PDA

View Full Version : An Unmoderated Moderator in Meltdown is a Terrible thing to Watch

N4VGB
01-29-2011, 12:01 PM
Philip E. Agre: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_E._Agre

A manic depression sufferer most famous for wandering off into his own little world.:chin:

Now there's an opinion that we should all heed.:hand::whistle:

WØTKX
01-29-2011, 12:24 PM
Thank you my Dear Dilmus! Smooches!

W3MIV
01-29-2011, 12:30 PM
Must be like looking in the mirror, Dilmus. Why not try stopping your meds and wandering off for a bit.

N4VGB
01-29-2011, 12:33 PM
Thank you my Dear Dilmus! Smooches!

You're quite welcome OM. Always ready to serve (should that be service?) you when needed.:cool2:

N4VGB
01-29-2011, 12:36 PM
Must be like looking in the mirror, Dilmus. Why not try stopping your meds and wandering off for a bit.

I expected better from you OM. Redouble your efforts in creativity.:irked:

WØTKX
01-29-2011, 12:44 PM
I like melted butter on shrimpy things...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytUi-oOUQ9Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytUi-oOUQ9Y

NQ6U
01-29-2011, 12:48 PM

http://www.official-medicines.biz/bb/32.jpg

But be careful--ceasing anti-psychotic drugs can be dangerous.

N1LAF
01-29-2011, 12:51 PM
Philip E. Agre: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_E._Agre

A manic depression sufferer most famous for wandering off into his own little world.:chin:

Now there's an opinion that we should all heed.:hand::whistle:

He is a self-moderating moderator who has put out something he has read and obviously enjoys the content. And he has the trust of the staff and the Islanders. Nothing wrong or improper here, and far from meltdown. Instead of going after the poster, or attacking the credibility of the author, how about critiquing the authors content. There are numerous targets in the content, so plenty of discussion points/counterpoints can be made.

WØTKX
01-29-2011, 12:55 PM
When I was asked to be a moderator, I was reluctant... because I did not want to stifle my views in any way. And I have not, and will not.

However,... I try to frame attacks on premises, instead of personal attacks. Hatred and venom spewing is not my style, humor is.
And racism disgusts me, as does homophobia... and other Xenophbic attitudes. These make Jesus cry, and Lady Liberty weep.

But it's not funny anymore. Not at all.

WX7P
01-29-2011, 01:08 PM
However,... I try to frame attacks on premises, instead of personal attacks. Hatred and venom spewing is not my style, humor is.
And racism disgusts me, as does homophobia... and other Xenophbic attitudes. These make Jesus cry, and Lady Liberty weep.

Absolutely. Well said, OM.

N4VGB
01-29-2011, 01:20 PM
And you can voice over edit that piece replacing the GOP with Liberal Democrats and it's still 100% true. You who claim such "original thought" can't really seem to do much of it on an individual level. The "hive mind" or "lynch mob mind" is NEVER better displayed than via a group of far left leaning people in one spot. Hell's bells it's a frenzy!:neener::rofl:

We are now poised to see a perfect example of the completely illogical logic used by left leaning politicians from your own beloved Obama dragging poor Rep. Giffords along as his flimsy excuse for taking actions that parallel and far exceed those taken by Lincoln in MD during the Civil War. Suspicion of damned near anything and misdemeanor violations used to strip rights from American citizens. http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Federal/Read.aspx?id=6173
Ye left leaners will have that completely warm and fuzzy feeling of being made safe by your beloved masters. It is only an illusion created to accomplish a goal that ye actually yearn for but dare not admit at this time. Carry on.:vomit:

I'm surprised Obama didn't have this one ready before the state of the union address but packaging a pile of steaming manure into something they'll swallow as a Christmas present can't be easy work.:cheers:

N4VGB
01-29-2011, 01:25 PM
He is a self-moderating moderator who has put out something he has read and obviously enjoys the content. And he has the trust of the staff and the Islanders. Nothing wrong or improper here, and far from meltdown. Instead of going after the poster, or attacking the credibility of the author, how about critiquing the authors content. There are numerous targets in the content, so plenty of discussion points/counterpoints can be made.

Paul, of course there is plenty to debate in the content. But the content is ALL opinion. Opinion debating opposing opinion reminds me of a cat chasing it's tail. The exercise has no meaningful or logical end.

