PDA

View Full Version : 2 Calls into repeater.

n2ize
03-12-2011, 11:17 PM
Today I put two calls into a local repeater from a parking lot. Got no response so I moved on. No sooner had I left than a police car shows up searching for me. By then I was clear of the area but I could see them checking around. No doubt , they are monitoring my posts on this boars, and they are monitoring my cell phone and radio. They are watching me closely.

kd8dey
03-12-2011, 11:21 PM
Whats that old saying?

Just because your paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you!!

NA4BH
03-12-2011, 11:22 PM
Today I put two calls into a local repeater from a parking lot. Got no response so I moved on. No sooner had I left than a police car shows up searching for me. By then I was clear of the area but I could see them checking around. No doubt , they are monitoring my posts on this boars, and they are monitoring my cell phone and radio. They are watching me closely.

You forgot to say HELLO.

KA5PIU
03-13-2011, 12:08 AM
Hello.

First off, put in 2 calls, as in you told them where you are at?
Unlike cellular, something that auto-triangulates, one would need to DF a signal into a repeater.
Monitor this board? I can assure you that "they" monitor everything.
By my very nature I am monitored.
Between my contact with a few members of a motorcycle club that just got busted to my running around Mexico to my unusual contacts? I am sometimes suspect.
And, so, the police catch up with me, what next?
Find a law student in your area and explain your concern, any attorney can find out what is happening.

W4RLR
03-13-2011, 12:11 AM
Since "everything" is monitored by "the man", may I say to any government spook that is reading this:

"Fsck you...and your mother too!"

KG4CGC
03-13-2011, 12:29 AM
WART by proxy material right here I tell ya what.

N2NH
03-13-2011, 03:04 AM

Welcome to 4 land. Everytime I went out while in Central FL, a cop cruiser went by. Wherever I was. None appeared the time a hoodie tried to run me down at the parking lot one day, but there were plenty of badges when his car got hit by clear air lighting when he tried to catch me at my destination. It was ironic. The hit was so hard that the entire top of the car was blasted away. There were a lot of embarrassed guys wearing blue and green that afternoon. God has his ways.

KA5PIU
03-13-2011, 03:30 AM
Hello.

Years ago I had trouble with the Republicans and the attendant police that follow them around.
I do not hate cops but was not all that excited, the FBI agent I was working with at the time felt I should develop an understanding with them.
Remember, I spent time in Germany, both East as well as West, so I grew up with in a society that fears the police.
But, I learned early on, information is power.
I also learned very early on that silence is golden, or, as the saying goes, loose lips sink ships.
Amateur Radio, by its very nature, is open to anyone who wants to monitor.
Cops now use ham radio, some may question why someone outside their circle is on "their" repeater.
Or, they may have a problem with someone jacking with their system, and you are automatically a suspect, you have a transmitter.
I know that some of the very early Nextel (Fleetcall) units were transitional from type I trunking to iDEN, and can do type II.
How hard do you think it is to put that on the police frequencies? remember that Motorola put all 800MHz "channels" in every radio, set it up for that system and it works.
I also cracked the MDT units, easy as the Motorola scheme is not encrypted in any way.
So, very cheap radios, and anything from a 286 and above made an excellent MDT terminal.
County reserves were trying to get me involved, all kinds of chit.
Remember my FBI connection?
We set up a sting with government owned radios, N5ALT who was the chief of the Bexar county reserves was removed of supervisor authority over this.
The new sheriff, Harlon Copeland had no choice but to do what the FBI wanted, this gives you an idea.
http://www.actionmagsa.com/copeland

n2ize
03-13-2011, 04:20 AM
Since "everything" is monitored by "the man", may I say to any government spook that is reading this:

"Fsck you...and your mother too!"

They have a dossier out on everybody.

WV6Z
03-13-2011, 08:26 AM
Well, as we aren't important and aren't doing anything, well, except for Rudy and his Bourne Identity / Matrix exciting lifestyle, I will try to resist the temptation to get my tin foil hat out of the mothballs.

suddenseer
03-13-2011, 08:51 AM
Today I put two calls into a local repeater from a parking lot. Got no response so I moved on. No sooner had I left than a police car shows up searching for me. By then I was clear of the area but I could see them checking around. No doubt , they are monitoring my posts on this boars, and they are monitoring my cell phone and radio. They are watching me closely.Must be that Neew yawk accent. I don't have cops following me, just the guys in black suits, black cars, black sunglasses, black heliocopters with a bell apu, wait just kidding I forgot to say "Hello".

W5RB
03-13-2011, 09:27 AM
Well, as we aren't important and aren't doing anything, well, except for Rudy and his Bourne Identity / Matrix exciting lifestyle, I will try to resist the temptation to get my tin foil hat out of the mothballs.

The hat won't help in areas like mine , where the robot squirrels retransmit the satellites' signals from low angles .

WØTKX
03-13-2011, 11:28 AM
Hello,

Got questioned yesterday about the "scanner" on my dashboard. Had to wait for directions from dispatch, even after producing my wallet sized hamster radio FCC card. Because I was circling a parking lot looking for a space. Big man with an attitude, and a gun. Insisted on checking me out.

So I waited... he claimed he'd never heard of anything but CB and scanners. While waiting, I used it and said hey to a couple of people, making sure he took note of my hands free Heil Traveler headset... for safety. Big man started getting nicer, but it took about 45 minutes. The word was somebody who had a clue about ham radio looked up my call on the Internet. My identity checked out because I'm good on QRZ? :irked:

True story.

