PDA

View Full Version : Knock, Knock

W3WN
12-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Well, this was a new one.

About 6:00 last night, I'm in the garage trying to figure out how the hell I'm going to build a manger out of the bits of wood sitting around. I think I hear a knock at the door, but I'm busy trying not to kill myself.

Little Miss Field Day comes running down a few moments later. "Hey Dad! Guess what!" Hands me a red bag with a Coke symbol on it. And three 8 packs of seven ounce cans of Coke -- Coke, Diet Coke, and Coke Zero.

Seems someone knocked on the door, said that they were from Coca-Cola, and Merry Christmas! Here's a present.

Am I suddenly a character in a bad TV commercial? And if so, how much are the residuals?

KA5PIU
12-12-2010, 11:42 PM

About 6:00 last night, I'm in the garage trying to figure out how the hell I'm going to build a manger out of the bits of wood sitting around. I think I hear a knock at the door, but I'm busy trying not to kill myself.

Little Miss Field comes running down a few moments later. "Hey Dad! Guess what!" Hands me a red bag with a Coke symbol on it. And three 8 packs of seven ounce cans of Coke -- Coke, Diet Coke, and Coke Zero.

Seems someone knocked on the door, said that they were from Coca-Cola, and Merry Christmas! Here's a present.

Am I suddenly a character in a bad TV commercial? And if so, how much are the residuals?

Hello.

Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie Please!?
How do I get this? (wimper)
Can I get tacos with that?

N2NH
12-13-2010, 01:26 AM

Little Miss Field comes running down a few moments later. "Hey Dad! Guess what!" Hands me a red bag with a Coke symbol on it. And three 8 packs of seven ounce cans of Coke -- Coke, Diet Coke, and Coke Zero.

Either Mr. Anthony has found a new gig or someone is spiking COKE and giving it away free. Feel any unnatural cravings? :lol:

KA5PIU
12-13-2010, 02:05 AM
Hello.

Coke? Cravings?
Are we talking about the brown liquid stuff or the white powder stuff.
I should have suspected, the bag! yes! it is in the bag!
Anyhow, I want one gross (144) bottles of the Mexican Coke or I come to your house!
Can you just imagine, me, your place?
I expect it at my doorstop by noon tomorrow!
And what I find funny about all of this is the fact that I have quite a few relatives in the Sinaloa cartel that would bring me the other kind. ;)

W5RB
12-13-2010, 09:52 AM
Be afraid...... it's all those internet scam postings coming to life . What's next ? The new Mercedes would be nice , but yer gonna have hell explainin' the Nigerian girl with the $8 million.

W3WN
12-14-2010, 12:53 AM
Well, I'll tell you... I can't touch the Coke, and my wife is a Pepsi drinker, but she's working on the Diet Coke and I'm working on the Coke Zero.

So, anyone interested in an 8 pack of 7 oz cans of original Coca Cola?

And Cowthief, your obsession with tacos has caused me to DQ you from the offer.

WV6Z
12-14-2010, 12:55 AM
Dairy Queen?

KA5PIU
12-14-2010, 06:43 AM
Well, I'll tell you... I can't touch the Coke, and my wife is a Pepsi drinker, but she's working on the Diet Coke and I'm working on the Coke Zero.

So, anyone interested in an 8 pack of 7 oz cans of original Coca Cola?

And Cowthief, your obsession with tacos has caused me to DQ you from the offer.

Hello.

I do not like the DQ Tacos!
How about some local Tacos, but I would like some Coke, in the can or Bottle, Please?!

W3WN
12-14-2010, 09:15 AM
Sorry Cowthief, as previously noted, you are DisQualified from the offer.

And we have no local tacos. The combined KFC/Taco Bell is back to just being a KFC. So we only get overcooked overpriced tasteless chicken these days.

W3WN
12-14-2010, 09:16 AM
Dairy Queen?

...be nice and clean, shave every day and you'll always look keen...

kb2vxa
12-14-2010, 03:34 PM
Knock knock...
Who's there?
It's Dave and I got the coke.
Dave's not here man.

K8MCN
12-14-2010, 03:39 PM

Little Miss Field Day comes running down a few moments later. "Hey Dad! Guess what!" Hands me a red bag with a Coke symbol on it. And three 8 packs of seven ounce cans of Coke -- Coke, Diet Coke, and Coke Zero.

well you will probably be getting the e-mail below then :)
Hell Sir kind,
I have come to inform you that a lost long relative of yours has passed in the Congo. You should have now received the Coke products as your ancestor deceased was a large soda distributor. If you would be so kind to forward $1000.00 us american dollars in a Western Union dispatch i would be so kind as to send you the deed to the Coca Cola Company of Congo that he so generously bequeathed to you.