PDA

View Full Version : Arby's

W4RLR
03-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Arby's has started a new ad campaign that states Arby's is "Good Mood Food".

That begs the question "Where does one eat when they are pissed off?":irked:

W2NAP
03-06-2011, 08:55 PM
umm id say they dont eat if they are pissed off.

NA4BH
03-06-2011, 09:03 PM
That's easy, if they're mad they chew somebody's ass out. :whistle:

N9FE
03-06-2011, 09:35 PM
There are so many fast food joints going down the crapper here its amazing. One week there open, Next week plywood on da windows. Ma&Pop joints even worse.

kd8dey
03-06-2011, 11:16 PM
I would have to be in a good mood to pay Arby's prices. I only eat there rarely (even when they are running a special).

KG4CGC
03-06-2011, 11:18 PM
gud mud fud?

NA4BH
03-06-2011, 11:34 PM
gud mud fud?

Now there's something to win with. :agree: :-D

WØTKX
03-06-2011, 11:35 PM

http://sfist.com/attachments/sfistLeanne/chick-fil-a.jpg

X-Rated
03-07-2011, 10:49 AM

Maybe they would like you to bring in your pet sheep to get her into a good mood.

W3WN
03-07-2011, 11:30 AM

McDonalds?

X-Rated
03-07-2011, 11:32 AM
McDonalds?

Nope. Pope YES.

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/2643723_f260.jpg

NA4BH
03-07-2011, 11:36 AM
Nope. Pope YES.

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/2643723_f260.jpg

Best onion rings in the World.

W3WN
03-07-2011, 12:02 PM
Don't have a Popeyes locally.

I hear that they aren't too bad. I'd love to find out for myself one day.

X-Rated
03-07-2011, 12:06 PM
I didn't even know that they had onion rings. I know their rice and beans are so good. But for around here, we have Pope yes and KFC. We choose Pope yes every time. No comparison.

W3WN
03-07-2011, 01:42 PM
When I still lived up in State College, there was a new restaurant opened across the street from the PSU campus (this is circa 1970 ). I can not to this day remember the name of it, but it may have been a Popeyes... one thing I remember is that they cooked their fries & Onion Rings in peanut oil. I don't know if it was because of the oil or what seasoning they used, but I have never tasted better O-rings in a fast food place.

Place also had an oustanding salad bar, one of the first I'd ever seen.

They didn't last, though. Last I recall, Burger King had taken over the building, which was a step up from the Mickey D's down the street, but still...

W2NAP
03-07-2011, 01:45 PM
arbys is ok.. dont like the prices. if anything ill eat at BK or Wendys

I wont touch shitdonalds or any chicken place (kfc,popeyes) i hate chicken

w3bny
03-07-2011, 02:10 PM
arbys is ok.. dont like the prices. if anything ill eat at BK or Wendys

I wont touch shitdonalds or any chicken place (kfc,popeyes) i hate chicken

http://I20.photobucket.com/albums/b220/Bunnieman/Haters_Gonna_Hate_03.jpg

W7XF
03-07-2011, 02:31 PM
http://sfist.com/attachments/sfistLeanne/chick-fil-a.jpg

That just cost you your gay card, Dave!!:yuck::irked::nono::nono:

X-Rated
03-07-2011, 02:35 PM

That was seriously bad.

kc7jty
03-07-2011, 04:24 PM
Red beans and rice. I wouldn't go to Arby's if it was free.

X-Rated
03-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Red beans and rice. I wouldn't go to Arby's if it was free.

Mega Like. Arby's sucks.

W5RB
03-07-2011, 04:51 PM
I'm afraid to go to any driveup window if I'm already pissed . The temptation to reach out and drag someone through the window , to explain why SIXTEEN FRICKIN' NICKELS is not appropriate change , would just be too great . Arby's food is good , priced too high .

W7XF
03-07-2011, 06:54 PM
Arby's: Overdone, way to fscking salty, probably ground and formed "roast beef".
And my stomach totally disagrees with their curly fries. Give me Hardee's beer-battered onion rings ANYDAY!

