PDA

View Full Version : It's The Last Day Of February

KG4CGC
02-28-2011, 02:34 AM
What you gonna do?
What are you going to do to remind yourself of this day. This will be the only February 28th you're going to get for 2011, then after that, The Ides of March.

W4RLR
02-28-2011, 02:47 AM
I'm going to sleep in. Doctor's orders.

KØWVM
02-28-2011, 03:13 AM
Another day of work for me... Ka chow...

VK3ZL
02-28-2011, 03:18 AM
Bloody Hell....I'm getting so old so fast I can't keep up...Wasn't it Christmas last week?

Let me tell you all something...After 70 the days pass in a flash...It doesn't seem that way day to day, but you suddenly wake up feeling months behind and can't figure where the weeks go...If time passes at this rate I will be 100 soon and won't have noticed....:omg: They will have me neatly laid out in a casket ready to plant me and I won't have even figured out that I am dead yet...:wtf:

Bob..VK3ZL..

KG4CGC
02-28-2011, 03:22 AM
Perhaps it will feel similar to October 14th 2010 except, from the other angle.

n2ize
02-28-2011, 06:06 AM
The only way to make time go slow is to spend each day doing something that is extremely boring. The more boring the slower the clock will tick. If you find something ultra boring to do you might even manage to stop time or even get the clock to run backwards.

KC9ECI
02-28-2011, 07:33 AM
Annual prostate exam today. I like the month of March. The snow melts and the muddy season begins. Gotta love the Ides! My favorite personal holiday is the Ides. St Patrick's day is always good for an attempt at alcohol poisoning as well. One of my sisters and one of my brothers also have birthdays in March.

N2CHX
02-28-2011, 07:36 AM
Going to work.

N8YX
02-28-2011, 07:49 AM
Annual prostate exam today.
In honor of this event, Tom, I present you with the following:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_7FAsUT6FePU/SUqCTMqc1wI/AAAAAAAAAaw/T6uQJS9WZFI/s400/goldfinger_out_airplane.png

Astute cinema buffs will immediately recognize the movie which the pic is taken from.

Natch. :rofl:

W3MIV
02-28-2011, 08:08 AM
Hello

February 28 holds special memory for me.
It was 1965 and I was behind the lines in a foreign country I can't name.
I was hiding in the woods after doing a very special job for an agency I can't name.
I was surrounded by men trying to capture me.
All I had was an old boy scout knife and a busted compass.
I can still hear the dogs barking and growling.
The compass needle would not point north, so I magnetized the blade of my scout knife.
I used the blade to guide me through the woods to where I left my Motorola ht.
It was hard to speak because i was breathing hard.
The dogs were getting closer. I could smell them.

ab1ga
02-28-2011, 08:38 AM
Hello

I was hiding in the woods after doing a very special job for an agency I can't name.
The compass needle would not point north, so I magnetized the blade of my scout knife.

Jeeesus Albi, stay right there while I get the flit gun, and whatever you do don't eat any tacos. You have the Cowthief Influenza!

Methinks Islands Customs and Immigration is sniffin' glue again, we've had one epidemic after another lately.

Okay, I've got the sprayer, Albi. Hold your nose, close your eyes, and think of England.

W1GUH
02-28-2011, 08:49 AM
Thirty days hath September
April, June, and November
When short February's done
All the rest eat peanut butter except Granny, who's 81 and steals hubcaps.

Nothin' in Feb. of note for me, except that the dreariness (except for those years I ski, which has been way too long) of Jan. and Feb. is over, and with any luck there'll be a few promises of Spring in March.

No, wait. I think I took my Novice test in late February.

WV6Z
02-28-2011, 09:50 AM
Annual prostate exam today. I like the month of March. The snow melts and the muddy season begins. Gotta love the Ides! My favorite personal holiday is the Ides. St Patrick's day is always good for an attempt at alcohol poisoning as well. One of my sisters and one of my brothers also have birthdays in March.

Heh heh.... heh heh heh...... he said prostate exam and muddy season all in the same post.

KC9ECI
02-28-2011, 10:05 AM
In honor of this event, Tom, I present you with the following:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_7FAsUT6FePU/SUqCTMqc1wI/AAAAAAAAAaw/T6uQJS9WZFI/s400/goldfinger_out_airplane.png

Astute cinema buffs will immediately recognize the movie which the pic is taken from.

Natch. :rofl:

Was that shaken or stirred?

