PDA

View Full Version : Update on W6WBJ enforcement case status (skip if you're not interested)

W6WBJ
02-23-2011, 12:25 PM
I feel I am defending myself fairly well in my enforcement case. It has become clear that the Enforcement Bureau has absolutely nothing going for it; no hearing date has been set; several of my outstanding motions remain undecided, and a hearing date can't be set until they are decided. If my motion is denied, then I have the right to an interlocutory appeal to the Commission and the courts before the hearing date is set. Obviously the case won't be set for a hearing for a long time, if ever. I think even Bureau Counsel knows how lousy her case is.

I intend to stay on the air forever.

Thanks for reading!

N8YX
02-23-2011, 12:37 PM
You'd think that if the FCC did in fact have a "slam-dunk" case, they would have slam-dunked by now...

NQ6U
02-23-2011, 01:05 PM
From what I've read, I truly hope you do not prevail--you do not deserve to hold an amateur radio license. And the fact that it's taking the FCC a long time has no significance--they are woefully understaffed and have bigger fish to fry.

W6WBJ
02-23-2011, 01:13 PM
KJ6BSO, on what facts do you make your allegations? Of course no evidence has been taken in the case, so you are relying on hearsay? Rumor? Innuendo? You know very well what a bunch of prevaricating gossips hams are.

Come on, 'BSO, tell me why you think I don't deserve to have a license. Of course it has to be based on actual Part 97 violations because, fortunately, we don't have to abide by any whimsical or capricious definitions of who deserves to hold a license.

KC2UGV
02-23-2011, 01:16 PM
KJ6BSO, on what facts do you make your allegations? Of course no evidence has been taken in the case, so you are relying on hearsay? Rumor? Innuendo? You know very well what a bunch of prevaricating gossips hams are.

Come on, 'BSO, tell me why you think I don't deserve to have a license. Of course it has to be based on actual Part 97 violations because, fortunately, we don't have to abide by any whimsical or capricious definitions of who deserves to hold a license.

Possibly because you willfully interfere on the air?

If you have any part in the 14.275 fiasco, I hope your license is cancelled, and your station equipment seized.

You are part of the reason that 6 KHz of 20 meters is unusable.

NQ6U
02-23-2011, 01:20 PM
Actually, I don't know hams to be a bunch of prevaricating gossips at all, at least not when it comes to willful interference issues. You have abused your license privileges and deserve to have them removed. I refuse to engage with you on this matter any further because that will only suit your purpose.

http://www.ve7kfm.com/WBJ016.pdf

W3WN
02-23-2011, 02:16 PM

The allegations are that on more than one occasion, you have transmitted music, and/or that you have caused willful interference.

Granted, that under the law you are innocent until proven guilty. And under the law, until you are convicted in a court of law (in this case, an FCC administrative judge if I understand the rules correctly), these allegations may not neccesarily be considered as proven.

As I have not personally heard any of the alleged events, I have no personal knowledge of whether or not you have actually performed any of the misdeeds that the FCC has alleged that you have done.

But with that foundation as background for this statement, with all due respect and with malice towards none:

If you are found guilty, and that verdict holds up after appeal... then your license may be forfeit. Or there may be fines or other administrative sanctions.

Further... I personally find deliberate interference to be a very malicious act, as it affects not only those directly being interferred with, but anyone on adjacent frequencies or who happens to also be on the jammed frequency in question. Again, with the caveat that I don't personally know if YOU have actually done that, and I am not saying that... as serious as I take the allegation, it is not yet proven or disproven... my personal opinion is that ANYONE who is found guilty of a deliberate pattern of multiple acts of interference deserves to lose their license for good, spend time in jail, and pay a heavy fine.

Fair enough?

W6WBJ
02-23-2011, 06:09 PM
Nope, sorry, but I'm afraid you folks are terribly misinformed. I've never played music on the air, I never talk on 20 meters and I've never spoken to Karol Madera. The Enforcement Bureau produced all the recordings in their possession which they claim to be relying upon, and they show me doing nothing illegal. In fact, in most of the recordings I am the best operator on the frequency, a veritable oasis of A-1 Operation in a desert of poor operating practices.

You guys really need to get your facts straight.

