PDA

View Full Version : Time running out for Baxter K1MAN

VE7DCW
11-02-2010, 10:47 PM
I see posted on the ARRL website a blurb that Glenn Baxter K1MAN is finally going to be properly dealt with by the FCC re: the $21,000 fine the idiot was supposed to pay in liability.

Hope this a start in the final chapter in radio of this pitiful little putty head!

http://www.arrl.org/news/us-charges-k1man-with-failure-to-pay-fine

NA4BH
11-02-2010, 10:49 PM
He was on the air today (11/02/10). Must have been the farewell show. :lol:

KG4CGC
11-02-2010, 10:59 PM
I guess in about 20 years, Tom Cruise will make a movie about him.

KØWVM
11-03-2010, 01:39 AM
He was on the air today (11/02/10). Must have been the farewell show. :lol:

No love lost for someone who labeled me and probably some of you as nazi's on his cheesy looking website which was later shutdown. But it was then later labeled as NERD when he got it restarted. I was thrown on there under my old callsign especially when I called him out on his stupidity.

Of course KFM has also done the same thing on his little joke of a webspace but decides to throw stuff out like a childish goof. That's nowhere near what path MAN has decided to go down labeling some of us as nazi's.

Not much longer guys!

N8YX
11-03-2010, 06:12 AM
He'll get one of his "associates" to pick up the torch and continue the broadcasts.

...wait for it...

kd8dey
11-03-2010, 07:45 AM
ZING!!
http://forums.qrz.com/showpost.php?p=2084097&postcount=87

N8YX
11-03-2010, 08:58 AM
How much more should Baxter raise to fix that hideous website of his?

KC9ECI
11-03-2010, 11:47 AM

There is no fix to that atrocity.

N2CHX
11-03-2010, 11:50 AM
Just visited the site to see what you're talking about. What's with all the animations of people?

VE7DCW
11-03-2010, 12:02 PM

Interesting ....I thought someone did a redesign of his website ..... :rofl:

http://www.k1man.net/

kb2vxa
11-03-2010, 12:30 PM
Yeah, Phil K2PG has a wicked sense of humor! I just love the land offer in Centralia, geothermal energy at its finest. The page is a little old, the kitty has grown up. (;->)

NQ6U
11-03-2010, 12:49 PM
I wanted to see the "absolute disproof" of the theory of Special Relativity by Glenn A. Baxter, P.E., but the link is broken.

W3WN
11-03-2010, 08:13 PM
ZING!!
http://forums.qrz.com/showpost.php?p=2084097&postcount=87

Are you trying to get the Zookster or the Public Tuchus to lock the thread? Because as soon as one of them realizes the reference, they will... hope you don't get hit with any infarction points...

ki4itv
11-03-2010, 11:24 PM

There is no fix to that atrocity.

It looks like his audio sounds. If nothing else, he projects a consistent image.

n2ize
11-05-2010, 07:31 PM
Yeah, Phil K2PG has a wicked sense of humor! I just love the land offer in Centralia, geothermal energy at its finest. The page is a little old, the kitty has grown up. (;->)

Ah yes, Phil K2PG. A while back I sold him a few thermal time delay relays. The old type that look like small vacuum tubes.

n2ize
11-05-2010, 07:34 PM
I see posted on the ARRL website a blurb that Glenn Baxter K1MAN is finally going to be properly dealt with by the FCC re: the $21,000 fine the idiot was supposed to pay in liability.

Hope this a start in the final chapter in radio of this pitiful little putty head!

hah, that won't stop Baxter. he'll simply hit them with one of his felony affidavits.

suddenseer
11-06-2010, 02:39 PM
I don't like Baxter's bullshit anymore than the next guy. I don't understand why the ARRL isn't fined for starting bulletins on top of qsos already in progress. W1AW has no more right to an exclusive frequency for broadcasts that Baxter does. W1AW should be required to ask if the frequency is in use like the rest of us are.

W3MIV
11-06-2010, 03:37 PM
I don't see the need for ARRL bulletins at all. The code practice broadcasts serve some minimal purpose, though that too can be considered passé in the current licensing régime. That said, I believe officialdom sees as a justifiable rationale that the ARRL bulletins provide a viable service to the amateur "community," and this underlying principle has put them in a special category. Face it, the ARRL has become an NGO with pseudo-official status that makes is fairly "untouchable" in ordinary terms.
The expansion of EmComm rationales and the breathless press over amateur participation in various disaster scenarios has further added to the Teflon® coat they have worn now for decades.

kb2vxa
11-07-2010, 11:08 AM
"I don't understand why the ARRL isn't fined for starting bulletins on top of qsos already in progress."
They're the FCC's little darling and have a prodigious Washington based communications law firm on their payroll or haven't you figured it out yet?

