PDA

View Full Version : why lock the football thread?

kb2crk
01-24-2011, 08:24 AM
football season is not over but the thread is locked?????
is this a liberal conspiracy against the Pittsburgh Steelers?
i thought the Rooney's were accepted by the liberals being the liberal democrats they are themselves.
i can understand locking personal attacks and some other questionable threads but a football thread?
Because you dont like the outcome of the games?
stop being a sore looser and accept the fact that the Steelers are truly Americas blue collar team......

W4GPL
01-24-2011, 08:33 AM
I believe Luke made a mistake. It's easy to lock threads accidentally..

Waiting for clarification though. :)

kb2crk
01-24-2011, 08:38 AM
wow that was a quick reply.....lol

WØTKX
01-24-2011, 09:42 AM
The Redskins made him do it? :mrgreen:

W3WN
01-24-2011, 09:48 AM
If he's such a Redskins fan, I can get him nice tickets to see the Nationals.

And no picking on the Rooneys. C'mon, give 'em a break. Ambassador Rooney is starting to look more and more like his dad, you could see it when he accepted the AFC Championship trophy last night.

N8YX
01-24-2011, 09:50 AM
Is Frank loose at the keyboard again? :chin:

ki4itv
01-24-2011, 09:52 AM
The XYL (a veins in her teeth football guru) decided early on that our kids have to be Redskins fans for at least 3 years before making up their own minds.
She insisted that it builds character and teaches them to accept losses gracefully. :lol:

BTW: I'm wearing a Redskins jacket now.

W3WN
01-24-2011, 09:54 AM
The XYL (a veins in her teeth football guru) decided early on that our kids have to be Redskins fans for at least 3 years before making up their own minds.
She insisted that it builds character and teaches them to accept losses gracefully. :lol:

BTW: I'm wearing a Redskins jacket now.
Glutton for punishment?

(Remember, this comes from a Pirates season ticket holder, so I know something about the subject)

kb2crk
01-24-2011, 10:00 AM
i was not picking on the Rooney's. it is very rare in this day and age to see any one family own a franchise from it's creation through today.
i have nothing but respect for team owners that will stick with a set of standards and stand behind their coaches the way they do.
the steelers have had 4 coaches in my lifetime? there are teams that have had almost that many in a couple years.
i only remember three as Chuck Noll was head coach when i became a fan of the team at 6 years old.
Mike Tomlin has done a great job as head coach and keeping the Steelers in the running.
many a team falls apart with a change in coaching. the Steelers just keep going.....

KA5PIU
01-24-2011, 10:29 AM
Hello.

In Texas, the new owners of the Dallas Cowboys dumped Tom Landry like a rock and everyone freaked, but it was time.
Tom Landry was no longer able to have a conversation, leave alone coach a football team.
But it could have been done better.

w3bny
01-24-2011, 10:37 AM

Y'all didnt hire "Secret Squirrel" for the admin team did you?

ad4mg
01-24-2011, 07:28 PM
Operator error. Woke up too early (0350), and drank too much coffee (1 pot). Plus, I'm inherently stupid in the mornings, especially Mondays.

Mondays suck. :squint:

WA4TM
01-24-2011, 07:43 PM
That's why I do my best to avoid mornings, any of them!!!:lol:

Operator error. Woke up too early (0350), and drank too much coffee (1 pot). Plus, I'm inherently stupid in the mornings, especially Mondays.

kb2crk
01-24-2011, 07:49 PM

its ok we forgive you......lol

KØWVM
01-24-2011, 08:44 PM
They need to do a better job at getting that field to stay in better shape from November on. It looks like crap and even looked terrible yesterday. Some people commented during the game on TV that their field always looks bad this time of year. One would think Field Turf or equivalent would be a viable replacement at the Ketchup bowl.

N7RJD
01-24-2011, 11:09 PM
football season is not over but the thread is locked?????
is this a liberal conspiracy against the Pittsburgh Steelers?
i thought the Rooney's were accepted by the liberals being the liberal democrats they are themselves.
i can understand locking personal attacks and some other questionable threads but a football thread?
Because you dont like the outcome of the games?
stop being a sore looser and accept the fact that the Steelers are truly Americas blue collar team......

