PDA

View Full Version : Using the radio Netherlands antenna's

PA5COR
03-08-2011, 03:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vE1zk60v3E&feature=player_embedded#at=34
Have a look at the Dutch hams using the steerable array antenna's of Radio NNetherlands with 22 dB gain on 40 meters....

NQ6U
03-08-2011, 12:15 PM
Yeah, but just wait until his HOA finds out about it...

X-Rated
03-08-2011, 12:22 PM
Damn. I gotta go clean my jeans.

KG4CGC
03-08-2011, 12:33 PM
Damn. I gotta go clean my jeans.
Aw Crap! I mean crap. Shit! Oops! Crap! Aw Crap!

Cool vid.

X-Rated
03-08-2011, 12:35 PM
Aw Crap! I mean crap. Shit! Oops! Crap! Aw Crap!

Cool vid.

Jiz wiz.

KA5PIU
03-08-2011, 12:39 PM
Hello.

NO! NO! NO!
You connect the N connector to an adapter and connect this to the driver of the transmitter.
I did this once in Saudi Arabia, 27.185MHz AM even. ;)
Broadcast transmitters are intended to transmit, switching to receive is very involved.

KG4CGC
03-08-2011, 12:41 PM
Jiz wiz.
Just say you sharted, because if you're not a pretty young woman ...........

X-Rated
03-08-2011, 01:14 PM
Hello.

NO! NO! NO!...
I did this once in Saudi Arabia, 27.185MHz AM even. ;)
Broadcast transmitters are intended to transmit, switching to receive is very involved.

Tain FOAR gud budday. Nineteen is open wall to wall. How about using an F-N adapter? It can screw both ways.

W3WN
03-08-2011, 01:56 PM
Impressive. Most impressive.

Now why can't they load that thing on 160 and work my pitiful signal?

PA5COR
03-08-2011, 03:17 PM
LOL
Been there once, they made a special connnection for the hams that can use the steerable array now and then.
P.S. no H.O.A.'s here, The EVRM rights for all humans in the EEC specially forbid the government to intervene in our putting up antenna's.
Goes for rented homes as well, free to put up any antenna 15 feet over the roof, no restrictions on horizontal wire antenna's or beams.
For higher towers just apply ffor a building permit and if you put iin the good reasons why you need one you get it.

Article 10 EVRM
[/URL]The Governments signatory hereto, being Members of the Council of Europe,
Considering the Universal Declaration of Human Rights proclaimed by the General Assembly of the United Nations on 10th December 1948;
Considering that this Declaration aims at securing the universal and effective recognition and observance of the Rights therein declared;
Considering that the aim of the Council of Europe is the achievement of greater unity between its Members and that one of the methods by which that aim is to be pursued is the maintenance and further realisation of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms;
Reaffirming their profound belief in those Fundamental Freedoms which are the foundation of justice and peace in the world and are best maintained on the one hand by an effective political democracy and on the other by a common understanding and observance of the Human Rights upon which they depend;
Being resolved, as the Governments of European countries which are likeminded and have a common heritage of political traditions, ideals, freedom and the rule of law, to take the first steps for the collective enforcement of certain of the Rights stated in the Universal Declaration;
Have agreed as follows:
[URL="http://lexius.nl/verdrag-tot-bescherming-van-de-rechten-van-de-mens-en-de-fundamentele-vrijheden-rome-04-11-1950/artikel10"]Article 10. - Freedom of expression

(http://lexius.nl/verdrag-tot-bescherming-van-de-rechten-van-de-mens-en-de-fundamentele-vrijheden-rome-04-11-1950)

(http://lexius.nl/verdrag-tot-bescherming-van-de-rechten-van-de-mens-en-de-fundamentele-vrijheden-rome-04-11-1950/artikel10/lid1)Everyone has the right to freedom of expression. This right shall include freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without interference by public authority and regardless of frontiers. This Article shall not prevent States from requiring the licensing of broadcasting, television or cinema enterprises.

As the highest court (EHRM) said, the right to recieve and transmit in freedom is one of the most basic rights in Europe.
All restrictions forbiddding antenna's are unlawfull, even if you signed a lease where it is in.
Any HOA restriction here about antenna's is unlawfull.

Look at my QRZ piccies or in the antenna section here ;)

W4RLR
03-09-2011, 04:16 AM
Very nice.

n3aiu
04-13-2011, 06:32 PM
I gotta get me one of those.

N7YA
04-14-2011, 01:10 AM
Would it be considered 'confirmed' if there is a Youtube video of the op working you? I should check with the desk.

That is truly impressive. I have always liked R. Neth's programming...its always fun to compare their news to our faux version of news...rarely do they match. Very exciting setup for sure!