VE7DCW
11-07-2010, 07:37 PM
hah, that won't stop Baxter. he'll simply hit them with one of his felony affidavits.

Baxter apparently now seems to want to go out as a complete laughing stock....... in his response to the final demand for the 21 kilobucks from the U.S. government,he's announced he's sueing for $50,000,000 ! You simply cannot buy this type of entertainment ..... :rofl:

WØTKX
11-07-2010, 07:41 PM
I hope the big cat is taken care of... and Baxter? DILLIGAF.

ki4itv
11-07-2010, 07:56 PM
I hope the big cat is taken care of... and Baxter? DILLIGAF.

No.
But we do need to get together and party some time in the future.
Just thought I'd throw it out there...

w2amr
11-08-2010, 04:59 AM

Confiscate all of his equipment and throw the asshole in prison. I'll take the KW-1 .:yum:

KA5PIU
11-08-2010, 12:18 PM
Hello.

http://www.k1man.com/web60/Page_1x.html
The guy from Canada is nothing like K1MAN.
One is an attack on sensibility.
One is attacking US policy.
It takes forever to deal with the few total asshats.

kb2vxa
11-08-2010, 12:19 PM
Truck him out to L. A. where he can be Gerritsen's bunk mate with the emphasis on MATE.

w2amr
11-08-2010, 12:34 PM
Hello.

All that activity , and without an amateur license. The man is amazing.

WØTKX
11-08-2010, 12:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zztFiijm34s

KA5PIU
11-08-2010, 04:01 PM
All that activity , and without an amateur license. The man is amazing.

Hello.

Actually, although has license has not been renewed since 2005 it is listed as active with the FCC.
http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/license.jsp?licKey=234404

w2amr
11-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Hello.

Actually, although has license has not been renewed since 2005 it is listed as active with the FCC.
http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/license.jsp?licKey=234404Pending appeals I guess.

n6hcm
11-09-2010, 04:17 AM
I don't like Baxter's bullshit anymore than the next guy. I don't understand why the ARRL isn't fined for starting bulletins on top of qsos already in progress. W1AW has no more right to an exclusive frequency for broadcasts that Baxter does. W1AW should be required to ask if the frequency is in use like the rest of us are.

so have you asked W1AW about this ... or complained to the FCC about it?

w2amr
11-09-2010, 05:34 AM
I don't like Baxter's bullshit anymore than the next guy. I don't understand why the ARRL isn't fined for starting bulletins on top of qsos already in progress. W1AW has no more right to an exclusive frequency for broadcasts that Baxter does. W1AW should be required to ask if the frequency is in use like the rest of us are.That has been Baxter's argument since day one, And I think it is a valid point.

kb2vxa
11-09-2010, 01:28 PM
"so have you asked W1AW about this ... or complained to the FCC about it?"
The replies should be interesting.

w2amr
11-09-2010, 01:48 PM
"so have you asked W1AW about this ... or complained to the FCC about it?"
The replies should be interesting. Maybe I'll send Sumner an OO notice.

WØTKX
11-09-2010, 05:10 PM
That has been Baxter's argument since day one, And I think it is a valid point.

Yea. But most folks understand that "the other guy did it" is no excuse to do the same thing.

W5RB
11-09-2010, 05:22 PM
Yea. But most folks understand that "the other guy did it" is no excuse to do the same thing.

"Yeah , but hell , it's the onliest excuse I got ."

VE7DCW
11-13-2010, 02:02 AM
Hello.

Rudy ..... you're not that far from the truth ..... a random listening to the mighty K1MAN "bulletin" service on 14.275 has Baxter playing a 5 year old recording of a telephone conversation between Karol Madera and himself on the badness of everything Riley Hollingsworth.....this recording is playing itself continously over..... and over .....and over.... (heard as of November 12th) The U.S. FCC really needs to put Baxter out of this misery quickly.... :yes:

n3aiu
12-03-2010, 04:09 AM
I wanted to see the "absolute disproof" of the theory of Special Relativity by Glenn A. Baxter, P.E., but the link is broken.

Relativity predicts that information cannot be conveyed faster than the speed of light. I guess his disproof means that he can't convey information even at much slower speeds.

Think about it ...