N9FE
02-23-2011, 06:26 PM
Fact is this moron was caught red handed the the fcc right outside his house. Let him cry and whine.. Bye Bye Boo Boo

N2CHX
02-23-2011, 06:41 PM
Nope, sorry, but I'm afraid you folks are terribly misinformed. I've never played music on the air, I never talk on 20 meters and I've never spoken to Karol Madera. The Enforcement Bureau produced all the recordings in their possession which they claim to be relying upon, and they show me doing nothing illegal. In fact, in most of the recordings I am the best operator on the frequency, a veritable oasis of A-1 Operation in a desert of poor operating practices.

Do you/have you operated on 14.275?

WV6Z
02-23-2011, 06:48 PM
Proof there is a stupid bastard born every minute........

......... better yet that he actually stops by here to post updates under the false assumption that we give a damn about his plight.

W6WBJ....... FOAD

WA4TM
02-23-2011, 07:04 PM
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

......... better yet that he actually stops by here to post updates under the false assumption that we give a damn about his plight.

W6WBJ....... FOAD

KA5PIU
02-23-2011, 07:06 PM
Hello.

First off, just talking to Karol Madera is not that big a deal, I have done it, gave up, the guy is nuts.
Second, playing music, in and of itself is not wrong, it is the intent.
In my case we were using radios to keep in sync while playing taps at a funeral.
I have retransmitted the National Anthem, with a while lot more power than is authorized under part 97.
In fact, I can put out a 10Kw+ plus CARRIER from the workplace.
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&newwindow=1&safe=off&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUS275&q=2200+andrews+ave+san+antonio&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=2200+Andrews+Ave,+San+Antonio,+TX+78236&gl=us&ei=mptlTZ-cJMqs8Abp98n0Bg&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBMQ8gEwAA
Guess where this is?
http://www.salatomatic.com/d/San-Antonio+14383+Lackland-AFB-Masjid
I am not one to upset anyone though, unless you tend to freak while someone speaks Arabic.
This led to jamming, and people later getting on military frequencies.
At that point the FCC got involved, and parked near your house.
http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/licenseAdminSum.jsp?licKey=2801726
The feds parked right by the 3 mailboxes and Walked to your address.
Rule number ONE, if you are going to get stupid, keep it in the ham bands!
The FCC is going to deal with the ham band crap, one way or another.
The rest? do it again and you will wish you never heard of the NTIA.
Karol Madera is a nut, but even he knows to keep this chit in the ham bands, a lesson you will soon learn.

WA4TM
02-23-2011, 07:06 PM
I was wondering just why he thought anyone here would give a shit!!!!!

N8GAV
02-23-2011, 07:18 PM
Oh God not this clown again. Hey Billy the jammer, NO ONE FING CARES. Any lawyer that defends him shelf, then they are defending a fool. they have you dead to rights or they would not have taken the time to bring it to the ALJ.

kd8dey
02-23-2011, 07:18 PM
I was wondering just why he thought anyone here would give a shit!!!!!

A misfit among misfits ?

KC9ECI
02-23-2011, 07:28 PM
http://www.ve7kfm.com/WBJ016.pdf

There's a call I haven't seen in a while. Is K6UEY, Orv even still alive?

WŘTKX
02-23-2011, 07:45 PM
Ask Art Bell and the "Elite Hams". Or "Evvy's" ghost.

Narcissist is narcissistic. Hurray for you. :hand:

KG4CGC
02-23-2011, 07:47 PM

KC2UGV
02-23-2011, 07:49 PM

Yes, I'm sure you are one of the extreme few FCC enforcement actions that is ongoing, for no reason other than a vast conspiracy to spoil your good name.

VE7DCW
02-23-2011, 09:13 PM

Wow!! ....you seem to sound just like Baxter...... "I'm untouchable ......The FCC is persecuting me ..... I'm going to show them who they're messing with...." yeah yeah. Just give the FCC a little more time....... they know what they're doing...... rumour?? innuendo?? pretty sure it's not the case here... :boohoo:

W3WN
02-23-2011, 09:27 PM
Oh God not this clown again. Hey Billy the jammer, NO ONE FING CARES. Any lawyer that defends him shelf, then they are defending a fool. they have you dead to rights or they would not have taken the time to bring it to the ALJ.
Now now. Even the incredibly guilty deserve a legal defense.