WX7P
01-29-2011, 01:28 PM
And you can voice over edit that piece replacing the GOP with Liberal Democrats and it's still 100% true. You who claim such "original thought" can't really seem to do much of it on an individual level. The "hive mind" or "lynch mob mind" is NEVER better displayed than via a group of far left leaning people in one spot. Hell's bells it's a frenzy!:neener::rofl:

We are now poised to see a perfect example of the completely illogical logic used by left leaning politicians from your own beloved Obama dragging poor Rep. Giffords along as his flimsy excuse for taking actions that parallel and far exceed those taken by Lincoln in MD during the Civil War. Suspicion of damned near anything and misdemeanor violations used to strip rights from American citizens. http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Federal/Read.aspx?id=6173
Ye left leaners will have that completely warm and fuzzy feeling of being made safe by your beloved masters. It is only an illusion created to accomplish a goal that ye actually yearn for but dare not admit at this time. Carry on.:vomit:

I'm surprised Obama didn't have this one ready before the state of the union address but packaging a pile of steaming manure into something they'll swallow as a Christmas present can't be easy work.:cheers:

Opinion piece. Nothing of substance here, even by your own standards.

N4VGB
01-29-2011, 01:39 PM
When I was asked to be a moderator, I was reluctant... because I did not want to stifle my views in any way. And I have not, and will not.

This is your Freudian slip that tells the tale OM, "I try to frame attacks on premises". I was unaware that "attacks" was the purpose of this section of the board!? Then you follow up with a tangent of personal judgements of me and others on this board that hold differing views from yours. FB OM, you have judged those of the right leaning persuasion to be the things you've stated and you declare your right to deal harshly with them.

Most on here who dare to post any right leaning opinion piece are pounded to dust instantly, it is a right reserved on this board exclusively to the left. That is the very reason I enjoy this board so much, it is far left dominated in all respects, if that infuriates thee I have no response. I walk into the lion's den with glee and survive with logic quite well, sorry.

WØTKX
01-29-2011, 01:50 PM
Tell me how the original post that started this thread is not a personal attack on me, as well as the author I cited?

Please Mighty Mack, enlighten me. :bowdown:

N4VGB
01-29-2011, 02:04 PM
Opinion piece. Nothing of substance here, even by your own standards.

Correct OM, normally I would have never posted that article for consumption here but since opinion and rumor articles are now sacred, why not?

PA5COR
01-29-2011, 02:12 PM
Keep doing what you do David you do fine for me.

N4VGB
01-29-2011, 02:19 PM
Tell me how the original post that started this thread is not a personal attack on me, as well as a the author I cited?

Please Mighty Mack, enlighten me. :bowdown:

Pointing out what can only be reasonably considered as rather irrational behavior is not a personal attack at all OM. It should have been considered more of a "wake up call" perhaps.

I realize that you are stinging a bit right now via your revelations you allowed to slip out in post #9 of this thread about "I try to frame attacks". It is not my fault that you have somewhat revealed yourself. "Attack" is the normal mode used by the far left on the right everyday. You guys view it as good and righteous on your own part but go into frenzies when the tables turn.

It is my personal belief that any rational person would not post such a lengthy treatise in multiple sections on any web board. Nay they would have done the deed with a simple post with link to the article. I've seen many boards where such would have been deleted immediately and the poster instructed to use a link to the article via a single post.

Perhaps my adopting the "Mighty Mack" label you bestowed upon me and my incorporating it into my sig line and pic have also pushed you over the edge a bit? That was not my intention, I thought it good fun to do so.

WX7P
01-29-2011, 02:27 PM
Correct OM, normally I would have never posted that article for consumption here but since opinion and rumor articles are now sacred, why not?

Earth to Dilmus. I was referring to your comments, as any thinking person can see.

WX7P
01-29-2011, 02:30 PM
Pointing out what can only be reasonably considered as rather irrational behavior is not a personal attack at all OM. It should have been considered more of a "wake up call" perhaps.

I realize that you are stinging a bit right now via your revelations you allowed to slip out in post #9 of this thread about "I try to frame attacks". It is not my fault that you have somewhat revealed yourself. "Attack" is the normal mode used by the far left on the right everyday. You guys view it as good and righteous on your own part but go into frenzies when the tables turn.

It is my personal belief that any rational person would not post such a lengthy treatise in multiple sections on any web board. Nay they would have done the deed with a simple post with link to the article. I've seen many boards where such would have been deleted immediately and the poster instructed to use a link to the article via a single post.

Perhaps my adopting the "Mighty Mack" label you bestowed upon me and my incorporating it into my sig line and pic have also pushed you over the edge a bit? That was not my intention, I thought it good fun to do so.

Fun is relative.

One man's "fun" is another man's "who cares?" moment.

Have a nice day, station.