PA5COR
12-03-2010, 04:12 AM
I heard both here over the years.
They are a disgrace to the ham society. period

suddenseer
12-05-2010, 05:43 PM
so have you asked W1AW about this ... or complained to the FCC about it?I asked Riley Hollingsworth about it at the FCC forum at a mid 90's hamvention. The ARRL visible hotshots were miffed. His careful response was something to the effect "I am not aware of this taking place, or I have not heard this". "You are welcome to file a complaint" blah, blah blah. I then rephrased my question to "Does W1AW have exclusive rights to a frequency for one way broadcasts? I have personally heard them deliberately start broadcasting on qsos in progress." He replied "Of course not"
One of the ARRL pantloads was given the microphone, he stated since W1AW bulletins are an important public service, blah, blah, blah. The schedule is published , blah, blah, blah We have always done this.....funny. I was given very dirty looks by the majority of the people in the room. I thought it was the right question for the right time. The ARRL rep basically stated it's them, they can do it, the skeds are published. Dont have a qso on those frequencies during these times.You would be causing deliberate interference.

BTW, the only W1AW one way broadcasts I heard were CW. There were qsos in progress on the freq. each time.

KJ3N
12-05-2010, 06:21 PM
One of the ARRL pantloads was given the microphone, he stated since W1AW bulletins are an important public service, blah, blah, blah. The schedule is published , blah, blah, blah We have always done this.....funny. I was given very dirty looks by the majority of the people in the room. I thought it was the right question for the right time. The ARRL rep basically stated it's them, they can do it, the skeds are published. Dont have a qso on those frequencies during these times.You would be causing deliberate interference.

http://www.kscoplaw.com/Cartman.jpg

WØTKX
12-05-2010, 07:54 PM
AIØMH bulletin is commencing in 3,2,1!

This is Tim the Seer reporting, and in today's Decontamination Zone...

Would be lulzy.

N1LAF
12-05-2010, 08:36 PM
I asked Riley Hollingsworth about it at the FCC forum at a mid 90's hamvention. The ARRL visible hotshots were miffed. His careful response was something to the effect "I am not aware of this taking place, or I have not heard this". "You are welcome to file a complaint" blah, blah blah. I then rephrased my question to "Does W1AW have exclusive rights to a frequency for one way broadcasts? I have personally heard them deliberately start broadcasting on qsos in progress." He replied "Of course not"

BTW, the only W1AW one way broadcasts I heard were CW. There were qsos in progress on the freq. each time.

Since I live within 50 miles of ARRL HQ, I have been there on multiple occasions. I was in the main transmitter room (not small, separate building) when they started an 'information bulletin'. I was interested, as an unnoticed observer, that the person initiating the 'Information Bulletin' asked if the frequency was clear before the start of the broadcast.

Here are the facts:
1. ARRL broadcast are 'information bulletins', limited in duration and number of times per week.
2. They are serving the Amateur Radio community at large, despite some personal feelings
3. They do not own the frequencies. The schedule is published so the effective use of the bulletins can be provided. Unwritten gentleman's agreement to let ARRL use the freq during the 'scheduled' times. This is for courtesy, not exclusive rights.
4. Those who constantly rail against the ARRL just because they can, are really your basic alpha hotels.
5. The transmitters are either manned, or closely monitored. (K1MAN uses a Radio shack timer)

K1MAN does not provide 'Information Bulletins', but outright broadcasting, many times a day, sometimes 24 hours a day, every day of the week.

suddenseer
12-05-2010, 08:44 PM
AIØMH bulletin is commencing in 3,2,1!

This is Tim the Seer reporting, and in today's Decontamination Zone...

Would be lulzy.When I went to the forum, I had no intention of asking a question. It was an ARRL-Hollingsworth love fest. Maybe the 3 whiskey sours I consumed in the HARA bar doing the asking. I made many people uncomfortable pointing out the league was violating the rules just as much as the people on 14.313, and many spots on 75 meters. Riley said he was on a "crusade" to clean up amateur radio. I just had to ask.:wall:

KG4CGC
12-05-2010, 08:47 PM
The "K" man reminds me of this thread: http://forums.qrz.com/archive/index.php/t-141248.html

suddenseer
12-05-2010, 09:32 PM
Since I live within 50 miles of ARRL HQ, I have been there on multiple occasions. I was in the main transmitter room (not small, separate building) when they started an 'information bulletin'. I was interested, as an unnoticed observer, that the person initiating the 'Information Bulletin' asked if the frequency was clear before the start of the broadcast.

