PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone from Dan mw0uzo

mw0uzo
12-16-2010, 08:35 PM
Just got registered and validated and would like to say hello!

This place looks like a breath of fresh air, rather than the stale stink of decay wafting around QRZ. I decided to join after reading a thread on Corey's problems personalising his forum account. Seriously, wtf?

Anyway - my intention is to post about worthwhile and interesting stuff, so since my homebrew post on QRZ has started little discussion over a week, I'll try again here in the homebrew section and see what happens.

Dan

NA4BH
12-16-2010, 08:58 PM
Welcome Dan. You will enjoy your time here on the Island, there are a lot of wise guy's (electronic smart) that hang out here. Have fun and grab your favorite beverage at the Tiki Bar. Again, WELCOME.

K7SGJ
12-16-2010, 09:07 PM
Welcome. I'd like to stay and chat, but the Mahi are running. Got to get my lounge set up at the end of the bar, bait the hook, and get an umbrella drink in hand. Priorities and all that, ya know.

Yo barkeep. Get this lad a cocktail and put it on my tab, tnx.

VE7DCW
12-16-2010, 09:08 PM
Welcome Dan. You will enjoy your time here on the Island, there are a lot of wise guy's (electronic smart) that hang out here. Have fun and grab your favorite beverage at the Tiki Bar. Again, WELCOME.

What Bob said...... and unlike QRZ.... we don't bite you!! :)

KC2UGV
12-16-2010, 09:10 PM
Welcome to these shores :) What are ya having:
http://images.mylot.com/userImages/images/postphotos/2399744.jpg

mw0uzo
12-16-2010, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome! Those drinks look ****ing tasty i'll have the layered shot in the middle to start and the cherry red to orange large drink with fruit hat to wash it down. Arrrrrr!

NQ6U
12-16-2010, 09:31 PM
Welcome to the Island, Dan. Kick off your shoes and socks, pull up a hammock and order yourself an umbrella drink. They're on the house!

WØTKX
12-16-2010, 10:27 PM
Chroesawa at 'r Hynys Ddyn!

:mrgreen:

N7YA
12-16-2010, 11:28 PM
Welcome Dan! Ill be honest with you, the political forum here is the busiest one and a post can sit in a lesser used forum on the island for a while without any replies, but that certainly doesnt mean we dont care or, like QRZ, that we somehow feel superior to you and require you to bow before our greatness...nah, were just a load of misfits here. Posts dont get deleted, especially from people we dont agree with, we (of course, meaning admin) leave them up for all to see.

The basic premise here is simple...if you're cool, were cool. You seem cool, so welcome!

NA4BH
12-16-2010, 11:32 PM
Ok, I didn't get the memo canceling the bowing stuff. :cheers:

N7YA
12-16-2010, 11:40 PM
Well....hmm...that should be 'case-by-case' i guess.

NQ6U
12-17-2010, 12:49 AM
Welcome Dan! Ill be honest with you, the political forum here is the busiest one and a post can sit in a lesser used forum on the island for a while without any replies, but that certainly doesnt mean we dont care or, like QRZ, that we somehow feel superior to you and require you to bow before our greatness...nah, were just a load of misfits here.

Although bowing before our (imagined) greatness never hurts...

Actually, I read every new post every day so if I don't answer a question or add a comment, it's because I don't know the answer or feel that I have anything worthwhile (or at least a smart-ass comment) to add, not that you're being ignored.

Oh, and by the way, unlike the Zed, you won't get banned for using the F-word here, although that's best kept to the members-only forums.

KG4CGC
12-17-2010, 01:57 AM
Welcome to the Island, Dan. References to us on the Zed are covered in their "Gnats and Vermin" subsection of Ragchew.
We keep the bar stocked with most everything but if you don't see something, just ask.
Today's bar snack is something that just washed ashore with the Southern tide that runs every Winter.
Pickled Crab.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/drinks/e17ac9c2.jpg

w2amr
12-17-2010, 04:11 AM
Hi Dan, welcome aboard.

PA5COR
12-17-2010, 04:30 AM
Welcome Dan, this is an excellent place to get your feet under the table, enjoy the drink and banter ;)

We have some good and knowledgable peeps here, if you have questions, we will do our best to answer them.

Lots of refugees here, enjoy the time here.

Cor

N8YX
12-17-2010, 05:17 AM
Greetings, Dan!

I'll echo what the other folks have said...great place, great company.

Now off to read the homebrew thread...

ki4itv
12-17-2010, 05:57 AM
Welcome to the Island Dan!
Cheers!

Helpful Hamisland Hint #42
When your toes are buried in the sand, it doesn't hurt so much to have them stepped on.

It's a very fun, yet vocal bunch.:yes:

mw0uzo
12-17-2010, 07:45 AM
Again thanks for the warm welcome.

N8YX
12-17-2010, 08:46 AM
Your avatar is interesting but his Dragunov is missing its PSO-I...

W5RB
12-17-2010, 09:26 AM
Welcome aboard .

WV6Z
12-17-2010, 09:41 AM
Hi ya Dan and welcome..... at LAST, I am not the only sheep shagger here! Dad oedd o Aberhonddu, mam yn dod o Almaenwyr St yng Nghernyw. Yr wyf o Poges Stoke ond bellach yn byw yn Anderson, De Carolina. 100.000 croesawu ac yn holl ddymuniadau gorau ar gyfer y Nadolig hapus yn a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda.

mw0uzo
12-17-2010, 10:57 AM
Hi ya Dan and welcome..... at LAST, I am not the only sheep shagger here! Dad oedd o Aberhonddu, mam yn dod o Almaenwyr St yng Nghernyw. Yr wyf o Poges Stoke ond bellach yn byw yn Anderson, De Carolina. 100.000 croesawu ac yn holl ddymuniadau gorau ar gyfer y Nadolig hapus yn a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda.

Its snowing a lot here at the moment in Cardiff, so I expect things will be looking very magical up in Brecon :) My Welsh is somewhat rusty, so as much as I would like to return to you in Welsh, I think it may be embarrassing! Thank you for the many welcomes, songs and happiness ;)

Your avatar is interesting but his Dragunov is missing its PSO-I...

Ah STALKER, such an awesome, awesome game. Haven't played the third in the series yet due to computer lameness.

WØTKX
12-17-2010, 11:14 AM
I know no Welsh, and my German sucks... I "cheated". :snicker:

http://www.translation-guide.com/free_online_translators.php?from=English&to=Welsh

mw0uzo
12-17-2010, 11:25 AM
I know no Welsh, and my German sucks... I "cheated". :snicker:

http://www.translation-guide.com/free_online_translators.php?from=English&to=Welsh

The English to Welsh translation is actually quite good - it makes sense. I did check with the Welsh to English too, but that was not so good:

Father he was he Brecon , mother coming he Germans St in nghern. He drives I am being he Poges Stoke except now living crookedly Anderson , Right carol. 100.000 welcome and wholly wishes choirs for the Christmas happy crookedly I go Year News Good.

W5GA
12-17-2010, 02:27 PM
Greetings, Dan! 'CGC is the resident barkeep, so direct all complaints of watered down booze to him.

NQ6U
12-17-2010, 02:29 PM

I think Tom is suffering from a vowel deficiency.

KG4CGC
12-17-2010, 04:26 PM
Greetings, Dan! 'CGC is the resident barkeep, so direct all complaints of watered down booze to him.
That comment just earned you a seawater enema! Where's the bouncer?

NQ6U
12-17-2010, 05:16 PM

Do we have an Island Bouncer? If not, can I apply? I need the work...

KG4CGC
12-17-2010, 05:17 PM
Do we have an Island Bouncer? If not, can I apply? I need the work...
W7XF is the Island bouncer but he could always use more muscle at the door.

WØTKX
12-17-2010, 05:33 PM
You have to wear a kinky leather outfit to be the bouncer. ;)

NQ6U
12-17-2010, 05:37 PM

I guess that eliminates me, then, I look like hell in leather.

KG4CGC
12-17-2010, 05:39 PM
I guess that eliminates me, then, I look like hell in leather.
Did you ever get that spotted dick cleared up?

NQ6U
12-17-2010, 05:45 PM

Yep. A ten-day course of amoxicillin took care of it.

KG4CGC
12-17-2010, 05:48 PM
Yep. A ten-day course of amoxicillin took care of it.
Sounds fancy.

NQ6U
12-17-2010, 05:56 PM
Sounds fancy.

Beats spotted dick, especially if you are looking for a date.

KG4CGC
12-17-2010, 06:07 PM
Nah, do the job with pinking shears. My father said such a circumcision was known as a "Fancy Dan".

FB friend in Iowa caught that one toot sweet.

W7XF
12-20-2010, 07:03 PM
You rang?

W7XF
12-20-2010, 07:06 PM

I do just fine in black jeans and my Metallica "Metal Up Your Ass" t-shirt. Although the metal will be the steel toe 10.5 EE boot up your ass....

W7XF
12-20-2010, 07:16 PM

Charles.... I think he still has it!!

http://www.foodservicedirect.com/productimages/PI92851585S.jpg

NQ6U
12-20-2010, 07:42 PM
Charles.... I think he still has it!!

So now I know why you didn't stop by for a visit when you were going through San Diego a few weeks ago.

KG4CGC
12-20-2010, 07:55 PM
You rang?
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/AL2N%20High%20Point%20NC%20feb%2015%202009/db31393c.gif

suddenseer
12-20-2010, 08:08 PM
Welcome Dan. I don't have anything clever to add.

mw0uzo
12-20-2010, 08:17 PM
Welcome Dan. I don't have anything clever to add.

Hi suddenseer :)
Neither do I, but these guys look like they're in their element :lol:

mw0uzo
12-20-2010, 08:27 PM
Cue an animated gif competition....

NQ6U
12-20-2010, 08:27 PM
Cue an animated gif competition....

Charles would win. He's the master.

KG4CGC
12-20-2010, 10:27 PM
Charles would win. He's the master.
LULZ! Corey has been sandbagging.
In the meantime, enjoy an abduction ... by our friends from the new research shows that all the planetary nebulas in which buckyballs have been detected are rich in hydrogen.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/Alien-Lander.gif

ki4itv
12-20-2010, 10:39 PM
It's good to know "Don't Taze me bro!" is a universal concept. :lol:

N7YA
12-21-2010, 12:00 AM
Hey Dan, you might as well get used to "thread hijack" around here. Its not considered offensive, and in fact, its encouraged! So feel free to post about anything you like, then sit back and try to count how many times it morphs into something else, complete with dirty humor and quick one liners. Its always a good time over here....some folks "over there" will never understand what humor and not-being-important-because-im-just-a-friggin-ham-radio-operator really means. We certainly do over here. Ham radio, and laughter for that matter, are still very important features to this particular roster.

Hope its your cup of java. :agree:

HUGH
12-30-2010, 12:34 PM
Welcome to these shores :) What are ya having:
http://images.mylot.com/userImages/images/postphotos/2399744.jpg

Now you've been offered a drink Dan, the callsign seems to spell OUZO. A little drop watered down helps the digestion.

PA5COR
12-30-2010, 12:44 PM
Speak for yourself will ya? ;)

Now we are at it, how are you guy's going to spend old years eve?

Just askin'...:rofl:

Hey Dan, you might as well get used to "thread hijack" around here. Its not considered offensive, and in fact, its encouraged! So feel free to post about anything you like, then sit back and try to count how many times it morphs into something else, complete with dirty humor and quick one liners. Its always a good time over here....some folks "over there" will never understand what humor and not-being-important-because-im-just-a-friggin-ham-radio-operator really means. We certainly do over here. Ham radio, and laughter for that matter, are still very important features to this particular roster.

Hope its your cup of java. :agree:

mw0uzo
12-31-2010, 03:41 PM
Now you've been offered a drink Dan, the callsign seems to spell OUZO. A little drop watered down helps the digestion.

Hi Hugh
Yes this is deliberate :) I like the drink ouzo and my first cat was called Ouzo.
I noticed your avatar on another post ... which railway do you drive steam engines for? My dad is rebuilding an engine 'George B' at the Bala lake railway in N Wales.

mw0uzo
12-31-2010, 03:45 PM
Now we are at it, how are you guy's going to spend old years eve?

With my family and 3 month old baby daughter, some beer and TV. In my head however rings the sound of MCs shouting 'NEW YEARS EVE, ITS NEW YEARS EVE' and pounding electronic beats... :lol:

HUGH
01-01-2011, 03:53 PM
Hi Hugh
Yes this is deliberate :) I like the drink ouzo and my first cat was called Ouzo.
I noticed your avatar on another post ... which railway do you drive steam engines for? My dad is rebuilding an engine 'George B' at the Bala lake railway in N Wales.

Llangollen Light Railway, the engine is Foxcote Manor.
I haven't been able to change my avatar, the website it's on doesn't seem to accept any new pictures.