Nobody's saying they don't deserve to win, mind you. Besides, even a lawyer has to eat... once a week...

W3WN
02-23-2011, 09:31 PM
Hello.

First off, just talking to Karol Madera is not that big a deal, I have done it, gave up, the guy is nuts.
Second, playing music, in and of itself is not wrong, it is the intent.
In my case we were using radios to keep in sync while playing taps at a funeral.
I have retransmitted the National Anthem, with a while lot more power than is authorized under part 97.
In fact, I can put out a 10Kw+ plus CARRIER from the workplace.
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&newwindow=1&safe=off&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUS275&q=2200+andrews+ave+san+antonio&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=2200+Andrews+Ave,+San+Antonio,+TX+78236&gl=us&ei=mptlTZ-cJMqs8Abp98n0Bg&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBMQ8gEwAA
Guess where this is?
http://www.salatomatic.com/d/San-Antonio+14383+Lackland-AFB-Masjid
I am not one to upset anyone though, unless you tend to freak while someone speaks Arabic.
This led to jamming, and people later getting on military frequencies.
At that point the FCC got involved, and parked near your house.
http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/licenseAdminSum.jsp?licKey=2801726
The feds parked right by the 3 mailboxes and Walked to your address.
Rule number ONE, if you are going to get stupid, keep it in the ham bands!
The FCC is going to deal with the ham band crap, one way or another.
The rest? do it again and you will wish you never heard of the NTIA.
Karol Madera is a nut, but even he knows to keep this chit in the ham bands, a lesson you will soon learn.
Ah, Rudy? I hate to break it to you, ku goniff, but transmitting music in the amateur bands under the auspices of your amateur license is an FCC violation, regardless of intent. And that is the point of this little exercise.

NQ6U
02-23-2011, 10:01 PM
Ah, Rudy? I hate to break it to you, ku goniff, but transmitting music in the amateur bands under the auspices of your amateur license is an FCC violation, regardless of intent. And that is the point of this little exercise.

RR that. You're not even supposed to allow incidental music on the air unless it comes from a U.S. manned space craft using government frequencies:

§ 97.113 Prohibited transmissions.
(a) No amateur station shall transmit:
(1) Communications specifically prohibited elsewhere in this part;
(2) Communications for hire or for material compensation, direct or indirect, paid or promised, except as otherwise provided in these rules;
(3) Communications in which the station licensee or control operator has a pecuniary interest, including communications on behalf of an employer. Amateur operators may, however, notify other amateur operators of the availability for sale or trade of apparatus normally used in an amateur station, provided that such activity is not conducted on a regular basis;
(4) Music using a phone emission except as specifically provided elsewhere in this section;

Here's the "specifically provided elsewhere" part:

(e) No station shall retransmit programs or signals emanating from any type of radio station other than an amateur station, except propagation and weather forecast information in- tended for use by the general public and originated from United States Government stations, and communications, including incidental music, originating on United States Government frequencies between a manned spacecraft and its associated Earth stations.

NQ6U
02-23-2011, 10:01 PM
Oops, accidental dupe. Sorry.

W6WBJ
02-23-2011, 10:17 PM
Don't worry, I'll continue to protect your free speech rights, and prevent arbitrary and capricious enforcement of Part 97 by the Enforcement Bureau, even though you're too dumb to realize how I'm helping you.

NA4BH
02-23-2011, 10:25 PM
http://atbmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/images/smokey-and-the-bandit.jpg

W3WN
02-23-2011, 11:03 PM
Don't worry, I'll continue to protect your free speech rights, and prevent arbitrary and capricious enforcement of Part 97 by the Enforcement Bureau, even though you're too dumb to realize how I'm helping you.
Sure. Tell you what... don't do us any favors.

X-Rated
02-23-2011, 11:32 PM

W6WBJ....... FOAD

Have him start bunking with my old neighbor KC9AWD?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/14/honeybee-killer-likely-ki_n_796399.html

KC9ECI
02-23-2011, 11:48 PM
Have him start bunking with my old neighbor KC9AWD?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/14/honeybee-killer-likely-ki_n_796399.html

I have to look around for it, but I have a photo of a guy that used to be on the FD with me years ago that looks like he could be that guys twin brother.