The Steelers only made it to the Super Bowl for one reason.

Because somebody has to lose.

W3WN
01-24-2011, 11:10 PM
They need to do a better job at getting that field to stay in better shape from November on. It looks like crap and even looked terrible yesterday. Some people commented during the game on TV that their field always looks bad this time of year. One would think Field Turf or equivalent would be a viable replacement at the Ketchup bowl.
Forget it. They hold the WPIAL high school championships, 4 games back to back, on that field. Wrecks it every year.

This year, the Winter Classic did major damage to the turf. The NHL paid, handsomely, for the turf to be replaced as soon as the Classic was over. It WAS in good shape before the game against Modell's Meatballs. Was.

There's something about that mix. Strange. Did you see how the sand would fly when people hit that turf, or ran on that turf? But, that's what the Rooney's want, and that's what they get.

KØWVM
01-24-2011, 11:54 PM
Forget it. They hold the WPIAL high school championships, 4 games back to back, on that field. Wrecks it every year.

This year, the Winter Classic did major damage to the turf. The NHL paid, handsomely, for the turf to be replaced as soon as the Classic was over. It WAS in good shape before the game against Modell's Meatballs. Was.

There's something about that mix. Strange. Did you see how the sand would fly when people hit that turf, or ran on that turf? But, that's what the Rooney's want, and that's what they get.

Yeah, I saw that last night. Bizzare and not many places have real grass anymore either.

N2NH
01-25-2011, 12:39 AM

Frank sure gets around. (http://forums2.qrz.com/member.php?422983-FRANK) Must be part gremlin.

w2amr
01-25-2011, 01:28 PM
I believe Luke made a mistake. It's easy to lock threads accidentally..

Waiting for clarification though. :)He didn't get his quota of cat videos that morning, and it screwed him up.

N4VGB
01-25-2011, 01:39 PM
You guys are cruel. Poor Luke went 0 for 2 Sunday, that's reason enough to lock the thread. It silences the peanut gallery.

W3WN
01-25-2011, 01:48 PM
0 for 2? Big deal. Trying being a Pirates season ticket holder.

W4RLR
01-25-2011, 02:23 PM
0 for 2? Big deal. Trying being a Pirates season ticket holder.Or a Dolphins season ticket holder.

w2amr
01-25-2011, 02:33 PM
0 for 2? Big deal. Trying being a Pirates season ticket holder.I know how you feel, you should see the bums we have for starting pitchers this year. :mrgreen:

NQ6U
01-25-2011, 02:38 PM
The Padres are going to suck even worse than usual this season.

W3WN
01-25-2011, 03:19 PM
Or a Dolphins season ticket holder.

The Dolphins don't have 18 losing seasons under their belt, with a 95 % probability of making it an even 20.

W2NAP
01-25-2011, 03:20 PM
i must say go steelers

kb2crk
01-25-2011, 03:24 PM
again i will say...
GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

KØWVM
01-25-2011, 05:11 PM
Or a Dolphins season ticket holder.

Like the guy who put up his allegiance to the Bungles on ebay to cheer for another team. It actually sold for $499.00 and it was shown on Leno the other night but didn't say who he became a fan of. Funny Stuff

W3WN
01-25-2011, 08:54 PM
The Bungles are already having an interesting off-season.

News reports claim that Carson Palmer (their star QB) has demanded a trade, and is threatening to retire if he doesn't get it.

And they further claim that the team has turned his request for a trade down cold.

Well, there will be more than a few QB's looking for work. I think there's a guy named Farve who might be available...

kb2crk
01-26-2011, 01:05 AM
The Bungles are already having an interesting off-season.

News reports claim that Carson Palmer (their star QB) has demanded a trade, and is threatening to retire if he doesn't get it.

And they further claim that the team has turned his request for a trade down cold.

Well, there will be more than a few QB's looking for work. I think there's a guy named Farve who might be available...

farve needs to stay retired...
palmer was over rated when they picked him up, let him go.