Doc must have found out about all the chili and Famous Dave's BBQ I ate this weekend, he called in sick. Rescheduled for next week.

WA4TM
02-28-2011, 12:09 PM
I saw that too, I just couldn't come up with an appropriate comment..:mrgreen::-D:mrgreen::)

Heh heh.... heh heh heh...... he said prostate exam and muddy season all in the same post.

kb2crk
02-28-2011, 12:28 PM
just relaxing on my day off. reprogrammed the Maxtrac in the shack so i could get more local repeaters and listen to the weather alerts and the sheriff's dispatch.

KG4CGC
02-28-2011, 12:36 PM
The storms are fronting in like a lion.

X-Rated
02-28-2011, 12:49 PM
Eleven years ago, the day after today, at the company where I worked, we celebrated a co-worker's 13th birthday.

W3MIV
02-28-2011, 01:28 PM
Okay, I've got the sprayer, Albi. Hold your nose, close your eyes, and think of England.

This royal throne of kings, this scepter'd isle,
This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars,
This other Eden, demi-paradise,
This fortress built by Nature for herself
Against infection and the hand of war,
This happy breed of men, this little world,
This precious stone set in the silver sea,
Which serves it in the office of a wall,
Or as a moat defensive to a house,
Against the envy of less happier lands,
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
This nurse, this teeming womb of royal kings,
Fear'd by their breed and famous by their earth.

ab1ga
02-28-2011, 02:10 PM
This royal throne of kings, this scepter'd isle,
This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars,
This other Eden, demi-paradise,
This fortress built by Nature for herself
Against infection and the hand of war,
This happy breed of men, this little world,
This precious stone set in the silver sea,
Which serves it in the office of a wall,
Or as a moat defensive to a house,
Against the envy of less happier lands,
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
This nurse, this teeming womb of royal kings,
Fear'd by their breed and famous by their earth.

Excellent!

The Cowthief Flu (actually BPTE - Bovine Pilferous Transient Encephalitis) pathogen is a Mystery of Modern Microbiology - a hybrid of strains from both the Iberian peninsula and the Fertile Crescent. Given the history of Islam south of Tours, it's a miracle that the wee beastie doesn't self-destruct, and its hybrid vigor makes it very difficult to eradicate.

The preferred approach is to tempt the Mexican part of the germ to emerge, and then use an agent to destroy the Muslim part. I use a carefully balanced mixture of habanero extract and grain alcohol for cases such as yours. Hold still....

Now I'll place you on a highly restricted diet designed to discourage the return of the bug to your corpus. For the next week, you shall abstain from beef, poultry, mutton, and fish. You are to eat only roast loin of pork with spaetzle (don't spare the crackling), applesauce, and purple cabbage reduced with apple cider or red wine vinegar. You may partake from any alcoholic beverage both with and between meals with the exception of arrak and other potables containing aniseed or beers not in compliance with the Reinheitsgebot (for goodness' sake stay away from those Belgian fruit beers). Jaegermeister is your friend, whether you believe it or not.

This diet will no doubt make you seek out activity, i.e. you'll go crazy after three days. To work off excess energy I recommend climbing hills in Lederhosen, yodeling, and practicing the Schuplattler (try not to hurt yourself). Should you wind up in a hospital after such exertions, you may delight your roomates and the staff by learning to play the Zither.

Good Bye.

KG4CGC
02-28-2011, 02:15 PM
Excellent!

The Cowthief Flu (actually BPTE - Bovine Pilferous Transient Encephalitis) pathogen is a Mystery of Modern Microbiology - a hybrid of strains from both the Iberian peninsula and the Fertile Crescent. Given the history of Islam south of Tours, it's a miracle that the wee beastie doesn't self-destruct, and its hybrid vigor makes it very difficult to eradicate.

The preferred approach is to tempt the Mexican part of the germ to emerge, and then use an agent to destroy the Muslim part. I use a carefully balanced mixture of habanero extract and grain alcohol for cases such as yours. Hold still....

Now I'll place you on a highly restricted diet designed to discourage the return of the bug to your corpus. For the next week, you shall abstain from beef, poultry, mutton, and fish. You are to eat only roast loin of pork with spaetzle (don't spare the crackling), applesauce, and purple cabbage reduced with apple cider or red wine vinegar. You may partake from any alcoholic beverage both with and between meals with the exception of arrak and other potables containing aniseed or beers not in compliance with the Reinheitsgebot (for goodness' sake stay away from those Belgian fruit beers). Jaegermeister is your friend, whether you believe it or not.