X-Rated
02-23-2011, 11:50 PM
He's a ham radio operator Tom. they all look alike.

WX7P
02-24-2011, 01:00 AM
There's a call I haven't seen in a while. Is K6UEY, Orv even still alive?

Next time I'm home, I'll drive by his house. He lives about 2 miles from me.

KA9MOT
02-24-2011, 03:06 AM
See this is what happened when the dropped "The" Code and dumbed down the tests! :lol:

W6WBJ
02-24-2011, 08:32 AM
"Sure. Tell you what... don't do us any favors."

But 'WN, you're too dumb to realize when somebody is doing you a favor, so I have to educate you by pointing it out.

Has anybody told you guys recently that you're really a bunch of uneducated dummies?

If any of you are of reasonable intelligence (doubtful) and would like to see a couple of examples of how I am totally dominating the Enforcement Bureau and kicking its derričre, please check out these filings:

http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/ecfs/document/view?id=7020921648

http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/ecfs/document/view?id=7020921647

To read it is to love it!

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. What a bunch of idiots are on here.

N2CHX
02-24-2011, 08:34 AM
Has anybody told you guys recently that you're really a bunch of uneducated dummies?

Speak for yourself.

N2CHX
02-24-2011, 08:35 AM
What's brown and black and looks fabulous on a lawyer?

Diarrhea.

KC2UGV
02-24-2011, 08:57 AM
RR that. You're not even supposed to allow incidental music on the air unless it comes from a U.S. manned space craft using government frequencies:

Here's the "specifically provided elsewhere" part:

I just learned today how that "unless from and US manned spacecraft" part came from. A space shuttle flight played some music over the air on a mission, and when that occurred, that stipulation got added :) You learn all kinds of shit on NPR :)

You don't have free speech over the airwaves. I hate to break that to you. There are, in fact, a whole lot of restrictions on what one can and can not do over the public airwaves.

"Sure. Tell you what... don't do us any favors."

But 'WN, you're too dumb to realize when somebody is doing you a favor, so I have to educate you by pointing it out.

In case you failed to realize, he was one of the only people here defending you... A wise guy once mentioned to me something about "burning bridges" and all that nonsense...

Something tells me you are entirely unfamiliar with some of the posters here...

If any of you are of reasonable intelligence (doubtful) and would like to see a couple of examples of how I am totally dominating the Enforcement Bureau and kicking its derričre, please check out these filings:

http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/ecfs/document/view?id=7020921648

I love this excerpt:
"Furthermore, the complaining stations had been talking
to each other for long periods of time every day and had nothing new or important to say to each
other anyway. They simply wanted to run me of f the frequency and assign it to themselves
exclusively."

So, you are now the judge and jury of what QSO's are valid, and which are not. I love that.

"Manifestly the amateur service is not "uniquely accessible" to children. In fact,
youngsters think ham radio is extremely uncool, nerdy and geeky and in general they want
nothing to do with the hobby."

I'll make sure I tell my son that... As well as the other students interested in starting a ham radio club at the school...

http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/ecfs/document/view?id=7020921647

To read it is to love it!

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. What a bunch of idiots are on here.

Beating a slow-moving, underfunded government agency hardly gets a person entrance to the "genius" category, mon frčre. But, carry on as you wish.

N2CHX
02-24-2011, 09:01 AM
In case you failed to realize, he was one of the only people here defending you... A wise guy once mentioned to me something about "burning bridges" and all that nonsense...

Heh, and I was neutral until I got more information. Then I got all the information I needed from his own posts here.

X-Rated
02-24-2011, 09:10 AM
"Manifestly the amateur service is not "uniquely accessible" to children. In fact,
youngsters think ham radio is extremely uncool, nerdy and geeky and in general they want
nothing to do with the hobby."
... mon frčre. But, carry on as you wish.
I saw that part as well.

1. Hardly an argument.
2. Sounds like a death wish for the Part 97.

W6WBJ
02-24-2011, 09:15 AM
"You don't have free speech over the airwaves."

