PDA

View Full Version : The Chairman is Missing.

WX7P
01-01-2011, 08:26 PM
My cat, Chairman Mao, aka Ho Chi Minh Kitty, has been missing now for 24 hours.

He's not squashed on the road, because W7NPN and I looked.

I think someone might have walked off with him. I'm really distraught.

NQ6U
01-01-2011, 08:28 PM
Shit, that sucks big time. Hope you find him soon.

kc7jty
01-01-2011, 08:40 PM
maybe he's in the hood somewhere?

At the risk of being presumptuous, maybe he's at a friend's enjoying some music...
http://www.qrz.com/hampages/u/b/ke7ybu/luisterkat.gif

hope u gettim back soon.

K7SGJ
01-01-2011, 10:13 PM
Crappy way to have to start a new year. I hope he comes back home soon.

KG4CGC
01-01-2011, 10:43 PM
No! No no no no!
I hope he shows up soon!

N2NH
01-01-2011, 10:53 PM
Maybe he just got distracted and will come back as soon as he gets hungry. Stick a little red book on the porch and see if that works.
;)

KE7DKN
01-01-2011, 11:04 PM
Be sure to check sheds, garages, and other places a kitty can get trapped in. A good flashlight can help when searching in hiding places - look for the eyes.

Good luck.

WØTKX
01-02-2011, 01:11 AM
Milhous disappeared (again, still) for a couple of days. I have been working a lot, so he hangs out with some of the neighbors.

Got a call from one of them today, "oh, he's fine, and he keeps looking for you when you're not home".

Little dork has adopted the whole neighborhood. I miss his furry belly on my feet, his purring is like a massage.

PA5COR
01-02-2011, 03:51 AM
I hope the "chairman" is back soon...
Happens now and then, normally each of the 3 cats are home every day, just now and then to show they are not dependant one neds to stay away over night...
And comes back with an air like see? don't really need you, but now i;'m back what good food can i score now?

w2amr
01-02-2011, 04:52 AM
All kinds of bad things can happen when they are let out to roam. Hope he shows soon.

ad4mg
01-02-2011, 07:28 AM

Is he an older cat? When I used to have cats, I noted that older males would wander away when they felt their time was coming. I hope this is not the case, and that you find him soon!

W5GA
01-02-2011, 07:39 AM
That really sucks Dave. Hope he turns up soon!

N8YX
01-02-2011, 08:18 AM
Is there a substantial coyote population in your area, Dave?

One of their favorite snacks is cat.

W3MIV
01-02-2011, 09:15 AM
Enough with doomsday scenarios. I hope your cat is merely following an excess of hormones and will come home soon.

WV6Z
01-02-2011, 09:51 AM
I hope he makes it home safe and sound Dave.

WØTKX
01-02-2011, 10:18 AM
After three days of catting around Milhous is home, with a dead bird as a gift. It's the longest he's been gone. :dance:
Put up quite a fuss, vocal and jumped right on my lap (rare for him). Paying homage to his bowl right now. Silly little dude!

Some of the neighbors who "adopted him" used to think I was mean because he stays outside so much. Then they got to know him. He'll wake you up at 4AM or so to go outside. One of them complained about it, and I asked if they tried to let him out right after eating, instead of pretending he wants to stay inside with them. He doesn't.

And after about 45 minutes of festivities... he has this meeeeoooowww that means "outside please"! He's guarding the fort, it's his job. :lol:

kb2vxa
01-02-2011, 02:06 PM
Have you looked for him over on teh Zed?

VK3ZL
01-02-2011, 08:06 PM
Has he turned up yet Dave....I hope he comes home soon..

You may remember I posted about a stray that has been hanging around here for 2 years....I was going to destroy him as he was a bit feral...Apparently my neighbors children originally dumped him with them..They didn't want him and left him to roam...Recently he has been coming to the door looking for food...Being the softy's we are we started feeding him...We had a severe lightning storm a few weeks ago and puss was at the back door crying to be let in...Well that settled it....We now have a cat...Called him Puss...He now lives on roast lamb, Chicken and Pork...Get's fed two times a day and sometimes comes inside and takes over an old chair with a cushion...Must be something about animals...Jeannie and I can't resist them...Puss now owns us...I guess a bit of kindness has it's rewards...Hoping he doesn't get bitten by one of the resident Tiger Snakes we have around the garden...BTW he is a very large animal, neutered and quite fit, maybe about 6 years old....

Bob..VK3ZL..

WØTKX
01-02-2011, 08:13 PM
Milhous begging for a belly rub, which he loves. A real "puppycat" :lol:

Click it, the iPhone pic is a little dim, and I tweaked it.

W4RLR
01-02-2011, 09:04 PM
Any news yet, Dave? We have two Meezers here at Casa del Ray.

KC2UGV
01-02-2011, 09:06 PM
Milhous begging for a belly rub, which he loves. A real "puppycat" :lol:

Click it, the iPhone pic is a little dim, and I tweaked it.

I think you misinterpreted Milhous' intentions...

WØTKX
01-02-2011, 09:37 PM
Naa, he got neutered before he ever sprayed or humped. :lol:

He does that all the time to greet humans, if he knows ya.

KG4CGC
01-02-2011, 09:38 PM
I think you misinterpreted Milhous' intentions...
lulz

WØTKX
01-02-2011, 09:40 PM
He does bring a gift home every week or two. And chases snowflakes. I gotta make a movie of that.

Now, where the heck is Chairman Meow?

KA5PIU
01-02-2011, 10:52 PM
Hello.

At one point I had a 48' trailer with a bedroom at each end.
The 2 dark Mexican brothers lived on one end and I lived on the other.
5 Meezers took the space between.
One morning everyone forgot to buy cat food, and ran out.
Somebody called the sheriff out as they thought we had some crying babies!
We did. ;)
After that I always kept an extra stash in the truck and no longer fed from the porch, 5 cats I can keep up with, 20+? no way. ;)

KG4CGC
01-02-2011, 11:07 PM
I've had both male and female cats that have been known to go visit other families. I also had a visitor who had articulated dew claws on each foot. He hung around for about 10 days then took off for a week, then came back for three days then took off again somewhere else. He was probably about 6 or 7 months old at the time.

WX7P
01-03-2011, 12:08 AM
Any news yet, Dave? We have two Meezers here at Casa del Ray.

No, thanks for asking and thanks to everyone else who expressed concern.

I think The Chairman was abducted by someone on New Year's Eve. It was a real bummer because my daughter was here, had a real fun time with the kitty, and all of a sudden he was gone.

Sarah is going to check the pound on Monday, we had him chipped, so if he's there, we'll get him back. BTW, Luke, he's only about 7 months old, so he didn't wander off to die. Loaf (my avatar) did that in Nov. '09.

I just hope that if someone took him, they treat him well. He is a real mellow cat, and deserves a good life. I can't imagine anyone could love him any more than Sarah and I do.

We'll see what happens.

WØTKX
01-03-2011, 12:25 AM
I hope the chip works, but that might take a while. Milhous is chipped.

Maybe some missing kitty posters? Darn kitty may show up at home anyhow.

w8nsi
01-03-2011, 02:10 AM

Hmmm... whenever my neighborhood tom went missing for a while, I figured he was out for a little 'pussy'. He'd turn up eventually.

He did have a bad habit though. He liked to lay down in the road to sun himself and a driver obliged him one day. :(

n6hcm
01-03-2011, 05:34 AM
i'm looking forward to hearing good news about the chairman soon.

i often wonder if keeping my critters inside is a good idea ... i know it makes sense (i'm very near two freeways and the street on which i live is very busy as it is an off-ramp for both freeways), but i know they'd love to be able to go out. *sigh*

w2amr
01-03-2011, 12:14 PM
i'm looking forward to hearing good news about the chairman soon.

i often wonder if keeping my critters inside is a good idea ... i know it makes sense (i'm very near two freeways and the street on which i live is very busy as it is an off-ramp for both freeways), but i know they'd love to be able to go out. *sigh*It's a very good idea, It will help keep them alive. :agree:

NQ6U
01-03-2011, 12:18 PM
After losing our last cat to a car, our current feline unit is kept indoors. She spends a lot of time looking out the window and makes an occasional dash out the door but it's just a playful feint. She only goes a few feet, then stops and waits to be picked up and brought inside.

N8YX
01-03-2011, 12:26 PM
I think The Chairman was abducted by someone on New Year's Eve. It was a real bummer because my daughter was here, had a real fun time with the kitty, and all of a sudden he was gone.
This sounds more plausible than a hungry predator in the area. Most will steer clear of humans, especially large noisy groups of them.

Hope he turns up soon.

N8YX
01-03-2011, 12:27 PM
It's a very good idea, It will help keep them alive. :agree:
+1.

As much as I would like to let ours out to roam, they stay put.

kc7jty
01-03-2011, 02:49 PM
Cats do roam here. All's I need to do is leave my garage door open for a half hour and all the cats in the hood will be in there having a piss contest.

K7SGJ
01-03-2011, 03:07 PM
Cats do roam here. All's I need to do is leave my garage door open for a half hour and all the cats in the hood will be in there having a piss contest.

For distance or accuracy?

NQ6U
01-03-2011, 03:18 PM
This sounds more plausible than a hungry predator in the area. Most will steer clear of humans, especially large noisy groups of them.

You never know about these things. Right here, smack dab in the middle of the southern California megalopolis, one of our neighbors lost a turkey* to coyotes and another's chihuahua might have gone the same route.

*Keeping a small amount of poultry in your back yard is allowed in this town.

W3WN
01-03-2011, 03:42 PM
You never know about these things. Right here, smack dab in the middle of the southern California megalopolis, one of our neighbors lost a turkey* to coyotes and another's chihuahua might have gone the same route.

*Keeping a small amount of poultry in your back yard is allowed in this town.

You should see the wild turkeys that run around the neighborhood. Magnificent looking creatures, but between them and the free-roaming four legged rodents (aka deer), it's a wonder we don't have more predators showing up as well. And yes, there have been reports of coyotes from time to time in neighboring counties...