PDA

View Full Version : Downunder Bob, WAY TO GO !!!!

NA4BH
12-03-2010, 01:18 AM
You stole our warmth. It is colder that a well diggers ass in a paper hanging contest in the Northern Hemisphere. We do expect pictures of your garden and flowers during this time of "What the heck was I thinking when I moved here". Most of those Damn Yankees :lol: have snow right now. It is 31F here right now.

Enjoy it, Bob. Please send pictures........ :-D

KG4CGC
12-03-2010, 02:00 AM
My English friends are blasting the sneu tew.

KA5PIU
12-03-2010, 02:24 AM
Hello.

Right now it is 49 and my feet are cold!

PA5COR
12-03-2010, 04:23 AM
All Europe in a cold snap, from the UK to Siberia.
Countries like Israel Greece etc having a heatwave...

The last years i've seen colder winters that should have been once in 30 year winters, now they're here every year...
Other parts of the globe see now every year record heatwaves in the same time.
The last 10 years were the hottest on record, the extremes getting bigger all the time.

N7RJD
12-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Hello.

49 is shorts and T-shirt weather and that's only because
they won't let you go out with much less.

Normally we are snowbound before Halloween but this year still
have yet to see any significant precipitation. We have had a couple
of cold days here and there but nothing to test the motto of the
Post Office.

W4RLR
12-03-2010, 06:07 PM
I was in San Antonio last week. The damned cold followed me home.

kf0rt
12-03-2010, 06:15 PM
49 is shorts and T-shirt weather and that's only because
they won't let you go out with much less.

Normally we are snowbound before Halloween but this year still
have yet to see any significant precipitation. We have had a couple
of cold days here and there but nothing to test the motto of the
Post Office.

Don't jinx it, man. :rofl:

kb2vxa
12-03-2010, 07:24 PM
Global warming in some places, global cooling in others. That averages out to a big fat global nothing! Well Al Gort, here's your Inconvenient Truth, Klaatu barada nikto.

n2ize
12-04-2010, 08:04 AM
You stole our warmth. It is colder that a well diggers ass in a paper hanging contest in the Northern Hemisphere. We do expect pictures of your garden and flowers during this time of "What the heck was I thinking when I moved here". Most of those Damn Yankees :lol: have snow right now. It is 31F here right now.

Enjoy it, Bob. Please send pictures........ :-D

31 degrees ? Thats warm. Enjoy the heat.

n2ize
12-04-2010, 08:15 AM
Global warming in some places, global cooling in others.

So you must be referring to temperatures on different planets, i.,e "global units". Or, have you determined that the earth is actually composed of several separate spheres, some of them warming, some of them cooling but all appearing as a single globe from our perspective ? Otherwise how else can you have "global warming" and "global cooling" all on a globe when the term "global warming" implies the single average temperature of the entire globe.

That averages out to a big fat global nothing!

It averages to an average temperature who's average is steadily increasing over time. That implies warming which is why global warming is considered a fact.

Well Al Gort, here's your Inconvenient Truth, Klaatu barada nikto.

Which would be great if all there was to global warming was just Al Gort and his book.In such a case I would dismiss it as well. Only problem is entire worlds scientific community agrees the global temp is going up. Some may disagree on the causes but the global temp is definitely increasing.

Of course if we are going to consider a week of cool weather IN WINTER in the Northeast to ,mean that global warming is not a fact then those blazing hot weeks (> 100 deg F a few times) we had IN SUMMER mean that global warming is a fact.

N8YX
12-04-2010, 08:15 AM
It's a typical early December day 'round these parts: 30s/20s, NW wind, light lake-effect snow. Progged trend is for this setup to continue for at least the next two weeks.

Average temps are average.

n2ize
12-04-2010, 08:24 AM
It's a typical early December day 'round these parts: 30s/20s, NW wind, light lake-effect snow. Progged trend is for this setup to continue for at least the next two weeks.

Average temps are average.

Round these parts we've had a lot of early winters in the past where it is very cold in December, sometimes with heavy snow and ice, and then suddenly in January it warms up, thaws, and we end up with unseasonably warm winters that last right through till spring.

N8YX
12-04-2010, 09:23 AM
Round these parts we've had a lot of early winters in the past where it is very cold in December, sometimes with heavy snow and ice, and then suddenly in January it warms up, thaws, and we end up with unseasonably warm winters that last right through till spring.
Please send some of that over here.

Just last Monday I rode my bike to work. On the way home I stopped at a nearby gas station, topped the gas tank off and added some stabilizer to it. Then I parked the thing in the garage. If recent forecasts are accurate I'll not be riding again for weeks.

n2ize
12-04-2010, 12:00 PM
I hate nice weather.

VK3ZL
12-04-2010, 03:27 PM
Hi all....I havn't had much time lately but have a few garden pics...Summer has just arrived with hot muggy weather this year, 35C some days with very tropical like weather, thunderstorms with the works and even heavy rain...The gardens are at their peak and looking really beautiful...

Down under is a really diverse country when it comes to climate....Right now most of the East of the country is under flood while there are massive bushfires in VK6, western Australia...My own area has missed most of the warm weather but we are poised for a really dangerous fire season as things dry up...

Here are a few pics taken in November...These are just a small sample of Jeannie's extensive gardens....Enjoy..

Bob..VK3ZL..

VK3ZL
12-04-2010, 07:42 PM
Jeannie took a few pics for you all this morning..A couple of pics looking South and west from our property..Temp here right now 34C...The really hot weather won't arrive until February when we will have days at a time 40C +....

Enjoy..

Bob..VK3ZL..

NQ6U
12-04-2010, 07:57 PM
This one looks surprising like central California, around the San Francisco area:

http://forums.hamisland.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=3668&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1291509524

http://forums.hamisland.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=3668&d=1291509524

n2ize
12-05-2010, 12:37 AM
Hello.

49 is HOT!!!