Where do you get this crap, 'UGV? Absolutely not true. You need to stop listening to what all the other dumb hams tell you. They just don't know what they're talking about. Learn to think for yourself!

It is the law that ham radio is not child-friendly. Judge Sippel so held in the Titus case. Don't jump on me for simply pointing out what the FCC Administrative Law Judge has officially ruled.

N2CHX
02-24-2011, 09:16 AM
I'm liking the lawyer jokes. If he thinks we're stupid might as well live up to his fantasy. This thread is just pure lulz anyway.

What else is brown and black and looks great on a lawyer?

A doberman.

N2CHX
02-24-2011, 09:18 AM

Where do you get this crap, 'UGV? Absolutely not true. You need to stop listening to what all the other dumb hams tell you. They just don't know what they're talking about. Learn to think for yourself!

that ham radio is not child-friendly. Judge Sippel so held in the Titus case. Don't jump on me for simply pointing out what the FCC Administrative Law Judge has officially ruled.

Tell someone who worked in broadcasting for 20+ years how "free" speech is on the air. Oh wait, you just did. And you're wrong.

WV6Z
02-24-2011, 09:20 AM
What's brown and black and looks fabulous on a lawyer?

Diarrhea.

Have I told you lately that I love you? ;)

KC2UGV
02-24-2011, 09:22 AM

that ham radio is not child-friendly. Judge Sippel so held in the Titus case. Don't jump on me for simply pointing out what the FCC Administrative Law Judge has officially ruled.

Oh, that's easy. Just count the number of restrictions you have on what you can and can not do over Part 97 airwaves in Part 97 itself:

* No communications for pecuniary interests
* No third-party comms with countries we don't have a third party agreement
* No malicious interference
* No music
* No encryption
* No obscenity
* et al

There's tons of restrictions in there. And, the trump all: You have your license by the blessing of the FCC. You do not have a right to that license, and the FCC really can revoke your license (Or, leave your license intact, and remove your authorization) at will, like what was done during WWII.

And, Judge Sipel ruled that it is not INHERENTLY is not child-friendly, but did not rule on whether it is actually child-friendly or not.

W3WN
02-24-2011, 09:23 AM
I'm liking the lawyer jokes. If he thinks we're stupid might as well live up to his fantasy. This thread is just pure lulz anyway.

What else is brown and black and looks great on a lawyer?

A doberman.Aw, c'mon Kell. You can do better than that!

Please! I need some new lawyer jokes to share with K3AIR at the hamfest on Sunday.

WV6Z
02-24-2011, 09:27 AM
Why to lawyers wear neckties? To keep the foreskin from crawling up their chins.

WV6Z
02-24-2011, 09:28 AM
What do lawyers and sperm have in common? One in 3,000,000 has a chance of becoming a human being.

WV6Z
02-24-2011, 09:30 AM
A lawyer boarded an airplane in New Orleans with a box of frozen crabs and asked a blonde stewardess to take care of them for him.

She took the box and promised to put it in the crew's refrigerator. He advised her that he was holding her personally responsible for them staying frozen, mentioning in a very haughty manner that he was a lawyer, and proceeded to rant at her about what would happen if she let them thaw out.

Needless to say, she was annoyed by his behavior. Shortly before landing in New York, she used the intercom to announce to the entire cabin, "Would the lawyer who gave me the crabs in New Orleans, please raise your hand."

Not one hand went up . . . . so she took them home and ate them.

W6WBJ
02-24-2011, 09:31 AM
'KKM, so you're arguing that the same free-speech rights apply to hams as to broadcasters? God, you're dumb! Try reading the case of Red Lion Broadcasting v. FCC, the leading U.S. Supreme Court case on the subject. You will note that the free-speech restrictions discussed therein were strictly limited to broadcasters. And in case you forgot or never learned it, hams don't broadcast. The only reason the Commission has the right to regulate the speech rights of broadcasters is because they receive a valuable monopoly franchise with their license grant. Ham radio, on the other hand, is by definition non-remunerative. Oh, I guess you forgot, or never learned, that either.

