PDA

View Full Version : And you are in jail for what!?

KA5PIU
11-25-2010, 09:56 PM
Hello.

A gentleman is sitting in jail right now.
He was driving through a school zone at 40+.
His explanation was that "That the wife wanted me out of the house".
The plates on the car he was driving were not current, so he takes the plates that a friend gave him.
That set of plates is off a stolen car. :irked:
I met the guy when we were both running heavy equipment.
He gets put in jail for stupid chit all the time!
Anyhow, waiting for his release, did not even try bail. :hand:
42 year old crazy Mexican, what can I say? :-P
He would have been better off with NO plates!
Gonna cost $140 to get the car out of impound. :nono:
Happy Turkey day everybody!

N5RLR
11-25-2010, 10:18 PM
*downs shot of vodka* We can always depend in Rudy for a good story. :snicker:

W3WN
11-25-2010, 11:48 PM
Textbook case of a schlimazel.

NQ6U
11-26-2010, 12:03 AM
schlimazel | sh ləˈmäzəl| (also schlemazel)
noun informal
a consistently unlucky or accident-prone person.

KA5PIU
11-26-2010, 12:18 AM
Hello.

I really is a nice guy, as long as he is not drunk and pissed,
His first crash with the law was for truancy, yet he was expelled from school!
He went to the pen for beating the hell out out of some smart ass cop.
It would not have been so bad except he stepped on his hands and head, bounced on his belly, the whole bit.
The last few arrests have all been stupid chit, like bounced checks or throwing beer bottles at cop cars, If you are going to screw up, do it right!!!! ;)

kb2crk
11-26-2010, 07:18 AM
Hello.

It would not have been so bad except he stepped on his hands and head, bounced on his belly, the whole bit.
The last few arrests have all been stupid chit, like bounced checks or throwing beer bottles at cop cars, If you are going to screw up, do it right!!!! ;)

driving with fake plates? bounces checks? throws beer bottles at cop cars? sounds like he might get exactly what he deserves.

N2CHX
11-26-2010, 07:49 AM
might?

kb2crk
11-26-2010, 08:18 AM
5 years ago i was locked up and my van towed because of a tailight that was out and an old seatbelt ticket. the 15 dollar fine for the seatbelt had become 175 bucks and the impound yard that was 1/4 mile from where i was stopped charged 160 to get my van back the same night. to add insult to injury the bad bulb in the taillight ticket was another 98. the bulb burned out that day a few minutes before the stop.

N2CHX
11-26-2010, 08:26 AM
5 years ago i was locked up and my van towed because of a tailight that was out and an old seatbelt ticket. the 15 dollar fine for the seatbelt had become 175 bucks and the impound yard that was 1/4 mile from where i was stopped charged 160 to get my van back the same night. to add insult to injury the bad bulb in the taillight ticket was another 98. the bulb burned out that day a few minutes before the stop.

That's insane.

kb2crk
11-26-2010, 08:31 AM
That's insane.

that is the great state of georgia. especially if you are a damn yankee.

KE7DKN
11-26-2010, 08:32 AM
Hello.

Schizophrenia, or multiple personalities?

N2CHX
11-26-2010, 08:34 AM
that is the great state of georgia. especially if you are a damn yankee.

Yeah, no offense but remind me to never visit there.

kb2crk
11-26-2010, 08:46 AM
Yeah, no offense but remind me to never visit there.

none taken. that was in a small town about 40 miles from where i am now. it is quite a bit better as you get closer to athens and atlanta. noticed that i named cities but did not say civilization. i am not sure that it exists here...lol

ki4itv
11-26-2010, 09:24 AM
schlimazel | sh ləˈmäzəl| (also schlemazel)
noun informal
a consistently unlucky or accident-prone person.

Thanks Carl, you just answered a long running Lavern and Shirley curiosity for me.

suddenseer
11-26-2010, 09:29 AM
none taken. that was in a small town about 40 miles from where i am now. it is quite a bit better as you get closer to athens and atlanta. noticed that i named cities but did not say civilization. i am not sure that it exists here...lolIt's funny you mention those two locations. I would say 90% of my college years in Ga. were between those two zones of civility. I did get pulled over my first few months there. I would guess for the yankee plates on my car. The cop called me "son" a few times. He sent me on my way.

kb2crk
11-26-2010, 09:34 AM
It's funny you mention those two locations. I would say 90% of my college years in Ga. were between those two zones of civility. I did get pulled over my first few months there. I would guess for the yankee plates on my car. The cop called me "son" a few times. He sent me on my way.

i love it when the deputy is about 22 and just out of the academy and calls me boy.

i have not had that happen since i made the move from the carolina line to just outside of athens.

KA5PIU
11-26-2010, 09:59 AM
Hello.

