PDA

View Full Version : Congrats, 'WN on the Steelers!

W1GUH
01-15-2011, 09:43 PM
What? No posts about the Steelers win yet? Cool! Go Steelers. But still looking for a Pats/Bears superbowl.

W3WN
01-15-2011, 10:08 PM
What? No posts about the Steelers win yet? Cool! Go Steelers. But still looking for a Pats/Bears superbowl.
Well, I am more of a baseball fan. (And yet I work for a minority owner of the Penguins)

That said, you must not have seen the comment in the TSA thread yet. Ben's Boys had us worried, especially after that screwy fumble recovery... for a moment, I thought I was seeing a remake of the last touchdown in M*A*S*H... but Modell's Meatballs came through as I expected they would.

Now, the question is which rematch we root for... will the Dog Ass Jets upset the New England Cheaters? Either will be tough.

Meanwhile, for your reading pleasure...

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11015/1118317-100.stm
http://communityvoices.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports/bob-smiziks-blog/27049-steelers-rally-to-beat-ravens-31-24
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11015/1118246-471.stm

W1GUH
01-15-2011, 10:42 PM
Well, I am more of a baseball fan. (And yet I work for a minority owner of the Penguins)

That said, you must not have seen the comment in the TSA thread yet. Ben's Boys had us worried, especially after that screwy fumble recovery... for a moment, I thought I was seeing a remake of the last touchdown in M*A*S*H... but Modell's Meatballs came through as I expected they would.

Now, the question is which rematch we root for... will the Dog Ass Jets upset the New England Cheaters? Either will be tough.

Meanwhile, for your reading pleasure...

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11015/1118317-100.stm
http://communityvoices.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports/bob-smiziks-blog/27049-steelers-rally-to-beat-ravens-31-24
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11015/1118246-471.stm

Thanks. I'll check out those links when I"m sober!

W3WN
01-15-2011, 10:47 PM
Thanks. I'll check out those links when I"m sober!

Sober? What fun is that?

KC9ECI
01-15-2011, 11:25 PM
All I have to say is 'Go Pack!'

W3WN
01-16-2011, 12:26 AM
All I have to say is 'Go Pack!'
I figured the Falcones would have their hands full... but this? They played like they were the night crew at Home Depot!

suddenseer
01-16-2011, 11:21 AM
*yawn* Pitchers & Catchers report to camp in about 5 weeks I think. There is hope for the next season.

NQ6U
01-16-2011, 11:27 AM
*yawn* Pitchers & Catchers report to camp in about 5 weeks I think. There is hope for the next season.

Unless you're a Padres fan. They've sold off their best players, including Adrian Gonzales because the management doesn't want to pay for him as a free agent. Looks like no better than third place next season.

N2NH
01-16-2011, 12:02 PM
Unless you're a Padres fan. They've sold off their best players, including Adrian Gonzales because the management doesn't want to pay for him as a free agent. Looks like no better than third place next season.

Yet another season that the Yanks will have a patchwork starting staff of pitchers now that they haven't been able to get a good arm. It might not be as bad as the Pods, but in the AL East, the result might be the same.

Good win for the Steelers, hope the Jets pull it off. If they do, it will make them the upset team of the year after beating the Dolts. I'm not so sure that's going to happen, but I'm looking for a Steelers-Jets Super Bowl. Although the Bears are IMHO not as good as the Pack or Steelers, I think the Jets would have a harder time playing them.

suddenseer
01-16-2011, 12:28 PM
Unless you're a Padres fan. They've sold off their best players, including Adrian Gonzales because the management doesn't want to pay for him as a free agent. Looks like no better than third place next season.Maybe the Padre's would make the NLCS if they would lose those tacky khaki uniforms.

http://www.wcbias.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Camo.jpg

NQ6U
01-16-2011, 12:31 PM
Maybe the Padre's would make the NLCS if they would lose those tacky khaki uniforms.

I think it will take more than that. Divine Intervention, perhaps--no San Diego sports team (MLB, NFL, NBA) has ever won a major championship.

suddenseer
01-16-2011, 12:38 PM
I think it will take more than that. Divine Intervention, perhaps--no San Diego sports team (MLB, NFL, NBA) has ever won a major championship.I understand what you are saying, and feel your pain. I was a teenager during the 'Big Red Machine' days. I grew up expecting that kind of performance. That was a different day, the players were closer to the working class than the multi millionaires today. Smaller markets like Cincy can only hope for a fluke year like 1990.

W3WN
01-16-2011, 02:49 PM
You mean the Padres are following the model set by the Pirates? Who knew there'd be competition in the futility department.

PirateFest is in 2 weekends. As Season Ticket Holders, we get early admittance Friday afternoon, as special STH-only session. Little Miss Field Day is all ready to talk to the new skipper; she's going to tell Clint Hurdle that she's not going to listen to what he says, she wants to see what he's going to do.

Smart kid. But I don't expect much this year. Keeps the inevitable disappointment to a minimum.

W3WN
01-16-2011, 02:50 PM
Yet another season that the Yanks will have a patchwork starting staff of pitchers now that they haven't been able to get a good arm. It might not be as bad as the Pods, but in the AL East, the result might be the same.

Good win for the Steelers, hope the Jets pull it off. If they do, it will make them the upset team of the year after beating the Dolts. I'm not so sure that's going to happen, but I'm looking for a Steelers-Jets Super Bowl. Although the Bears are IMHO not as good as the Pack or Steelers, I think the Jets would have a harder time playing them.
A Steelers-Jets Super Bowl? Can't happen. But I'd love to see a Steelers-Jets rematch to decide the AFC.

W3WN
01-16-2011, 02:52 PM
I think it will take more than that. Divine Intervention, perhaps--no San Diego sports team (MLB, NFL, NBA) has ever won a major championship.Ah. So San Diego is the West Coast version of Cleveland?

NQ6U
01-16-2011, 03:17 PM
Ah. So San Diego is the West Coast version of Cleveland?

Cleveland with better weather and beaches, although the Indians have won at least a couple of World Series even if the last time was 1954--years before the Padres even made it to the major leagues.

W1GUH
01-17-2011, 01:31 PM
I think it will take more than that. Divine Intervention, perhaps--no San Diego sports team (MLB, NFL, NBA) has ever won a major championship.

Well, they did win one game in the '84 World Series!

NQ6U
01-17-2011, 02:37 PM
Well, they did win one game in the '84 World Series!

Yeah. They've been to the World Series twice (in 1984 and 1998 ), played a grand total of nine Series games--and lost eight of them.

W3WN
01-17-2011, 04:15 PM
Well, at least I have the Yankees. I just can't say that too loud in my house, or the dog has to share the couch.

W1GUH
01-17-2011, 06:48 PM
Well, at least I have the Yankees. I just can't say that too loud in my house, or the dog has to share the couch.

"Move it on over."

George Thorogood

NQ6U
01-17-2011, 06:55 PM
"Move it on over."

George Thorogood

Ahem. That's George Thorogood covering Hank Williams.

Kids these days...

W1GUH
01-17-2011, 07:22 PM
Mil Pardon....learned somethig. Thanks!

W3WN
01-17-2011, 08:59 PM
Ahem. That's George Thorogood covering Hank Williams.

Kids these days...

When Monday Night Football was still on ABC, there was at least one year when they had different singers performing the opening theme. When the Steelers had a home game on MNF that year, they insisted that only Hank Williams Jr.'s performance of the MNF theme was acceptable to them.

Thus bringing this full circle.

NQ6U
01-17-2011, 09:05 PM
Hank Williams Jr. ≠ Hank Willams.

W3WN
01-18-2011, 12:27 AM
Hank Williams Jr. ≠ Hank Willams.
No, really? /sarcasm

Moving on...

Tonight's local newscast featured "the latest trash talk"

Q: What do you get when you eat a Roethlisburger?
A: Gang Green :sleep:

Letterman had a better skit on the "NFL Promo" for Sunday's upcoming game.