Here are the facts:
1. ARRL broadcast are 'information bulletins', limited in duration and number of times per week.
2. They are serving the Amateur Radio community at large, despite some personal feelings
3. They do not own the frequencies. The schedule is published so the effective use of the bulletins can be provided. Unwritten gentleman's agreement to let ARRL use the freq during the 'scheduled' times. This is for courtesy, not exclusive rights.
4. Those who constantly rail against the ARRL just because they can, are really your basic alpha hotels.
5. The transmitters are either manned, or closely monitored. (K1MAN uses a Radio shack timer)

K1MAN does not provide 'Information Bulletins', but outright broadcasting, many times a day, sometimes 24 hours a day, every day of the week.First of all, the FCC does not pursue enforcement activity based on violations of "gentlemen's agreements". They use FCC Part 97, and USC laws. Don't bring that ARRL imposed supposed gentlemen's agreements as a legal base, you will fail. Riley was hosting a FCC Forum. He claimed he was on a "mission" to clean up amateur radio.

I have already stated that I personally witnessed W1AW violate the rules on CW. You did not mention CW. Let me guess, the paid W1AW operator flips a switch that runs a CW computer program. I bet they do. I have heard W1AW bust in on qsos in progress about 50 times on various frequencies. they NEVER asked if the frequency was in use. I have heard several SSB nets that the net control op asked one time if the frequency was in use. 1 second later they began their preamble. Bottom line: I know what I heard. The ARRL knows they do this, but they are better than the average ham, they serve themselves, not me. They violate the rules everyday in this matter. The FCC should be sending W1AW an apparent liability to monetary forfeiture notice. Back then, the ARRL was violating the rules just like operators on 14.313, and spots on 75 Meters SSB. I would bet they still do. If the 'greater good' institutions violate the letter of the law, they are no better than K1MAN.

N1LAF
12-05-2010, 10:25 PM
First of all, the FCC does not pursue enforcement activity based on violations of "gentlemen's agreements". They use FCC Part 97, and USC laws. Don't bring that ARRL imposed supposed gentlemen's agreements as a legal base, you will fail. Riley was hosting a FCC Forum. He claimed he was on a "mission" to clean up amateur radio.
Never said it could be a legal defense. It is too bad that the character of today is not what it used to be, and that spirit of cooperation has more or less conceded to the trouble makers, spoiled sports, and the legal beagles.

I have already stated that I personally witnessed W1AW violate the rules on CW. You did not mention CW. Let me guess, the paid W1AW operator flips a switch that runs a CW computer program. I bet they do. I have heard W1AW bust in on qsos in progress about 50 times on various frequencies. they NEVER asked if the frequency was in use. I have heard several SSB nets that the net control op asked one time if the frequency was in use. 1 second later they began their preamble. Bottom line: I know what I heard. The ARRL knows they do this, but they are better than the average ham, they serve themselves, not me. They violate the rules everyday in this matter. The FCC should be sending W1AW an apparent liability to monetary forfeiture notice. Back then, the ARRL was violating the rules just like operators on 14.313, and spots on 75 Meters SSB. I would bet they still do. If the 'greater good' institutions violate the letter of the law, they are no better than K1MAN.

Since I witnessed the operations at ARRL, I can tell you that they do listen first - saw it first hand, I was there, in person. And just because you hear people on your receiver, doesn't mean ARRL can hear the same people... propagation, remember...

suddenseer
12-06-2010, 06:03 AM
Since I witnessed the operations at ARRL, I can tell you that they do listen first - saw it first hand, I was there, in person. And just because you hear people on your receiver, doesn't mean ARRL can hear the same people... propagation, remember...I stated several times now that I have only witnessed CW mode. How do they send the code? I really doubt if the control ops listen to each frequency, and send the code via a keyer. I could be wrong, but my guess it has been automatically sent going back to the technology that would facilitate such operation. I used the bulletins as a way of checking propagation conditions since the location is known. My first wire aerial was a compromise that wasn't very effective so, if I could hear the stations W1AW was walking on they should have been able to as well. I would hazard a guess that W1AW's antenna system was much better than mine. So, you're saying the op asked in CW on each band if the frequency was in use? If it was, what did they do? They would have to wait, or QSY like the rest of us do. I doubt if they have ever done that. They were willfully QRMing back in the 70's when I first got my Novice license. They were 15 years ago when I was very active, and worked 80 meters every night. I would guess they still do it. The ARRL pantload that I encountered stated that since the frequencies where published, then everyone should know. I asked if I were to start a radio club, and publish a schedule of times, and frequencies, then everyone should know that those frequencies are for my intended use, so don't use them? He sat down, and did not respond. If the FCC starts a "crusade" to stop rules violation, then it should apply to all of us, NO exclusions. The obvious answer to my question is "NO". If I started a radio club, and published a schedule of bulletins, I would not have a right to any frequency. Neither do they.

w2amr
12-06-2010, 06:13 AM
ARRL information bulletins? I have a bulletin for the ARRL. Take that shit somewhere else,nobody listens to it anyway. Set a transmitter up on 40 above 7300, then you can broadcast 24x7.

