PDA

View Full Version : Pardon me while I brag about my kid for a minute.

al2n
11-05-2010, 09:57 PM
My youngest has always been bright, but today we got a call from her school. She ranked pretty high on the last round of testing and has been invited into the gifted child program. We meet with the teacher on Monday to learn the details.

Guess the program is reserved for the top 4% of students in the school district.

NA4BH
11-05-2010, 10:06 PM
Congratulations are in order. :agree:

(Start saving up for college) :yes:

KG4CGC
11-05-2010, 10:13 PM
Multi Congratulations!
No reason why we can't have cake now.

WX7P
11-05-2010, 10:29 PM
good for you, Mike. My daughter was the "student of the month" in middle school, which was really for the district and the semester. She got the award in front of the city council meeting. It feels good, when your kids do well.

kc7jty
11-05-2010, 10:31 PM
savor it.

WØTKX
11-05-2010, 11:24 PM
That rocks. I hope she takes advantage of it, especially if she's a little bored with regular school.

W4RLR
11-06-2010, 01:45 AM
I was never prouder than when my daughter was in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade about five years ago. Her high school band was the "Santa band", the last element before Santa gets to Herald Square. It made sitting in the car for the summer and fall watching the band practice for that gig all worthwhile.

Congrats on your young one making the gifted program!

N2CHX
11-06-2010, 06:54 AM
Awesome!

K7SGJ
11-06-2010, 09:25 AM
Good for her! I hope it's just the start of good things to come for all of you.

suddenseer
11-06-2010, 09:37 AM
My D- kid cat still whip your honor student's ass....from a bumper sticker.snicker. Good going, maybe it's that wild game, and fish you feed them. Most kids eat garbage from Archer Daniels Midland. You never know, your kids my be the ones who develops the cure for cancer. I hope our young people can fix all of the stuff we have screwed up. That is my hope these days.

kb2crk
11-06-2010, 10:05 AM
congrats on your child getting into the gifted program. it gets more intersting from here on......

KC2UGV
11-06-2010, 10:06 AM
C0ngrats the Mike! If youngest you mean under 6th grade you might also look into a Montesorri program for her to attend.

kb2crk
11-06-2010, 10:09 AM
My D- kid cat still whip your honor student's ass....from a bumper sticker.snicker. Good going, maybe it's that wild game, and fish you feed them. Most kids eat garbage from Archer Daniels Midland. You never know, your kids my be the ones who develops the cure for cancer. I hope our young people can fix all of the stuff we have screwed up. That is my hope these days.

my honor student can bench press you d- student and still make it to the game on time......lol
my one step daughter just found out that she is #1 in her class and is starting on the varsity basketball team.
i am very happy that she is trying to get into the naval acadamy. at least they will pay her to go to college..

oh yeah she is still a junior. got her varsity letter in track and field last year.

W3WN
11-06-2010, 11:07 AM
My youngest has always been bright, but today we got a call from her school. She ranked pretty high on the last round of testing and has been invited into the gifted child program. We meet with the teacher on Monday to learn the details.

Guess the program is reserved for the top 4% of students in the school district.

A round of applause! Tell her well done!

ki4itv
11-06-2010, 05:12 PM
:clap::dance: :yes:

NQ6U
11-06-2010, 05:13 PM
Teacher's Pet! Teacher's Pet! Teacher's Pet!

Just kidding. Congrats.

n6hcm
11-07-2010, 04:08 AM
better than having to tell how your kid has knocked up someone else's kid, crashes your cars several times, ...

sounds like great news to me.

kf0rt
11-07-2010, 06:48 AM
Congrats, Mike! May her zest for learning last another 80 years. ;)

al2n
11-08-2010, 09:48 PM
Met with the teacher for the gifted program today to sign the permission slips and such. She described the program and we could tell right away that it is just what Sarah needs and will love. Just one day a week away from regular classes, so she will still be with her friends most of the time.

The kid tested over 97% on the non-verbal part of the test.

suddenseer
11-08-2010, 11:06 PM
my honor student can bench press you d- student and still make it to the game on time......lol
my one step daughter just found out that she is #1 in her class and is starting on the varsity basketball team.
i am very happy that she is trying to get into the naval acadamy. at least they will pay her to go to college..

oh yeah she is still a junior. got her varsity letter in track and field last year.Get that college paid for first. She may decide to career military. Good, we need the best and brightest, She will make a fine naval officer too, Hey if her eyesight is good encourage her to be a naval pilot, Push her hard, that way she will exceed your expectations. Whatever she decides to do, i detect a proud pappa

suddenseer
11-08-2010, 11:11 PM
Met with the teacher for the gifted program today to sign the permission slips and such. She described the program and we could tell right away that it is just what Sarah needs and will love. Just one day a week away from regular classes, so she will still be with her friends most of the time.

The kid tested over 97% on the non-verbal part of the test.Looks like you took her far on the basics. she is going to show up her daddy. I am tearing up right about now. I am feeling your happiness ( I am an empath)

KC2UGV
11-09-2010, 07:48 AM

That's fantastic... I'm betting you've got that little warm spot in your heart going right now. I know I do whenever I hear something like that about kids.

W3WN
11-09-2010, 09:14 AM

That's fantastic.

Take full advantage of this program, as much as she wants. You won't regret it, and one day, she will thank you.

PA5COR
11-09-2010, 09:33 AM
As parents, isn't that what we all do it for?
Congrats!