11-13-2010, 07:13 AM
Boo Hoo. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hyeL1FLQro&feature=related

PA5COR
11-13-2010, 07:28 AM
If you can't do the time......

ki4itv
11-13-2010, 01:17 PM
If you're passionate about your work, what's so wrong with becoming emotionally attached to a perfectly executed positive outcome?
Everyone should care so much.

(ok, so I don't have sound at worK) :lol:

KG4CGC
11-13-2010, 02:55 PM
What do these bait set ups accomplish? They never lead to busting the big time people that they are after. I would even go as far as saying that most of these types of operations are based on racist demographics.

When I was in high school, our principle did something similar. He dropped small amounts of marijuana in the areas of the campus where the minorities would congregate. He had look outs set up with binoculars and walkie talkies to watch the area from a good distance. If a kid picked up the dope, he would be signaled to swoop in with another adult, usually the shop teacher or a coach. One kid was was just inside the main office door to tell the administration about the dope he found but his career as a student was ended regardless.

This is the same man who at age 33, had sex with a student on school grounds during school hours while he was a vice principal. Did they charge him with anything? No, they promoted him.

w2amr
11-13-2010, 03:00 PM
What do these bait set ups accomplish? You mean besides keeping me entertained?

N2NH
11-13-2010, 03:08 PM
Dayum!!

NQ6U
11-13-2010, 03:12 PM
I was channel-surfing one night and came across that show. It made me decide that if I ever came across that set-up, I'd shut the engine off and lock the keys inside just to piss the cops off.

kc7jty
11-13-2010, 09:09 PM
Portugese again.

KA5PIU
11-13-2010, 10:10 PM
What do these bait set ups accomplish? They never lead to busting the big time people that they are after. I would even go as far as saying that most of these types of operations are based on racist demographics.

When I was in high school, our principle did something similar. He dropped small amounts of marijuana in the areas of the campus where the minorities would congregate. He had look outs set up with binoculars and walkie talkies to watch the area from a good distance. If a kid picked up the dope, he would be signaled to swoop in with another adult, usually the shop teacher or a coach. One kid was was just inside the main office door to tell the administration about the dope he found but his career as a student was ended regardless.

This is the same man who at age 33, had sex with a student on school grounds during school hours while he was a vice principal. Did they charge him with anything? No, they promoted him.

Hello.

VERY common in Texas.
I saw this going on when I was going to school and called the cops.
I was flat out told that this was none of my business.
Since that time I have built dozens of spy cam transmitters and have helped people clear their name.
A drug offense on your record is not a good thing and the fact that people in authority do this just makes it worse.
In my era the best I could do was to disassemble a radio shack plug in intercom and reassemble this inside the coffee pot in the teachers lounge when it needed to be repaired.
The range was but a few hundred feet so we modded the other half and used a cheap wireless transmitter.
This worked for several years after I left. ;)
In Alamo Heights Texas Mexicans were tolerated but blacks were pretty much screwed, and one of the reasons the football team did so bad, the last thing anyone not white wanted was to be around the jocks and coach.
I am now known as "Rudy the Rat" by some members of law enforcement due to my involvement with evidence collection.

w2amr
11-14-2010, 03:47 AM
Hello.

VERY common in Texas.
I saw this going on when I was going to school and called the cops.
I was flat out told that this was none of my business.
Since that time I have built dozens of spy cam transmitters and have helped people clear their name.
A drug offense on your record is not a good thing and the fact that people in authority do this just makes it worse.
In my era the best I could do was to disassemble a radio shack plug in intercom and reassemble this inside the coffee pot in the teachers lounge when it needed to be repaired.
The range was but a few hundred feet so we modded the other half and used a cheap wireless transmitter.
This worked for several years after I left. ;)
In Alamo Heights Texas Mexicans were tolerated but blacks were pretty much screwed, and one of the reasons the football team did so bad, the last thing anyone not white wanted was to be around the jocks and coach.
I am now known as "Rudy the Rat" by some members of law enforcement due to my involvement with evidence collection.Didn't you represent them in court? I'm sure you're a lawyer too.

NQ6U
11-14-2010, 03:54 AM
Didn't you represent them in court? I'm sure you're a lawyer too.

