PDA

View Full Version : It was only a matter of time..........

N8GAV
03-15-2011, 05:41 PM
BREAKING NEWS: 3910 "MED" BOB WARNS US ALL NOT TO BUY RADIO GEAR FROM JAPAN...IT IS RADIOACTIVE AND YOU WILL SUFFER A SLOW DEATH FROM THE RADIATION....After a rambling 15 minute transmission he also indicated the once the radioactivity hits the atmosphere and travels around the world, we can expect to catch the radioactivity thru our antenna systems and directly into our shacks...he suggest we all go out and buy lead flashing and make hats out of it...aluminum foil is not quite as effective......Buy milk, bread, and toilet paper and duct tape yourself in the house....

THE SKY IS FALLING BEWARE.

KG4CGC
03-15-2011, 05:45 PM
Looks like my used gear just took a HUGE jump in value!
Now where did I put my #4 gouger?

KJ3N
03-15-2011, 06:07 PM
Somewhere, a village is missing its idiot. :roll: :roll:

NQ6U
03-15-2011, 06:10 PM
Somewhere, a village is missing its idiot. :roll: :roll:

Something tells me that nobody is missing this particular idiot.

VE7DCW
03-15-2011, 06:15 PM
Yikes !! ...... No one could be that goofy?? ....could they?? :wtf:

KJ3N
03-15-2011, 06:19 PM
Yikes !! ...... No one could be that goofy?? ....could they?? :wtf:

Oh, sure they could. I present to you Michelle Bachmann, Christine O'Donnell, and Sharron Angle as just 3 examples.

KG4CGC
03-15-2011, 06:22 PM
No big deal. Just stay on HF and use a low pass filter because we all know that all radiation is UHF and above. Imagine all the cops and public service people though. They're going to get a lot of mouth and face cancer with all that talking into the face of their radios and control heads.

N8GAV
03-15-2011, 06:49 PM
Come on guys we're talking about 3910, people that hang out there are as crazy as Kaptian Klown and we know where he hangs out.

VE7DCW
03-15-2011, 11:10 PM
Come on guys we're talking about 3910, people that hang out there are as crazy as Kaptian Klown and we know where he hangs out.

Oh...... speaking of Mr.Kooky,he's making a big deal about now having Bill Crowell W6WBJ now having the ability of transmitting on 20 meters to help him jam all those bad hams speaking ill of VE7KFM .....so I suppose you now have to let the games begin ..... :boohoo:

kb2vxa
03-16-2011, 11:27 AM
"Somewhere, a village is missing its idiot."

No, more like the idiot is missing it's village after they all went screaming in different directions.

N8YX
03-16-2011, 11:28 AM
Is this the frequency/net which "Suck Bag" checks into on a regular basis? :chin:

WØTKX
03-16-2011, 02:16 PM
Possums have been lulzy, lately. And back on 3843.

220V in the shack last week, and one of my amplifiers is online. SB-220 is beat up and ugly... but it works. So I can be heard on the low bands now, even in the S.E.

Now I need to split some 110 off of that, so the other amps can be fired up and played with. Need the extra circuit.

So, will the radiation make the 3-500Z's glow more than 813's?

N8GAV
03-16-2011, 06:51 PM
Is this the frequency/net which "Suck Bag" checks into on a regular basis? :chin:

Which "Suck Bag" Fred? If you mean "Summers Eve", David "Colostomy Bag" then you hit the nail on the head.

N8GAV
03-16-2011, 06:56 PM
Oh...... speaking of Mr.Kooky,he's making a big deal about now having Bill Crowell W6WBJ now having the ability of transmitting on 20 meters to help him jam all those bad hams speaking ill of VE7KFM .....so I suppose you now have to let the games begin ..... :boohoo:

Oh well Gerry they both are "Lawyers" if you know what I mean, but I do digress :)

N8YX
03-17-2011, 06:49 AM
Which "Suck Bag" Fred? If you mean "Summers Eve", David "Colostomy Bag" then you hit the nail on the head.
No - I hear a guy who continually whispers "Suuuuuck Baaaaggg" in the background when the other folks are checked in. They, in turn, talk about him... :roll:

N8YX
03-17-2011, 06:51 AM
Red is Good in either case. :yes:

PA5COR
03-17-2011, 09:37 AM
That's why i put the new 3-500ZG ( Glow) in the heathkit SB-1000
The G stands for Graphite, but that will glow as well in the right circumstances i guess....;)
Here a 230 Volt line as standard in the house 5 groups each 16 Amp ( one 20 Amp for washingmachine etc in the utility room)

Possums have been lulzy, lately. And back on 3843.

220V in the shack last week, and one of my amplifiers is online. SB-220 is beat up and ugly... but it works. So I can be heard on the low bands now, even in the S.E.

Now I need to split some 110 off of that, so the other amps can be fired up and played with. Need the extra circuit.

N8GAV
03-17-2011, 09:57 AM
No - I hear a guy who continually whispers "Suuuuuck Baaaaggg" in the background when the other folks are checked in. They, in turn, talk about him... :roll:

It could be Fred, there are a bunch of New England area hams that use 3910 and see how far they can push the limits. At one time they wanted to see how many OO they can work, a real zoo down there.

kb2vxa
03-17-2011, 04:41 PM
Something occurred to me, the phrase real radios glow in the dark needs revision. Real radios glow in the dark, even when off. Hang on folks, radium dials are making a comeback!

N8YX
03-18-2011, 06:48 AM
Something occurred to me, the phrase real radios glow in the dark needs revision. Real radios glow in the dark, even when off. Hang on folks, radium dials are making a comeback!
I have just the deal for you: A Fukushima TRX-599.

Importing one to the states is gonna be a b!tch, however. Those things set off all kinds of radiation detectors. :whistle:

W4RLR
03-20-2011, 05:28 PM
I have just the deal for you: A Fukushima TRX-599.

Importing one to the states is gonna be a b!tch, however. Those things set off all kinds of radiation detectors. :whistle:

From Yaesu:

03/17/2011
In a letter to the Amateur Radio community, Vertex Standard Chief Executive Officer and President Jun Hasegawa expressed his “sincere appreciation to all of you for your kind words and thoughts about us” after the devastating 8.9 earthquake that struck Japan last week. Vertex Standard is the parent company of Yaesu.
All Vertex Standard employees and their families are safe and unhurt, Hasegawa said, but the company has not been able to reach many of their dealers and subcontractors who are located on the coast area: “We just hope that they are alive."
Hasegawa said that a Vertex Standard factory in Fukushima was damaged in the earthquake. Even though the factory is not located near the coast and the damage was minimal, he said that Vertex Standard has decided to “disable the operation at this moment.” Saying that they are working very hard to get the factory back to its normal operation, Hasegawa said that “it may take one to two weeks to restart operation in the Fukushima factory. I would like to ask for your understanding and cooperation at this time.”