PDA

View Full Version : Sox

kc7jty
12-28-2010, 03:24 PM
Sox, socks, calcetines, eso si que es...

I've always worn thick, white sweat socks but have noticed no hair growing on the front of my shins, and sometimes I get the itchies there. Bought 1/2 doz of these ankle high thingies and will wear my first pair tomorrow. I hope I get over the initial shock of nakedness OK.

Any of you blokes had any of these old man experiences?

KG4CGC
12-28-2010, 03:32 PM
Winter always brings the wearing off of leg hair. Could be a combination of things. Cold, dry skin, lack of circulation. Could be early signs of medical conditions from diabetes to the new, you need this pill du jour: P.A.D. YMMV.
A breakfest of fruit, nuts and oatmeal may help along with watching your fats and sugars.

suddenseer
12-28-2010, 06:35 PM
Sox, socks, calcetines, eso si que es...

I've always worn thick, white sweat socks but have noticed no hair growing on the front of my shins, and sometimes I get the itchies there. Bought 1/2 doz of these ankle high thingies and will wear my first pair tomorrow. I hope I get over the initial shock of nakedness OK.

Any of you blokes had any of these old man experiences?I noticed everyone I have a conversation with mumbles. Everything I see, and do reminds me of something else, but I forgot what it was.

WØTKX
12-28-2010, 08:42 PM
I started wearing shorty "ankle socks" a few years ago. Very comfy.
I buy cheap thick ones to use those DAMN ugly Crocs as slippers.

Still use (thin) long socks in boots, which I wear for work and skiing...
Those socks typically go above the calf, almost to the knee.

Don't like the ones that are in between, as I have some fairly beefy calf muscles...
And the mid calf ones bug me really yanking on the hairs.

KG4CGC
12-28-2010, 08:51 PM
I noticed everyone I have a conversation with mumbles. Everything I see, and do reminds me of something else, but I forgot what it was.
Yeah, but you eat cookie dough.

W4RLR
12-28-2010, 08:55 PM
I hate ankle socks. The wife bought me some and my feet were always cold. I switched back to the calf high white socks and the feet were warm again. Every month I treat the wife and myself to a foot massage and pedicure at the nail shop at Walmart, nice Chinese ladies who always smile, massage my feet, remove the calluses, and trim my toenails. I walk out feeling like a new man.

WØTKX
12-28-2010, 08:58 PM
Yeah, but you eat cookie dough.

With peanut butter?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh4DATEKFLc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh4DATEKFLc

suddenseer
12-28-2010, 09:13 PM
With peanut butter?Chocolate chips.:yum:

VK3ZL
12-28-2010, 09:29 PM
I have a pair of shins and calves any woman would kill for....Hair all disappeared 20 years ago...There again she might not like my bony knees and big feet...:chin::chin:

Bob..VK3ZL..

kc7jty
12-28-2010, 11:14 PM
Every month I treat the wife and myself to a foot massage and pedicure at the nail shop at Walmart, nice Chinese ladies who always smile, massage my feet, remove the calluses, and trim my toenails. I walk out feeling like a new man.

Sounds like fun. What's it set you back for one person & are you sure they aren't Viet Namese?

kb2vxa
12-29-2010, 03:05 PM
We Korean and silly Westerners don't even know the difference... hee hee hee.

KG4CGC
12-29-2010, 03:36 PM
The Supanoosenphone family is from Laos.

N2NH
12-29-2010, 03:40 PM

This Westerner knows the diffence. The right one is usually bigger.

PA5COR
12-29-2010, 03:54 PM
I hate cold feet.
Long socks made from wool, or at least 50% wool.
I'm past the age i could care how i look, i'm a comfort creature guy now, and not ashamed for it.