No, but he'd swoop in and rescue them from the clutches of the Evil Principal at the last minute in his APU-equipped Bell Model 47, then whisk them off to a madrassa in Neuevo Laredo.

w2amr
11-14-2010, 08:08 AM
Another good one.
" I just wanted to show it to my homies"
:lol: Pull up yer pants and go to jail you dumb fluck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWoojSYoZ-8

kc7jty
11-15-2010, 12:49 AM
FI & leaf spring front end on de Fal-cone?
Hey, luke at me mon, I'm driving a Es mon.

KA5PIU
11-15-2010, 09:32 AM
Didn't you represent them in court? I'm sure you're a lawyer too.

Hello.

The second return to Texas was in 1973.
I did real well in all the testing but was somewhat of an outcast, no desire for any of the contact sports and had a genuine interest in learning.
The true dopeheads were the white kids, the hippies.
There were a very small number of blacks in school and it was very clear that they did not belong.
I wanted a drivers license and was told that "If you make the (football) team you get your license".
The coach ran drivers ed and without the drivers ed approval you could not get a license prior to age 16.
So I used my other license and bought a Mexican license, riding a scooter and tractor around.
But there was indeed a court case that argued discrimination and Alamo Heights.
http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/conlaw/sanantoniovrodriquez.html
This was economic discrimination.

VE7DCW
11-16-2010, 12:52 AM
Hello.

The second return to Texas was in 1973.
I did real well in all the testing but was somewhat of an outcast, no desire for any of the contact sports and had a genuine interest in learning.
The true dopeheads were the white kids, the hippies.
There were a very small number of blacks in school and it was very clear that they did not belong.
I wanted a drivers license and was told that "If you make the (football) team you get your license".
The coach ran drivers ed and without the drivers ed approval you could not get a license prior to age 16.
So I used my other license and bought a Mexican license, riding a scooter and tractor around.
But there was indeed a court case that argued discrimination and Alamo Heights.
http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/conlaw/sanantoniovrodriquez.html
This was economic discrimination.

Rudy ..... the thread title is "Cry baby CAR thief" ...not Cowthief ..... :rofl:

WV6Z
11-17-2010, 01:45 AM
I hate to hear about your bad experience in school Charles, but sorry, I have to agree with George on this one..... the guys (and gal) in these two videos are dumb asses and get what they deserve and frankly, that's guys like George and I laughing at them for being stupid enough to try to pull a fast one and take advantage of others via theft..... Screw em..... it's an Escalade, not a damned roach coach, so it's not like they ripped someone off to feed themselves or their starving children.

KG4CGC
11-17-2010, 02:23 AM
I hate to hear about your bad experience in school Charles, but sorry, I have to agree with George on this one..... the guys (and gal) in these two videos are dumb asses and get what they deserve and frankly, that's guys like George and I laughing at them for being stupid enough to try to pull a fast one and take advantage of others via theft..... Screw em..... it's an Escalade, not a damned roach coach, so it's not like they ripped someone off to feed themselves or their starving children.
Tom, they are making entertainment in much the same way a cruel child pokes a hamster in a cage with a pencil. Is that police work?
I've always thought it fascinating how we can support a police state way of looking at life when we agree with the way it is done or who it is targeting. The police who work the beat know who is who in those neighborhoods. These tactics they use are just another example of the power trip some Law Enforcement Officers and departments are on, and we applaud them.
I must add that quite honestly, the fact that we consider this entertainment, not even to mention the smug sense of satisfaction watching these programs gives some of our population, really just shows how we've become less civilized in this country and more of a vengeful nature.
Consider that much of what we do in the name of Law and Order in this country, really exacerbates the problem. Showing this stuff on TV shows that even if they get Manuel Rodriguez or Alvin Greene off the street today, it's just a vicious cycle or self fulfilling prophecy if you will, the system is set up to keep the new ones coming on the scene to keep feeding the Beast.

w2amr
11-17-2010, 04:16 AM
Tom, they are making entertainment in much the same way a cruel child pokes a hamster in a cage with a pencil. Is that police work?
I've always thought it fascinating how we can support a police state way of looking at life when we agree with the way it is done or who it is targeting. The police who work the beat know who is who in those neighborhoods. These tactics they use are just another example of the power trip some Law Enforcement Officers and departments are on, and we applaud them.
I must add that quite honestly, the fact that we consider this entertainment, not even to mention the smug sense of satisfaction watching these programs gives some of our population, really just shows how we've become less civilized in this country and more of a vengeful nature.
Consider that much of what we do in the name of Law and Order in this country, really exacerbates the problem. Showing this stuff on TV shows that even if they get Manuel Rodriguez or Alvin Greene off the street today, it's just a vicious cycle or self fulfilling prophecy if you will, the system is set up to keep the new ones coming on the scene to keep feeding the Beast.On the other hand, every time one of these assholes is thrown in jail, that's one less person left to steal something that belongs to us. Remember Charles, If they didn't steal the bait vehicles they wouldn't go to jail, and there would be no bait carTV show.

KG4CGC
11-17-2010, 04:27 AM
Stupid is as stupid does, George.
Wouldn't you like to see where these car are headed? The cops don't seem to. How Reagan of them.

w2amr
11-17-2010, 04:32 AM
Stupid is as stupid does, George.
Wouldn't you like to see where these car are headed? The cops don't seem to. How Reagan of them. On a couple of episodes they were headed for chop shops , but they never made it.:lol:

KG4CGC
11-17-2010, 04:36 AM
So did they bust the chop shop?

w2amr
11-17-2010, 04:46 AM
So did they bust the chop shop?They didn't say.

KG4CGC
11-17-2010, 04:51 AM
Then they probably didn't. I'm sure if they did, they would have mentioned it.
I wonder why?

w2amr
11-17-2010, 04:57 AM
Then they probably didn't. I'm sure if they did, they would have mentioned it.
I wonder why?What difference does it make?

KG4CGC
11-17-2010, 05:03 AM
As it stands, they did nothing to remove they people willing to buy stolen vehicles, therefore the market is still there and as long as it is still there, even if they keep busting little wanna-be street thugs, new ones will be there to take up the slack, keeping the system in place going and the cycle continues.

Street crime like stealing cars to take to a chop shop is just a symptom of the greater problem that isn't addressed because it isn't lucrative for the system, the status quo as it is today. At least make it harder for the car thieves to find a fence.

w2amr
11-17-2010, 05:41 AM
As it stands, they did nothing to remove they people willing to buy stolen vehicles, therefore the market is still there and as long as it is still there, even if they keep busting little wanna-be street thugs, new ones will be there to take up the slack, keeping the system in place going and the cycle continues.

Street crime like stealing cars to take to a chop shop is just a symptom of the greater problem that isn't addressed because it isn't lucrative for the system, the status quo as it is today. At least make it harder for the car thieves to find a fence.
Most of the vehicles stolen on the show are taken for joy rides, and along they way they try to steal whatever they can find inside. The point is, nobody is forcing them to steal the vehicle. They have the option of walking by, but they don't because they are thieves.

NQ6U
11-17-2010, 11:31 AM
I'm with Charles on this one.

I don't like seeing police work made into entertainment and I also think that if they were truly serious about reducing car theft, they'd wait until the perp got the car to wherever he was headed and bust the fence. Judging by the one time I watched an entire Bait Car show, though, I think that most of the thefts were nothing more than joy rides so, now, they're mostly making felons out of stupid kids by giving them an almost irresistible opportunity. These kids will then go on to do time in the joint where they'll be exposed to real criminals and come out much worse that they were to begin with.

KG4CGC
11-17-2010, 12:45 PM
It's bad police work. They should put that effort into the community. I'm not trying to defend car thieves. I do think these sting operations that target this particular segment is like shooting fish in a barrel.
"Dude! It's an Escalade!"
Make the same show using older type cars that rappers don't care about and watch what happens. You might start catching some career criminals. The way it's set up now, it's like they are just trying to pad their bottom line.

w2amr
11-17-2010, 02:57 PM
I'm with Charles on this one.

I don't like seeing police work made into entertainment and I also think that if they were truly serious about reducing car theft, they'd wait until the perp got the car to wherever he was headed and bust the fence. Judging by the one time I watched an entire Bait Car show, though, I think that most of the thefts were nothing more than joy rides so, now, they're mostly making felons out of stupid kids by giving them an almost irresistible opportunity. These kids will then go on to do time in the joint where they'll be exposed to real criminals and come out much worse that they were to begin with.Many of the people people getting busted on these shows already have priors.

w2amr
11-17-2010, 03:02 PM
It's bad police work. They should put that effort into the community. I'm not trying to defend car thieves. I do think these sting operations that target this particular segment is like shooting fish in a barrel.
"Dude! It's an Escalade!"
Make the same show using older type cars that rappers don't care about and watch what happens. You might start catching some career criminals. The way it's set up now, it's like they are just trying to pad their bottom line.
They were saying that In some of these town like Compton, Car theft is out of control. They have to do something to try and slow it down. Maybe if they just asked these poor babies nicely to stop stealing cars ..............

KG4CGC
11-17-2010, 03:15 PM
They were saying that In some of these town like Compton, Car theft is out of control. They have to do something to try and slow it down. Maybe if they just asked these poor babies nicely to stop stealing cars ..............
You know, George, I never said anything remotely like that. If you want to play that card as many often do, there will never be a real solution to the problem, just more cold medicine to mask the symptoms.

NQ6U
11-17-2010, 04:12 PM

I get the distinct impression that you're not paying attention to what I said.

w2amr
11-17-2010, 04:19 PM
I get the distinct impression that you're not paying attention to what I said.
Let's review.

"I'm with Charles on this one.

I don't like seeing police work made into entertainment and I also think that if they were truly serious about reducing car theft, they'd wait until the perp got the car to wherever he was headed and bust the fence. Judging by the one time I watched an entire Bait Car show, though, I think that most of the thefts were nothing more than joy rides so, now, they're mostly making felons out of stupid kids by giving them an almost irresistible opportunity. These kids will then go on to do time in the joint where they'll be exposed to real criminals and come out much worse that they were to begin with. "

Yep, I got it.

NQ6U
11-17-2010, 04:42 PM
Let's review.

[...]

Yep, I got it.

And yet, you didn't seem to assimilate this part:

I also think that if they were truly serious about reducing car theft, they'd wait until the perp got the car to wherever he was headed and bust the fence.

See, if they were really interested in stopping car theft, that's what they'd be looking to do. Instead, they're making a big deal out of trapping the lowest rung of the criminal ladder. It's all bullshit--they're just trying to make themselves look good and give the voyeurs a thrill. That's not real law enforcement, it's show business.

KG4CGC
11-17-2010, 04:44 PM
That's not real law enforcement, it's show business.
Thank You.

w2amr
11-17-2010, 04:59 PM
And yet, you didn't seem to assimilate this part:

See, if they were really interested in stopping car theft, that's what they'd be looking to do. Instead, they're making a big deal out of trapping the lowest rung of the criminal ladder. It's all bullshit--they're just trying to make themselves look good and give the voyeurs a thrill. That's not real law enforcement, it's show business. Tell that to the car thieves who are serving time for grand theft auto.

w2amr
11-18-2010, 05:39 AM
The bait car program help to get this idiot 4 years in prison.
Oncoming oncoming :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyyphuxM8Xg

KG4CGC
11-18-2010, 05:37 PM
The bait car program help to get this idiot 4 years in prison.
Oncoming oncoming :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyyphuxM8Xg
That was a good one!

NQ6U
11-18-2010, 06:04 PM
What a moron.

So, the Canucks don't have the ability to shut the thing down remotely?

w2amr
11-19-2010, 05:00 AM
What a moron.

So, the Canucks don't have the ability to shut the thing down remotely?
Either that or they were trying to see how many laws he could break.

KG4CGC
11-20-2010, 01:57 PM
Currently on MSNBC, there is a program called, "Taking The Bait." They are tracking a car as it goes through the thief and the various accomplices as it gets set up and goes through each stage to a chop shop. Shutting down the resources for the thieves.
This is good programming and real work.

NQ6U
11-20-2010, 02:06 PM
That sounds more like it.