This diet will no doubt make you seek out activity, i.e. you'll go crazy after three days. To work off excess energy I recommend climbing hills in Lederhosen, yodeling, and practicing the Schuplattler (try not to hurt yourself). Should you wind up in a hospital after such exertions, you may delight your roomates and the staff by learning to play the Zither.

Good Bye.
+1000 and one internets and a libation of your choice!

ab1ga
02-28-2011, 02:17 PM
+1000 and one internets and a libation of your choice!

Diet Sprite with a twist of jalapeno pepper. Over ice, dammit.

W3MIV
02-28-2011, 02:19 PM
Good Bye.

Seems to hold a worrisome bit of finality, that.

Red cabbage, apple sauce, pork loin (with fatty cracklins) and spaetzle are sure to promote a reaction, if not a cure.

Stand back! To hell with the Jaegermeister, get me its twin ------> Paregoric!

KG4CGC
02-28-2011, 02:21 PM
Diet Sprite with a twist of jalapeno pepper. Over ice, dammit.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/drinks/e8c674f8.jpg

kb2vxa
02-28-2011, 05:53 PM
"Should you wind up in a hospital after such exertions, you may delight your roommates and the staff by learning to play the Zither."

Then you'll have to get one from Europe, the last US shop to manufacture them located in Springfield, NJ closed about 30 years ago.

Paregoric, Albie? It'll wreck you alright and constipate you too but I'll take the Jaegermeister being it tastes a whole lot better than tincture of opium and I'll still be able to poo.

KG4CGC
02-28-2011, 06:35 PM
I headed outside about 3:30PM ahead of the thunderstorms. I took the dog over Saluda Damn and found a new places, new to me, that reminded me of those large grassy fields that many of us have run through as kids.
On the way back the winds started to kick up. You could see the layers of wind in the trees, the upper levels blowing the fastest. Just before I got home, random drops of rain starting hitting here and there. 5PM it started pretty good for a while and after the bigger gusts subsided, the rain started to smell just like the lake.

ab1ga
02-28-2011, 07:13 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/drinks/e8c674f8.jpg

That ain't Diet Sprite, that's ginger ale!
Sometimes the bartender hasn't got enough sense to come in out of the rain.

:-)

ab1ga
02-28-2011, 07:14 PM
Seems to hold a worrisome bit of finality, that.

Red cabbage, apple sauce, pork loin (with fatty cracklins) and spaetzle are sure to promote a reaction, if not a cure.

Hello.
Not finality, just courtesy.
Good Bye.

W3MIV
02-28-2011, 07:16 PM
Paregoric, Albie? It'll wreck you alright and constipate you too but I'll take the Jaegermeister being it tastes a whole lot better than tincture of opium and I'll still be able to poo.

After the red cabbage, apple sauce and pork loin with cracklins the worry will not be constipation, I assure you.

ab1ga
02-28-2011, 07:29 PM

Okay, in the heat of typing I forgot that Jaegermeister has aniseed in it, so I have to let Paregoric slide...
Did you choose Paregoric because of its physical effects or as a commentary upon my writing style? :-)

W3MIV
02-28-2011, 07:41 PM
Paregoric is the first thing I think of when someone mentions Jaegermeister. Never could stand the taste of that stuff. We used to favor Bailoni apricot brandy.

KG4CGC
02-28-2011, 09:13 PM
That ain't Diet Sprite, that's ginger ale!
Sometimes the bartender hasn't got enough sense to come in out of the rain.

:-)Bro, bro, that's the lighting.

NA4BH
02-28-2011, 09:17 PM
Bro, bro, that's the lighting.

They always blame the lighting. Geeze. Tooti Green, ring a bell? :lol:

VE7DCW
02-28-2011, 09:31 PM
Last day of February and it snowed a little today....... but most of what was on the ground melted away... saw a good sized robin today,so I know spring is going to be early!! :yes:

KG4CGC
02-28-2011, 09:35 PM
Signs of early Spring everywhere. Yesterday I was noticing the holes in the ground from the ground larvae erupting into adult beetles. Last year the big shiny green ones were abundant as well as little black ones that piled up every morning from mid July on, dead in corners near where the light would shine all night, like the entrance to a store or your own front door if you had outdoor walls near light sources.