'UGV, you're so dumb that you don't even realize the difference between restrictions on speech and restrictions on conduct. All of the Part 97 regulations that you cited are restrictions on conduct, not speech.

These are just some of the reasons why the Enforcement Bureau is clearly afraid to take my case to a hearing.

N8YX
02-24-2011, 09:33 AM
Unlike most here, I find the legal aspects of such cases fascinating...if for nothing else to gain insight into the FCC's mindset when it comes to prosecution of accused offenders. Also noteworthy is the amount of time spent on the discovery and prosecution phases - are they really being methodical and deliberate, or are they merely bumbling along and hoping to cower the accused into some form of "submission"?

WV6Z
02-24-2011, 09:36 AM
A lawyer went duck hunting for the first time in Texas. He shot and dropped a bird, but it fell into a farmer's field on the other side of the fence. As the lawyer climbed over the fence, an elderly farmer drove up on his tractor and asked him what he was doing.
The litigator responded, "I shot a duck, it fell into this field, and now I'm going to retrieve it."
The old farmer replied, "This is my property and you are not coming over here."
The indignant lawyer said, "I am one of the best trial attorneys in the U.S. and if you don't let me get that duck, I'll sue you and take everything you own."
The old farmer smiled and said, "Apparently, you don't know how we do things in Texas. We settle small disagreements like this with the Texas Three-Kick Rule."
The lawyer asked, "What is the Texas Three-Kick Rule?"
The Farmer replied, "Well, first I kick you three times and then you kick me three times, and so on, back and forth, until someone gives up." The attorney quickly thought about the proposed contest and decided that he could easily take the old codger. He agreed to abide by the local custom.
The old farmer slowly climbed down from the tractor and walked up to the city feller. His first kick planted the toe of his heavy work boot into the lawyer's groin and dropped him to his knees. His second kick nearly wiped the man's nose off his face. The barrister was flat on his belly when the farmer's third kick to a kidney nearly caused him to give up.
The lawyer summoned every bit of his will and managed to get to his feet and said, "Okay, you old coot! Now, it's my turn!"
The old farmer smiled and said, "No, I give up. You can have the duck."

KC2UGV
02-24-2011, 09:36 AM
'KKM, so you're arguing that the same free-speech rights apply to hams as to broadcasters? God, you're dumb! Try reading the case of Red Lion Broadcasting v. FCC, the leading U.S. Supreme Court case on the subject. You will note that the free-speech restrictions discussed therein were strictly limited to broadcasters. And in case you forgot or never learned it, hams don't broadcast. The only reason the Commission has the right to regulate the speech rights of broadcasters is because they receive a valuable monopoly franchise with their license grant. Ham radio, on the other hand, is by definition non-remunerative. Oh, I guess you forgot, or never learned, that either.

'UGV, you're so dumb that you don't even realize the difference between restrictions on speech and restrictions on conduct. All of the Part 97 regulations that you cited are restrictions on conduct, not speech.

These are just some of the reasons why the Enforcement Bureau is clearly afraid to take my case to a hearing.

And, so the saga continues. I'm hopeful, that in the end, your license is revoked, and your station confiscated.

KJ3N
02-24-2011, 10:17 AM
And in case you forgot or never learned it, hams don't broadcast.

You might want to tell K1MAN. :roll:

Another one for the ignore list. :troll:

suddenseer
02-24-2011, 12:00 PM
I predict no license renewal. Wait a year, take the desired VEC test, start all over. Just like Herbie.All of his republican contacts were of no help in the end. I have a feeling the OP does not have any friends that can help.

N2CHX
02-24-2011, 12:09 PM

Gee Wank'n BJ, who's the one getting nailed by the FCC here? Me? Nope, and I've been licensed since 1984. Seems like the only dumb one who doesn't know the rules would be..... YOU! No one else on this forum has received a NAL that I know of. Just you.

ETA: "Hams don't broadcast..." Well DUH, big guy. That's because there are RULES against hams using the ham bands to broadcast. Part of that restriction on free speech you say doesn't exist. Who's the dumb one here? Pretty pathetic when a girl who sells phones for a living has to explain what free speech is to an attorney.

X-Rated
02-24-2011, 12:25 PM
Gee Wank'n BJ, ...