The same in Texas, let a ticket "age" and it gets expensive!
The bounced checks were under $100 total, had he simply paid them he would have been in the clear, but nearly $600 later.
He is out, and out of the house again, the old lady gave him the boot.
When he was at the other job I called him 'Mazda Killer'.
He hit a guardrail with the mini pickup and knocked the crap out of it, and did not tell the big boss.
The Superintendent told him to tell the project boss, who was on vacation but he had to wait until after he comes back and sees it on his own, boy was that man pissed off!
After that we were no longer allowed to take anything home, just the supers and above.
And rules, like no smoking in company vehicles or equipment?!
I though it was really funny when one of the hands was in a real hurry to cash his check so he takes the loader down to the ace cash express place, right before 5 o' clock, had to sit there for 2 hours as he was blocked in by all the cars, and the owner of the company sitting there. ;) that was his last paycheck.

suddenseer
11-26-2010, 10:00 AM
i love it when the deputy is about 22 and just out of the academy and calls me boy.

i have not had that happen since i made the move from the carolina line to just outside of athens.Well up here, as down there I-75 is supposedly a huge illegal drug pipeline. The cops profile 'suspicious' looking vehicles. I must fit their profile. The last time I was pulled over in Ga. it was way down south. I went off the road to go to that tiny BBQ shack with all of the cars & trucks. A local cop pulled us over. He said I went left of center. My partner was in the shotgun seat. My daughter, son in law, and screaming baby grandson were in the back seat. I only heard about half of what the kid said. He ran my plates, license, made sure I had an insurance card. I guess that cops see an outlaw when they look at me. We did have drugs in the truck. Nexium, blood pressure meds, all prescription hi hi.

W3WN
11-26-2010, 11:17 AM
Hello.

Yup. Definitely a schlimazel. And a putz to boot.

W3WN
11-26-2010, 11:23 AM
Thanks Carl, you just answered a long running Lavern and Shirley curiosity for me.
Imagine going to a fancy-schmancy restaurant. You know the type, everyone dressed to the nines, high society, nose in the air, and if-you-have-to-ask-what-the-hell-are-you-doing-in-here type of menu and attitude of wait staff.

So, someone orders as their appetizer the featured soup of the day: Borscht. A nice, hot, steamy, traditional Russian borscht.

As you are watching, you see a waiter approach the table that ordered the borscht. As he approaches, he trips, and the steaming bowl of borscht lands full on the gentleman that ordered it. Covers him head to toe. Ruins his suit. Ruins the expensive dress of his dinner companion (date, wife, whatever) as well.

The waiter is the schlimiel.
The gentleman is the schlimazel.

KE7DKN
11-26-2010, 11:24 AM
Yup. Definitely a schlimazel. And a putz to boot.

More like a work of fiction.

W3WN
11-26-2010, 11:25 AM
More like a work of fiction.That too.

WØTKX
11-26-2010, 11:41 AM
Fractured Fairy Tales?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJfcfOgLjxQ

kf0rt
11-26-2010, 12:05 PM
Imagine going to a fancy-schmancy restaurant. You know the type, everyone dressed to the nines, high society, nose in the air, and if-you-have-to-ask-what-the-hell-are-you-doing-in-here type of menu and attitude of wait staff.

So, someone orders as their appetizer the featured soup of the day: Borscht. A nice, hot, steamy, traditional Russian borscht.

As you are watching, you see a waiter approach the table that ordered the borscht. As he approaches, he trips, and the steaming bowl of borscht lands full on the gentleman that ordered it. Covers him head to toe. Ruins his suit. Ruins the expensive dress of his dinner companion (date, wife, whatever) as well.

The waiter is the schlimiel.
The gentleman is the schlimazel.

Got it. But, who's schmancy? :lol:

WØTKX
11-26-2010, 12:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biHJ6S91xBY

KA5PIU
11-26-2010, 12:47 PM
Hello.

Actually this is true, and not all that uncommon at that.
Since I do not drink as a matter of course I have a built in alibi.
But,,,,.
Then working for Zachery construction for the first time I was asked to go to work on the ranch, they do not pay you but do feed you.
I was put on a gasoline powered edger and given a can of gas and told to work, somebody would be by with water.
I saw a DPS trooper drive by around 9am and waved.
Around 1 to 2 in the afternoon I had no more fuel nor water.
At around 3 I decided to rest.
Around 4:30 I was arrested for public intoxication and taken in.
A blood test showed no alcohol present but severe dehydration.
It turns out that the DPS officer saw me on the ground and decided to call it in over concern.
When county called the Zachery people they said that I was drunk.
There are police reports to back this up 100%.
Yet when the safety director runs into the side of the police station after being called in, drunk on his arse, nothing was done.
It is very much who you know.

KE7DKN
11-26-2010, 01:16 PM
A bullshit story on top of another bullshit story on top of another...

What a surprise. :\

KA5PIU
11-26-2010, 11:10 PM
Hello.

Kind of like a guy who bounced a basketball on the side of a cop car?
http://www.theawfultruth.com/wallet/
Fact of the matter is that if a cop gets kicked off the force in San Antonio he ends up as places like Zachery in the safety department.
Only after he applied to leave the country on a job and was denied a visa for a murder conviction was this discovered.
At Olmos Equipment the safety director was a convicted felon ex cop.
In fact, by and large, the number of felons in the construction trades are far larger than the average in nearly every other industry.
http://www.jobsforfelons.net/2009/12/jobs-for-convicted-felons-through-construction-sites-in-2010/
Did JD actually throw a beer bottle at a cop car? if he did he is a miracle man!
It was noted that he was in handcuffs when the marked unit in question arrived.
And if somebody is interested.

Olmos Equipment.
440 Pinn Rd.

Zachery Construction.
527 Logwood.

Remember that right up until GW was elected I had a level of respect for most cops.
After I saw all this latest and greatest, like 70+ year olds getting tasered, the 'Don't Tase me bro' incident, and my own personal observations, I am flat out afraid of the police.
I would have said the King beating was an isolated incident.
But now we have drug laws that might as well be the new prohibition.
This one person just does get arrested, some have a knack for it.
But once you are on the police chit list you are going to jail for everything.
Be black or Latino and you are a suspect, that is just a given.

W4RLR
11-27-2010, 12:53 AM
that is the great state of georgia. especially if you are a damn yankee.Just payback for what Sherman did during the final days of the War Between The States. We Southerners are friendly folk, but we can hold a grudge.:yes:

kb2crk
11-27-2010, 10:42 AM
Just payback for what Sherman did during the final days of the War Between The States. We Southerners are friendly folk, but we can hold a grudge.:yes:

but you live in a yankee state.....lol florida is like a combo of israel, new york, and cuba....

KE7DKN
11-27-2010, 02:48 PM
Hello.

Kind of like a guy who bounced a basketball on the side of a cop car?
http://www.theawfultruth.com/wallet/

There's no mention of a basketball in your citation, nor does the website lend any credibility to your own story. Just more bullshit for the pile, eh?

KG4CGC
11-27-2010, 03:07 PM
but you live in a yankee state.....lol florida is like a combo of israel, new york, and cuba....
Been-Go! Yep. Snowbirds for the longest time have been moving down there and trying to change everything. Well, they succeeded long ago. Anyone remember the flap over the T-back? That's what they called a type of thong bathing suit for women. Some enterprising young entrepreneurs got the idea to have lovely ladies clad in T-backs selling hot-dogs on and near the beach. Well this got the senile vote in a tizzy and they used their retirement dollars to ban the suits altogether in Ef-El-Aay.

This isn't even remotely recent, the earlier senile voters used their money to indoctrinate the young of the state to band together against certain entertainers in the 60s. Fork them all.

KA5PIU
11-30-2010, 02:16 AM
Hello.

He had enough!
John Leroy Beckett II is now dead.
I met him when I was hauling cattle for L&H Packing, he was my co-driver for a while but got involved in drugs.
At one point he got a job with a smaller carrier and ran over a car but did not stop but instead dragged the car nearly 1/4 mile.
He went to prison after he assaulted police officers at the scene.
In prison he was sodomized.
When he was finally released he was unable to get a CDL and so could only drive the smaller trucks, and only local.
He was quickly arrested on a drug charge.
The last job he held was running a tractor cutting grass along highway ROW.
I saw him in the Bexar county lockup on thanksgiving day.
He was found dead, perhaps the drop in temp had something to do with it.
I simply do not take in "strays", leaving that to the shelters.
No family, no job, no home.

KE7DKN
11-30-2010, 11:40 AM
Imaginary people always seem to die before their time. :cry:

NQ6U
11-30-2010, 11:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5JCp2Hd5L8

W4RLR
11-30-2010, 02:28 PM
but you live in a yankee state.....lol florida is like a combo of israel, new york, and cuba....Ah, but when I was born, Miami was as Southern as Birmingham. When the Yankees started to stay, and when the Cuban exile community put down roots, that was the end of Miami being pronounced " My Am Uh" and the beginning of being pronounced "Me Am Me".

If you look at a Florida map, I am WEST of the time zone line. We're on Central time here, the genteel ways and mores of the Southern lifestyle still hold sway here, and our beaches are known as "The Redneck Riviera". Also unlike the rest of Florida, the panhandle is a Republican stronghold. Al Gore found this out to his sorrow when his camp declared victory an hour before the polls closed in the western part of the state.

WØTKX
11-30-2010, 08:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ld8DQkC6po

W3WN
11-30-2010, 09:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ld8DQkC6po

Please! My eyes!