PDA

View Full Version : KC2UGV! Hello Corey! You're On The Couch!

KG4CGC
11-30-2010, 01:21 PM
Hello Corey, you're on the couch! (dude, yer gettin a dell)

Could we start with a short synopsis of where you grew up and what kinds of things peaked your interests as a wee lad? Then where these interests led you as you progressed along the path that is uniquely yours.

W3MIV
11-30-2010, 01:23 PM
So, Corey, did you ever date Elliott Spitzer?

N2CHX
11-30-2010, 01:30 PM

And if so, how well did he tip?

KJ3N
11-30-2010, 01:58 PM

:rofl:

W3MIV
11-30-2010, 01:58 PM

Hello

Is that a mohel joke?

N2CHX
11-30-2010, 02:20 PM
Hello

Is that a mohel joke?

The answer is usually 42, but in this case, just this once, it's 9.

KG4CGC
11-30-2010, 02:25 PM
The answer is usually 42, but in this case, just this once, it's 9.
Uh, so you've seen it.

N2CHX
11-30-2010, 02:30 PM
Uh, so you've seen it.

I'm married to the biggest fucking geek in the universe. I have no choice. I can't even get wasted and get away from the shit. I lay down in bed with a bowl of popcorn and the next thing I know I'm tied up, my eyelids are propped open and there's some fucking weird shit on the TV in front of me. And people wonder why I'm crazy.

W3MIV
11-30-2010, 02:36 PM
It's becoming hard to know just who is on this couch. Anyone got a libretto to this opera?

KJ3N
11-30-2010, 02:37 PM
And people wonder why I'm crazy.

I thought it was all that Baby Jeebus stuff. :nuts:

KC2UGV
11-30-2010, 02:42 PM
Hello Corey, you're on the couch! (dude, yer gettin a dell)

Could we start with a short synopsis of where you grew up and what kinds of things peaked your interests as a wee lad? Then where these interests led you as you progressed along the path that is uniquely yours.

Shall we begin like "David Copperfield"? I am born... I grew up.

I was born and raised here in Buffalo. A short stint spent in VA (Chesapeake Bay, VA, specifically) of about 9 months. Was in Buffalo until I turned 17, which then I left for North Carolina for 3 months (The summer) before shipping out for basic training in '97.

While growing up, I was a "poor student". I think I graduated HS with an average of 70-73 (Can't remember). I despised homework. I did however, devote much time to: Computers and electronics tinkering.

When I was 7, I got my Radio Shack 160-In-One Electronic Project Kit. I had a blast with it! I used it so much, all of the jumpers finally got so short I had to just buy spools of wire, and cut the lengths I needed. Then, at 8, my family got a "Computer". Only kid in my neighborhood to have ever gotten one. I have no idea who bought it for us, my family was dirt poor (We grew up in the projects) even though both of my parents worked two jobs each.

That "computer" became the gateway for my social interaction, as I was a very awkward kid. I was the only white kid in the projects, and needless to say, I got beat up a lot :lol: And, due to spending lots of time reading and tinkering, I wore glasses (Really cheap gawdy plastic framed ones...), as well as being the "chubber". But, people on BBS's (Which I soon discovered) didn't want to fight, they just wanted to chat, or share code. I learned programming quickly from that, but my parents got sick of me spending 5 hours on the phone, downloading stuff at a lightning speed of 300 bps through an acoustic coupler.

I hooked up with a guy on the BBS who told me he knew a way to get a program listing to me, without the phone line. He had me download a small program from the BBS, along with directions to make an interface to a "CB Radio"... So, I "borrowed" my dad's CB radio from the closet, hooked it up, and got it downloaded. Took like 2 days I think... Coming across the bit-banger serial port on my Coco 2.

WOW! I can get programs without wires! This is boss!

So, very early, I started combining RF, hardware hacking, and computers as an interest.

