PDA

View Full Version : Identify this connector, Part 2

N8YX
11-27-2010, 10:51 AM
Once upon a time, these were used to supply AC power to a variety of home electronics devices (reel to reel tape decks being the most common example) and amateur radio equipment.

Connector dimensions are 0.940"w x 0.500" h. Opposite end of cord is standard 3-prong grounded unit.

Can anyone tell me whatizzit? Better yet, do you have one (or a complete cord) in your junk box that you would be willing to part with?

I have a pair of Infotech M200E terminals - one sans cord, the other with. The receptacle could be swapped for a modern computer type but there's an effective EMI filter built into the existing one and I don't want to hack the case up just yet.

Any and all help is appreciated.

kf0rt
11-27-2010, 11:20 AM
Does it match IEC 60906-1 pin dimensions?

http://www.fam-oud.nl/~plugsocket/IEC60906-1.html

NQ6U
11-27-2010, 11:24 AM
"Digital Museum of Plugs and Sockets."

I swear, you can find every possible sort of perversion on the Internet...

(I showed that to the XYL; she laughed and said "well, now I know what you do after I go to bed.")

N8YX
11-27-2010, 11:25 AM
Doesn't appear to. Pins are 0.125" dia; distance between outside pins (center to center) is 0.600" while the distance between each of the outside pins to the center pin (center to center) is 0.300". Inside of the receptacle and outside of the plug are both rounded.

kf0rt
11-27-2010, 11:26 AM
"Digital Museum of Plugs and Sockets."

I swear, you can find every possible sort of perversion on the Internet...

(I showed that to the XYL; she laughed and said "well, now I know what you do after I go to bed.")

Didja tell her that you have a different "plugs and sockets" site for that? :whistle:

N8YX
11-27-2010, 11:26 AM
Search for mating connectors. What else is there to do on the Internet? :snicker:

N8YX
11-27-2010, 11:41 AM
Bazingo - Surplus Sales to the rescue again:

http://www.surplussales.com/Images/Electrical/Cords/wcc-ac-cord.jpg

Thus finishes the search.

I don't like to sell equipment without power or interface cables, and this completes the set I need for the Infotech units.

HUGH
12-19-2010, 12:46 PM
Bare ends (oops, being rude again) and matchsticks, technical stuff of the school dormitory? I don't do that now but nice Chinese people make plastic boxes to hide your more dangerous connections in, not quite fireproof though.