PDA

View Full Version : Football

k0ews
01-23-2011, 09:54 AM
Today's the day we find out who's going to the Super Bowl. Who will it be? Steelers or Jets? Bears or Packers? I've followed football my whole life and can honestly say I've never been less interested in the outcome. Of course, that's because I'm a Vikings fan. Half of me likes the fact that it's two NFC North teams playing, the other half of me thinks it sucks. So, here it is:
Teams I'm rooting for: Packers and Jets (They have former Iowa players, Brian Bullaga(GB) and Shonn Greene(NY)) Teams I'm picking: Bears and Steelers (They're both at home) Team I'd like to see win it all: J-E-T-S Jets! Jets! Jets! Of course, if they don't, I won't care too much.
What are your picks?

kb2crk
01-23-2011, 11:24 AM
GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!`

WX7P
01-23-2011, 11:27 AM
Gotta go with the Packers.

Aaron Rodgers, University of California, Berkeley.

KJ3N
01-23-2011, 11:31 AM
:sleep:

ad4mg
01-23-2011, 11:53 AM
Packers 24 - Bears 31 (in overtime)

Jets 17 - Steelers 3

WX7P
01-23-2011, 11:59 AM
Boo!

ki4itv
01-23-2011, 12:09 PM
What are your picks?

I don't know. Let me go ask my wife.
srsly. :lol:

NQ6U
01-23-2011, 12:11 PM
Go Chargers!

(...What??)

ad4mg
01-23-2011, 12:20 PM
Boo!
I like the Packers, but I feel like the Bears will wear 'em down at the end of the game. This will be the best game of the day.

binEatinRottenburgers is gonna fall flat on his ass today. :lol:

W4GPL
01-23-2011, 12:23 PM

Jets 17 - Steelers 3Sounds about right to me. I think the Steelers will put a few more points in the board.

w2amr
01-23-2011, 12:24 PM

Jets 17 - Steelers 3No way Jose, this week the jets will run out of fuel and come crashing back to earth.

N9FE
01-23-2011, 12:30 PM
Luke how hard did you hit your head. Packers-Steelers in da Super bowl !!!!

k0ews
01-23-2011, 01:14 PM
Gotta go with the Packers.

Aaron Rodgers, University of California, Berkeley.

OMG. You and my brother, AC0H (remember him?) agree on something! He just got done telling me how the Pack would dominate and how the Vikings were pussies who played inside, etc., etc. He's the ultimate Cheesehead. He HATES the Bears, and is geeked up about this game today like I've never seen him before!
I really do like Aaron Rodgers, however. He has really done quite a job since taking over from Favre. I think the Bears will win, but if anyone can beat them outside today, it's the Pack. By the way, the forecast high for today in Chi-town is 18 degrees. Ouch!

W3WN
01-23-2011, 06:11 PM
< snip >
Writing this at the 2 minute warning...

Up until a few minutes ago, I'd have thought you were nutz. The Bears didn't do anything for most of the game, but then the Packers didn't either after those first two touchdowns.

Next thing I know, it's 14 - 7 Packers, then 21 - 7 Packers, then 21-14 Packers. And the Bears went for it on 4th down and are driving down the field.

You may be on to something here...

< snip >
Jets 17 - Steelers 3
Aw, c'mon. Not on Myron's birthday.

It's too close to call (IMHO) but I think the score's going to be closer than that!

Edit: 1 minute to go, 4th down, and da Bears throw an interception? Yoi and double yoi!

ad4mg
01-23-2011, 06:16 PM
Writing this at the 2 minute warning...

Up until a few minutes ago, I'd have thought you were nutz. The Bears didn't do anything for most of the game, but then the Packers didn't either after those first two touchdowns.

Next thing I know, it's 14 - 7 Packers, then 21 - 7 Packers, then 21-14 Packers. And the Bears went for it on 4th down and are driving down the field.

You may be on to something here...

Aw, c'mon. Not on Myron's birthday.

It's too close to call (IMHO) but I think the score's going to be closer than that!

Edit: 1 minute to go, 4th down, and da Bears throw an interception? Yoi and double yoi!
Naw, da Bears went down in flames. Cutler looked beat up when he came on the field at the beginning of the game.

