PDA

View Full Version : CQ WW DX CW is just around the corner !

KB3LIX
11-25-2010, 10:51 AM
The CW version of CQ WW begins in just over 32 hours.

Starts Saturday at 0000z 11-27-2010 ( 7pm EST in Pennsylvania )

48 hours of CW mayhem !!!

Good time to pick up some new countries on CW for DXCC.

Break out those keys, paddles or even keyboards, and let the MAYHEM BEGIN !!!!

Good luck.

KC9ECI
11-25-2010, 01:16 PM
I'll be keyboarding it. In theory FlexRadio has fixed the issues with CW and the Flex 1500. I'm just going to troll the DX cluster and work on my DXCC totals.

W3WN
11-28-2010, 06:20 PM
I'll be keyboarding it. In theory FlexRadio has fixed the issues with CW and the Flex 1500. I'm just going to troll the DX cluster and work on my DXCC totals.
How'd that work out? I'm very curious, as I've played a little with W3WH's Flex 3000 (which he just sold, to buy another Elecraft, but that's another story)

Gave up about 90 minutes before contest end. I didn't do very well. The antenna mechanics caught up with me on Thursday (in other words, a windstorm nearly tore the temporary mounting for the HF6 out of the ground, and left the vertical somewhat precarious), so between that and having to do something with the poor inverted "L", I didn't have much RF going skyways. I'm sure the earthworms appreciated the warmth though.

The '6' is fine, BTW... I spent some time late this morning removing it from the temporary mounting and moving it to a different post of the fence, and it's working pretty much as it should again (I do have to adjust the 80 meter coil again). Need to stick a few more radials under it, but that won't take long. Fixed the "L" right after half-time. Oh well, why should I expect anything to break right before a contest, right?

Add in a sudden death in the family that required some attention... well all things considered, I'm happy I worked anyone.

KC9ECI
11-28-2010, 07:09 PM
Not worth a damn. I'm just not impressed with this rig as far as sending CW via the software. I haven't bothered to try a key yet. Mostly due to a lack of ambition towards finding a 1/8 stereo plug. I switched over to the 706. I picked off a few new ones today and then HV0A came across the cluster on 20M phone so I spent a while trying to break the pile on that one. Gave up and took the kid to visit my mom. Sorry to hear about the death in the family, condolences all around.

KB3LIX
11-29-2010, 06:09 AM
I didn't do bad.

574 Q's...262 countries...82 zones

552,120 points

100 watts, a chunk of zip-cord and a 4BTV vertical.

102 discreet countries, DXCC in one weekend. IT CAN BE DONE !!!!
Even with a crappy setup.

N1BHH
12-07-2010, 06:25 PM
More like 48 hours of 599 repeat your call.

KB3LIX
12-07-2010, 10:28 PM
More like 48 hours of 599 repeat your call.

Don't like contests ???

DON'T PARTICIPATE !!!!!