Also, once I got to 6th grade, my school got something called a "ham shack" upstairs. Once you completed your work (Which I did, as long as it wasn't homework), we could either go to the library, the gym, or the "ham shack". Well, the library was getting boring (I was banned from the school's modem, and had my perms locked down quite a bit on the File server due to "playing"), so I wandered up to this "ham shack".

And the guy up there was doing RTTY! HOLY HELL! This is what I was doing a couple of years back, but FASTER! And he had like 5 computers up there! Needless to say, I was hooked before he even started talking to me (I had a thing for "blinken lights").

So, fast forward to freshman year. I was getting razzed pretty good. I hated high school life, but loved school. Over the summer between freshman and sophomore year, I trimmed down to 110lbs, got a girlfriend, and converted from nerd to "grunge" (Actually, kinda pre-goth...). I also became enamored with anything "counter-culture", and started pissing my parents off a lot (Such is life, and I am bracing for it now).

I fashioned myself as a "communist". I don't think I truly understood it at that point, but it was "counter culture". Picked up smoking (tobacco and weed). Started drinking a lot. Partying a lot. Went really goth (Makeup, dyed hair, the whole nine yards). Had some run-ins with the police. Ended up getting kicked from my high school half-way through Senior year (accused of being a "nazi", and sending a "threatening email", which was later dis-proven, but teacher filed a union grievance against me, thereby preventing me from returning to school no matter that the board of education found me innocent or at least not-guilty).

So, half-way through Senior year, I finished school at my local school (My previous one was a "Magnet School", or a specialized tech school). Then, to "prove them wrong!" I enlisted in the army.

So, fast-forward back to 17, and me in North Cacalackey. I shipped from there, and went to Relaxin' Jackson for basic. Fort Useless, VA for AIT, Ft. Benning for my 5 jumps and a badge, and then finally to Fort Hood, TX.

Spent 6 years at Hood. Sorta. 5 in Hood, and 1 in Iraq. The whole time I was in 1-10 Cavalry, 4th ID. Two 3 month periods overseas in Germany and Korea as a member of an Arms Inspection Team.

My oldest son, is a "millennium kid", he was born in 2000. And, my youngest, born during my stint in the sand in 2003, about a month after I left.

I left the service about 6 months after returning from Iraq. I didn't want to ever have my wife be alone with the kids, and I hated my oldest having to be "the man of the house" for a year, while he was 3. So, I made the decision to leave the service. And, of all the places in the US should I move to? Hm... BUFFALO!

So, I went back home from there. I was going to sit on my arse for a year, collecting unenjoyment. After 1 week, I was bored. So, I started job hunting. I knew I hated being an airframe mechanic, so I went to my love: Computers.

I landed a job with a small PC/Server repair place. Great job. I loved it. Didn't pay enough, and not enough benefits. So, I went to school, and after four years at my first job (Post military), I left for "greener pastures".

HAHAHA! I landed a Sys Admin job for a debt collections agency. One of the "good" ones, not full of dirtbags. They had to be, as they contracted for DoEd, Treasury, IRS, and other low-hanging fruit.

Pay was meh, working conditions horrible. So, again, looked for a new job. After 8 months. I landed one with my current job, as a Project Manager/Application Administrator. I love this job, but since it doesn't allow me to fully explore my talents and loves, I also started consulting about a year into it.

So, my consulting is hustling websites when times are slow, as well as performing network and information security analysis for local firms who are too big for no IT experience, but too small to bring their own man on.

I finally, after settling down in this job, started SWL'ing again in my free time. I wanted to do some digital stuff again, so I got my ham license in 2008. Didn't have to study much, as I was still tinkering since I was 6 or so, with a brief break at 14-17 years. I also got back into CB during 2000, or 2001.

And, this is where I am now.

That I do not recall.

I can not discuss that at this time.

:lol:

N8YX
11-30-2010, 02:44 PM
I'm married to the biggest fucking geek in the universe.
Not even close.

Take your lappie and a connected breadboard to bed with you and proceed to debug synthesizer control code as you and your paramour are making (ahem) "small talk" then we'll have something ...

