PDA

View Full Version : Really Geting Anal over there

kd8dey
11-03-2010, 09:46 PM
Got my first 5 infraction points for a post from a WEEK ago courtesy of W6GQ just for a IB4lt-Walt in the swap meet section..........

apparently WS2L didn't have any problem or I would have thought that HE would have deleted my post when he deleted another post as a personal attack........

So would you consider it a legitimate infraction or just another baseless attack on an islander?

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?p=2079210#post2079210

NQ6U
11-03-2010, 09:51 PM
Am I missing something? All I see are two posts by the same guy, nothing by you.

kd8dey
11-03-2010, 10:21 PM
I posted (IB4LT-Walt) BECAUSE of the personal attack on another user).....

the post (personal attack on another member was deleted by WS2L)

Ib4lt was deleted (discussion not allowed in swap meet by w6gq)

if there was a problem with WALT I would have thought that WS2L would have nixed the post when he nixed the
attack post (both posts were on the board at the same time)

Then GQ comes along after 2L, and then WaLt gets nixed Along with infraction points on top of it being deleted after
another moderator had already checked through the topic?

That makes me wonder about personal agendas and mods second guessing each other????
PS
If you read the thread you would have thought it was in ham to ham reference WTF was it doing in swap meet anyhow??

both deleted posts Showed earlier that they had been deleted by whom and why, now it doesn't.
Guess they have been busy.

KG4CGC
11-03-2010, 10:30 PM
<snip>

both deleted posts Showed earlier that they had been deleted by whom and why, now it doesn't.
Guess they have been busy.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/001/8e84fb23.png

n2ize
11-04-2010, 12:56 AM
I think that whole site is nuts. I'm glad I never post there anymore.

W2NAP
11-04-2010, 01:26 AM
yea, they are singling you out for being a member here.

You should totally call them on it

WX7P
11-04-2010, 02:47 AM
It's the zed. Who gives a shit?

kc7jty
11-04-2010, 03:19 AM
The cat's advice:
Stay away from the zed man, hey! you crazy?

N8YX
11-04-2010, 04:32 AM
Hello.

So much for Fred's rule that a moderator of QRZ cannot be a moderator of another site.
Not only is their Swap Meet moderator the administrator of another site,
said site caters to illegal interest within the hobby.
This has been pointed out many times.
Rather than get another moderator, QRZ chose to remove all CB-related content.

KA5PIU
11-04-2010, 05:33 AM
Hello.

Totally analog radio? digital?
There is something missing.

W3WN
11-04-2010, 08:03 AM
Hello.

So much for Fred's rule that a moderator of QRZ cannot be a moderator of another site.
Not only is their Swap Meet moderator the administrator of another site,
said site caters to illegal interest within the hobby.
This has been pointed out many times.
Rather than get another moderator, QRZ chose to remove all CB-related content.
Are you trying to be an angry prophet denouncing the hypocrisies of our times?

W3WN
11-04-2010, 08:15 AM
Got my first 5 infraction points for a post from a WEEK ago courtesy of W6GQ just for a IB4lt-Walt in the swap meet section..........

apparently WS2L didn't have any problem or I would have thought that HE would have deleted my post when he deleted another post as a personal attack........

So would you consider it a legitimate infraction or just another baseless attack on an islander?

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?p=2079210#post2079210

Clearly any one ZedMod(c) can impose infarction points at any time, regardless of whether or not a different ZedMod(c) has given his or her blessing. Whether it is legit or not is hard to say... what's legitimate over there these days, and what's a total bastardization?

That being said, the whole rant from KE5KAF is ridiculous, at least on the surface. He was sold a "digital" radio, he clearly thought he was buying a rig for digital modes, and got an "analog" radio. Since the make or model of radio is not identified, it's difficult to be absolutely certain, but I'd wager that what he was sold was a solid-state rig with a digital readout. Which is not what he expected, clearly, but without more information it's hard to say what's going on.

Since we also don't know what other emails went back and forth... it a he says/he says situation pending further data.

That W1MLK's response was deleted by WS2L as a personal attack tells me that there's a lot more going on. Was KE5KAF stiffed, or has he been so unreasonable that W1MLK told him to take a long walk off of a short pier? To say nothing of the small claims court threats.

Sounds like when it comes to his temper, pending further data, he might be a few fries short of a happy meal.

THAT all being said, W6GQ has made it clear for quite some time that current policy (his?) forbids personal discussions in swap meet. No kibbitzing. So I'm not surprised he nuked your post. And I'm sure that his justification for the infarction points is said policy. (Being an Islander in and of itself didn't get you the points, but I'm sure that they diswayed him from allowing for mitigating circumstances)

Let it go. The putz isn't worth getting worked up over.

N2CHX
11-04-2010, 09:18 AM
Hello.

Some of us are masochists.
We love to post on boards that make us bang our heads against the wall.

W3WN
11-04-2010, 09:29 AM
Kel, I was about to make a pun about, ah, banging... but since when did you start channelling Cowthief?

W5RB
11-04-2010, 09:30 AM
I read the MLK response before it was deleted . While I can't quote it verbatim , it was an aggressive defense against the claims of fraud , and not an attack as I remember . Not the 1st time GQ has made a rotten call .

WX7P
11-04-2010, 09:32 AM
Hello.

Some of us are masochists.
We love to post on boards that make us bang our heads against the wall.

Hello:

Just for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TytGOeiW0aE

N2CHX
11-04-2010, 09:33 AM
Kel, I was about to make a pun about, ah, banging... but since when did you start channelling Cowthief?

Hello.

Rudy is muh hero.

N2CHX
11-04-2010, 09:37 AM
Hello:

Just for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TytGOeiW0aE

Hello.

Fracture my spine and say that you're mine.

KØWVM
11-04-2010, 09:58 AM
It's the zed. Who gives a shit?

Can't really speak any more eloquently on it, well put Dave! LOL!!

KØWVM
11-04-2010, 10:02 AM
By the way, how does one know if they have received any infraction points? Do they come out and tell you?

KA5PIU
11-04-2010, 10:03 AM
Hello.

So somebody sells another a radio without pictures or even a good make and model and the other is now upset?
I would have at least asked a few questions before the sale.
But if this is indeed the case the buyer is pretty much screwed.
There can be no reasonable expectation that the seller is sure of what the buyer wants.

W3WN
11-04-2010, 10:37 AM
We don't know the make or model of the radio.
We don't know the details of the ad or of the proposed sale posting(s).
We don't know what all transpired between buyer & seller before & after the sale closed.

All we do know is that the buyer is unhappy, and is kvetching about it on the Zed. (So far, there hasn't been anything posted on QTH.COM... yet)

So the bottom line is... mirth and merriment aside, who gives a flying infarction point?

N8YX
11-04-2010, 11:07 AM
We don't even know THAT MUCH.

Say what you will about 'FOX's operation, but its Feedback Forum (and its staff) puts those of QRZ,Eham and a number of others to shame.

W3WN
11-04-2010, 11:44 AM

Say what you will about 'FOX's operation, but its Feedback Forum (and its staff) puts those of QRZ,Eham and a number of others to shame.
Well, if he was a happy camper, he wouldn't be kvetching, would he?

I have been very impressed with Scott's operation. And unlike many other ham swap & shop sites, he doesn't tolerate any semi-solid male bovine excrement.

W3WN
11-04-2010, 12:00 PM
Now this is rich... http://forums.qrz.com/showpost.php?p=2084978&postcount=1

Assuming that the call discrepancies are due to a typo, and the correct call is in the post heading and not the text body, it seems that if the allegation posted there is true (of which I have no knowledge either way), KE5KAF's kvetching is a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

N8YX
11-04-2010, 12:03 PM
Well, if he was a happy camper, he wouldn't be kvetching, would he?
The devil's in the details, my friend.

There is another thread in which the roles are reversed:

http://forums.qrz.com/showpost.php?p=2084978&postcount=1

I have a feeling there's more to this than is being posted. Instead of allowing the matter to be settled, their crack mod team will continually delete one side of the back-and-forth exchanges and thereby muddy the waters even further.

W3WN
11-04-2010, 01:14 PM
Fred, I think we doubled. :-D

And I'm sure with a little digging and prodding, it wouldn't be too hard to figure out exactly what's going on.

If I cared.

Which I don't.

W2NAP
11-04-2010, 02:20 PM
hello
if you sale a digital radio
it better be digital when it gets here
just like the time i bought a digital woman
i got stiffed
she was only analog.

N2CHX
11-04-2010, 02:29 PM
hello
if you sale a digital radio
it better be digital when it gets here
just like the time i bought a digital woman
i got stiffed
she was only analog.

Hello.

If she was only analog,
how did you get stiff?

W2NAP
11-04-2010, 02:35 PM
hello,
i got stiffed
but i was so hoping to get stiff
with my digital woman.

KC9ECI
11-04-2010, 02:42 PM

On their behalf I'll say thanks and pass the message along. While I don't deal with the forum there, I do some admin work on the qsl.net side of things.