W5IEI
01-23-2011, 06:49 PM
Luke,you were right,the Bears did wear down the Pack,but they pulled it off!
Now
Go Jets!!!!!

kb2crk
01-23-2011, 07:22 PM
Luke,you were right,the Bears did wear down the Pack,but they pulled it off!
Now
Go Jets!!!!!

To Hell with the JETS!!!
Go STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!
7 to 0 at he end of the first.

W5IEI
01-23-2011, 07:45 PM
The Jets are really sucking!!!

ad4mg
01-23-2011, 07:57 PM
The Jets are really sucking!!!
Mendenhall is killing them. He's not running around the Jets, he's running through them!

I may end up 0 for 2 today.

W4RLR
01-23-2011, 08:02 PM
Luke how hard did you hit your head. Packers-Steelers in da Super bowl !!!! Ditto.

W3WN
01-23-2011, 08:36 PM
Mendenhall is killing them. He's not running around the Jets, he's running through them!

Well, I'm not going to say this too loud when I go back upstairs, but it ain't over yet.

Just ask the 1992 Pirates about NLCS Game 7 in Atlanta. They never recovered from that.

KA5PIU
01-23-2011, 09:20 PM
Hello.

American football is boring, what with 4 quarters and several time outs, a pre-game show and a halftime show, why not a ballet while they are at it?
How about this, equip a football with a small nuclear device.
The ball must be in play 95% of the time or somebody gets to buy a new stadium.
The team that wins gets fame and fortune.
Boiled in oil is the other option.
Since this game will always end with 50% fewer football players than before we need an incentive.
Anyone tho has been convicted of a bad crime gets the death penalty.
The way out is to die, or play football, and a 50/50 chance to live.
The coach gets to carry a pistol, and replace as needed his players.
Now THAT is something everyone would want to watch.
But, would YOUR city want to host a game?

KC9ECI
01-23-2011, 09:26 PM
Da Pack!

N7RJD
01-23-2011, 09:47 PM
Hello.

American football is boring, what with 4 quarters and several time outs, a pre-game show and a halftime show, why not a ballet while they are at it?
Since this game will always end with 50% fewer football players than before we need an incentive.

Now you're talking a Broncos game that I'd watch...On TV!

W3WN
01-23-2011, 09:54 PM
Hello.

Cowthief, that is nothing but a pile of Sour Grapes and other things that I'm too polite to say in a public forum.

Go cry for the Cowgirls.

I TOLD you guys that they were the Dog Ass Jets!

I also told you it'd be close, but what a game!

http://iheartpgh.com/2011/01/19/pittsburgh-steelers-polka-2011/
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/photos?gameId=310123023&photoId=1081024
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/photos?gameId=310123023&photoId=1081024#photo_1081025
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/photos?gameId=310123023&photoId=1081024#photo_1081026

Happy Birthday Myron, wherever you are.

W4GPL
01-23-2011, 10:13 PM
Up until a few minutes ago, I'd have thought you were nutz. The Bears didn't do anything for most of the game, but then the Packers didn't either after those first two touchdowns.Normally I'd agree, but after the NYJ @ Chi game at the end of the regular season, the two best defenses in the NFL, I changed my tune.

W3WN
01-23-2011, 10:35 PM
Well, if you'd asked me this morning, I would have leaned towards da Bears over the Farve-less Packers, but not by much.

I thought I heard mention that Cutler got knocked out of the game? That can be tough on any team.

N4VGB
01-23-2011, 11:35 PM

Yep. :lol:

W7XF
01-24-2011, 12:06 AM
Yep. :lol:

..- ... ... ... .-- - ..-. --..--

n6hcm
01-24-2011, 06:14 AM
What are your picks?

i pick roethlisburger (sp?) ... nothing to do with football, tho.

N9FE
01-24-2011, 07:04 AM
Well, if you'd asked me this morning, I would have leaned towards da Bears over the Farve-less Packers, but not by much.

I thought I heard mention that Cutler got knocked out of the game? That can be tough on any team. The Word Here is.. BRETT WHO ????

N9FE
01-24-2011, 07:06 AM
If the packer play in two weeks like they played the bears, They don't stand a chance. That was a very ugly game. I know it was a win. But very bad play all around.

ad4mg
01-24-2011, 07:55 AM
Well, Cutler bowed out before the National Anthem, and Rodgers, along with a newly discovered running game, was the difference. I couldn't stomach much of the Steelers game. Just not a fan.

You guys should know better than to take advice from a life long Redskins fan ...

Now, for my XLV Super Bowl pick: Green Bay 27 - Pittsburgh Steelers 13

Take it to the bank, babeee! :-D

ad4mg
01-24-2011, 12:04 PM
All,

I may have accidentally locked this thread this morning. For mods/admins, double-clicking the topic locks it. My apologies for the error!

W3WN
01-24-2011, 12:08 PM
I'll forgive you... after proper penance.

Call 202-640-7651 and tell the nice young man on the other end of the phone that you'd like tickets to the Washington National's games.

Unlike the Redskins, at least they actually play IN DC!

kb2crk
01-24-2011, 12:10 PM
i guess i can forgive the hate towards the Steelers this time...lol

W3WN
01-24-2011, 12:14 PM
i guess i can forgive the hate towards the Steelers this time...lol

I take it then that you don't want me to pick up an 2010 AFC Championship T-shirt for your collection?

w2amr
01-24-2011, 12:18 PM
All,

I may have accidentally locked this thread this morning. For mods/admins, double-clicking the topic locks it. My apologies for the error!You probably got all flustered while locking my thread.:neener::lol:

kb2crk
01-24-2011, 12:24 PM
I take it then that you don't want me to pick up an 2010 AFC Championship T-shirt for your collection?

i'll wait for the super bowl shirt in a couple weeks....lol
and i dont have a collection. the ex wife destroyed most of my steelers stuff years ago..... damn redskins fan she was.
i have one new hat i got for christmas this year....

W3WN
01-24-2011, 12:48 PM
i'll wait for the super bowl shirt in a couple weeks....lol
and i dont have a collection. the ex wife destroyed most of my steelers stuff years ago..... damn redskins fan she was.
i have one new hat i got for christmas this year....
The boss asked 2 years ago what I wanted for my birthday. I asked for a Steelers golf shirt with a Superbowl logo or insignia on it.

She got me the Superbowl (no specific teams) shirt. Damn thing was in Seahawks colors.

It's still hanging in the closet. Unworn.

Christmas 2009, she got me a Penguins shirt. XXL. She never noticed the size, and the local Dick's Sporting Goods was out of them in XL, so it never got exchanged. Another closet hanger.

This year, she got replica Jerseys for Polamalu, Harrison, and Ward. 2 for herself, one for Little Miss Field Day. She wasn't sure which player I wanted, so she didn't get me one... but promised that she would on her next shopping trip. Right. I'm not holding my breath.

I did get myself a replica Stargell jersey last year, off of eBay. I think I wore it twice before she "borrowed" it.

We won't even discuss the Penguins shirts, tie, and other whatnot that mysteriously migrated to DC with my son.

I've given up trying to get anything. Somehow, it never lasts.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch... Barely over 12 hours, and already there's about 250 combinations you can buy online. (I know, all the virtual images were ready ahead of time, actually printed merchandise?) The ugly official T-Shirts start at $20. I don't need one that badly.

ad4mg
01-24-2011, 04:46 PM
You probably got all flustered while locking my thread.:neener::lol:
No chit, I had waited for that opportunity for a long time ... :-D

Explanation #1:
vBulletin must be very proud of their thread lock feature. There are like 4 different ways to lock threads and forums. One is via a check box in the 'additional options' form on the advanced editing page. There is also an identical check box for turning off your signature, which I try to do when I'm posting outside of the FZ. They are fairly close to one another. I must have gotten click happy for a moment.

Explanation #2:
Stupid administrator trick.

Somebody start a poll ... :lol:

N4VGB
01-24-2011, 04:52 PM
You probably got all flustered while locking my thread.:neener::lol:

What are you complaining about? It took me and thee all of 30 seconds to have our posts deleted on a brand new web board!:lol:

Could that be a record???:chin:

w2amr
01-24-2011, 05:03 PM
What are you complaining about? It took me and thee all of 30 seconds to have our posts deleted on a brand new web board!:lol:

Could that be a record???:chin:Nothing like making a good first impression.:lol:

w2amr
01-24-2011, 05:07 PM
No chit, I had waited for that opportunity for a long time ... :-D

Explanation #1:
vBulletin must be very proud of their thread lock feature. There are like 4 different ways to lock threads and forums. One is via a check box in the 'additional options' form on the advanced editing page. There is also an identical check box for turning off your signature, which I try to do when I'm posting outside of the FZ. They are fairly close to one another. I must have gotten click happy for a moment.

