PDA

View Full Version : Any fishermen out there that use live worms?

NA4BH
01-03-2011, 06:28 PM
If you fish with live worms, let me know. A friend has a neat new invention that will cut your worms and not get the goo all over your hands. He sent me a few samples that I will share with you (while supplies last).

The one thing that I ask of you is, that if you like the product is to take the cardboard label that is attached to the cutter and show it to your bait shop. Maybe we can help him out by word of mouth advertising.

Here is a link to his site (http://unclejackswormslicer.com/)

He is from Wisconsin, so he needs all the help he can get :lol: :lol:

KG4CGC
01-03-2011, 07:46 PM
He's on Stumble Upon now.

NA4BH
01-03-2011, 07:51 PM
Sweet & THANKS!!!!

N7RJD
01-03-2011, 08:32 PM
If I left something called "Worm Slicer" laying around the house I'd have to sleep with one eye open.:rofl:

NQ6U
01-03-2011, 08:52 PM
If I left something called "Worm Slicer" laying around the house I'd have to sleep with one eye open.:rofl:

"...they fired her too."

KC2UGV
01-03-2011, 08:54 PM
Take the cardboard label, drop it in the mail to me, and I'll take it to a couple of bait shops here in WNY :)

NA4BH
01-03-2011, 08:57 PM
Take the cardboard label, drop it in the mail to me, and I'll take it to a couple of bait shops here in WNY :)

I will send you a couple and let you show them off.

K7SGJ
01-03-2011, 09:52 PM
I will send you a couple and let you show them off.

When mine gets here, I'll try it out on a dozen or so worms. I'll send all of both ends back so you can check my work. I want to be sure do it correctly. Do you have a source for small extra sticky bandaids?

kd8dey
01-03-2011, 09:59 PM
Looked at the product page and other than seeing a package that you can't tell what the product looks like much less any info on how it works??

I use "Mr Crawley" when I go catfishing. If he's more than I need when baiting up my hook I just pinch him in two. Quick and no "tool"to loose.

K7SGJ
01-03-2011, 10:06 PM
Looked at the product page and other than seeing a package that you can't tell what the product looks like much less any info on how it works??

I use "Mr Crawley" when I go catfishing. If he's more than I need when baiting up my hook I just pinch him in two. Quick and no "tool"to loose.

Sounds like an okay tool. This other one, however, has a roach clip on it. You can take your time and tie the bug up while being held in the clip correctly the first time, or second, or third.....

KG4CGC
01-03-2011, 10:13 PM
I'm going to guess and say you put the worm in the box and there's probably a couple of points he crosses over or just one in the middle. Close the box and snippy snippy.

n2ize
01-03-2011, 11:08 PM
These days I don't fish anymore. When i did surfc asting I used a Hopkins lure. When I went Flounder fishing I used a flounder rig with live sandworms. Yes there was goo and yes thhey used to nip my fingertips but... it takes rough men to be fishermen. These days i don't fish. Guess that makes me a wimp :)

W1GUH
01-04-2011, 12:18 PM
What????? People are fishing with live worms or night crawlers that don't like the worm-goo on their hands? Isn't that one of the fun parts of fishing? It was for me to put that crawler on a harness. Cheesh! Besides, at least in a boat, it's a simple matter to wash off the worm-goo in the water.

OTOH....in these days when "catch and realease" is the big fad amongst fisher-people, I guess that nobody catches fish to eat anymore, either. They don't know what they're missing!

n2ize
01-04-2011, 01:32 PM
What????? People are fishing with live worms or night crawlers that don't like the worm-goo on their hands? Isn't that one of the fun parts of fishing? It was for me to put that crawler on a harness. Cheesh! Besides, at least in a boat, it's a simple matter to wash off the worm-goo in the water.

OTOH....in these days when "catch and realease" is the big fad amongst fisher-people, I guess that nobody catches fish to eat anymore, either. They don't know what they're missing!

It depends on where they fish. If they don't eat them they may miss cancer, heavy metal poisoning, PCB's, PVC's, residues from the BP spill, bacteria, etc.

I remember not loing ago seeing people trying to fish in the Bronx River. bad idea. I wouldn't want to come into contact with that terribly polluted water let alon eat anything that can still survive in it. it's not natural. it can't even freeze anymore. And, when it does freeze in spots it's like a cloudy yellow wax that forms on the surface. it looks nothing like real ice.

KA9MOT
01-06-2011, 12:36 PM
I still fish for sport, eat all I keep and use allot of worms. We keep everything that is legal 'cept Bluegills. Around here they are so stunted that they are not much bigger then our Catfish Bait and some folks use 'em for Catfish Bait. A Bluegill hole is a wonderful place to teach a kid to like to fish.

KA9MOT
01-06-2011, 12:42 PM
It depends on where they fish. If they don't eat them they may miss cancer, heavy metal poisoning, PCB's, PVC's, residues from the BP spill, bacteria, etc.

I remember not loing ago seeing people trying to fish in the Bronx River. bad idea. I wouldn't want to come into contact with that terribly polluted water let alon eat anything that can still survive in it. it's not natural. it can't even freeze anymore. And, when it does freeze in spots it's like a cloudy yellow wax that forms on the surface. it looks nothing like real ice.

Yuck! The DNR says we have some problems here due to run off from the farms. Nothing like a little Pig Shit and Fertilizer in your favorite fishing hole. Feed the world, poison the locals get RICH!!!

KA9MOT
01-06-2011, 12:45 PM

I agree, more detailed pictures would be nice. Just a larger more detailed picture of the package to make it more readable would help. But an actual picture of the product would be perfect.