N2CHX
11-30-2010, 03:53 PM
Uh, so you've seen it.

And yes, I've seen THAT too. It's about, um.... 4.2

KC2UGV
12-01-2010, 09:57 AM
I guess that kinda fizzled? Do I pick the next person?

KG4CGC
12-01-2010, 10:03 AM
I guess that kinda fizzled? Do I pick the next person?
Yes, you pick. These should generally run 24 to 48 hours unless for whatever reason, it get's a little rumpus, in which case, spin in the wind!
Anything you'd like to add before you wrap things up?

N2CHX
12-01-2010, 10:38 AM
I'd like to add... That Corey's wife is waaaaay to good for him. :lol:

K7SGJ
12-01-2010, 01:28 PM
What other hobbies do you have. Fishing, shooting, Australian dick wrestling?

KC2UGV
12-01-2010, 01:35 PM
What other hobbies do you have. Fishing, shooting, Australian dick wrestling?

Basically, I do mountain biking, coding, occasional paintballing, and paranormal investigations as my other hobbies. Never really got the taste for sitting in a boat, drinking beer and waiting for the fish to bite. I used to be into hunting, but a year in the dirt and elements caused me to lose my taste for "uncivilized" areas :)

Non-hobby, extra-curricular activities are volunteering at the animal shelter, and I was until recently, managing a "peer reviewed" journal of the paranormal.

NQ6U
12-01-2010, 01:53 PM
Do you believe in paranormal activity?

I once lived in a house that credulous people would have said was haunted--there were many strange noises in the night, most commonly what sounded like footsteps.

KC2UGV
12-01-2010, 03:34 PM
Do you believe in paranormal activity?

This, in and of itself, is a complex question, deserving of a complex answer.

Do I believe there are anomalous events beyond the realm of our own understanding? Yes. Are they ghosts? I don't know. I have yet to find any evidence that is strongly demonstrating such a thing. However, lack of evidence is not proof against such a concept.

I have, however, seen fleeting examples of anomalies, to wit I can not explain. And, that means, I can not attribute any explanation to it, including "It's a ghost".

I once lived in a house that credulous people would have said was haunted--there were many strange noises in the night, most commonly what sounded like footsteps.

Quite possible, and such a claim I don't toss out, just out of hand, so to speak. Even in RF world, there are occasionally things that can't be explained as to how they happen, but we know they do :) And, sometimes, the "I have no idea how that happened" gets explained by an OT who has seen damned near everything :)

KG4CGC
12-01-2010, 03:44 PM
I've seen some things.

NQ6U
12-01-2010, 03:47 PM
Pretty much jives with my experience. The house thing was very odd and I would have chalked it up to my imagination (I had stopped doing drugs years before and I've never been a heavy drinker) if other people--without any mention from me about the odd occurrences in the house to set them up--hadn't noticed them too.

K7SGJ
12-01-2010, 03:49 PM
Basically, I do mountain biking, coding, occasional paintballing, and paranormal investigations as my other hobbies. Never really got the taste for sitting in a boat, drinking beer and waiting for the fish to bite. I used to be into hunting, but a year in the dirt and elements caused me to lose my taste for "uncivilized" areas :)

Non-hobby, extra-curricular activities are volunteering at the animal shelter, and I was until recently, managing a "peer reviewed" journal of the paranormal.

I know what you mean about the sitting in the boat thing. That why I combined two of my hobbies, shooting and fishing.

By the way, thank you for your service to the country; and for the time you give to the critters. They need all the help they can get. I have always thought the ones that should be neutered are the ones that let their pets run wild.

kb2crk
12-01-2010, 03:49 PM
so you have seen apparitions? or something similar? i have no paranormal experience per se, but have seen strange things that could be explained as paranormal with a little search into history.

K7SGJ
12-01-2010, 03:51 PM
so you have seen apparitions? or something similar? i have no paranormal experience per se, but have seen strange things that could be explained as paranormal with a little search into history.

Like the photos of that person on the OTHER site we don't talk about?

