kf0rt
11-23-2010, 05:38 PM
Email from eBay:

Congratulations!
It's your eBay anniversary--year 12

dakdawg,
We want to say thanks and let you know how much we value
having you as an eBay community member. All of at us eBay
wish you the very best in the year to come.
Thank you!

Does this mean that this Internet thingy isn't just a fad? And damn... whutta cash cow eBay is... for them.

KG4CGC
11-23-2010, 05:42 PM
Ever notice how all their competitors got squashed?

NQ6U
11-23-2010, 05:46 PM
Ever notice how all their competitors got squashed?

They hired Tony Soprano, you know.

N2CHX
11-23-2010, 05:54 PM
I'd be worried that it was a phishing scheme.

kf0rt
11-23-2010, 07:16 PM
I'd be worried that it was a phishing scheme.

Nah, it was legit. I'm just thinking about how eBay and Craigslist have changed the landscape over the last decade.

BTW (and this sucks). My last eBay transaction was a 1969 Callbook from a fella in Washington. No problems at all, but what's this? I was charged sales tax on this "peer to peer" transaction. Matter of fact, bought a sewing machine for my daughter on Amazon a couple weeks ago (long story) and was charged sales tax on that, too. This is the first time I've ever seen sales taxes on either eBay or Amazon. I think this has to do with Colorado enacting a law earlier this year that taxes Internet sales.

The free ride was fun, but I think it's over. :(

ETA: Not a Callbook collector, but have books for 1969 and 1974. If anyone needs a lookup from that era, just ask. I was looking for the guy who gave me my Novice exam in 1969. His name was Darrel, and I thought his call was WØMGQ, but there are no hits in either book. My memory sucks!

kc7jty
11-23-2010, 07:20 PM
Also can be termed as Anular Diameter Expansion Enhancement Processes.

N7RJD
11-23-2010, 07:21 PM
Nah, it was legit. I'm just thinking about how eBay and Craigslist have changed the landscape over the last decade.

BTW (and this sucks). My last eBay transaction was a 1969 Callbook from a fella in Washington. No problems at all, but what's this? I was charged sales tax on this "peer to peer" transaction. Matter of fact, bought a sewing machine for my daughter on Amazon a couple weeks ago (long story) and was charged sales tax on that, too. This is the first time I've ever seen sales taxes on either eBay or Amazon. I think this has to do with Colorado enacting a law earlier this year that taxes Internet sales.

The free ride was fun, but I think it's over. :(

Speak for yourself. Even when in Colorado I'll just have it shipped home and have an excuse to
run up there and wave at the wife. Can't stop long enough to talk to her, gotta get back and
play with my new toy whatever it happens to be at the time.

kf0rt
11-23-2010, 07:28 PM
Speak for yourself. Even when in Colorado I'll just have it shipped home and have an excuse to
run up there and wave at the wife. Can't stop long enough to talk to her, gotta get back and
play with my new toy whatever it happens to be at the time.

Fhuck... I'm just too lazy to go to the store. Internet + UPS rocks, but now it costs more.

kf0rt
11-23-2010, 07:29 PM
Also can be termed as Anular Diameter Expansion Enhancement Processes.

<scratches head>

KG4CGC
11-23-2010, 07:39 PM
<scratches head>
Stolen from real science.

N7RJD
11-23-2010, 08:18 PM
Fhuck... I'm just too lazy to go to the store. Internet + UPS rocks, but now it costs more.

I do sometimes just have things shipped to work so I don't have to worry about it but if it's something
I'm not in a big hurry for or one of those paranoid shippers that won't ship to an alternate address
I'll have it shipped to the house. I have a Leatherman pocket multi-tool waiting up there for me now.
I finally decided to replace it after losing it almost four years ago to the Deputy standing watch over
the metal detector at the Weld County Courthouse when we had to appear at a Board of Supervisors
meeting. I didn't have time to run back to the car and the only choices were take it to the car or lose it.
Thing had a blade too small to kill cockroaches but it was deemed a weapon.

KG4CGC
11-23-2010, 08:27 PM
I do sometimes just have things shipped to work so I don't have to worry about it but if it's something
I'm not in a big hurry for or one of those paranoid shippers that won't ship to an alternate address
I'll have it shipped to the house. I have a Leatherman pocket multi-tool waiting up there for me now.
I finally decided to replace it after losing it almost four years ago to the Deputy standing watch over
the metal detector at the Weld County Courthouse when we had to appear at a Board of Supervisors
meeting. I didn't have time to run back to the car and the only choices were take it to the car or lose it.
I bet he sells all that stuff at the flea market since he's not elitist enough to use ebay.

kf0rt
11-23-2010, 08:31 PM

Hello?