PDA

View Full Version : Now this looks interesting...

NQ6U
01-04-2011, 10:32 PM
Wouxun (Pronounced roughly as "o-sheeng") is getting ready to market a dual-band 2m-70cm mobile transceiver. If it's anything like the HT they started selling here this year, it could be worthy of consideration.

http://www.wouxun.us/item_images/kg-uv920b.jpg

Linkie to more info here. (http://www.wouxun.us/item.php?item_id=228&page=2) WARNING: I've heard second hand that this site has been hacked and could host some spyware; I use a Mac so it wasn't an issue for me but you Windows users might want to be sure your malware protection is up to date and working correctly.

WX7P
01-05-2011, 12:27 AM
Any clue as to how much?

I'd love to have a 2m/220 version if it was cheap enough.

n6hcm
01-05-2011, 04:34 AM
i didn't run into any spyware there. not a lot in the way of details. have their handhelds been successful?

PA5COR
01-05-2011, 05:42 AM
I have the Wouxun dual band cheap as chips, and to my surprise better reception as the Icom Q7, and the Kenwood TH-F7E
1700mA LiIon battery, lasting a long time, lots of audio for noisy surroundings, programmable with simple cheap ( Kenwood) cable, sturdy, doing all i want from it used professionally with our business fairs, getting a beating every time.
Accessories cheap, th 1700 mA battery is here 20 Euros, a new battery pack for the Kenwood is 79 Euros...
All Kenwood stuff works, microphone/speaker.
Wouxun KG-UVD1 the later ones have even more options, th 2 type etc.

Already have a Alinco DR 605 in the van for the last 8 years, 75 watts on 2 and 50 on 70 cm.
On our trips to France i just added the Yaesu FT 100 and mag mount for a 20 meter antenna, and used the transceiver stationairy while being on Holiday with the MFJ 993B tuner and some wire.

NQ6U
01-05-2011, 11:14 AM
What Cor said about the Wouxun HTs--they've gotten a good reputation. I don't have one myself but a number of my local ham buddies do and they all speak highly of them.

No price set on the dual-band mobile yet but if the HT is any example, it could easily be $100-200 less than something comparable from Yacomwood.

ki4itv
01-05-2011, 11:18 AM
Yacomwood.:lol::lol:

hehe- I guess that's the hardware equivalent to AOR's JourneyOStyxWagon. :lol:

NQ6U
01-05-2011, 02:06 PM
:lol::lol:

hehe- I guess that's the hardware equivalent to AOR's JourneyOStyxWagon. :lol:

I like that! You have to say it out loud to really appreciate it, though.