XE1/N5AL
12-11-2010, 02:08 AM
If Glen's organization is abruptly shutdown, what's going to happen to all those AARA/IARN jump teams, who are currently out in the field aiding people in the world's troubled spots? Might some unfortunate ham find himself stranded in Lower Slobbovia without a return ticket home?

w2amr
12-11-2010, 04:08 AM
If Glen's organization is abruptly shutdown, what's going to happen to all those AARA/IARN jump teams, who are currently out in the field aiding people in the world's troubled spots? Might some unfortunate ham find himself stranded in Lower Slobbovia without a return ticket home?Yeah really, who is going to feed all those hungry people in Africa with Glen in jail?

WØTKX
12-11-2010, 10:50 AM
His big kitty.

VE7DCW
12-11-2010, 07:34 PM
Yeah really, who is going to feed all those hungry people in Africa with Glen in jail?

Well ..... what's going to feed them is all that income rolling in from all those AARA credit cards that Baxter has floating out there ..... :rofl:

KA5PIU
12-12-2010, 07:05 AM
Hello.

The amazing thing is that Karol Madera actually runs by the rules that the ARRL has set.
He operates on a fixed frequency with a published schedule.
He does ask if the frequency is in use, not that he minds anything.
And his transmissions are limited, very little recordings and clearly up to the minute.
Do I aqgree with Karol, not as a rule.
But he does have the right of freedom of speech.
Since he does park it at one spot on the dial he is very easy to ignore.
My opinion is that although I disagree with Karol on a lot of issues at least he is doing part of it right.

W5GA
12-13-2010, 01:55 PM
Uh, Rudy...Karol Madera lives in Canada. Last I saw, he wasn't subject to anything the FCC said or did, his being VE7KFM and all.

KA5PIU
12-13-2010, 10:55 PM
Uh, Rudy...Karol Madera lives in Canada. Last I saw, he wasn't subject to anything the FCC said or did, his being VE7KFM and all.

Hello.

That is why I only pointed out the ARRL, also in the US.
Karol is a nut, but he is Canada's nut! ;)
Baxter on the other hand,,,,,,,,,,.

kb2vxa
12-14-2010, 02:47 PM
"Karol Madera lives in Canada. Last I saw, he wasn't subject to anything the FCC said or did, his being VE7KFM and all."

Not only that but:

"The amazing thing is that Karol Madera actually runs by the rules that the ARRL has set."

The ARRL doesn't set any rules at all, those not set by the FCC are "gentleman's agreements" non binding and unenforceable.

n2ize
12-14-2010, 04:24 PM
Yeah really, who is going to feed all those hungry people in Africa with Glen in jail?

Glen isn't going to jail. Glen will merely file a few felony affidavits and viola' his troubles will be over.

N1LAF
12-14-2010, 11:06 PM
Calling Sam Voron.... calling Sam Voron....

kb2vxa
12-15-2010, 05:11 PM
You mean VK2BVS and his community radio station in Somalia as in "Islam# Peace# Somalia# Humanitarian# Conflict resolution" et al? Somehow they're a conflict in terms, Sydney isn't called the big smoke for nothing. (;->)

VE7DCW
12-15-2010, 05:28 PM
"Karol Madera lives in Canada. Last I saw, he wasn't subject to anything the FCC said or did, his being VE7KFM and all."

Not only that but:

"The amazing thing is that Karol Madera actually runs by the rules that the ARRL has set."

The ARRL doesn't set any rules at all, those not set by the FCC are "gentleman's agreements" non binding and unenforceable.

The ARRL has no jurisdiction whatsoever in Canada ..... it's the field of the Radio Amateurs of Canada..... and regulatorially the jurisdiction of Industry Canada .... both of which Mr. Kooky ignores anyways...... his time is coming..... sooner than later hopefully :yes:

n2ize
12-16-2010, 12:01 AM
In all the yearsw I've been into radio I've never listened to Karol Madera so, I don;t know what to make of him. From what I gather he hangs out on one frequency on 20 meters so, I guess if anyone doesn't want to listen he's easy enough to avoid. Besides I never venture above 7 mc anyhow.

N8YX
12-17-2010, 07:15 PM
Besides I never venture above 7 mc anyhow.
Probably smart, unless you like working DX.

NQ6U
12-17-2010, 07:51 PM
Probably smart, unless you like working DX.

Or if you really like QRN.

W3WN
01-12-2011, 12:46 PM
Is the end finally in sight for the K1MAN saga?

