PDA

View Full Version : Beezid auctions

NA4BH
03-03-2011, 03:50 PM
Do any of you use Beezid.com?

NQ6U
03-03-2011, 03:51 PM
First I've heard of it, but I don't get out much.

KA5PIU
03-03-2011, 05:38 PM
Hello.

Never even heard of it.

WA4TM
03-03-2011, 05:40 PM
I guess I'm a shut-in also.. Never heard of them....

KG4CGC
03-03-2011, 05:44 PM
I was wondering if it was a scam.

ad4mg
03-03-2011, 07:55 PM
I saw their commercial. Blonde in a red dress, looks like her feet are glued to the floor ...

WØTKX
03-03-2011, 08:11 PM
http://www.antiscam.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1292

Best comment/explanation at that link...

While not necessarily a 100% scam beezid.com is a fools game. No magic but perhaps a lot of smoke and mirrors. First of all, it is not really an auction site, it is a merchandise selling site that operates somewhat on the same idea as those "Mainliner" slot machines. You buy in essence tokens which allows you to spin the wheels so to speak. Being overly simplistic, once you "spin" the wheels, or make a bid in this case, your tokens, and the money to acquire them are history. In other words, all loosing bids are going to beezid's purchase of whatever the item you bid on costs them plus some percentage to cover operating costs and profit. Somewhere in the scheme of things they more than likely have an item profit level set and once bidding has reached that point the true legitimate timer on the so called auction becomes real time and someone wins the auction.

In essence beezid is a form of gambling by anyone's definition. First clue: You buy bids (tokens). Second clue: Once you use that bid (token) it is gone whether you win anything or not. Third clue: There are no cash refunds nor can you cash out.

Best advice is to stay away from this site or any like it because like the slot machines in Las Vegas, or other gambling meccas, only a few walk away winners and ahead of the game. For every individual that "wins" anything there are dozen's, if not hundreds, that got Zip point Zero for their purchase of "bids" or in reality "Tokens or funny money." In other words, be smart save your money for a weekend in Vegas or similar place where you know you are likely to walk away with less money than when you arrived. If you are lucky enough to win on that trip at least you can buy something from a reputable business if you like or even stick it into the bank.

W4RLR
03-04-2011, 04:18 PM
Yup. You can't buy a car for $63.47.

KA5PIU
03-05-2011, 03:02 AM
Hello.

The more I think about it, the more it sounds like a knock off of Pepto Bismol.

KA5PIU
03-05-2011, 10:59 AM
Hello.

Watched one auction and did the math.
nearly 900 people "bid" on a TV worth perhaps 300.
The average bid was $11.
Do the math.
Remember, only the winning bid gets the prize, everyone else gets nothing and pays their bids.

NA4BH
03-05-2011, 11:48 PM
Hello.

Watched one auction and did the math.
nearly 900 people "bid" on a TV worth perhaps 300.
The average bid was $11.
Do the math.
Remember, only the winning bid gets the prize, everyone else gets nothing and pays their bids.

You must be venting the exhaust from the APU into the cockpit. The bids go up by a penny each time, not by $$$. And I have never seen or heard of an auction that makes the losing bids pay what they bid. What planet are you calling from?

VE7DCW
03-06-2011, 12:44 AM
You must be venting the exhaust from the APU into the cockpit. The bids go up by a penny each time, not by $$$. And I have never seen or heard of an auction that makes the losing bids pay what they bid. What planet are you calling from?

Rudy probably is'nt calling from the "Planet of the Apes" ....... bidding is just plain bananas over there.... :spin:

KG4CGC
03-06-2011, 12:59 AM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/drinks/EuroTrip313.jpg

KA5PIU
03-06-2011, 01:18 AM

Hello.

Read the rules.
The highest wins.
But you buy your "bids", and the highest bidder wins, look it up.
Lose the auction? you also lose the money you paid for your bids.
And, yes, it goes up by pennies, and pennies, etc.
But, you can always register to win, gotta pay first, ;)

KA5PIU
03-06-2011, 01:22 AM
Hello.

Here is the link, look at the rules, average number of players, and most importantly, what happens to your bids if you do not win.
http://www.beezid.com/

NA4BH
03-06-2011, 06:24 PM
Hello.

Read the rules.
The highest wins.
But you buy your "bids", and the highest bidder wins, look it up.
Lose the auction? you also lose the money you paid for your bids.
And, yes, it goes up by pennies, and pennies, etc.
But, you can always register to win, gotta pay first, ;)

But Rudy you said that the bids were 11.00 each and the losers had to pay what they bid? Go back and look at what you wrote.

KA5PIU
03-06-2011, 08:15 PM
But Rudy you said that the bids were 11.00 each and the losers had to pay what they bid? Go back and look at what you wrote.

Hello.

The average winning bid was around $11, except there was only ONE winner.
You buy the bids, simple enough, except once you use your bids, they are gone.
That is correct, you pay a given amount, if you win or lose.
http://www.beezid.com/help
Think of it like roulette, everyone places bets, and one winner, and the house sucks away all of the "leftover" money.
Another thing I stay away from is "Barter".
The last time I had anything to do with barter, they will find you work, but you get barter credits.
Now, if that is not bad enough, they mail you a statement, and expect you to pay fees, not with barter credits, but cash.
And, if you are into one, the rest will follow, worse than a credit collection agency looking for a former employee.