NQ6U
12-01-2010, 03:56 PM
Like the photos of that person on the OTHER site we don't talk about?

Like this paranormal creature, perhaps?

http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz79/gyrogeerloose/sue.jpg

K7SGJ
12-01-2010, 03:58 PM
HOLY SHIT! Where's Art Bell and his AR15 when you need him?

K7SGJ
12-01-2010, 04:00 PM
By the way, I'd delete that photo if I were you. It might change your hard drive into a floppy.

KC2UGV
12-01-2010, 04:03 PM
Pretty much jives with my experience. The house thing was very odd and I would have chalked it up to my imagination (I had stopped doing drugs years before and I've never been a heavy drinker) if other people--without any mention from me about the odd occurrences in the house to set them up--hadn't noticed them too.

I've found a lot is imagination, "new house sensation", settling of the structure, or voices being played with through walls and whatnot. But there are certain things I just couldn't explain, such as a recording of people talking when it was myself and another person in a building far enough away from a road that we ruled that out.

I know what you mean about the sitting in the boat thing. That why I combined two of my hobbies, shooting and fishing.

By the way, thank you for your service to the country; and for the time you give to the critters. They need all the help they can get. I have always thought the ones that should be neutered are the ones that let their pets run wild.

Maybe I'll have to give that a whirl... I'm not adverse to boats or water life. I love it every time I'm on water as much as I love every moment flying. And I agree, I think we should start neutering many humans. The more people I meet, the more I prefer animals :lol:

The closest to "seeing" anything was actually a sensation. While standing in a doorway, I felt a "buzzing wall" pass through me. Best way to explain the sensation is imagine walking past a TV that still has a strong static field. Now, imagine that sensation passing through you while standing still.

The other "findings" have been odd pictures taken, anomalous audio recordings, anomalous environmental data.

kb2crk
12-01-2010, 04:22 PM
I've found a lot is imagination, "new house sensation", settling of the structure, or voices being played with through walls and whatnot. But there are certain things I just couldn't explain, such as a recording of people talking when it was myself and another person in a building far enough away from a road that we ruled that out.

Maybe I'll have to give that a whirl... I'm not adverse to boats or water life. I love it every time I'm on water as much as I love every moment flying. And I agree, I think we should start neutering many humans. The more people I meet, the more I prefer animals :lol:

The closest to "seeing" anything was actually a sensation. While standing in a doorway, I felt a "buzzing wall" pass through me. Best way to explain the sensation is imagine walking past a TV that still has a strong static field. Now, imagine that sensation passing through you while standing still.

The other "findings" have been odd pictures taken, anomalous audio recordings, anomalous environmental data.

the reason i ask is i have seen full body apparitions as have my kids. this was years ago at two previous addresses and either could have been explained away 100 years earlier.
i have an interest in the paranormal but have a hard time with the people doing it on the tv. i also forgot to thank you for your service to our country.

N2CHX
12-01-2010, 04:40 PM
Paranormal research.... An interest that Corey and I share.

kb2crk
12-01-2010, 04:57 PM

thats not paranormal.... thats abby normal!!!!

N2CHX
12-01-2010, 05:03 PM

Way to completely fuck up a perfectly good thread, Ace.

K7SGJ
12-01-2010, 05:05 PM

But..............How do you really feel about the foto?

suddenseer
12-01-2010, 07:34 PM
What do you think of the EVP thing? There was a paranormal research guy who wanted to take the amazing Randi up on his $1,000,000 challenge. When he mentioned EVP, Randi hung up on him (supposedly). He won't answer his calls, and letters. This man claims to have recorded EVP on a digital recorder located in a Faraday cage. I am not going to mention his name here, he likes to sue people I read.

N8YX
12-01-2010, 07:37 PM
But..............How do you really feel about the foto?
Ozzy Osbourne has a twin sister?