From today's FCC Digest:
GLENN A. BAXTER. Designated the application for hearing. (Dkt No.
11-7 ). Action by: Deputy Chief, Mobility Division, Wireless
Telcommunications Bureau. Adopted: 01/10/2011 by ORDER. (DA No. 11-58A1 ).
WTB http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-11-58A1.doc
http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-11-58A1.pdf
http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-11-58A1.txt
The Introduction paragraph says it all, and I quote:
By this Hearing Designation Order, we commence a hearing proceeding before a Commission Administrative Law Judge to determine whether the above-captioned application filed by Glenn A. Baxter for renewal of his license for Amateur Radio Station K1MAN should be granted.

As discussed below, the record before us indicates that Baxter has apparently willfully and repeatedly engaged in unlawful Commission-related activities, including causing interference to ongoing communications of other amateur stations, transmitting communications in which he had a pecuniary interest, failing to file requested information pursuant to an Enforcement Bureau (Bureau) directive, engaging in broadcasting without communicating with any particular station, and failing to exercise control of his station.

Based on the information before us, we believe that Baxter’s apparent continuing course of misconduct raises a substantial and material question of fact as to whether he possesses the requisite character qualifications to be and remain a Commission licensee. Accordingly, we hereby designate his application for hearing.

KJ3N
01-12-2011, 12:53 PM
When the last paragraph reads..

Based on the information before us, we believe that Baxter’s apparent continuing course of misconduct raises a substantial and material question of fact as to whether he possesses the requisite character qualifications to be and remain a Commission licensee. Accordingly, we hereby designate his application for hearing revocation.

.... then I'll consider the matter dealt with. Until then.... :roll:

n2ize
01-12-2011, 03:05 PM
When the last paragraph reads..

.... then I'll consider the matter dealt with. Until then.... :roll:

He very well may get a revocation. But that doesn't mean he'll stop interfering. In his mind he is 100% right and everyone else is 100% wrong. I doubt he will leave the air until such a day as the FCC shows up with the sheriff and some deputy's and physically removes the equipment from the premises. He thinks he has a right to do as he pleases and everyone else must get out of his way. I have heard him say it.

W3WN
01-12-2011, 03:39 PM
When the last paragraph reads...
Based on the information before us, we believe that Baxter’s apparent continuing course of misconduct raises a substantial and material question of fact as to whether he possesses the requisite character qualifications to be and remain a Commission licensee. Accordingly, we hereby designate his application for hearing revocation.

.... then I'll consider the matter dealt with. Until then.... :roll:He gets a hearing. Everyone is entitled to their turn in court and the opportunity to tell their side of the story, even the guiltiest of the guilty.

But do not mistake the purpose of the hearing. It is to determine whether or not to renew his license, so it is a de facto revocation hearing. If he can not present a valild case to keep his license, he will lose it.

This is just the bureacracy slowly grinding away. (Too slowly, IMHO, but that's another story.)

And... no, I don't expect this hearing to be the end. If he loses (as I anticipate he will, but it ain't over 'till it's over), he will appeal. I'm sure hel'll drag that out as long as he can. And if he still ultimately loses, yeah, I doubt he'll go QRT. He may start using a club call, or another's call (both with permission, I'm sure). Or he may just stay on the air sans license. If it gets that far, I sure hope they throw his butt behind bars.

ka4dpo
01-12-2011, 11:25 PM
I see Glen in a small room with bars. Wait, I see someone named Bubba in the room with him. Bubba seems to be bending him over and, and...

N8YX
01-13-2011, 07:46 AM
Baxter will continue his broadcasts.

First, a hearing must be scheduled. This has yet to be done.

Then he must actually stand in front of the ALJ and be found unfit to retain his license. Depending on the skills of his counsel and the number of continuances filed, that might take a year or more.

If a finding goes against him and he loses his amateur radio license, he may be able to appeal the motion.

Upon being held liable for the $21k figure, yet another finding and appeals process kicks off. Should he not be able to pay the (possibly reduced) monetary amount, then he'll have to worry about jail time...and only if potential liens against his personally owned property fail to cover the amount for which he is liable.

Glen Baxter will never see a jail cell. If stripped of his license he'll probably move his operation out of the U.S. and into more "favorable" territory, partnering himself with one or more of the rogues therein.

N9FE
01-13-2011, 08:18 AM
The FCC will do the same here as they've been doing all along with these jamming pieces of shit... NOTHING !!!!

N8YX
01-13-2011, 08:26 AM
The FCC will do the same here as they've been doing all along with these jamming pieces of shit... NOTHING !!!!
If the jammers serve the agenda of those in power at the time, you're correct.

Think back to about 2000:

When the Clinton worm turned and a new executive branch was installed, the hate-mongers and radical types on 75M (for example) had their numbers severely curtailed due to new directives issued to the Enforcement Bureau. Seems a few fringe groups (along with their unlicensed contemporaries who often checked in) and their cadre of QRMers had somehow outlived their usefulness...

N8YX
01-13-2011, 09:44 AM
On the other hand, we freely permit (and encourage) discussion of such things on The Island:

http://forums.qrz.com/showpost.php?p=2149970&postcount=43

Especially when they're amateur radio related and the participants maintain civility.

NQ6U
01-13-2011, 09:59 AM

"[...] you know if K1MAN keeps going the way he is, people are really looking toward those Second Amendment remedies and saying my goodness what can we do to turn amateur radio around? I'll tell you the first thing we need to do is take Glen Baxter out.''

W3WN
01-13-2011, 10:52 AM
Baxter will continue his broadcasts.

First, a hearing must be scheduled. This has yet to be done.

Then he must actually stand in front of the ALJ and be found unfit to retain his license. Depending on the skills of his counsel and the number of continuances filed, that might take a year or more.

If a finding goes against him and he loses his amateur radio license, he may be able to appeal the motion.

Upon being held liable for the $21k figure, yet another finding and appeals process kicks off. Should he not be able to pay the (possibly reduced) monetary amount, then he'll have to worry about jail time...and only if potential liens against his personally owned property fail to cover the amount for which he is liable.

Glen Baxter will never see a jail cell. If stripped of his license he'll probably move his operation out of the U.S. and into more "favorable" territory, partnering himself with one or more of the rogues therein.
The end may be in sight. That doesn't mean it's near.

I'm afraid you're right, though. And there's precedent... KV4FZ went through a similar appeals process all the way up to the US Supreme Court before finally throwing in the towel and accepting his loss of license. Only in his case, he was permitted (after what, a year QRT?) to reapply for a ticket, which he did.

Still, he was accused of was nothing near what Baxter is doing. So if and when it gets that far, and Baxter officially loses his ticket for good, I don't anticipate that he will ever be allowed to reaply. (Of course, I could be wrong, YMMV)

But, where would he go?

W5RB
01-13-2011, 10:56 AM
But, where would he go?

Canada ?

N8YX
01-13-2011, 11:19 AM
But, where would he go?
He wouldn't have to "go" anywhere.

He could merely sell a logistical share of his consulting business to a licensed, sympathetic foreign national, with a proviso that said individual would maintain the transmission facilities and schedule.

VE7DCW
01-13-2011, 12:40 PM
Canada ?

We've already got one major cuckoo making a real ass of himself on 20 meters.....last thing we'd need is two of them..... :roll:

KA9MOT
01-13-2011, 06:13 PM
We've already got one major cuckoo making a real ass of himself on 20 meters.....last thing we'd need is two of them..... :roll:

At least they are staying in the same frequency range and thus, are easy to avoid.

KA9MOT
01-13-2011, 06:20 PM
On the other hand, we freely permit (and encourage) discussion of such things on The Island:

http://forums.qrz.com/showpost.php?p=2149970&postcount=43

Especially when they're amateur radio related and the participants maintain civility.

And what is up with Patrick in that thread.....almost inviting Mommy's Little Baby Boy to close the thread that he had participated in. Was it a test for his head student?

Did Mommy's Little Baby Boy pass the test?

ki4itv
01-13-2011, 07:23 PM
Canada ?

I'm sure Karol would put him up, he's seemed kinda sweet on Baxter anyway.

ki4itv
01-13-2011, 07:27 PM
And what is up with Patrick in that thread.....almost inviting Mommy's Little Baby Boy to close the thread that he had participated in. Was it a test for his head student?

Did Mommy's Little Baby Boy pass the test?

They grow up so slow these days.:lol:

VE7DCW
01-13-2011, 10:08 PM
I'm sure Karol would put him up, he's seemed kinda sweet on Baxter anyway.

Mr. Kooky was Baxter's co-host on his silly radio productions he's been trying to pass off as "bulletins" ..... who knows how Kooky Karol feels about Baxter off the air! :yuck:

W3WN
01-14-2011, 12:11 PM
He wouldn't have to "go" anywhere.

He could merely sell a logistical share of his consulting business to a licensed, sympathetic foreign national, with a proviso that said individual would maintain the transmission facilities and schedule.
Hmmm. True. With technology available today, it wouldn't be that hard to set up a transmitter off-shore that can be fed via VoIP. All he'd need is a sympathetic fellow whackjob & a local government or regulator willing to look the other way, especially if they are of the anti-American political persuasion.

kb2vxa
01-14-2011, 04:09 PM
With all the friends the US has made lately they won't be hard to find, he already has one up north.