KA5PIU
03-13-2011, 12:04 PM
Hello.

Actually, as time has gone on, it looks like the Republicans are trying to eliminate "us", the working middle class.
Amateur Radio is slowly turning from a friendly hobby to whacker heaven, and worse.

kd8dey
03-13-2011, 12:31 PM
Must be that Neew yawk accent. I don't have cops following me, just the guys in black suits, black cars, black sunglasses, black heliocopters with a bell apu, wait just kidding I forgot to say "Hello".

Blues Brothers 2011?

N8GAV
03-13-2011, 12:33 PM
Hello.

Actually, as time has gone on, it looks like the Republicans are trying to eliminate "us", the working middle class.
Amateur Radio is slowly turning from a friendly hobby to whacker heaven, and worse.

Hello.
Republicans now wearing black suits and sunglasses even when it's not sunny out.
They go to Taco shops and flash something like a laser into your eyes.
Makes you want to go into hiding because next comes black choppers.
Beware and be on the look out, stay away from Taco Bell's only buy Tacos from Rudy.
That Is All.

KA5PIU
03-13-2011, 02:59 PM
Hello.

In the US it would have been called a phono oscillator and used only as a transmitter from the home.
In East Germany it was called a peoples radio and was a full 2 way radio that operated above the broadcast band.
In any case, for short range portable communications of under 15 miles maximum it works very well.
In East Germany, cop watch was a very popular pastime, remember that the black market is how you got everything.
Perhaps this will return, but in the USA, soon?

WV6Z
03-13-2011, 04:29 PM
The hat won't help in areas like mine , where the robot squirrels retransmit the satellites' signals from low angles .

Those little bastards! Oh and I'm not sure exactly what things Rudy may reference with regard to black market goods possibly surfacing in the US soon, but, I for one know, second hand shall we say, that if you work for the Gas Haulin' Mafia, you still get to roll when everyone else does not.

n2ize
03-14-2011, 08:19 AM
Must be that Neew yawk accent. I don't have cops following me, just the guys in black suits, black cars, black sunglasses, black heliocopters with a bell apu, wait just kidding I forgot to say "Hello".

The spooks monitor this forum and others. They know who we are and what we think. They are out there. Head down to 4 land and they think you're a left winger coming in to subvert things. They follow you and they watch you. You start to recognize familiar faces. They even followed me when I was up in NY. I was in the same parking lot and an "Eyewitness news Truck" raced into the station and skidded to a fast stop right in front of me. Very intimidating. Then one of the spooks got out and walked fast towards me then past me pretending he was hurrying for a train only to rendez vous with his "Eyewitness News" buddy at the next station.

W1GUH
03-14-2011, 08:51 AM

No worries til the black helicopters show up. And the only worry there is they're a hell of a lot more intimidating then a police cruiser...usually don't do nothin', just scare the living shit out of you.

NO...wait....those police thought you might be an encomm whacker & wanted to recruit you for disaster work when that big earthquake causes Indian Point to melt down. Better get your badge now, if you don't already have one.

http://www.maxarmory.com/images/products/preview/hr73.jpg

W1GUH
03-14-2011, 09:54 AM
Hello,

Got questioned yesterday about the "scanner" on my dashboard. Had to wait for directions from dispatch, even after producing my wallet sized hamster radio FCC card. Because I was circling a parking lot looking for a space. Big man with an attitude, and a gun. Insisted on checking me out.

So I waited... he claimed he'd never heard of anything but CB and scanners. While waiting, I used it and said hey to a couple of people, making sure he took note of my hands free Heil Traveler headset... for safety. Big man started getting nicer, but it took about 45 minutes. The word was somebody who had a clue about ham radio looked up my call on the Internet. My identity checked out because I'm good on QRZ? :irked:

True story.

Having an active scanner on the dashboard, in plain view of anyone is just asking for trouble, in a league with having a hand-rolled (legal) cigarette on the dash. Yep, legal, but you're gonna get hasseled.

KA5PIU
03-14-2011, 06:46 PM
Having an active scanner on the dashboard, in plain view of anyone is just asking for trouble, in a league with having a hand-rolled (legal) cigarette on the dash. Yep, legal, but you're gonna get hasseled.

Hello.

First off, I would never do anything like that.
In fact, I use a VX-3R that interfaces with a briefcase radio set or mobile, everything looks very cellular or FRS, nothing advanced at all.
For a gain antenna I have an umbrella.
Everything says average.

N8GAV
03-14-2011, 06:52 PM
Hello.

First off, I would never do anything like that.
In fact, I use a VX-3R that interfaces with a briefcase radio set or mobile, everything looks very cellular or FRS, nothing advanced at all.
For a gain antenna I have an umbrella.
Everything says average.

Did you get that from "Q" at the same time he gave you the Austion Martian DB5 Rudy??

W4RLR
03-14-2011, 07:07 PM
They have a dossier out on everybody.Have you read yours? I've read mine.

NQ6U
03-14-2011, 07:37 PM
Have you read yours? I've read mine.

I've read yours too. Very interesting, especially the part about you and that...

Never mind, I'm not supposed to tell.

kd8dey
03-14-2011, 09:13 PM
I've read yours too. Very interesting, especially the part about you and that...

Never mind, I'm not supposed to tell.

BUT did you read Between the lines? :)

w6tmi
03-15-2011, 01:14 AM
Hello.

Watchit! there are Republicans under your bed too!

They're gettin ready to ninja your privacies!

They have yer keys!

All your bases are belong to Republicans!