PDA

View Full Version : Digimodes on Tablets

KC2UGV
03-08-2011, 10:46 AM
So, I've had my new Android tablet for about 2 weeks now. Loving the hell out of it! One thing great about it is the device has a full USB host port (So one can connect USB peripherals).

This thing is a Viewsonic G Tablet. 10" capacitive touch screen. I've tested a USB serial port, and guess what? The OS sees it just fine. Point one.

Rumors have it that the device also supports some USB audio cards. Needed for in/out to the radio (Unless the radio has a CAT interface, or similar data port).

So, I'm currently in the process of working on a FLDigi port to Android, I'll keep everyone here in the loop, but if I can get one sound card modem working, 3/4 of the battle is done!

KA5PIU
03-08-2011, 12:33 PM
Hello.

Bought a cheap USB audio card from DealExtreme, works just fine.
But you can get the docking station for your device and access the HDMI port, that gives you everything it has to offer.
Although input is 12VDC the device uses Li-ion cells for 7.4VDC to run.
It is not intended to, and do not run with the DC input not isolated from ground or connected to anything else.
It is an android device, pretty much anything an android device can do but there is not all that much in Amateur Radio available.
The most interesting thing in android out now is the rig control software for some Yaesu radios, and that is intended for the phones.
It is not in the market as there are still issues but you can find it in the SDK forum.

KC2UGV
03-08-2011, 12:35 PM
You have a Viewsonic G Tablet?

KA5PIU
03-08-2011, 12:42 PM
You have a Viewsonic G Tablet?

Hello.

I reviewed one a while back as part of a product evaluation (Android).

KC2UGV
03-08-2011, 01:13 PM
Hello.

I reviewed one a while back as part of a product evaluation (Android).

So, you don't have one then.

NQ6U
03-08-2011, 01:58 PM
So, you don't have one then.

:lol:!