W9PSK
01-29-2011, 03:16 PM
Ok. I thought it was kinda weird that such a long piece was being posted in sections like that, but I figured it would run its course just like everything else runs its course. It does seem to me that this thread here was started to attack W0TKX and suggest he'd lost his mind.

WØTKX
01-29-2011, 03:28 PM
The reason I did that, was to break it up into smaller sections, that not only fit the 10k character limit, but mostly to promote discussion.

I posted something not too long ago, and 115 or so pages was considered a lengthy read. So, I broke it down into smaller pieces.

I'm terribly sorry I used the attack" word", it's very un-enlightened of me. I beg forgiveness, Oh Mighty Mack! :bowdown:

You own this forum sir, and I exist to please.

N4VGB
01-29-2011, 03:37 PM
Ok. I thought it was kinda weird that such a long piece was being posted in sections like that, but I figured it would run its course just like everything else runs its course. It does seem to me that this thread here was started to attack W0TKX and suggest he'd lost his mind.

Not at all. I don't think he lost his mind, he just got over heated and went off on a tangent. I don't see my pointing out that the author of the article is a confirmed sufferer of manic depression as an "attack" either, just pointing out that works from such people perhaps should not be used in this manner. In my opinion it casts doubts on their opinions.

A perfect parallel is the thread I started over in "chat" concerning the works of Dr. John Forbes Nash Jr. I have great admiration for the man and his mathematic works BUT I have serious doubt whether the formula expressions developed by him should have been used so widely in the world economic system. He is most assuredly a severe sufferer of paranoid schizophrenia that somehow was able to learn control of his mental disorder.

A clarification of truthful content about the author of any work is not an "attack" on the author or the person using the questionable work as a premise for a post. It only casts doubt as to whether the work or the post should be viewed as "Holy Grail" for any purpose.

W9PSK
01-29-2011, 03:37 PM
Ya might wanna put a link in each thread to the next and previous thread so someone reading it can read the whole thing without having to search for each section. If people start responding to each section, they're gonna end up out of order and all over the place.

N4VGB
01-29-2011, 03:58 PM
The reason I did that, was to break it up into smaller sections, that not only fit the 10k character limit, but mostly to promote discussion.

I posted something not too long ago, and 115 or so pages was considered a lengthy read. So, I broke it down into smaller pieces.

I'm terribly sorry I used the attack" word", it's very un-enlightened of me. I beg forgiveness, Oh Mighty Mack! :bowdown:

You own this forum sir, and I exist to please.

A link to the material would not have worked??? Again you started out OK on this one but couldn't resist the personal jab. You would not be so kindly in judging me if I did the same. If I had posted some right leaning piece in such a manner you and other staff would have been all over my arse. If the article I posted was obviously slanted and originated from someone of questionable mental competency, I would have been called on the issue.:roll:

When any staff members post in a thread they enjoy no special status with me OM. You're only another member of the board at that point. Many members fear "tugging on Superman's cape" in this situation, I do not.:stickpoke:

N4VGB
01-29-2011, 03:59 PM
Ya might wanna put a link in each thread to the next and previous thread so someone reading it can read the whole thing without having to search for each section. If people start responding to each section, they're gonna end up out of order and all over the place.

Point taken.

WØTKX
01-29-2011, 04:00 PM
I removed all the posts in question, I'm sorry for offending you Mighty Mack.

You own The Island of Misfit Hams. Forgive my insolence, and my sins, master.

N4VGB
01-29-2011, 04:22 PM
I removed all the posts in question, I'm sorry for offending you Mighty Mack.

You own The Island of Misfit Hams. Forgive my insolence, and my sins, master.

It's finished as far as I'm concerned OM. You've neither alienated or endeared yourself to me in the exchange. Party over.

I don't wish to "own" this place or any in it, I can't afford the food and upkeep!:lol:

WX7P
01-29-2011, 04:29 PM
It's finished as far as I'm concerned OM. You've neither alienated or endeared yourself to me in the exchange. Party over.

I don't wish to "own" this place or any in it, I can't afford the food and upkeep!:lol:

Sarcasm is obviously lost on you, station.

N4VGB
01-29-2011, 04:32 PM
Sarcasm is obviously lost on you, station.

Dave I fully understand the post.:wtf:

ad4mg
01-29-2011, 04:35 PM
Wrong forum for this to be in. As soon as I figure out where the hell it should be, I'll be relocating it. I'm thinking Rumpus Room, as it falls into the category of bullchit that most here don't care to read.

WØTKX
01-29-2011, 04:35 PM
This thread, and any thoughts on anything besides what the Mighty Mack espouses... has outlived it's usefulness.

Take it to the other posts, and enjoy the meal.