Lawls. Excellent.

KC2UGV
02-24-2011, 12:35 PM
Any more good lawyer jokes?

Here's my sad attempt:

So, there's an airliner that crashes into the ocean with 150 lawyers on board coming back from a trip in the Bahamas. Wanna hear the bad news?

50 more lawyers missed that flight.

http://ampontan.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/rimshot.gif

W3WN
02-24-2011, 02:54 PM
I predict no license renewal. Wait a year, take the desired VEC test, start all over. Just like Herbie.All of his republican contacts were of no help in the end. I have a feeling the OP does not have any friends that can help.
IIRC, Herbie's specific transgression -- the one that explicitly cost him his ticket -- regarded improper ex parte contact with the administrative law judge. His punishment, once exacted, was loss of license and a ban from getting a new one for one full year. That said, he was not prohibited from retaking the test once the ban was up.

Yes, I know about some of the things he was accused of... and the obvious parallels to other situations. I have no direct, first-hand knowledge, and I know well-respected hams who were on, shall we say, both sides of the issue. So I can't say if he was or was not guilty of the accusations (I have a firm opinion on that, but that's not germane to my point). Regardless... that wasn't what he got nailed on. The technicality of whom he improperly contacted was. And while the punishment did not fit the original accusation, it was considered appropriate for what they DID get him on.

That was then.

Today, some of the rules are different. And the "character" clauses that didn't exist then do now. So there are many other factors to consider. I suspect that today, were a similar situation to arise, a scofflaw would not get off that easily.

Even so... if they have a solid, unshakeable case on a technicality, is it any wonder that they press on that? Even a small conviction is a conviction...

n2ize
02-24-2011, 03:46 PM
I feel I am defending myself fairly well in my enforcement case. It has become clear that the Enforcement Bureau has absolutely nothing going for it; no hearing date has been set; several of my outstanding motions remain undecided, and a hearing date can't be set until they are decided. If my motion is denied, then I have the right to an interlocutory appeal to the Commission and the courts before the hearing date is set. Obviously the case won't be set for a hearing for a long time, if ever. I think even Bureau Counsel knows how lousy her case is.

I intend to stay on the air forever.
Thanks for reading!

According to the FCC report you have engaged in interference to the Amateur Radio Service on numerous occaisions. It sounds like they have a pretty sound case unless you can prove otherwise. I hate to see any ham radio station have their license revoked. I hope it is just a misunderstanding and you caan prove otherwise and keep your license. But, if the allegations are true then, with great regret , I'd have to agree that license revocation is in order.

N1LAF
02-24-2011, 11:00 PM
What do you get when you cross a lawyer with a demon from hell?

No changes occur.

N1LAF
02-24-2011, 11:01 PM
How do you tell if it is REALLY cold outside?

A lawyer has his hands in his own pockets

N1LAF
02-24-2011, 11:01 PM
How can you spot a lawyer or politician walking down the street?

He will have his hands in someone else’s pockets.

N1LAF
02-24-2011, 11:04 PM
How does an attorney sleep?

First he lies on one side, and then on the other.

N1LAF
02-24-2011, 11:04 PM
How do you get a group of lawyers to smile for a picture?

Just say "Fees!"

N1LAF
02-24-2011, 11:05 PM
What happens when you give Viagra to lawyers?

They grow taller!

N1LAF
02-24-2011, 11:12 PM

The last person I heard talk like you is 'OGL, is he a buddy of yours or something?

Keep in mind that YOU do not have absolute free speech here, only what you are allowed.

NA4BH
02-24-2011, 11:14 PM
The last person I heard talk like you is 'OGL, is he a buddy of yours or something?

Keep in mind that YOU do not have absolute free speech here, only what you are allowed.

Or maybe Brandon

VE7DCW
02-24-2011, 11:36 PM

Wow!! ...... not only do you cry like Baxter,as Paul says,you're sounding a lot like Todd Daugherty N9OGL!! .... his on air foul mouth tirades crying the "free speech" routine just got him into FCC hotwater... we know he's just plain cwaaaaaazy!!!! :rofl:

W5RB
02-24-2011, 11:37 PM
What's the difference between a lawyer and a catfish ?

