PDA

View Full Version : NASA announcement tomorrow

N2CHX
12-01-2010, 01:24 PM
http://www.space.com/news/nasa-astrobiology-discovery-announcement-101130.html

I hope this turns out to be more interesting than their last press conference.

NQ6U
12-01-2010, 01:54 PM
I think it's going to have something to do with Rudy...

N2CHX
12-01-2010, 01:56 PM
I think it's going to have something to do with Rudy...

Buy stock in aluminum now!

w0aew
12-01-2010, 02:01 PM
An inside source says NASA has given up the search for ET because no one really gives a shit. Instead, the search will be re-directed towards finding more funding sources for NASA.

KJ3N
12-01-2010, 02:06 PM
Buy stock in aluminum foil now!

Fixed. :lol:

KG4CGC
12-01-2010, 02:10 PM
An inside source says NASA has given up the search for ET because no one really gives a shit. Instead, the search will be re-directed towards finding more funding sources for NASA.
I was thinking that they discovered that "black mass" or "black space" was refined oil.

w3bny
12-01-2010, 02:41 PM
we...are going...to DIE...but first a message from Glenn Beck and Goldline International

W1GUH
12-01-2010, 03:30 PM
NASA is expected to make an announcement Thursday (Dec. 2) about a new scientific finding that "will impact the search for extraterrestrial life," the space agency said in a statement.

Yea, the "scientific finding" was that "the search for extraterrestrial life" is bad for you and me, therefore, it's going to be abolished. Well, at least publicly.

Ho hum.

KG4CGC
12-01-2010, 03:47 PM
Yea, the "scientific finding" was that "the search for extraterrestrial life" is bad for you and me, therefore, it's going to be abolished. Well, at least publicly.

Ho hum.
That is quite possibly close. This will give the birthers more fuel to say the crazy things they love to say.

NQ6U
12-01-2010, 03:54 PM
That is quite possibly close. This will give the birthers more fuel to say the crazy things they love to say.

Maybe they'll say that Obama wasn't born in the U.S., nor is he from Kenya. In fact, it turns out he's from a planet in the Alpha Centauri system.

W2NAP
12-01-2010, 05:05 PM
the truth is out there.

N2CHX
12-01-2010, 05:16 PM
the truth is out there.

Way the fuck out there.

KG4CGC
12-01-2010, 05:18 PM
the truth is out there.
And whatever it is, at this point it is way closer to the left.

NQ6U
12-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Way the fuck out there.

But Rudy knows what it is.

KE7DKN
12-01-2010, 06:05 PM

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/8306/conspiracyp.jpg

N7RJD
12-01-2010, 08:39 PM
Maybe they'll say that Obama wasn't born in the U.S., nor is he from Kenya. In fact, it turns out he's from a planet in the Alpha Centauri system.

Could be, he does have a set of satellite dishes on the sides of his head.

N7RJD
12-01-2010, 08:40 PM

You just admitted in open forum that Rudy knows something?
That's it, you are hereby ordered to the nearest insane asylum
for thorough examination and electro shock therapy.

kb2crk
12-01-2010, 08:51 PM
yes people, buy stock in aluminum. keep me working. if aluminum gets used i get to keep working on the machines that turn old beer cans into new aluminum... woo hooooo

NQ6U
12-01-2010, 09:48 PM
You just admitted in open forum that Rudy knows something?
That's it, you are hereby ordered to the nearest insane asylum
for thorough examination and electro shock therapy.

Rudy is no dummy. He's been in touch with the Mothership for years now. Why do you think he got his ham ticket?

N2NH
12-01-2010, 10:21 PM
Are they confirming that Gidney and Cloyd exist?

(Artists Depiction)

http://sharetv.org/images/guide/458869.jpg

WØTKX
12-02-2010, 01:25 AM
:rofl:

Or did they find some Moties in God's Eye? ;)

kc7jty
12-02-2010, 01:30 AM
NASA is going to announce a 50 billion $ loan from China to continue their e t research.

NQ6U
12-02-2010, 07:37 PM
...the announcement was about finding an arsenic-based life form--a bacteria that lives in California's Mono Lake. Details here:

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/universe/features/astrobiology_toxic_chemical.html

suddenseer
12-02-2010, 07:48 PM
So theoretically, there could be life in Cleveland?

KG4CGC
12-02-2010, 08:10 PM
If it thrives on arsenic, would it be killed by selenium?

kc7jty
12-02-2010, 08:12 PM

...and not only know but is capable of elaboration to the Nth degree.

kc7jty
12-02-2010, 08:14 PM
So theoretically, there could be life in Cleveland?

Not as WE know it.

W1GUH
12-03-2010, 10:04 AM
Ho-hum....but given NASA's record, of course they'd play this up as gargantuan.

IMHO...why should it be such a surprise to find that our geo-centric view of "life" is the "only possible" form of life? Especailly when that "geo-centric" view is constantly changing as we find new and very different life forms right here on earth?

KA5PIU
12-03-2010, 01:05 PM
Hello.

We have the horseshoe crab with its blue blood.
We have bacteria with its arsenic makeup.
Why not a planet that evolved into a living thing?
What I am saying is that the planet is alive in the sense that it functions as a living unit itself.

KC2UGV
12-03-2010, 01:37 PM

IMHO...why should it be such a surprise to find that our geo-centric view of "life" is the "only possible" form of life? Especailly when that "geo-centric" view is constantly changing as we find new and very different life forms right here on earth?

It is a huge find. People will go to great lengths trying to convince you that carbon-based life, made up of the same stuff life here on earth is made of is the only possible form.

Now, we find a major building block of life as we know it (Phosphate) isn't needed, and in fact, it's anti-thesis (As far as biology goes) is a suitable replacement.

KA5PIU
12-03-2010, 02:02 PM
It is a huge find. People will go to great lengths trying to convince you that carbon-based life, made up of the same stuff life here on earth is made of is the only possible form.

Now, we find a major building block of life as we know it (Phosphate) isn't needed, and in fact, it's anti-thesis (As far as biology goes) is a suitable replacement.

Hello.

Not just a replacement, but a challenge to the entire makeup of the building blocks of life itself.
The entire theory of life itself is now being questioned.

KE7DKN
12-03-2010, 02:23 PM
The discovery is remarkable enough without having to go overboard with the hyperbole. kthxbi

W1GUH
12-03-2010, 03:17 PM

Oh, ok. In that sense, it IS big. Kick a few of those geo-centric asshats where they need to be kicked. Thanks!

NQ6U
12-03-2010, 03:24 PM
Hello.

Not just a replacement, but a challenge to the entire makeup of the building blocks of life itself.
The entire theory of life itself is now being questioned.

Not quite, Rudy. Arsenic is actually chemically similar to phosphorus so it's not really a challenge, just a surprise. If you look at the periodic table, you'll notice that phosphorus and arsenic are on the same row column of different columns rows:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_b16GGN6qiP4/S-iJWYnR2LI/AAAAAAAAAnQ/Rgk6QqWlA1E/s1600/periodic_table.gif

On Edit Fixed a glaring error.

KC2UGV
12-03-2010, 03:30 PM
Not quite, Rudy. Arsenic is actually chemically similar to phosphorus so it's not really a challenge, just a surprise. If you look at the periodic table, you'll notice that phosphorus and arsenic are on the same row of different columns:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_b16GGN6qiP4/S-iJWYnR2LI/AAAAAAAAAnQ/Rgk6QqWlA1E/s1600/periodic_table.gif

Yep, they match really well. Which is why arsenic kills pretty much every life form on this planet: It interrupts the phosphate paths.

WØTKX
12-03-2010, 04:18 PM
It's really fascinating. Chemical reactions start to recurse.

Scientific Discovery Goes "Boink"!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/adamblosse/jon3.gif

kb2vxa
12-03-2010, 08:15 PM
"Why not a planet that evolved into a living thing?"
By your command.
http://www.immortalthor.net/bio-egothelivingplanet.html

n2ize
12-04-2010, 08:33 AM

I'll agree NASA can be inefficient and I would like to see NASA privatized. Beyond that what is wrong with NASA's record ?

"geocentric" implies the concept/belief of the earth being the central point in our immediate solar system. It says nothing about the "forms of life".