KG4CGC
12-01-2010, 07:45 PM
I read about EVP once. Back in the day, the prevailing belief was that the tape had to develop the voices, so to speak, because that's just how they seemed to turn out. The more they listened to the tapes, the more that would reveal itself. I even once found a schematic in a 1996 issue of Popular Electronics, October I think, article called Ghost Voices. A schematic! A crystal radio basically with a paperclip antenna.
Ever see the patterns in OTA analog TV snow?

NQ6U
12-01-2010, 07:50 PM

You're welcome. Always happy to help out.

suddenseer
12-01-2010, 08:04 PM
I read about EVP once. Back in the day, the prevailing belief was that the tape had to develop the voices, so to speak, because that's just how they seemed to turn out. The more they listened to the tapes, the more that would reveal itself. I even once found a schematic in a 1996 issue of Popular Electronics, October I think, article called Ghost Voices. A schematic! A crystal radio basically with a paperclip antenna.
Ever see the patterns in OTA analog TV snow?Back when I worked in tv production, I was fooling around with cheap special effects. I figured video feedback would be a bit fun to use. You know what it is, point the camera at the monitor. When I rolled the tape back there was a face in the feedback mesh. It was very plainly distinctly a man's face. I played the tape several times. it was a fresh 3/4" Sony Umatic tape broadcast quality. It made a distinct pattern on the video wave form scope, and the vector scope. I played it back, and forth, and adjusted the time base corrector to get rid of it. I had not heard of this phenomena, and was annoyed. I ended up erasing the tape, and tried it again. No face this time, I won!

KG4CGC
12-01-2010, 08:07 PM
Back when I worked in tv production, I was fooling around with cheap special effects. I figured video feedback would be a bit fun to use. You know what it is, point the camera at the monitor. When I rolled the tape back there was a face in the feedback mesh. It was very plainly distinctly a man's face. I played the tape several times. it was a fresh 3/4" Sony Umatic tape broadcast quality. It made a distinct pattern on the video wave form scope, and the vector scope. I played it back, and forth, and adjusted the time base corrector to get rid of it. I had not heard of this phenomena, and was annoyed. I ended up erasing the tape, and tried it again. No face this time, I won!
And after reading this thread, do you wish you saved the tape without your win?

suddenseer
12-01-2010, 08:19 PM
And after reading this thread, do you wish you saved the tape without your win?I was unaware that I may have snatched a genuine unexplained phenomena. I thought at the time I did something wrong. There were RF emitting gagets everywhere. I thought there was a spurious signal in the video switcher. It was a Grassvalley switcher, back then almost top of the line. The camera was an old Norelco with a HUGE CCU. You had to make many adjustments to set it up. I always ran the white video signal (NTSC) at about 95%. I never had a hot video. Everything is digital these days, one can adjust it out. I really thought I screwed up. I never recorded video feedback before. It was a cheesy effect anyway. I read about the video feedback phenomena several years later, and said "Damn".

N7RJD
12-01-2010, 08:25 PM

By the way, I'd delete that photo if I were you. It might change your hard drive into a floppy.

What did Ozzy ever do to you?

N7RJD
12-01-2010, 08:27 PM
And after reading this thread, do you wish you saved the tape without your win?

After reading this thread I'm wondering if I was old enough to do so. Either way I'm quite sure I am now.

KG4CGC
12-01-2010, 08:30 PM
After reading this thread I'm wondering if I was old enough to do so. Either way I'm quite sure I am now.
I guess that means you're doing it right.
Corey, is he doing it right?

NQ6U
12-01-2010, 08:34 PM

Stick with us, kid. You'll learn about stuff you never imagined.

N7RJD
12-01-2010, 08:34 PM

Well, don't tell anyone. They'll expect it all the time.

N7RJD
12-01-2010, 08:37 PM

Kid? Not even close. As for teaching me about stuff I never imagined....Good luck with that endeavor,
such a thing hasn't happened in a lot of years. It's usually me doing the teaching and leaving chins dropped
to the floor on my way out.

KG4CGC
12-01-2010, 09:02 PM
LOL! You got called a little goat!

NQ6U
12-01-2010, 10:09 PM
LOL! You got called a little goat!