KØWVM
03-07-2011, 08:43 PM
(Karaoke mode on)

Cat people...

Dog people...

We all look the same way nude!

(Karaoke mode off)

Anyways... Like their shakes, curly fries and hot ham and swiss.

NQ6U
03-07-2011, 09:08 PM
We all look the same way nude!

Trust me on this one: that is incorrect.

KØWVM
03-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Trust me on this one: that is incorrect.

LOL! It's funny just to sing the silly song. One of those tunes that drives people nuts. Not sure where they came up with that one and who in their right mind thought it was perfect for the commercial. Scary thought huh?

KG4CGC
03-07-2011, 11:08 PM
Speaking of curly fries ...
Why the hell do so many places continue to attempt to further fuck up the french fry?
Don't give me none of that preseasoned, over salted, extra fatted crap. Just cut up the taters and drop them in the fryer!
Got dang people, how the (v$% hard is that? Just plain fried taterins. I can fsck them up myself after they're cooked if need be.

I absolutely can not eat any of that crap these days.

kc7jty
03-07-2011, 11:11 PM
Arby's food is good
ouch

NA4BH
03-07-2011, 11:13 PM
Remember back in the old days when McDonalds cut (on site) and cooked their fries as needed? They had a wall of sliced fries hanging, ready to cook. None of the frozen crap they sell today.

W4RLR
03-08-2011, 01:14 AM
Why the hell do so many places continue to attempt to further fuck up the french fry?
Don't give me none of that preseasoned, over salted, extra fatted crap. Just cut up the taters and drop them in the fryer!
Got dang people, how the (v$% hard is that? Just plain fried taterins. I can fsck them up myself after they're cooked if need be.

I absolutely can not eat any of that crap these days.When I eat at Arby's, I get potato cakes. They never have them pre-made, so I always get fresh ones.

KG4CGC
03-08-2011, 01:29 AM
Remember back in the old days when McDonalds cut (on site) and cooked their fries as needed? They had a wall of sliced fries hanging, ready to cook. None of the frozen crap they sell today.
Oh man! I think I was 8 years old when we got a tour of the Micky Dees kitchen.
They put the potatoes in a cylindrical device that peeled all but 10% of the peel off. They said they tasted better that way. Then they put each potato into one of those old school slicers, mounted on the wall with a 4" wide wooden handle and pull down. The sliced fries would drop into a tub, one tater at a time.

KG4CGC
03-08-2011, 01:31 AM
When I eat at Arby's, I get potato cakes. They never have them pre-made, so I always get fresh ones.
I don't think I've ever had an Arby's Potato Cake. I've had those tater things McDonald's used to sell at breakfest. Greasier than all get out!

X-Rated
03-08-2011, 01:33 AM
ouch

Yeah. His call is W5RB. Arby. Get it?

kc7jty
03-08-2011, 02:34 AM
damn...I never even noticed it.

We had Gino's in SE PA. The spuds went through a hand drawn ram then were par fried before waiting to be fried again before serving.
http://ginoshamburgers.homestead.com/gino_s_m.jpg

W5GA
03-08-2011, 08:04 AM
White Castle FTW!

X-Rated
03-08-2011, 08:12 AM
damn...I never even noticed it.

AND, your damn glad to have me here to point out these subtleties. You are welcome.

White Castle FTW!

White Castle and Pizza Hut were both started in Wichita Kansas. Today, there are no White Castles in Kansas. Kinda like ocean life. It is all pretty much gone now.

W7XF
03-08-2011, 02:28 PM
In N Out still uses the hand-operated fry slicer. Put the tater in, pull the handle, dump the bucket in the fryer. Can't get any fresher than that. Never had a greasy fry out of In N Out.

n0iu
03-08-2011, 02:40 PM
I'm afraid to go to any driveup window if I'm already pissed . The temptation to reach out and drag someone through the window , to explain why SIXTEEN FRICKIN' NICKELS is not appropriate change , would just be too great.