KG4CGC
02-28-2011, 09:44 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/drinks/58d2093d.jpg

ab1ga
02-28-2011, 10:27 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/drinks/58d2093d.jpg

(slurp...) Much better, thank you. (burp)

NA4BH
02-28-2011, 10:28 PM
(slurp...) Much better, thank you. (burp)

That's what she said

ab1ga
02-28-2011, 10:37 PM
That's what she said

Hell, now I'm going to have to stay awake a bit longer so that's not the last idea I take to bed tonight. Nightmares, nightmares I say. A suppurating pox upon thee, slime-spawn and anti-Karol.

NA4BH
02-28-2011, 10:47 PM
Hell, now I'm going to have to stay awake a bit longer so that's not the last idea I take to bed tonight. Nightmares, nightmares I say. A suppurating pox upon thee, slime-spawn and anti-Karol.

OK, here you go. I had a dream the other night, this one has stuck with me for several days.

Wait for it............................

The dream was to make bread. Strange? Yes. The bread is to be called "CHAOS BREAD". The recipes were in the dream also. That is some weird shist.

ki4itv
02-28-2011, 10:59 PM
Aloha.

Island intelligence has reported, through an unnamed fast food corporate insider, that this thread has all the characteristics of Forum Win!

W3MIV
03-01-2011, 06:45 AM
It's over.

WA4TM
03-01-2011, 10:19 AM
It's over.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

:lol:

NQ6U
03-01-2011, 12:15 PM
It's over.

So, should Charles now start a thread entitled "It's The First Day of March?"

WA4TM
03-01-2011, 03:05 PM
Why not?

So, should Charles now start a thread entitled "It's The First Day of March?"

kd8dey
03-01-2011, 03:40 PM

The Bob and Tom show has an annual event show in "Proctober"
I have a feeling that Chick McGee looks forward to the event.

W3WN
03-01-2011, 03:57 PM
So, should Charles now start a thread entitled "It's The First Day of March?"I always preferred the second week of Deer Camp (http://www.stlyrics.com/songs/y/yoopersda5389/dasecondweekofdeercamp224120.html).

KA5PIU
03-01-2011, 05:43 PM
Hello

Hello.

Tried 147.135, tone 156.7, heard a machine but no answer.
Cranked in the address, came back with parcel 02303213, drone was at 7200 feet so got good video.
Noticed a guy with a crappy car hauling down to the end of the road and back, if you can call it fast, did a peel out at the end, ran the stop sign if there is on at Church Lane Drive.
Somebody on an ATV heading out the wooded area on the end of the road where the car did the wheelies.
Nothing else to report.

kd8dey
03-01-2011, 06:22 PM
Hello.

Tried 147.135, tone 156.7, heard a machine but no answer.
Cranked in the address, came back with parcel 02303213, drone was at 7200 feet so got good video.
Noticed a guy with a crappy car hauling down to the end of the road and back, if you can call it fast, did a peel out at the end, ran the stop sign if there is on at Church Lane Drive.
Somebody on an ATV heading out the wooded area on the end of the road where the car did the wheelies.
Nothing else to report.

There's a repeater around here on 147.135 (no PL) WB8SMC that belongs to the Far Out Amateur Radio Club. http://www.foarc.com

I was a member for a while before I lost my job.

VE7DCW
03-01-2011, 11:30 PM
Oh joy ....It's now the 1st of March and a massive Pacific storm is going to nail us to the wall tonight...... some parts of Vancouver Island will have sustained winds of 70 to 90 kilometers an hour with possible gusts to 140 to 160 kilometers an hour .....i've never seen that estimate of wind speed ever posted by the weather office here!!!

...... we can hijack this thread and start the climate change thing again.... :mrgreen:

:hijack:

KA5PIU
03-02-2011, 12:04 AM
There's a repeater around here on 147.135 (no PL) WB8SMC that belongs to the Far Out Amateur Radio Club. http://www.foarc.com

I was a member for a while before I lost my job.

Hello.

You lost your job?
What do you like to do?
Me? I am nuts, nothing new, but I hold a CDL so it is pretty much a given that I can get a job, but, like the commercial, Wait! theres more!
I can, but only when I want to, speak Arabic.
Spanish is not out of the question.
Failing all of that, I hold both a Mexican drivers license as well as pilots license.
Both the US as well as Mexico says I can carry a gun!
What I am good at is getting pretty much anything anywhere, land, sea or air.

KG4CGC
03-02-2011, 12:35 AM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/001/cf444a1c.jpg