What's so ba-a-a-a-a-d about that?

K7SGJ
12-01-2010, 10:15 PM
Kid? Not even close. As for teaching me about stuff I never imagined....Good luck with that endeavor,
such a thing hasn't happened in a lot of years. It's usually me doing the teaching and leaving chins dropped
to the floor on my way out.

At our age it's not chins hitting the floor. It's body parts a little lower falling off.

KG4CGC
12-01-2010, 10:16 PM
At our age it's not chins hitting the floor. It's body parts a little lower falling off.
And an affinity for dead cheeses.

K7SGJ
12-01-2010, 10:16 PM
What's so ba-a-a-a-a-d about that?

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaadie

K7SGJ
12-01-2010, 10:23 PM
And an affinity for dead cheeses.

I'm not sure, but I think the smell of some that cheese was discovered in ancient Europe. The inspiration being being the smell in an old mans (or womans) home. It might be upon seeing what the men did with the cheesy ladies they invented edam.

KC2UGV
12-02-2010, 10:31 AM
the reason i ask is i have seen full body apparitions as have my kids. this was years ago at two previous addresses and either could have been explained away 100 years earlier.
i have an interest in the paranormal but have a hard time with the people doing it on the tv. i also forgot to thank you for your service to our country.

Those are the kinds of things that I would consider to be "unexplainable". Unfortunately, anomalies have a tendency to not show up by asking, so I've yet to be able to document anything of that sort.

Paranormal research.... An interest that Corey and I share.

Yup :) Apparently, in this area, most other investigation teams hate me. I don't know why :lol:

What do you think of the EVP thing? There was a paranormal research guy who wanted to take the amazing Randi up on his $1,000,000 challenge. When he mentioned EVP, Randi hung up on him (supposedly). He won't answer his calls, and letters. This man claims to have recorded EVP on a digital recorder located in a Faraday cage. I am not going to mention his name here, he likes to sue people I read.

EVP... Well, being a technophobe as I am, find it almost laughable. Except for few instances, it can usually be explained by the following:
* RF rectification
* Normal audio distortion, present due to refraction and attenuation properties of hallways and walls
* High noise present in the recording system

I don't think I've seen anyone who has recorded an EVP on a high-quality, low noise system. It tends to be on small recording units, with less than par shielding and microphones.

Ever see the patterns in OTA analog TV snow?

I haven't had the chance to play with the snow recordings, or too much with the video feedback loops. Too many hobbies... The Ghost Radio plans, man... Yeah, they basically boil down to crystal sets with funny antennas :lol:

Man, I wish you kept that tape... A feedback loop produced visual, in a high quality studio situation. That there is the Diamond example of what would constitute documented evidence.

Looks like it to me :)

On the other note, has Jim (KJ3N) had his turn on the couch? If not, he can step right down :)

N2CHX
12-02-2010, 11:25 AM
Yup :) Apparently, in this area, most other investigation teams hate me. I don't know why :lol:

Welcome to my world, though I don't like most investigation teams either, so I guess we're even. I wondered why some people hated having me on an investigation for a long time and then I realized what it was. I spoiled their fun by having enough savvy, tech knowledge and good equipment that I debunked pretty much everything. Like the times people are ooing and aaahing over a K2 meter that appears to be responding to questions intelligently and I demonstrate that the K2 is picking up RF from a fire alarm, walkie talkie, leaky ground wire.... People don't like being shown that their "paranormal evidence" is perfectly explainable. They'd rather believe that what they're hearing on their Frank's Box (http://www.ghost-tech.com/franks.php) is really a ghost.

KC2UGV
12-02-2010, 11:33 AM
Welcome to my world, though I don't like most investigation teams either, so I guess we're even. I wondered why some people hated having me on an investigation for a long time and then I realized what it was. I spoiled their fun by having enough savvy, tech knowledge and good equipment that I debunked pretty much everything. Like the times people are ooing and aaahing over a K2 meter that appears to be responding to questions intelligently and I demonstrate that the K2 is picking up RF from a fire alarm, walkie talkie, leaky ground wire.... People don't like being shown that their "paranormal evidence" is perfectly explainable. They'd rather believe that what they're hearing on their Frank's Box (http://www.ghost-tech.com/franks.php) is really a ghost.

