PDA

View Full Version : Reed Timmer

KØWVM
12-01-2010, 10:37 PM
Watching Stormchasers tonight on Discovery Channel.

Think this guy amps himself up on coffee and Red Bull?

OMG IT'S A BLEEPING TORNADO!! BACK UP!! BACK THE BLEEP UP!!

A HORSE!! IT'S A BLEEPING HORSE!!

Oh he's too funny to watch get all high strung!

kb2crk
12-01-2010, 10:44 PM
Watching Stormchasers tonight on Discovery Channel.

Think this guy amps himself up on coffee and Red Bull?

OMG IT'S A BLEEPING TORNADO!! BACK UP!! BACK THE BLEEP UP!!

A HORSE!! IT'S A BLEEPING HORSE!!

Oh he's too funny to watch get all high strung!

he strikes me as a total ass. i am waiting for his extreme pos to get tossed around by the storm....lol

NQ6U
12-01-2010, 10:46 PM
I watched that show a couple of times and finally decided it was nothing but "The Real Housewives of..." for weather geeks. It's supposedly a documentary show but there's an awful lot of drama that just doesn't seem authentic to me. I suspect it's sort of like professional wrestling, where it's not exactly scripted but not exactly real either.

KØWVM
12-01-2010, 10:50 PM
he strikes me as a total ass. i am waiting for his extreme pos to get tossed around by the storm....lol

Yeah and waaaaaaay too high strung. I bet his tag team crew gets a little tired of his hyper-wired personality. :rofl:

KØWVM
12-01-2010, 10:52 PM
I watched that show a couple of times and finally decided it was nothing but "The Real Housewives of..." for weather geeks. It's supposedly a documentary show but there's an awful lot of drama that just doesn't seem authentic to me. I suspect it's sort of like professional wrestling, where it's not exactly scripted but not exactly real either.

The TIV guys seem to be a little more tolerable. The camera guy doesn't get too insane...

kb2crk
12-01-2010, 10:59 PM
the camera guy has 400 grand invested into making an imax movie of the tornados. reed is an adrenaline junkie needing a bigger fix.

KØWVM
12-01-2010, 11:29 PM
the camera guy has 400 grand invested into making an imax movie of the tornados. reed is an adrenaline junkie needing a bigger fix.

I couldn't imagine Reed drunk or high on marijuana. He would probably be 10 x's worse. His bigger fix would be getting tossed by a tornado and by miracle surviving.

WØTKX
12-02-2010, 01:17 AM
Watching the emotional roller-coaster folks go through being overhauled by Chip Foose is way more entertaining.

http://hubgarage.s3.amazonaws.com/photos/52974/IMG_5157_detail.JPG

And of course, there's the cars...

http://hubgarage.s3.amazonaws.com/photos/597511/IMG_9857_detail.jpg

W2NAP
12-02-2010, 04:07 AM

well, one thing i can say tho. at least reed helped in yazoo city. and casey helped in that storm in minnesota

N8YX
12-02-2010, 06:21 AM
His momma should have named that boy 'Teed Rimmer' instead.

kb2crk
12-02-2010, 07:37 AM
discovery had a mythbusters on right after where they tested the vehicles to 250 mph.
reeds dominator was pushed around.
casey's tiv did not budge. the tiv did end up with bent spikes in the ground but held steady.

ki4itv
12-02-2010, 08:07 AM
I catch that show every so often and saw the one last night. The apprehension of Reed's driver saved his ass in that last Michigan storm. If he had blindly listened to Reed's emotion they would have been too far in and Reed would not have been able to scream "Back up!" loud enough or frequent enough.

I also caught the Yazoo City show and started shaking my head as soon as they decided to go down south. He knew the risk was far greater in the gentle hills and trees of that area and that your visual horizon may only be a few hundred feet or less. He went anyway, and again, if they had made a little better time on the road...he would have probably found trouble. God is watching that boy.
I also remember thinking how lucky Reed was to have one roll through during the day. Most of the tornado's in MS seem to happen after dark.
You chase down there and you're begging for a pine tree enema.

As someone who has actually been in one tornado, under another, and dangerously close to a few, his desire to be closer and closer puts him squarely on my total idiot list.
Science, or not.:yes:

PA5COR
12-02-2010, 08:26 AM
He's from Dutch descent, we're all nutters

:rofl:

W2NAP
12-02-2010, 05:25 PM
give me a armored vehicle and id drive it into a tornado

W4RLR
12-02-2010, 06:16 PM
I also remember thinking how lucky Reed was to have one roll through during the day. Most of the tornado's in MS seem to happen after dark.
You chase down there and you're begging for a pine tree enema.

As someone who has actually been in one tornado, under another, and dangerously close to a few, his desire to be closer and closer puts him squarely on my total idiot list.
Science, or not.:yes:Affirmative on the tornadoes during the night. The NWS office in Mobile has storm SPOTTER training. They emphatically state that they do not want, nor will they accept storm CHASERS in their volunteer program. There are just too many hills, too many rivers and streams, and not enough roadways to safely get away from an approaching tornado. If you are close enough to see one, you best be taking cover, and giving your soul to God, for your ass belongs to Mother Nature at that point.

At least with a hurricane, you CAN get out of the way if given enough advance warning.

W4RLR
12-02-2010, 06:16 PM
He's from Dutch descent, we're all nutters

:rofl:But that's what I love about the Dutch, Cor.

W1GUH
12-03-2010, 12:36 PM

That goes for many of the shows on History, NatGeo, Discovery, etc. lately.

N8YX
12-03-2010, 12:46 PM
Affirmative on the tornadoes during the night. The NWS office in Mobile has storm SPOTTER training. They emphatically state that they do not want, nor will they accept storm CHASERS in their volunteer program.
They do things a little differently on the plains.

Many of those "chasers" (Barricklow, Doswell, Eads and lots more licensed hams/professional meteorologists) make major contributions to both the NOAA and Skywarn organizations - as well as to meteorological science itself - by positioning themselves in the wrong place at the right time.

Of course, trying to make the lead forecaster of your local NWSFO "get it" is usually an exercise in futility, especially when their largest yearly forecast paradox comes in the form of which counties to advise for lake-effect snow alerts. :roll:

kb2vxa
12-03-2010, 08:30 PM
"His momma should have named that boy 'Teed Rimmer' instead."
More like Arnold Rimmer. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnold_Rimmer

Any job worth doing is worth doing right. If it's not worth doing give it to Rimmer.

n0iu
12-03-2010, 11:56 PM
You guys should go to radioreference.com in the severe weather section... he is a god over there! Not THE god, but a god!

ka8ncr
12-04-2010, 09:34 AM

Yeah, as in they never show much of the tornado forming, just the thing tearing up someone's house. And then after the quick cut of the tornado, it's back to Reed or his peers such as that "Severe Weather Engineer". Huh?

N8YX
12-04-2010, 09:46 AM
You guys should go to radioreference.com in the severe weather section... he is a god over there! Not THE god, but a god!
I just hit the snooze button. Wake me when his 15 minutes are up.