PDA

View Full Version : Some protection

W5GA
02-06-2011, 11:27 AM
This moron shouldn't be allowed to touch a gun. Another case of "the only ones professional enough".

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/r/26761029/detail.html

A Secret Service agent assigned to protect Nancy Reagan is recovering after accidentally shooting himself in the hip at a sheriff's department shooting range.

kc7jty
02-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Another indicator only professional law enforcement personnel should be allowed to handle firearms.

NQ6U
02-06-2011, 07:15 PM
Another indicator only professional law enforcement personnel should be allowed to handle firearms.

Either that or an indicator that they're not exactly using their best agents to protect Nancy.

W3MIV
02-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Some of the best and safest gun handlers I know are retired federal agents. Alas, so too are some of the worst I have ever seen. Overall, I would rate cops as the least competent with firearms on average.

I remember how every MP station had two angled drums filled with sand on the side of each entry door. Big sign over each sand pit read: "Clear weapon before entry!" Every one of them was trained to drop the mag then clear the chamber; you would be astonished at the numbers of asshats that could not get that right and would fire a live round into the barrel because they "cleared" the chamber before dropping the magazine. Whenever I had to have MPs assist me, I was more scared of them than I was of the quarry.

"Familiarity breeds contempt." Respect always embodies an element of fear. Whether the tool is a pistol, a chainsaw or a double-bit ax, once you lose that element of fear, you are on the path of danger.

KA5PIU
02-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Hello.

Correct.
I had pointed out an incident where I was to take a driving test,
The DPS trooper got the trigger hung in that little hook on automatic seatbelts.
He decided that in place of,
A, opening the door and letting the seatbelt go up and over the door, or
B, releasing the seatbelt, always a pain for an overweight person to do.
So he decides to try,,,
C, yank on the seatbelt, and watch firearm discharge into the floorboard.
The trouble was that there was not enough clearance between the door and his butt so the seatbelt became lodged around the holster.
The hook is used to secure the lower half of the seatbelt to the seat proper for a more comfortable ride.
Now, of course, they did away with automatic seatbelts.
Failing that, the kind of seatbelt that was just a seatbelt and not a full harness was something I thought was nice.
But, who knows, perhaps I was the 50th of the day and it was just that time?

W3MIV
02-06-2011, 08:45 PM
And what sort of firearm was this DPS trooper sporting?

NQ6U
02-06-2011, 08:47 PM
And what sort of firearm was this DPS trooper sporting?

A squirt gun.

KA5PIU
02-06-2011, 09:17 PM
Hello.

I was so much in shock that at first I thought somebody had hit the car.
The last thing I wanted to know was what kind of gun was involved, I was more worried that I wrecked the car!
It was not for what seemed like hours that I understood what had happened, actually around 30 minutes.
I was simply given my drivers license, a quick oral exam a few days later in Austin.
The car was unharmed, we never did find the bullet or any exit hole.
But, I was 18 years old and already afraid that I might not pass, and said nothing about my Mexican license. ;)
They had a German birth record and a US record of orphan as well as incomplete Texas papers.
The other papers were even worse, from Saudi Arabia, and the parents names did not match anything else!
My Zachry construction ID had my Mexican name and was hanging from the visor, nothing was said about that, Thank God!!!!!
So, what do you remember about YOUR driving test?

kc7jty
02-06-2011, 10:36 PM
Either that or an indicator that they're not exactly using their best agents to protect Nancy.
It would seem to me Nancy in her current state would be her best defense.

kc7jty
02-06-2011, 10:39 PM
A squirt gun.
A PISS-tol.

N7RJD
02-06-2011, 10:43 PM
Sounds like a cover story to me. I think the guy was out hunting with Dick Cheney.

NQ6U
02-06-2011, 10:43 PM
Sounds like a cover story to me. I think the guy was out hunting with Dick Cheney.

Couldn't bag him a lawyer so he bagged himself?

N7RJD
02-06-2011, 10:47 PM
Couldn't bag him a lawyer so he bagged himself?

I think you got it just a tad mixed up. He was supposed to be protecting the bag.

NQ6U
02-06-2011, 10:57 PM
I think you got it just a tad mixed up. He was supposed to be protecting the bag.

So then, what you're saying is that he couldn't bag a bag so he bagged himself?