PDA

View Full Version : Well, it's been a long time

KJ3N
01-21-2011, 10:45 AM
We had a wonderful wire-haired Daschund / Cockapoo mix for 13 years. He was absolutely the best. He developed a number of medical issues due to Cushings disease, which resulted in kidney failure. We put him to sleep about 6 years ago.

I could not bring myself to get another dog, until I had the opportunity to take care of a Bichon Frise for a couple of months. I have finally decided that it's time to try again. To that end, I have applied to adopt this cute little guy (http://francisvalehome.org/index.php/2011/01/casper/). We'll see if we are approved.

N2CHX
01-21-2011, 10:47 AM
My ex's GF has one of those dogs. Cute, but a bit too yippy for my taste.

KC2UGV
01-21-2011, 10:56 AM
Congrats on the decision to add a new little one to the house :)

N2CHX
01-21-2011, 11:00 AM

That too, lol.

N2CHX
01-21-2011, 11:00 AM

That too, lol.

KJ3N
01-21-2011, 11:06 AM
Is there an echo in here?

N2CHX
01-21-2011, 11:08 AM
Is there an echo in here?

I have no idea how the double post happened. I didn't click twice. Weird.

Chris
01-21-2011, 11:11 AM
hey those guys live like 20+ years so youll have a friend for a long time

w2amr
01-21-2011, 02:46 PM
We had a wonderful wire-haired Daschund / Cockapoo mix for 13 years. He was absolutely the best. He developed a number of medical issues due to Cushings disease, which resulted in kidney failure. We put him to sleep about 6 years ago.

I could not bring myself to get another dog, until I had the opportunity to take care of a Bichon Frise for a couple of months. I have finally decided that it's time to try again. To that end, I have applied to adopt this cute little guy (http://francisvalehome.org/index.php/2011/01/casper/). We'll see if we are approved.Congrats, good choice. High energy though, you are going to be taking plenty of walks.:hyper:

N8YX
01-21-2011, 03:00 PM
Labradoodle for the win.

Our friends have one of those plus a Cockapoo.

Watching the dogs and their two cats get into it is entertaining to say the least. Three of the four fell victim to the laser pointer this past Tuesday. :snicker:

WØTKX
01-21-2011, 03:00 PM
I have a thing for the bigger doggies, but that is a neat breed. They need a job (training and tricks), or they'll go nutso.

I've known several, one of them was a darn good agility dog for a little squirt. Happy little fuzzballs they are!

KG4CGC
01-21-2011, 03:22 PM
Jim, research research research. Some dogs are like having children.
But good luck! I was going to get a medium sized breed but the kids keep coming home and bringing their dogs with them! I have been the caretaker for Siberian Husky for a year and a half and now he is just too strong. Everytime I walk him I get pulled muscles and joints and I promised #2 that if she doesn't take him, I will find a home for him. A dog isn't just a cute toy that you can put back in its box ... but I digress.

W4RLR
01-21-2011, 03:30 PM
I have no idea how the double post happened. I didn't click twice. Weird.Ghost in the machine.

NA4BH
01-21-2011, 03:32 PM
Find a good groomer and have fun.

KJ3N
02-04-2011, 11:24 PM
The adoption fell through last week, but we found this cute little girl tonight at a local pet store. She is almost 5 months old and we hope to have her for many years to come.

PA5COR
02-05-2011, 02:04 AM
Congrats M8, looks cute ;)

rot
02-05-2011, 07:25 AM
I must admit, I tend to go for the big ole sweet galoots myself. We lost our big ole Linus last Thanksgiving. One of my favorite things about Linus was that he could do his face in celebratory moments in which would remsemble a smile of some sort and enhanced with the tail wag, would indeed calm my soul. I still miss that damn dog. Anyway, the misses brought home a sort of an uber hyped terrier to live here about a month ago and she is Betsy. She is bit like a hummingbird...full speed then burn out and snooze. I noticed her the other other day when I got out of the car after work and....she has the exact same face moment with the tail wag.
Linus has come home.
rot