PDA

View Full Version : What's The Story With KB2IXT?

KG4CGC
11-12-2010, 09:56 PM
Scanning through the bands tonight as I have often done before. I come across the Marconi Radio Net, as I have run into before in the past as well.
Tonight his QRM'er is playing 70's pop music, good audio quality BTW, and another QRM'er is replaying sound bits of his past nets. Everytime I hear this net, there is always interference. Consistent, planned out, tenacious interference.
My question is: Why is there always interference on this net? What is the history here?

NQ6U
11-13-2010, 12:05 AM
Charles, I just did a Google search and came up with this page of opinions:

http://www.kb1jcy.org/node/25

I don't know if any of them are accurate or anything but apparently, he's pissed off more than a few people.

KG4CGC
11-13-2010, 01:01 AM
Another shit disturber playing the victim. OK. I get it.

N8YX
11-13-2010, 07:44 AM
Following comment nails is squarely:

"Sadly, the only purpose of this 'net', is to stroke Fred's misguided ego."

And then there's the (n)ever popular "I, Victum!" schtick.

ki4itv
11-13-2010, 12:39 PM
I seem to recall it all starting because of IXT always parking shoulder to chest, next to other nets....and if correctly, a long established AM net in the begining.

It seems if you can never get that right, you'll soon draw a large enough crowd of persistent goonies to make you infamous. :lol:
Otherwise known as Lid Magnet Status.

KJ3N
11-13-2010, 06:59 PM
I have not been on the Marconi net in quite some time, so take this with the proverbial "grain of salt".

My personal observations are that:

1) Fred's got a pretty big ego and doesn't take a lot of effort to conceal it. (yeah, I know... pot, meet kettle :lol: at least I'll admit it)

2) He's managed to piss off a number of people over the years, both intentionally and unintentionally.

3) He's in love with the sound of his own voice.

4) He doesn't seem to know when to STFU about the jammers. In many cases, I think he encourages them on purpose so he can play the "victim".

5) He doesn't know when to STFU in general.

6) Like most people who inhabit the General portion of 75m, he needs to Get A Life. :roll:

N7RJD
11-13-2010, 08:47 PM
6) Like most people who inhabit the General portion of 75m, he needs to Get A Life. :roll:

Or lose a gall bladder so he has something to talk about.:lol:

kd8dey
11-15-2010, 04:23 PM
Or lose a gall bladder so he has something to talk about.:lol:

Wrong net. I Think that's the 80m colostomy net you are thinking about.

W2NAP
11-15-2010, 05:23 PM
Wrong net. I Think that's the 80m colostomy net you are thinking about.

dont forget to join the i have the shits bad net, and im having a heart attack net, and it hurts when i pee net.

NQ6U
11-15-2010, 08:04 PM
dont forget to join the i have the shits bad net, and im having a heart attack net, and it hurts when i pee net.

The "It Hurts When I Do Anything" net...

W3WN
11-15-2010, 08:47 PM
To paraphrase Groucho Marx:

I don't care to belong to a net that accepts people like me as check-ins.

N7YA
11-22-2010, 08:35 PM
I rarely get this garbage while DXing on CW...i get an entirely different pile of garbage. :lol:

ki4itv
11-23-2010, 01:20 AM
I rarely get this garbage while DXing on CW...i get an entirely different pile of garbage. :lol:

Yea, and if'n I don't like what their saying...I just jot down what I want to hear.
I willed one op into the whole B side of Yessongs in a moment of fiery wonder.
Damn I miss that batch.

N7YA
11-23-2010, 02:06 AM
Oh man, i wish i still had that album. It was one of my first forays into the wonderful world of 70's prog rock. I downloaded the entire album off iTunes a couple of years ago, then my puter crashed and i lost it all. When i went back to get it during my music collection rebuilding era, i guess they lapsed the license to use/sell that album or something...but i still have are a few tracks i transfered to cd. I bet i can find it online fairly easy. I figured as much so i havent gone looking very hard, i admit. Great album...i used to own a Rickenbacker 4001 back in the 80's, just like Chris Squire uses, i miss that sound.

Well, that settles it. I just hijacked a thread on a subject of which i know nothing about, to discuss prog rock albums. Thats the Island for ya...good times, good times...

N8YX
11-23-2010, 07:41 AM
The Yes commentary prompted me to do a little Wiki searching.

I had no idea that the band (or its members performing as solo acts) recorded as much as they did..figured the late 80's was about it for them, as Yes certainly doesn't get much air play these days.

WRONG.

Time to start scouring the music stores again...