Or when your food comes up to something like $4.23 and you hand them a $5 bill and a quarter then they look at you like you're and moron and say something like, "Sir, you gave me too much money" and then they give you your quarter back along with the 77¢ in change.

Wendy's used to be one of my favorite burger joynts until they started using that friggin sea salt on their fries! I love those Frosties, but a Jamocha shake from Arby's will do just fine thank you very much!

NA4BH
03-08-2011, 03:34 PM
The strawberry/chocolate shake they (Arbys) had a few months back were great.

WØTKX
03-08-2011, 06:22 PM

Ha!

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/Doc%20Savage%203.jpg

W4RLR
03-08-2011, 07:17 PM
I don't think I've ever had an Arby's Potato Cake. I've had those tater things McDonald's used to sell at breakfest. Greasier than all get out!The same, only in a triangle shape.

WØTKX
03-08-2011, 07:44 PM
I remember the old Arby's and the Twirling Cone of Meat. Was much better then.

Still go there once in a while. Smallest beef sandwich combo, with plenty of Horsey sauce. Definitely the potato cakes. They used to do a $5 for five items deal, one small sandwich, small shake, and 6 potato cakes. Yummm.

N2CHX
03-08-2011, 08:04 PM
http://www.jeremywalker.com/pages/films/images07/aqua-teen-hunger-force_cellback.jpg
(http://www.jeremywalker.com/pages/films/images07/aqua-teen-hunger-force_cellback.jpg)

W5RB
03-08-2011, 10:26 PM
Yeah. His call is W5RB. Arby. Get it?

Yep . Roast Beef . Round Belly . Rat Bastard . And many more .

W5RB
03-08-2011, 10:28 PM
http://www.jeremywalker.com/pages/films/images07/aqua-teen-hunger-force_cellback.jpg
(http://www.jeremywalker.com/pages/films/images07/aqua-teen-hunger-force_cellback.jpg)

I mighta guessed you'd be associated with subversive cartoon food forces .

W3WN
03-09-2011, 11:27 AM
I don't think I've ever had an Arby's Potato Cake. I've had those tater things McDonald's used to sell at breakfest. Greasier than all get out!Very similar. I don't think the potatoes are shredded quite the same way. The Arby's version is very close to some commercial versions of latkes I've had. Of course, they tend to be quite greasy, but that's always going to be a side effect of fast food deep fat frying.

W3WN
03-09-2011, 11:32 AM
I remember the old Arby's and the Twirling Cone of Meat. Was much better then.

Still go there once in a while. Smallest beef sandwich combo, with plenty of Horsey sauce. Definitely the potato cakes. They used to do a $5 for five items deal, one small sandwich, small shake, and 6 potato cakes. Yummm.Yes, it was.

I miss the Arby's Super. It's no longer on the menu at the local stores. Oh, you can still get it, if you know how to order just right & they're paying attention, but you pay through the nose for it. They had a $1 "value" sandwich last year that was basically a small version of the Super (but you had to ask for it sans Mayo, and put on the "Arby's" sauce yourself. Downtown store refused to do it. Damned if I know why), but when that disappeared, it cost almost double to order it.

I don't go there much anymore. Between the higher prices, the menu shifts (and I really hate it when the sandwich you bought yesterday is now a "we don't carry that" today), and general order foul-ups, I'm done with the downtown store.

W3WN
03-09-2011, 11:34 AM
I remember the old Arby's and the Twirling Cone of Meat. Was much better then. < snip >
You know what else I really miss? The old Roy Rodgers roast beef sandwiches. I don't know if the chain is still around, it disappeared from around here about the time that Hardees took them over, IIRC.

W4RLR
03-09-2011, 09:58 PM
You know what else I really miss? The old Roy Rodgers roast beef sandwiches. I don't know if the chain is still around, it disappeared from around here about the time that Hardees took them over, IIRC.The only thing I get at Hardees is breakfast. Steak and egg biscuits. Yum.

kd8dey
03-09-2011, 10:07 PM
You know what else I really miss? The old Roy Rodgers roast beef sandwiches. I don't know if the chain is still around, it disappeared from around here about the time that Hardees took them over, IIRC.

Very few but still around. There's one not too far from Kings Island that I stopped in last year.
Just a little Shite hole you would miss if you blinked. Had to go outside to get to the restrooms (dodging traffic from the drive through along the side wall to reach)

Ps
2 in Pa
Pa Turnpike milepost 21.7 (exit 2 & 3) Rockchester

327 Industrial park rd (exit 10 & 11)
Somerset

kd8dey
03-09-2011, 10:13 PM
The only thing I get at Hardees is breakfast. Steak and egg biscuits. Yum.

Big Chef 2@$3.00 or their mushroom & Swiss. Their shakes are over priced But there is a McDonalds "next door"

N7RJD
03-09-2011, 10:40 PM
"Where does one eat when they are pissed off?":irked:

I don't know about that but always remember it's better to be pissed off than pissed on.

KG4CGC
03-09-2011, 10:47 PM
The only thing I get at Hardees is breakfast. Steak and egg biscuits. Yum.
Bojangle's killed the Hardee's star.

NA4BH
03-09-2011, 10:57 PM
We just had a Bojangles open here yesterday.

KG4CGC
03-09-2011, 11:34 PM
The Hardee's at exit 40 on HWY 85 in SC was a staple, a landmark for the longest time. Bojangle's opened up across the road and after a year, Hardee's called it quits.

W1GUH
03-11-2011, 11:06 AM

Ding Ding Ding...the magic word was uttered...

"The old Roy Rodgers..." Trigger-burgers. Mmmmm....hit the spot (and continue to do so for at least 300 miles afterwards.)

W3WN
03-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Ding Ding Ding...the magic word was uttered...

"The old Roy Rodgers..." Trigger-burgers. Mmmmm....hit the spot (and continue to do so for at least 300 miles afterwards.)Oh, c'mon, quit horsing around.

You really need to reign these in.

And with that, I'll mosey on down the forum, before someone reads these and cries "neigh!"

W1GUH
03-11-2011, 12:44 PM
I DID have a great time at an Arby's on the PA Turnpike last year. I ordered a trigger-burger but forgot to order the drink. When I woke up and ordered the drink, the guy just gave it to me. Said the place rips off people enough! Imagine that -- a counter person at a fast food place on a turnpike that's got brains!

W3MIV
03-11-2011, 05:18 PM
Wow, this thread is a fascinating array of fast foods I am happy to have missed.

KA5PIU
03-11-2011, 07:32 PM
Hello.

Pecking order.
In-n-out is on top.
Bojangles is a good second.
Hardees is a tie with Whataburger.
McDonalds gets a nod above Burger King.
Fast downhill from here.

kc7jty
03-11-2011, 07:35 PM
fast food IS America. After 4:30 pm here the drive up windows at ALL the fast food joints have lines wrapped around the restaurant.
It's pathetic.

W3MIV
03-11-2011, 07:56 PM
Joe Pesci's line from one of the Lethal Weapon movies leaps to mind.

W5RB
03-11-2011, 08:03 PM
Americans worship at these food shrines . I'm gonna open a Japanese restaurant called The Wasabi Temple .

kc7jty
03-12-2011, 02:25 AM
I'm going to open a health food restaurant, call it:
Chick Pees.

W4RLR
03-12-2011, 02:26 AM
I DID have a great time at an Arby's on the PA Turnpike last year. I ordered a trigger-burger but forgot to order the drink. When I woke up and ordered the drink, the guy just gave it to me. Said the place rips off people enough! Imagine that -- a counter person at a fast food place on a turnpike that's got brains!Costs hardly anything to give away a drink beyond the price of the cup. Two months ago it was cheaper to get the extra large drink at McDonalds than a small drink. $1.29 for the small, a buck for the extra large.

n0iu
03-12-2011, 03:25 AM
Chick Pees.
Sound like a better name for a business that caters to women with bizarre fetishes!

kd8dey
03-12-2011, 07:13 AM
Costs hardly anything to give away a drink beyond the price of the cup. Two months ago it was cheaper to get the extra large drink at McDonalds than a small drink. $1.29 for the small, a buck for the extra large.