And that is why they hate having me around :) When I start explaining, that due to poor sheilding, and a craptastic mic element, coupled with a high-noise unit; the "voices" on their pocket digital recorder is most likely:

* AM Broadcast stations
* Nearby air traffic
* Possibly a powerful nearby FM transmitter

And their K2 meters are really just broad banded RF field meters. Showed them the same thing when I brought in my Rat Shack Field Strength meter, and it moved most every time the K2 lit up.

They get really pissy when I demonstrate a crystal radio, and how simple it is to rectify RF transmissions into sound... Or, when I explain that voices can sound very different after they experienced "long path distortion" or about 25 ft. (Ie, bending around walls).

As an aside, I found a local group that is really cool to work with: One Step Beyond Paranormal. You should join their meetup.

N2CHX
12-02-2010, 11:50 AM
Well, I agree with you on MOST EVP. I have caught EVP that is not explainable though, and it was on equipment that I tested at the WWKB transmitter site for RF shielding. The recorder I used for my later catches was pretty high quality. 44.1 sampling and a high bitrate. I have a theory on why some equipment captures EVP better than others, which I'll talk about some other time. I agree though, 99% of "EVP" is BS also, but there are definitely a small number of captures that I have to say are pretty credible. But it's a small percentage. Out of six years of my own investigating, I have a grand total of about 10 EVP I think are legit and I don't even consider them to be irrefutable evidence, though a couple of them are quite convincing. That's from dozens of investigations where I typically have two to six audio channels being recorded simultaneously -- about 8 to 30 hours of audio per investigation.

NQ6U
12-02-2010, 01:26 PM
My pet theory about some of this weird unexplainable stuff is that, in the multiverse, there are places/times where/when the "barriers" between dimensions are not quite as absolute as they normally are. Of course, I have absolutely no evidence to back this up so it's just another crackpot idea. I find it more acceptable than spirits none the less.

W7XF
12-03-2010, 11:14 AM
Corey...
How would you react if another guy told you that you're the hottest thing since sliced bread??

KC2UGV
12-03-2010, 11:19 AM
Well, I agree with you on MOST EVP. I have caught EVP that is not explainable though, and it was on equipment that I tested at the WWKB transmitter site for RF shielding. The recorder I used for my later catches was pretty high quality. 44.1 sampling and a high bitrate. I have a theory on why some equipment captures EVP better than others, which I'll talk about some other time. I agree though, 99% of "EVP" is BS also, but there are definitely a small number of captures that I have to say are pretty credible. But it's a small percentage. Out of six years of my own investigating, I have a grand total of about 10 EVP I think are legit and I don't even consider them to be irrefutable evidence, though a couple of them are quite convincing. That's from dozens of investigations where I typically have two to six audio channels being recorded simultaneously -- about 8 to 30 hours of audio per investigation.

See, that's something I would look at credibly (We've talked about this in an eyeball-qso before).

It's the little $40 Sony Recorders I laugh about :)

My pet theory about some of this weird unexplainable stuff is that, in the multiverse, there are places/times where/when the "barriers" between dimensions are not quite as absolute as they normally are. Of course, I have absolutely no evidence to back this up so it's just another crackpot idea. I find it more acceptable than spirits none the less.

At least you admit you're basically pulling it from your fourth point of contact, and not acting like a credible source. And, FWIW, that's the idea I lean towards as well.

Corey...
How would you react if another guy told you that you're the hottest thing since sliced bread??

Well, that's an easy question (It's happened): I'd be flattered. Generally speaking (And no slight any any gay men), but gay men tend to be more concerned about looks than heterosexual men. Their own looks, and others. So, if I look good to a gay guy, then I really must look good :lol: