PDA

View Full Version : Suddenly , obesity doesn't seem so bad

W5RB
01-26-2011, 05:21 PM
http://pleated-jeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/The-United-States-of-Shame.png

http://pleated-jeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/The-United-States-of-Shame.png

ki4itv
01-26-2011, 05:50 PM
I'm thinking the ugly people of North Dakota are enjoying most of their sex in South Dakota.:lol:

W5RB
01-26-2011, 05:54 PM
Yeah , I'm thinking about a move to the four corners area ......

NQ6U
01-26-2011, 05:59 PM
SC has the most mobile homes. By extension, that must mean it has the most tornadoes, too, since we all know that mobile homes attract tornadoes. So, explain why Minnesota is alleged to have more?

ki4itv
01-26-2011, 06:03 PM
SC has the most mobile homes. By extension, that must mean it has the most tornadoes, too, since we all know that mobile homes attract tornadoes. So, explain why Minnesota is alleged to have more?

They're not replacing them fast enough?

W5RB
01-26-2011, 06:27 PM

I have no idea what research went into this , nor what constitutes "worst" in that case . Other states have more tornadoes , I'd have to assume that MN's "worst " would have to do with fatalities per storm , or some such .

Regarding the mobile home / tornado parallel , 2 quotes come to mind .

"God must really hate mobile homes." - Dr. Johnny Fever , in a WKRP in Cincinnati episode , recalling a childhood memory .

"And mobile homes they litter my Keys
I hate those bastards so much
I wish a summer squall would blow them all
The way up to fantasy land
Yeah they're ugly and square, they don't belong there
They looked a lot better as beer cans " - Jimmy Buffet

ki4itv
01-26-2011, 06:34 PM
Speaking of Jimmy Buffet...
He did a serious faceplant, tumbling of the stage in Sydney yesterday. Messed him up pretty good.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

N7RJD
01-26-2011, 08:25 PM
I'm thinking the ugly people of North Dakota are enjoying most of their sex in South Dakota.:lol:

Probably so but I'm wondering just how bad the residents of North Dakota are to achieve that rating. I mean
after all, I've been to parts of western Kansas and they would be hard to beat. I'm speaking of one particular
town where everybody looked like they were related and I'm not talking about by marriage.

N7RJD
01-26-2011, 08:33 PM
We got fatal car crashes. I suppose it could be worse.
At least we didn't get something like the most raped sheep.

PA5COR
01-26-2011, 08:58 PM
The people in Greece don't like "stiff" competition ;)

We got fatal car crashes. I suppose it could be worse.
At least we didn't get something like the most raped sheep.

VK3ZL
01-27-2011, 12:49 AM

Nor those in New Zealand....;)

Bob..VK3ZL..

N2NH
01-27-2011, 07:32 AM
Wow, I've never seen so much lib'rul BS in one pic. Lookit flyover country. It's like the 32 deadliest sins. You don't for one moment think I believe that America's reddest are full of vice do ya?
:snicker:

N8YX
01-27-2011, 08:14 AM
I'll gladly trade being labeled a "nerd" for any of the others.

In light of all that, Ohio doesn't seem too bad :yes:

N2NH
01-27-2011, 08:18 AM
I'll gladly trade being labeled a "nerd" for any of the others.

In light of all that, Ohio doesn't seem too bad :yes:

True. I mean, who remembers the Kent State massacre anymore? In fact, looking at it from today's perspective, Ohio seems... ahead of it's time in the treatment of Liberals back then.

ab1ga
01-27-2011, 11:48 AM
I'm disappointed. Living in the land of the Scarlet Letter and burnings at the stake, and the best Massachusetts can do is have lousy drivers?
And New Hamster has the highest corporate taxes! New Hamster, for crying out loud!

W5RB
01-27-2011, 11:55 AM
I'm disappointed. Living in the land of the Scarlet Letter and burnings at the stake, and the best Massachusetts can do is have lousy drivers?
And New Hamster has the highest corporate taxes! New Hamster, for crying out loud!

Those Hamsters oughta be glad they're not in Washington state .

http://johngushue.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451f25369e2010536134fe4970b-800wi

N8YX
01-27-2011, 11:58 AM
True. I mean, who remembers the Kent State massacre anymore?
I know a few folks who were there at the time...as students, police and onlookers.

The 'rock-throwing innocents' were anything but.

Even still, we don't seem to be plagued with the perpetual set of "R vs D; Red vs Blue" issues that some other regions of the country seemingly cannot move past. It could be that the residents of this area learned a bit about mutual cooperation - peace - coexistence from the event, while the rest of the country continually uses it as a match to a tinderbox.

ab1ga
01-27-2011, 11:59 AM
As I've grown older, I believe I've become a better driver.
I've also gotten fatter...

Lousy driving is the key to eternal youth! Get the kids off the street, I'm going driving!

N8YX
01-27-2011, 12:00 PM
Those Hamsters oughta be glad they're not in Washington state...
....where a horse is a horse, of course...unless it's starring in the Mr. Hands video. :roll: :sick:

w2amr
01-27-2011, 05:36 PM
Speaking of Jimmy Buffet...
He did a serious faceplant, tumbling of the stage in Sydney yesterday. Messed him up pretty good.

Probably got dizzy from playing the same song for 30 years.

N4VGB
01-27-2011, 06:40 PM
Probably got dizzy from playing the same song for 30 years.

Watch it George! I still play all those songs.:clap:

Don't be insulting Jimmy!:hand:

N7RJD
01-27-2011, 07:34 PM

Nor those in New Zealand....;)

Bob..VK3ZL..

I have no problems ribbing the Wyoming guys given that I am not a native, I just answer the jokes by saying "That's the natives."

They say the guys in Wyoming wear button fly jeans because the sound of the zipper from behind scares the sheep.

suddenseer
01-27-2011, 08:48 PM
Yeah , I'm thinking about a move to the four corners area ......I read a couple of your posts, I may disagree with, BUT I LOVE the way you THINK!!!:mrgreen:

W5RB
01-27-2011, 09:12 PM
I read a couple of your posts, I may disagree with, BUT I LOVE the way you THINK!!!:mrgreen:

I'm disagreeable by nature . If you agreed with me very often , you'd be tryin' too hard . :-)

w2amr
01-28-2011, 03:47 AM
Watch it George! I still play all those songs.:clap:

Don't be insulting Jimmy!:hand:SONG . Why did he record more than 1?