PDA

View Full Version : I miss Dilmus already.

ab1ga
02-04-2011, 09:23 PM
Okay, now what?

N2NH
02-04-2011, 09:27 PM
Okay, now what?

Ignore added.

W3WN
02-04-2011, 09:49 PM
Okay, now what?
There's no crying in baseball... or web forums...

ab1ga
02-04-2011, 09:59 PM
There's no crying in baseball... or web forums...

Who's crying? Haven't you seen the victims of that nasty cold going around?
Folks are dropping like flies around here, sniffles, headache, laryngitis, fatigue.
And just when it looks like it's burned itself out some !@#$%^&* out there gives it to me.
I'm recording my demise, to be posthumously released as a home video entitled "The Snotting."

WA4TM
02-04-2011, 10:01 PM
That makes one!!!!!

Okay, now what?

W4RLR
02-04-2011, 10:02 PM
A lot of us miss Dilmus. But the Island militia are going to the firing range this weekend, so we can improve our aim.

KG4CGC
02-04-2011, 10:08 PM
According to some on the Zed, that cold booger is only a West Coast thing. I guess it has migrated in record time to the East Coast.
Last December the GF started getting something that was flu like and gave her laryngitis. The really bad thing was that it opened her up for a sinus and ear infection. Fortunately, I didn't get hit.

N9FE
02-04-2011, 10:11 PM
Allright what snowbank did ya bury him under.

X-Rated
02-04-2011, 10:14 PM
Email him or phone him.

NQ6U
02-04-2011, 10:15 PM
Yeah, good ol' Dilmus, what a prince. Sniff.

ab1ga
02-04-2011, 10:20 PM
According to some on the Zed, that cold booger is only a West Coast thing. I guess it has migrated in record time to the East Coast.
Last December the GF started getting something that was flu like and gave her laryngitis. The really bad thing was that it opened her up for a sinus and ear infection. Fortunately, I didn't get hit.

I believe the culprit was the American Geophysical Union meeting held in San Francisco in December. I heard the first reports from those that attended, and some of them got sick on the airplane ride back. I think more than a few of them got stranded by a storm at DFW, so the germs also benefited from the hub model of air transport. I thought I'd ducked it, but it must have rebounded from somewhere and hit me when I wasn't looking.

ab1ga
02-04-2011, 10:23 PM
A lot of us miss Dilmus. But the Island militia are going to the firing range this weekend, so we can improve our aim.

You'll have to count me out there.
1. I do not approve of armed insurrection.
2. I'm a worse shot than Sarah Palin. Caribou laugh at me.

W3WN
02-04-2011, 10:26 PM
Allright what snowbank did ya bury him under.
...and is there room to pile on more?

NQ6U
02-04-2011, 10:26 PM

Smile, wait for flash.

Dilly himself would approve of the choice a Second Amendment remedy.

NA4BH
02-04-2011, 10:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc

n3aiu
02-08-2011, 09:10 PM
It's nice not having to set someone to ignore just to avoid looking at his big metal penis in his signature line.

W5GA
02-08-2011, 09:31 PM
I am completely amazed at how one guy can OWN a whole fucking website even when he's not here. You guys REALLY need to get a life.

KC2UGV
02-08-2011, 09:33 PM
I am completely amazed at how one guy can OWN a whole fucking website even when he's not here. You guys REALLY need to get a life.

How do you define "own"? I believe you were asked that previously when you used it in a similar reference, but you failed to reply to that query...

W5GA
02-08-2011, 09:45 PM
How do you define "own"? I believe you were asked that previously when you used it in a similar reference, but you failed to reply to that query...
I didn't answer cuz I didn't see it. Based on the recent traffic (which Luke also commented on), here or not, he's apparently all some folks here can think about - reminds me a whole bunch of the silliness that goes on here about QRZ. I've been here since not too long after the site came on line...With the possible exception of Rudy, no other past or present member has generated this much commotion. Yeah, he owns you guys.

KC2UGV
02-08-2011, 09:50 PM
I didn't answer cuz I didn't see it. Based on the recent traffic (which Luke also commented on), here or not, he's apparently all some folks here can think about - reminds me a whole bunch of the silliness that goes on here about QRZ. I've been here since not too long after the site came on line...With the possible exception of Rudy, no other past or present member has generated this much commotion. Yeah, he owns you guys.

So, what is your definition of "owns"? Would you consider a criminal undergoing a high-profile trial as "owning" the community s/he resides in?

W5GA
02-08-2011, 10:00 PM
So, what is your definition of "owns"? Would you consider a criminal undergoing a high-profile trial as "owning" the community s/he resides in?
Permission granted to disagree with my assessment. I'll not explain it further, as it's a waste of my time.

KG4CGC
02-08-2011, 10:05 PM
Permission granted to disagree with my assessment. I'll not explain it further, as it's a waste of my time.
And Dilmus still owns us.

W3WN
02-08-2011, 10:48 PM
Who?

...oh yes, he's on first...

w6tmi
02-09-2011, 01:38 AM
I
..With the possible exception of Rudy, no other past or present member has generated this much commotion. Yeah, he owns you guys.

Oh, 'kww comes pretty close I 'spose...

I do miss that friendly neighborhood UT..

Where did Dilmus go anyway?

WV6Z
02-09-2011, 01:56 AM
I miss Dilmus already. Okay, now what?

Woah..... wait!...... WHAT!?!?!?

I thought that asshole was just posting here the other day?

What did you guys do?

W4RLR
02-09-2011, 03:33 AM
It's nice not having to set someone to ignore just to avoid looking at his big metal penis in his signature line.
I wonder if he named that pistol "Steely Dan"?

W4RLR
02-09-2011, 03:35 AM
Woah..... wait!...... WHAT!?!?!?

I thought that asshole was just posting here the other day?

What did you guys do?He went on full blown attack mode, repeatedly using foul language to harass, intimidate, and threaten fellow Islanders. The staff made the decision to banish him from our shores permanently, as he could not play nicely with others. Those who know his history are familiar with his past transgressions.

ad4mg
02-09-2011, 06:56 AM
And Dilmus still owns us.
Difficult to deny ... he's gone, and YADDT (yet Another Dilmus Derangement Thread) pops up.

Just an observation, but I'm but a lowly f*cktard ...

KC2UGV
02-09-2011, 07:25 AM

I'm not disagreeing with you, as you have yet to even explain what you mean by "own". I can not dis/agree with an obvious detour from the usual use of a word, until I get a clear working definition.

N2CHX
02-09-2011, 08:44 AM
Difficult to deny ... he's gone, and YADDT (yet Another Dilmus Derangement Thread) pops up.

Just an observation, but I'm but a lowly f*cktard ...

Heh, for once I'm not guilty of something. :)

W1GUH
02-09-2011, 09:02 AM
Maybe this is necessary:

"owned" is the former (and maybe in some quarters obselete) term for "pwn'd" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pwn) Clear things up?

[That's pointed sarcasm]

Ah....Dimus..Dilly...Mack....

One of those people I've known that at first impression on a particular subject can sound 180 Deg. opposite of what I'm thinking, but on those occasions when the discussion went on for a while, we found that we're in solid agreement but from opposite directions. Also seemed to be one of the more enthusiastic and knowledgable BA guys here.

KC2UGV
02-09-2011, 09:30 AM
Maybe this is necessary:

"owned" is the former (and maybe in some quarters obselete) term for "pwn'd" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pwn) Clear things up?

[That's pointed sarcasm]

Sarcasm noted. But, if it's the case, it's a complete misuse of the term :lol:

W1GUH
02-09-2011, 09:47 AM
;)

Hoping to get to a hamfest in WNY this season.

WØTKX
02-09-2011, 10:50 AM
Hell's Kitchen with Chef Ramsey is popular, go watch that. It's not healthy, but I guess it's entertaining to some people. Many think Paul Sr. on American Chopper is a wonderful man... I like the show, but Paul Sr. is sick in the heart, if he actually has one.

http://www.spring.org.uk/2010/02/why-we-loves-narcissists-at-first.php

The paradoxes of narcissism

But there are all sorts of paradoxes in the way narcissists behave. Here are three that this research helps explain:

Why do people continue to behave selfishly when it only ruins their relationships with others?
Why do narcissists devalue others when they are so dependent on them for admiration?
Why don't narcissists spot the cycle of early attraction followed by rejection?

The first two are partly explained by the fact that narcissistic behaviour is, at first, attractive to other people. Behaving selfishly seems to bring them a rush of admiration which they get addicted to, while devaluing others when the inevitable rejection comes, covering it up by searching out new people to worship them.
The reason narcissists fail to spot this cycle may well be that friends and partners never hang around long enough to tell them in such a way that they actually believe it and want to do something about it.

KC2UGV
02-09-2011, 10:56 AM
;)

Hoping to get to a hamfest in WNY this season.

There's a couple. LARA just had theirs, but the Ra Cha Cha Hamfest is the proverbial "big one" for this area. I try to make it, but something always comes up :(

W1GUH
02-09-2011, 10:59 AM
There's a couple. LARA just had theirs, but the Ra Cha Cha Hamfest is the proverbial "big one" for this area. I try to make it, but something always comes up :(

Rochester is one that I've never been to but really want to. Hope I can get away that weekend. I've heard it a great 'fester, I also love road trips to upstate NY...anywhere.

N2CHX
02-09-2011, 11:02 AM
Rochester is one that I've never been to but really want to. Hope I can get away that weekend. I've heard it a great 'fester, I also love road trips to upstate NY...anywhere.

The Batavia hamfest is usually pretty good. Not huge, but some nice folk there. Alexander (the town just outside of Batavia where it's held) is a nice, scenic little place too.

W1GUH
02-09-2011, 11:11 AM
That'll be on my list, too.

KC2UGV
02-09-2011, 11:15 AM

The Batavia hamfest is usually pretty good. Not huge, but some nice folk there. Alexander (the town just outside of Batavia where it's held) is a nice, scenic little place too.

That'll be on my list, too.

Lunch, then Batavia 'Fest?

N2CHX
02-09-2011, 11:16 AM

Sounds like a plan. I can get to Alexander in about 20 minutes too :)

W1GUH
02-09-2011, 11:50 AM

Lunch at the 'Fest? Or 'Fest, then lunch? Who goes to a hamfest in the afternoon?

Or are referring to "lunching"....as in "blowing lunch" from the night before as you drag your sorry ass out of the sack for the 'fest?

W1GUH
02-09-2011, 11:53 AM
While checking the date of the Batavia 'fester (7/30?) I also noticed one in West Seneca on 3/12. Also a possibility, but low probability of being free that weekend.

KC2UGV
02-09-2011, 11:59 AM
Lunch at the 'Fest? Or 'Fest, then lunch?

Uh huh :) I'm game either way.

Who goes to a hamfest in the afternoon?

Someone who socializes mainly, and shops secondly :lol: Again, I'm open, but aint nobody dragging my arse out of bed on a Saturday or Sunday that early :)

Or are referring to "lunching"....as in "blowing lunch" from the night before as you drag your sorry ass out of the sack for the 'fest?

:lol:

W1GUH
02-09-2011, 12:04 PM
Uh huh :) I'm game either way.

Someone who socializes mainly, and shops secondly :lol: Again, I'm open, but aint nobody dragging my arse out of bed on a Saturday or Sunday that early :)

:lol:

Y'know...you've got something there. Maybe I should stop being such a disgusting early-bird at hamfests. It gets expensive! Since I already have all the radios I can really use -- no, check that -- I've got way more radios than I can use, why do I care if I find those sweet deals or not?

KC2UGV
02-09-2011, 12:23 PM
Y'know...you've got something there. Maybe I should stop being such a disgusting early-bird at hamfests. It gets expensive! Since I already have all the radios I can really use -- no, check that -- I've got way more radios than I can use, why do I care if I find those sweet deals or not?

Hey, if it floats your boat, all the more power to you. I'm not one for haggling, and many hams try to sell a 40 year old rig for twice what a brand new one costs today. I don't care very much to do that.

Now parts... Those unobtanium parts... But, usually what I'm looking for is what others are NOT, so I do ok there :)