PDA

View Full Version : Newman's Own Salsa

N2NH
02-15-2011, 01:48 AM
This is better than Tostito's and Pace. I haven't had others for awhile, so I can't really compare, but Newman's Own Medium Chunky Salsa is also a bit hotter, more like their Hot then their medium salsa. Great with chips and beer or soda (if your meds forbid beer). The price was pretty much the same and as written on the bottle cap, "All Profits to Charity."

IMHO a good deal any way you look at it.

KA5PIU
02-15-2011, 03:24 AM
Hello.

Was not aware that it is non-profit, or should I say, profit to charity?

n6hcm
02-15-2011, 03:57 AM
Hello.

Was not aware that it is non-profit, or should I say, profit to charity?

all those cases of coke and tacos must be blocking your view. it's on every package they sell.

W1GUH
02-15-2011, 08:21 AM
Good for warm fuzzies. But is it true?

W3WN
02-15-2011, 09:08 AM
Hello.

Was not aware that it is non-profit, or should I say, profit to charity?Always has been. So has every product that Paul Newman's companies produced.

W3WN
02-15-2011, 09:08 AM
Good for warm fuzzies. But is it true?
Yes. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newman%27s_Own)

W1GUH
02-15-2011, 09:13 AM
Outstanding. Thanks. Good stuff, too (except for the old popcorn that went bad).

W3MIV
02-16-2011, 08:25 PM
Outstanding. Thanks. Good stuff, too (except for the old popcorn that went bad).

Poor ol' Newman went bad too! Makes one wonder how long his legacy will survive. After all, Ford Motor Company no longer follows the mandates laid down by Henry. Or even, for that matter, Henry II.

kc7jty
02-16-2011, 09:33 PM
and walmart follows not the mandates of mister wall.

W3WN
02-17-2011, 10:08 AM
Poor ol' Newman went bad too! Makes one wonder how long his legacy will survive. After all, Ford Motor Company no longer follows the mandates laid down by Henry. Or even, for that matter, Henry II.
Well, Paul Newman's daughter was (and may still be) involved with the firm before she branched off on her own. And unlike Ford or Wallyworld, er, Walmart, Newman's Own isn't a public stock corporation, but a private firm.

So one can hope that the firm will continue along the path that Paul Newman and his original partner set out.

W1GUH
02-17-2011, 11:17 PM
I saw Paul Newman do a performance on TV that occurred while it was starting to sink in how bad the so-call Patriot Act was. It may have been Lincoln Portrait (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=95167311) or an excerpt from it.

Close to the end he recites the line "government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth." In the telecast that I saw the passion and fire in the way he delivered that line was exquisite. Wish I could find it on the web. Anyone else see that?

KA5PIU
02-18-2011, 01:02 AM

Hello.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUb3NWp942s