PDA

View Full Version : Staying in after class

X-Rated
03-04-2011, 01:04 PM
"I couldn't think of a legitimate good reason why people shouldn't be allowed to see that, and I still can't," he told me. The students were repeatedly warned about what they were going to see, and those who were uncomfortable with the idea were allowed to leave. The woman took off her clothes and her fiancé got her off with the motorized dildo -- although she didn't actually ejaculate. It took no more than 10 minutes of the hour-long presentation -- but it's getting Bailey his 15 minutes of infamy, and he made clear that he isn't enjoying it one bit.

So what do you think??? (http://www.salon.com/life/sex_education/index.html?story=/mwt/feature/2011/03/03/sex_ed&source=newsletter&utm_source=contactology&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Salon_Daily%2520Newsletter%2520%2528N ot%2520Premium%2529_7_30_110)
Should college classes teach strictly from the book, or should they contain "labwork"?

KG4CGC
03-04-2011, 01:24 PM
The trend is to treat people like children so why not in college too? Nothing thought provoking, just teach the test.

kd8dey
03-04-2011, 01:54 PM
I had to drop out of ITT this past quarter to take care of Wifoid 1.0 ( Kidneys failing faster than doctors predicted. all those different blood levels out of wack & toxins building up. Surgeries in prep for Dialysis, Time conflicts, Transportation, etc etc etc.) The way she is going I only give her 2-3 years.

One of the things I really liked was the lab work. All that hands on with the O-scope etc to go along with the theory. Being able to look at the circuits and see if the gain on a stage was set too high, and how to modify the circuit to act appropriately. The time delay/decay factor of stringing a bunch of gates together and all that stuff......
Probably all for nothing now.
bunch of student loans that I will now probably not be able afford to pay back since I didn't finish ending in default and screwing up my chances of going back after she passes.
Bummer :(

W3MIV
03-04-2011, 01:57 PM
It would seem to me that anyone in his class who did not know what was happening or how or why it was being performed had every reason to be there watching. And learning. Is that not the reason for education?

Seems that such education would, perhaps, be a bit late in life, but then, it is better that knowledge arrive late than never at all.

Much ado about nothing.

N8GAV
03-04-2011, 01:57 PM
I never had that kind of class in college..... Damn I missed out on something :)

X-Rated
03-04-2011, 02:09 PM
I had to drop out of ITT this past quarter to take care of Wifoid 1.0 ( Kidneys failing faster than doctors predicted. all those different blood levels out of wack & toxins building up. Surgeries in prep for Dialysis, Time conflicts, Transportation, etc etc etc.) The way she is going I only give her 2-3 years.

One of the things I really liked was the lab work. All that hands on with the O-scope etc to go along with the theory. Being able to look at the circuits and see if the gain on a stage was set too high, and how to modify the circuit to act appropriately. The time delay/decay factor of stringing a bunch of gates together and all that stuff......
Probably all for nothing now.
bunch of student loans that I will now probably not be able afford to pay back since I didn't finish ending in default and screwing up my chances of going back after she passes.
Bummer :(

I am really really sorry to hear of your XYL's failing health. I hope they can come up with some better ideas for her. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

n2ize
03-04-2011, 03:05 PM
So what do you think??? (http://www.salon.com/life/sex_education/index.html?story=/mwt/feature/2011/03/03/sex_ed&source=newsletter&utm_source=contactology&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Salon_Daily%2520Newsletter%2520%2528N ot%2520Premium%2529_7_30_110)
Should college classes teach strictly from the book, or should they contain "labwork"?

I think its really pushing the envelope. I don;t really think such a salacious display is necessary in a class or as part of the curriculum.

NQ6U
03-04-2011, 04:09 PM
I don;t really think such a salacious display is necessary in a class or as part of the curriculum.

Me either. Unless, as a student, I'm allowed to become personally involved, of course.

WV6Z
03-05-2011, 01:41 AM
I want to control the variac knob.

kc7jty
03-05-2011, 02:14 AM
On PBS's American Masters it was stated Frank Lloyd Wright (who taught young students who stayed in his large home for weeks and longer) picked who among them would engage in intercourse with the partner of his choice.
I found that quite fascinating. They most certainly must have held him in awe.
http://www.bolender.com/Frank%20Lloyd%20Wright/Frank%20Lloyd%20Wright%20Ronald%20Bolender_small.j pg

This situation seems strange though, and has a cheesy aura about it.

N2CHX
03-05-2011, 07:28 AM
Bailey is an idiot. He's the guy that came up with the crackpot theory that ABNS subscribe(s) to.

ab1ga
03-05-2011, 10:51 AM
Me either. Unless, as a student, I'm allowed to become personally involved, of course.

You'd probably have to be a TA or RA to participate at that level. I should have stayed in college longer.