PDA

View Full Version : I'm back, did anyone notice I was gone?

W4RLR
02-25-2011, 07:47 PM
Last Tuesday, I went for a routine follow-up exam with my general physician. What I thought would be a one hour exam turned into a four day hospital stay. The doc suspected arterial blockage, so I had a heart catheterization done, along with a bunch of other tests.

The good news is that there was no blockage found. The bad news is I have a shaved hoo-hoo and I will be mildly radioactive for a few more days. I have a few days of bed rest that I will enjoy and then back to the salt mine.

It seems every time I go to the doctor, she wants to put me in the hospital...

ab1ga
02-25-2011, 07:54 PM
Works that way with me, too. I tried calling a doctor about what I thought were side effects of a medication, but he was out until the following day so his assistant told me to go to the emergency room and get looked at.

It took me six days to break out of there, and what I went through made me think I had been abducted by aliens. Yep, gettin' old.

NA4BH
02-25-2011, 07:57 PM
And it's people like you (your doctor) that keep me employed. THANKS !!!!!!!!

ka8ncr
02-25-2011, 07:57 PM
So now would be a bad time for you to visit the TSA?

Not sure I needed to know that your hoo-hoo is sporting the same style as your noggin', but I do like to hear that you'll continue to be here with us.

WA4TM
02-25-2011, 08:20 PM
Last Tuesday, I went for a routine follow-up exam with my general physician. What I thought would be a one hour exam turned into a four day hospital stay. The doc suspected arterial blockage, so I had a heart catheterization done, along with a bunch of other tests.

The good news is that there was no blockage found. The bad news is I have a shaved hoo-hoo and I will be mildly radioactive for a few more days. I have a few days of bed rest that I will enjoy and then back to the salt mine.

I would have thought you would have figured out that's how they make extra money!!!

BTW Glad all is OK....

kd8dey
02-25-2011, 09:24 PM
I've heard that women like em shaved.
But look on the bright side, Now you can tell the XYL that your sporting an "Atomic Chubby".

X-Rated
02-25-2011, 09:26 PM

Uh help me out here. Who are you again?

N2NH
02-26-2011, 01:28 AM
Richard? You were gone? Then someone was impersonating you here... I thought they sounded too Liberal.

kc7jty
02-26-2011, 02:20 AM
Uh help me out here. Who are you again?
Jesus!

w2amr
02-26-2011, 04:16 AM

It seems every time I go to the doctor, she wants to put me in the hospital...Glad to hear you are on the mend Richard. Those routine exams and tests can be a real PITA but can also save your life. :agree:

N2NH
02-26-2011, 04:34 AM
Good to hear things turned out fine. Better safe than sorry.

PA5COR
02-26-2011, 04:46 AM
Brrrr, good to see you back, most important is there was no problem...
Take care Richard, enjoy the few off days.

;)

rot
02-26-2011, 06:29 AM
your hoo-hoo is sporting the same style as your noggin
I'm thinking bumpersticker here...........:rofl:
Glad you're doing well...
rot

N2CHX
02-26-2011, 06:34 AM
Good to have you back. For goodness sake take care of yourself!

N8YX
02-26-2011, 07:43 AM
But look on the bright side, Now you can tell the XYL that your sporting an "Atomic Chubby".
"Atomic Chubby"...what a great replacement for one's Island nickname ... :snicker: :rofl:

ka8ncr
02-26-2011, 08:30 AM
"Atomic Chubby"...what a great replacement for one's Island nickname ... :snicker: :rofl:

Upvote! Master Navigator = Atomic Chubby

X-Rated
02-26-2011, 07:42 PM
Jesus!

The last I knew, Richard was looming up the RV to go on a trip.

KG4CGC
02-26-2011, 09:34 PM
What?
Wait uh, what?

W4RLR
02-26-2011, 09:38 PM
Looming up the RV or adding wiring for accessories like backup lights and a rear camera. It can wait, and will have to. I still feel like I've been kicked in the chest and the nads by an angry mule.

NA4BH
02-26-2011, 09:41 PM
Looming up the RV or adding wiring for accessories like backup lights and a rear camera. It can wait, and will have to. I still feel like I've been kicked in the chest and the nads by an angry mule.

Spray paint an "X" on their rear, it shows which ones kick. :whistle:

KG4CGC
02-26-2011, 09:44 PM
True story.

WA4TM
02-26-2011, 10:35 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: