PDA

View Full Version : So Vikings, you gonna make a big turnaround next season on the field...

KØWVM
12-14-2010, 01:05 AM
or this a sign of things to come with the season and the roof of the Metrodome collapsing? Hope for better things next year...

NQ6U
12-14-2010, 01:10 AM
They may make their turnaround as the Los Angeles Vikings.

KØWVM
12-14-2010, 01:12 AM

Wonder if they're EVER going to build that stadium in the twin cities. Looks nice but maybe just nothing more than a dream.

W3WN
12-14-2010, 09:11 AM

I think the Twin Cities and the state of Minneapolis will cave in and build a new stadium before permitting the Vikings to leave. But I wouldn't bet money on it.

Wonder who's going to move to LA? The Jagoffs, er, Jaguars keep coming up in the various talking-head panels. OTOH, you have to wonder if the city really wants an NFL team; there's a reason why neither the Rams nor the Raiders stayed put.

NQ6U
12-14-2010, 02:35 PM
Wonder who's going to move to LA?

There's been a lot of talk about the Chargers moving north but, if they do, it won't be for at least three years. They have a contract which requires them to remain here until 2013 or pay a large reimbursement to the city for the money it spent on improvements to Qualcomm stadium.

OTOH, you have to wonder if the city really wants an NFL team; there's a reason why neither the Rams nor the Raiders stayed put.

Mostly because they were forced to play in the Los Angeles Colosseum, which was built for the 1936 Olympics and is just a little dated...

But there's a entrepreneur who's willing to put up private money to acquire a team and build a stadium in the L.A. area. That would change things completely

W5GA
12-14-2010, 03:21 PM
But there's a entrepreneur who's willing to put up private money to acquire a team and build a stadium in the L.A. area. That would change things completely
Where's he going to put it, Lancaster? :stickpoke:

NQ6U
12-14-2010, 03:27 PM
Where's he going to put it, Lancaster? :stickpoke:

City of Industry, last I heard (I was one of the 150 or so actual residents of that lovely burg back in the mid-Eighties, BTW).

W3WN
12-14-2010, 09:15 PM
A new stadium might make a difference. Might.

But does LA really want an NFL team? I know the NFL wants a team there, as the #2 market in the country... but will there be enough fan support once the novelty wears off?

W5GA
12-14-2010, 10:59 PM
A new stadium might make a difference. Might.

But does LA really want an NFL team? I know the NFL wants a team there, as the #2 market in the country... but will there be enough fan support once the novelty wears off?
There would be if they win.

W7XF
12-16-2010, 02:33 PM
The main pressure is on the Vikings; the roof collapse is one of the main reasons the NFL is pointing at the Vikings, as well as that the Vikings only have one year left on their lease. If someone makes a good offer to move them, I'd say even money odds the NFL helps them break the last year of the lease.

W3WN
12-16-2010, 04:43 PM
There was a story on the news last night that repairs on the Metrodome roof had a setback when another section tore.

If the building isn't suitable to use, they might have no choice but to void the last year of the lease.

KØWVM
12-18-2010, 10:21 PM
The main pressure is on the Vikings; the roof collapse is one of the main reasons the NFL is pointing at the Vikings, as well as that the Vikings only have one year left on their lease. If someone makes a good offer to move them, I'd say even money odds the NFL helps them break the last year of the lease.

Told the wife that if the Vikings move, I will probably be looking for another team to root for. It will either be between the Stillers or Panthers and I have no desire to root for the Redskins who are near where my parents live.

N2NH
12-19-2010, 12:18 AM
Considering that LA stole the Rams, Dodgers, Lakers and for awhile, the Raiders, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Vikings go there.

What's the biggest change the Vikings could make next season? Get rid of Farve. He's dead weight.

NQ6U
12-19-2010, 12:20 AM
Considering that LA stole the Rams, Dodgers, Lakers and for awhile, the Raiders, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Vikings go there.

Don't forget the Clippers (even though many people would like to). They started out as the San Diego Clippers.

n2ize
12-19-2010, 01:53 AM
or this a sign of things to come with the season and the roof of the Metrodome collapsing? Hope for better things next year...

Yes we are. You'll see a big turnaround on the field once I become the owner of the Vikings.

WX7P
12-19-2010, 10:01 AM

What's the biggest change the Vikings could make next season? Get rid of Farve. He's dead weight.

Heh, remember, the Los Angeles Lakers were the Minneapolis Lakers of George Mikan fame.

Deja Vu?