$1.00 iced tea
:)

X-Rated
03-12-2011, 08:07 AM
Chic Pees.

W3MIV
03-12-2011, 01:50 PM
Chic Pees.

So does guy.

KG4CGC
03-12-2011, 02:12 PM
Chick Pees.
Don't go overboard with the yellow theme.

suddenseer
03-12-2011, 02:35 PM
Very similar. I don't think the potatoes are shredded quite the same way. The Arby's version is very close to some commercial versions of latkes I've had. Of course, they tend to be quite greasy, but that's always going to be a side effect of fast food deep fat frying.I would rather have my gram ma's xmas alternative.
http://www.theawl.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/latkes.JPG

KG4CGC
03-12-2011, 03:42 PM
Cartman demands that you hand over your Jew gold!

suddenseer
03-14-2011, 06:32 AM
Cartman demands that you hand over your Jew gold!That's all Cartman needs: Coin shaped chocolate with gold foil. My dreidal is plastic made in Indonesia.
My gram ma's latkes are better (to me) than any abused potato made in a fast food, or sit down restaurant. I will fight Cartman for control of the latkes.

W1GUH
03-14-2011, 10:28 AM
Two not mentioned so far --

Shoney's breakfast buffet! Totally look forward to that when I'm in 4-land.

And, of course, Waffle House MUST be mentioned for it's fine cuisine and clientele.

W4RLR
03-14-2011, 07:46 PM
Two not mentioned so far --

Shoney's breakfast buffet! Totally look forward to that when I'm in 4-land.

And, of course, Waffle House MUST be mentioned for it's fine cuisine and clientele.They turned the Shoney's in Crestview into a Hooter's. Then they put in a second Waffle House which is closer to my QTH. Shoney's is a dying breed, sadly. I miss the breakfast buffet.

W3WN
03-15-2011, 12:46 PM
I would rather have my gram ma's xmas alternative.
Me too.

Further, I haven't been able to find a good blintz since the Holiday House closed.

KG4CGC
03-15-2011, 09:05 PM
They turned the Shoney's in Crestview into a Hooter's. Then they put in a second Waffle House which is closer to my QTH. Shoney's is a dying breed, sadly. I miss the breakfast buffet.
The Hooters in Spartanburg was shutdown today by DHEC. Maybe it will reopen as a Shoney's. Did the breakfest buffet there quite a few times.

suddenseer
03-16-2011, 06:23 AM
Me too.

Further, I haven't been able to find a good blintz since the Holiday House closed.I have never tasted a good blintz that was not home made. I am getting hungry thinking about my gram's feasts. I liked everything she made except that damned gefilte fish.:yuck:

kb2vxa
03-17-2011, 06:01 PM
"I liked everything she made except that damned gefilte fish."
I'm not surprised, they're used to keep the pool clean.

n0iu
03-17-2011, 06:25 PM
Even store bought gefilte fish can be made somewhat palatable with enough RED "chrane". (That's horseradish for all you goyim out there!)

W3WN
03-17-2011, 08:22 PM
I have never tasted a good blintz that was not home made. I am getting hungry thinking about my gram's feasts. I liked everything she made except that damned gefilte fish.:yuck:That was the nice thing about the Holiday House, they actually made their blintzes in the kitchen, fresh. I used to stop at their in-house restaurant after taking the FCC exams, to either celebrate or commiserate.

You can find some frozen stuff in the local supermarkets... they're not bad, for factory produced frozen shmutz.

My mom hasn't made them in years. At 82, she's not much up for the work these days. I do miss them.