One's a bottom-dwelling scavenger , the other is a fish .

W5RB
02-24-2011, 11:38 PM
What's the difference between a lawyer and a buzzard ?

The lawyer removes his wingtips at night .

VE7DCW
02-24-2011, 11:44 PM
What's the difference between a lawyer and a catfish ?

One's a bottom-dwelling scavenger , the other is a fish .

Lawyers are held in such high regard!! :clap: :rofl:

rot
02-25-2011, 06:31 AM
Next time I'm home, I'll drive by his house. He lives about 2 miles from me.

I've wondered about Orv myself...
On a side note and just blasting from the past...
Tom, ECI started a thread using a modded pic of Harry, N0PU on a milk carton with the caption "Have you seen me?"
Funny as hell.
Harry was one of my all time faves...always a great read...
Now back to current programming.
rot

W4GPL
02-25-2011, 07:28 AM
Don't worry, I'll continue to protect your free speech rights, and prevent arbitrary and capricious enforcement of Part 97 by the Enforcement Bureau, even though you're too dumb to realize how I'm helping you.Helping me? You embarrass me. Even if everything the FCC says about you is untrue, the manner in which you've handled your defense is obnoxious and self serving. You're not some sort of amateur radio cape crusader or martyr. Sit down, shut up, and humbly defend yourself if/when you're given your day in "court".

W6WBJ
02-25-2011, 07:55 AM
'GPL, please don't whine and snivel just because you don't have enough balls to take on the Commission. Please simply admit you're nothing but a pussy who is too chickenshit to fight the government when they try to illegally restrict your rights, and move on to another thread, would you?

As I said, I'm totally dominating the Enforcement Bureau and have them tied up in the knots of their own illogical and illegal interpretations of Part 97. They are afraid to take my case to a hearing because then their illegal actions will become impossible to maintain in the future, and then they would have to actually do their jobs rather than soliciting rumor-and-innuendo-based complaints from all the dumb hams our there, and taking action based merely on the number of such complaints rather than on their (lack of) merit. You guys just need to tune in to reality and admit to yourselves that I'm going to be on the air forever. Too bad you're so stupid and such losers that you are unable to understand the nature of the case, but don't worry, I'll keep defending your right to speak freely out of your fat, ugly asses even though you really don't deserve it and don't know what the hell you are talking about. As Timmy Sheen, N6MZA (SK) would have said, "It's all about helping your fellow hams."

N2CHX
02-25-2011, 08:00 AM
As I said, I'm totally dominating the Enforcement Bureau and have them tied up in the knots of their own illogical and illegal interpretations of Part 97. They are afraid to take my case to a hearing because then their illegal actions will become impossible to maintain in the future, and then they would have to actually do their jobs rather than soliciting rumor-and-innuendo-based complaints from all the dumb hams our there, and taking action based merely on the number of such complaints rather than on their (lack of) merit. You guys just need to tune in to reality and admit to yourselves that I'm going to be on the air forever. Too bad you're so stupid and such losers that you are unable to understand the nature of the case, but don't worry, I'll keep defending your fat, ugly asses even though you really don't deserve it.

You're a lawyer? Grow up. Reading your run-on blather makes me feel like I'm in 5th grade again.

W6WBJ
02-25-2011, 08:03 AM
No, 'KKM, the reason you feel that way is because your mind never progressed beyond the 5th grade educational level so you simply can't understand the arguments involved.

N2CHX
02-25-2011, 08:03 AM
http://nkcreativetitle.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/img_1155.jpg

N2CHX
02-25-2011, 08:04 AM
No, 'KKM, the reason you feel that way is because your mind never progressed beyond the 5th grade educational level so you simply can't understand the arguments involved.

Thank you for so eloquently demonstrating my point.

W6WBJ
02-25-2011, 08:05 AM
Wow, why would you post a picture of yourself throwing a hissy fit, 'KKM? That's pretty damned dumb! Obviously I was wrong. You never even made it into the 5th grade.

So 'KKM, I was wondering, do you take loser lessons? Is that how you became such a prime example of a ham radio loser who talks out of his ass? Or does it come naturally to you?

W4GPL
02-25-2011, 08:10 AM
:locked: