PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl

N2CHX
02-01-2011, 03:47 PM
Out of curiousity, how many of you nerds hams will actually willingly watch the Superbowl this weekend?

WØTKX
02-01-2011, 03:55 PM
Not me, I prefer Men in Tights, the movie.

kb2crk
02-01-2011, 04:05 PM
i will be travelling to Indiana on superbowl sunday but there have been arrangements made to stop at my sister in laws house outside of indy to watch the game.....
the off to mishawauka on monday morning.

KG4CGC
02-01-2011, 04:12 PM
If you're not in the affected weather area, the only way anyone is going to travel will be to go around the mess.
As for football, it costs me nothing to watch it at home.
It's not really interesting anyway unless you have a couple of grand riding on the outcome.

NA4BH
02-01-2011, 04:52 PM
It's the only pro game that I will watch. The rest of the games are like listening to a bunch of Prima Donna no code contesters give fake signal reports. :troll: :monkeydance:

NQ6U
02-01-2011, 05:22 PM
Don't much care for football myself. I'll be out in my shack looking for some DX because if there is any, the pile-up won't be as big.

ki4itv
02-01-2011, 05:28 PM
Lynne (XYL) will be jumping up and down on the couch, screaming obscenities, calling the plays the coaches should have called, and throwing snack food at the flat screen.
I will keep my distance thank you, it's just too dangerous.

kb2crk
02-01-2011, 05:59 PM
wow. what a group of geeks!!!

KG4CGC
02-01-2011, 06:02 PM
I believe subtlety is lost on this crowd.

KC2UGV
02-01-2011, 06:25 PM
Uh... We had our Un-Super Bowl party this past Sunday.

KC9ECI
02-01-2011, 07:05 PM
I won't stare at the TV, but I will monitor the score.

w6tmi
02-04-2011, 01:02 AM
Might take the kid to a local lake. Depends on the weather.

KG4CGC
02-04-2011, 01:38 AM
The country is deeply divided on this. 53% Packers, 47% Steelers.

w3bny
02-04-2011, 08:59 AM
I'm going to watch the puppeh bowl...they promise to make it more interesting this year with the addition of an autonomous riding lawnmower into the mix.:squint::yuck::twisted::shock:

suddenseer
02-04-2011, 11:42 AM
Are you kidding? The big shoulders, the tight form fitting uniforms? Those awesum hunks of manhood out there on the field? The tackle part is my favorite. Look where the quarterback sometimes keeps his hands. I like.

W3WN
02-04-2011, 01:26 PM
Living in Pittsburgh, married to a native who's a born Pirate fanatic, in-laws who are Steeler fanatics, and I work for a minority owner of the Penguins.

Do I REALLY have to answer the question?

N8GAV
02-04-2011, 01:27 PM
Hey I can have all the Wings, Pizza, Chips & Dips, Brews, and all fixins that I want and not have XYL bitch about it. She has to work.:) Kitchen had better be cleaned up before she gets home through ;)

NQ6U
02-04-2011, 01:28 PM
Living in Pittsburgh, married to a native who's a born Pirate fanatic, in-laws who are Steeler fanatics, and I work for a minority owner of the Penguins.

Do I REALLY have to answer the question?

Buck up. Pitchers and catchers report to spring training in a couple of weeks.

W3WN
02-04-2011, 01:33 PM
Buck up. Pitchers and catchers report to spring training in a couple of weeks.
Don't I know it.

Neil Walker named as the #10 Second Baseman by MLB Network... not bad for a rookie who wasn't even up for the whole season. And unlike Nate the Ingrate, he's a heck of a nice guy as well.

W3WN
02-04-2011, 01:34 PM
Hey I can have all the Wings, Pizza, Chips & Dips, Brews, and all fixins that I want and not have XYL bitch about it. She has to work.:) Kitchen had better be cleaned up before she gets home through ;)
We're having my Honey-Sesame wings again. Hey, we had them for the last two play off games...

N8GAV
02-04-2011, 01:51 PM
We're having my Honey-Sesame wings again. Hey, we had them for the last two play off games...

Having bar-b- que and hot here, some pizza, hotdogs , and whatever else my son, son-in- laws and I decide to make. All I was told was everything had better be cleaned up before Bonnie gets home. Trash has to be out too, so we have to watch our Budwiser intake.

KJ3N
02-04-2011, 02:17 PM
Out of curiousity, how many of you nerds hams will actually willingly watch the Superbowl this weekend?

:sleep: :sleep:

ki4itv
02-04-2011, 07:48 PM
Are you kidding? The big shoulders, the tight form fitting uniforms? Those awesum hunks of manhood out there on the field? The tackle part is my favorite. Look where the quarterback sometimes keeps his hands. I like.
:lol::lol:
Probably why my wife likes it so much.
A little Man-heavy voyeurism...and she gets to rage like a sailor.

N2NH
02-04-2011, 10:37 PM
Watch the Super Bowl? Depends. If Fox doesn't go bat-guana crazy with the graphics, promos and stats, there's a good chance I will. Otherwise, there's no point. Then I'll listen or do web checks.

n6hcm
02-05-2011, 04:18 AM

exactly. i think they slap each other on the butt to complete the look.

WV6Z
02-05-2011, 09:33 AM
I will be enjoying a rare weekend off and hopefully a lot of this time off will be spent down at the pub.

KG4CGC
02-05-2011, 03:13 PM
I will be enjoying a rare weekend off and hopefully a lot of this time off will be spent down at the pub.
Toilet duck and a brick in a plain brown wrapper.

n2ize
02-05-2011, 04:54 PM
The country is deeply divided on this. 53% Packers, 47% Steelers.

It's hard to make a choice between those two teams. Neither has a wimpy sounding name. Its hard to chose between two teams with tough sounding names.

NQ6U
02-05-2011, 05:02 PM
It's hard to make a choice between those two teams. Neither has a wimpy sounding name. Its hard to chose between two teams with tough sounding names.

"Packers" is tough-sounding? Shoulda called themselves the Green Bay Pachyderms instead. Now, that's a tough-sounding name.

KB2SFH
02-05-2011, 06:49 PM
Well Stephanie, I'm more interested in the commercials but I want to see Green Bay spank the Pissburgh Steelers into oblivion!
:muhahaha:

kb2crk
02-05-2011, 08:05 PM
Well Stephanie, I'm more interested in the commercials but I want to see Green Bay spank the Pissburgh Steelers into oblivion!

you are just upset that the Steelers spanked your jets......

W3MIV
02-06-2011, 08:23 AM
I have a hard time imaging a worse waste of time than sitting in gape-mouthed stupefaction watching a bunch of thugs, vivisectionists and steroid-swelled cretins pretending to importance in a nation where the amount of money squandered on such frivolity might do some small good in educating the misguided youths who idolize them for all the wrong reasons. Bread and circus, indeed. I should be happier pulling my fingernails out with needlenose pliers than dissipate five minutes in such a pursuit.

suddenseer
02-06-2011, 11:05 AM
I have a hard time imaging a worse waste of time than sitting in gape-mouthed stupefaction watching a bunch of thugs, vivisectionists and steroid-swelled cretins pretending to importance in a nation where the amount of money squandered on such frivolity might do some small good in educating the misguided youths who idolize them for all the wrong reasons. Bread and circus, indeed. I should be happier pulling my fingernails out with needlenose pliers than dissipate five minutes in such a pursuit.That's OK by me. I will take your share.

KB2SFH
02-06-2011, 11:28 AM
you are just upset that the Steelers spanked your jets......

But I wasn't rooting for the jets. I was rooting for pats and bears.

W3MIV
02-06-2011, 01:25 PM
That's OK by me. I will take your share.

Gladly do I give thee leave.

NQ6U
02-06-2011, 01:47 PM
Go 'Niners!

W3MIV
02-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Go 'Niners!

Were I not the bitter ol' turd I have become, I could root for the finest team ever to have played football -- the Baltimore Colts. If I ever find where they buried the remains of that drunken plumber, I shall stain his stone with an ochre tint. As Archie used to sing, "those were the days."

KG4CGC
02-06-2011, 04:10 PM
Here's to the Super Monday hangovers and all that is associated with that mess. The Greenville cops will have their hands full tonight. We have a relatively new Zero Tolerance law that means they can get ya on .02%.

KA5PIU
02-06-2011, 05:40 PM
Here's to the Super Monday hangovers and all that is associated with that mess. The Greenville cops will have their hands full tonight. We have a relatively new Zero Tolerance law that means they can get ya on .02%.

Hello.
What is the legal limit?
In Texas they started that only to discover that none of the cases went anywhere.
In fact there is now a class action suit.
We will have to wait to see what happens with that.

N8YX
02-07-2011, 09:04 AM
Sue, it appears you got your wish - in spite of some rather dubious on-field shenanigans by the Steelers' offensive linemen.

Go cry in your pee-water Iron City beer, boys. :snicker:

WV6Z
02-07-2011, 11:25 AM
MmMmMmMmmm, pee water............