Explanation #2:
Stupid administrator trick.

Somebody start a poll ... :lol:Wow, you do have yer problems in the morning. I'll try to find some more cat videos for you, maybe it will help. :lol:

N4VGB
01-24-2011, 05:12 PM
Nothing like making a good first impression.:lol:

:lol::lol:We certainly seem to have done that!:lol::lol:

Have you noticed the process for banning over there? It's put up to a poll of the membership!:yes:

Oy vey will that be interesting!

KC9ECI
01-24-2011, 05:19 PM

Could that be a record???:chin:

I'm afraid to ask you what you said that was so offensive.

N4VGB
01-24-2011, 05:27 PM
I'm afraid to ask you what you said that was so offensive.

You know how that "knobs" thing is on QRZ?

Reference to W3HM/Howard Mills and his "polished can" thing he does on his Collins restorations is verboten on one board now.

w2amr
01-24-2011, 05:29 PM
:lol::lol:We certainly seem to have done that!:lol::lol:

Have you noticed the process for banning over there? It's put up to a poll of the membership!:yes:

What, All 20 of them?:nono:

N8GAV
01-24-2011, 06:04 PM
I froze my ass off at Heinz Field last night!! Did not get home until 2am, found out that at 10 degrees knee replacment gets cold also, and freezes.But what a Game.

N8GAV
01-24-2011, 06:33 PM
BTW for all you Big Ben bashers and Jets fans ............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBu5dJ4lBR0

N4VGB
01-24-2011, 06:35 PM
What, All 20 of them?:nono:

47 as of today. I doubt this one garnered members any quicker at startup? Not to mention it is limited by being dedicated to one mode of operation.:chin:

N4VGB
01-24-2011, 06:37 PM

Oh my, that's gotta sting!:lol:

suddenseer
01-24-2011, 06:44 PM
I froze my ass off at Heinz Field last night!! Did not get home until 2am, found out that at 10 degrees knee replacment gets cold also, and freezes.But what a Game.It was not quite the 'freezer bowl' Bengals/Chargers?' It was 27 deg below zero no windchill factor. Several drunk fans died from exposure. BTW, I just saw on my local news that the 'terible towels' are made in Wisconsin be advised. I have never been to a post season game, good deal Hank I am glad you have that experience under your belt.

N8GAV
01-24-2011, 07:07 PM
It was not quite the 'freezer bowl' Bengals/Chargers?' It was 27 deg below zero no windchill factor. Several drunk fans died from exposure. BTW, I just saw on my local news that the 'terible towels' are made in Wisconsin be advised. I have never been to a post season game, good deal Hank I am glad you have that experience under your belt.

It was my first post season game Tim , and I will never forget it. I have been to Browns games, Steelers games, and to seen the Ravens play but have yet got to see Cinci play. Seen the Reds play at old River Front, so have to see the Bengals some day. Browns Stadium can get C O L D when the wind whips across Lake Erie.

W4GPL
01-24-2011, 07:11 PM
Everything is C O L D when it involves winter time, wind, and Lake Erie. :)

N8GAV
01-24-2011, 07:20 PM
Everything is C O L D when it involves winter time, wind, and Lake Erie. :)

Amen, now pass the blanket Jeff :)

suddenseer
01-24-2011, 07:59 PM
It was my first post season game Tim , and I will never forget it. I have been to Browns games, Steelers games, and to seen the Ravens play but have yet got to see Cinci play. Seen the Reds play at old River Front, so have to see the Bengals some day. Browns Stadium can get C O L D when the wind whips across Lake Erie.My first football game was the Browns vs. the Packers I think. The old municipal stadium. I was in agony in a thin jacket. Paul Brown was the head coach. There was not a Bengals team yet. I think the NFL, and AFL were still separate leagues then. Damn, I must be getting old.

W3WN
01-24-2011, 08:30 PM

Nice.

W4GPL
01-30-2011, 08:45 PM
The AFC knows they're supposed to send their best players, right?

42 - 0 before half time.. egads.

N4VGB
01-30-2011, 10:59 PM

It is the Pro Bowl, wouldn't want to break a finger nail.

kb2crk
01-30-2011, 11:43 PM

the afc's best players are waiting for the super bowl....