PDA

View Full Version : N1VW - Top notch ham to deal with

KC2UGV
03-09-2011, 11:02 AM
Purchased a tuner from Van (MFJ-971). It came fast, and was exactly as he described. Packing job was stock MJF packaging inside of another box, with peanuts.

He was very flexible with payment options and shipping options, even though he was covering shipment.

So, I'd recommend him if you are purchasing something from him. Great to deal with :)

N8YX
03-09-2011, 11:06 AM
What do you folks think regarding the creation of a "Ham references" sub-section in the Equipment Reviews area for threads such as this?

NQ6U
03-09-2011, 11:12 AM
What do you folks think regarding the creation of a "Ham references" sub-section in the Equipment Reviews area for threads such as this?

I think it's an excellent idea. It would be good to be able to reference posts like Corey's easily should one of us want to look it up later. As it stands now, I won't remember who it is he's endorsing later, only that he endorsed someone, and won't be able to find it easily again.

KC2UGV
03-09-2011, 11:20 AM

+1...

inb4 "trying to be like that other site..."

N8YX
03-09-2011, 11:35 AM
inb4 "trying to be like that other site..."
I seriously doubt that our "References" area would get anywhere near as lively as QTH's ... ;)

W3WN
03-09-2011, 11:50 AM
What do you folks think regarding the creation of a "Ham references" sub-section in the Equipment Reviews area for threads such as this?I'm all for it.

That said, you know what's going to happen. Someone with an axe to grind (justified or not) will make accusations, the accused will counter... and those who triple-post on the Zed, eHam, and QTH (and other sites as well, I'm sure) will add our forum to their list.

And no matter how much people are cautioned regarding threats, insults, innuendo, hearsay, libel and slander... that's all going to happen too.

So, the real question may be, if such a forum is created, how will it be managed, and who on the staff is willing to take on the headache?

VE7DCW
03-09-2011, 12:48 PM
I seriously doubt that our "References" area would get anywhere near as lively as QTH's ... ;)

Fred ..... do you mean like asking a question or making a comment as happens in the "other site's" online swap meet section? :mrgreen:

KG4CGC
03-09-2011, 04:24 PM
A "Ham to Ham Reference" of sorts would be an excellent idea regardless of the possible 1 or 2% of those with issues.