VE7DCW
01-15-2011, 08:26 PM
When Baxter finally goes down for the count.....i'm sort of wondering how it's going to effect the status of all those AARA credit cards he's been pushing? :spin:

The FCC said it “believe[s] that Baxter’s apparent continuing course of misconduct raises a substantial and material question of fact as to whether he possesses the requisite character qualifications to be and remain a Commission licensee.”

Now.... if we can only get Industry Canada to think like this in dealing with Mr.Kooky,the radio world would bea better place :agree:

W3WN
01-15-2011, 08:33 PM
I never understood why Industry Canada continues to ignore Madera. I mean. it's pretty clear that the IC bureaucrats don't really give a hoot about Amateur Radio, but I never thought it would be to this extent.

N5RLR
01-16-2011, 03:15 AM
When Baxter finally goes down for the count.....i'm sort of wondering how it's going to effect the status of all those AARA credit cards he's been pushing? :spin:
My guess is that the bank that actually issues/d the cards will likely convert the cards/accounts from AARA-labeled to the bank's. :chin:

N9FE
01-16-2011, 06:40 AM
I never understood why Industry Canada continues to ignore Madera. I mean. it's pretty clear that the IC bureaucrats don't really give a hoot about Amateur Radio, but I never thought it would be to this extent. Just like our FCC. There has been many of these morons handed to Riley .. Now Laura, With recordings, Call signs, Address's. And Nothing. There still at it everyday.. And not one thing has been done !!

w2amr
01-16-2011, 08:12 AM
Just like our FCC. There has been many of these morons handed to Riley .. Now Laura, With recordings, Call signs, Address's. And Nothing. There still at it everyday.. And not one thing has been done !! No money to be made there. I'm sure The FCC would love to see amateur radio just go away.

W3WN
01-16-2011, 02:41 PM
Just like our FCC. There has been many of these morons handed to Riley .. Now Laura, With recordings, Call signs, Address's. And Nothing. There still at it everyday.. And not one thing has been done !!
Well, I can tell you from personal experience that Riley was effective, when he got involved in a problem. (Search the ARRL web site for the N3SH situation a few years back, and believe me, there was a lot more to that story) Could he have been more effective? Undoubtably, but there may be factors that were beyond his control... like a lack of staff to follow up on everything.

I would agree that Laura, to date, has been... underwhelming. I'm not willing to write her off -- yet -- but it would be nice to see some visible signs that she (and her office) is doing her job.

W3WN
01-16-2011, 02:43 PM
No money to be made there. I'm sure The FCC would love to see amateur radio just go away.
Wouldn't surprise me much if the day came, relatively soon, where the FCC turned over administration of the Amateur Service to a 3rd party non-profit organization and basically walked away from it. "Privatization" at it's worst.

W5RB
01-16-2011, 02:54 PM
Wouldn't surprise me much if the day came, relatively soon, where the FCC turned over administration of the Amateur Service to a 3rd party non-profit organization and basically walked away from it. "Privatization" at it's worst.

VHF and above combined into a giant all-service trunking system , with hams having a priority code near the bottom . HF soon limited to 200 watts , then harassed out of existence by the EPA .

KG4CGC
01-16-2011, 03:13 PM
The K man is back with a bigger, stronger signal. I normally NEVER hear him except for a faint half an S unit on occasion. Today he is S9.

ki4itv
01-16-2011, 03:18 PM
Must be hopping over me, nothing but light band noise here.

KG4CGC
01-16-2011, 03:26 PM
Must be hopping over me, nothing but light band noise here.
Maybe he's on a different antenna. I dunno, but you are blessed, ITV.

ki4itv
01-16-2011, 03:33 PM
Yea, I can usually hear him if he's broadcasting.
We can add a few cow noises to that band noise...that frequency contains many mysteries.

KG4CGC
01-16-2011, 03:44 PM
I've heard some attempts at interference but no one seems to have enough, oomph, to get over his signal today.
10KW? I've heard rumors of such in the past.

NQ6U
01-16-2011, 05:07 PM
The FCC just needs to hire some of my east coast cousins to go have a little "talk" with K1MAN. I can guarantee you that he will not be transmitting afterwards. Depending on his attitude, he may not be breathing either but, hey, you want to make an omelette, you got to break some eggs...

N8YX
01-19-2011, 10:04 AM
The FCC just needs to hire some of my east coast cousins to go have a little "talk" with K1MAN. I can guarantee you that he will not be transmitting afterwards. Depending on his attitude, he may not be breathing either but, hey, you want to make an omelette, you got to break some eggs...
Before I lock the thread, tell me the quoted text was made sarcastically.

If not, this one is history.

Joking or not, the forum will not be used to advocate vigilantism.

NQ6U
01-19-2011, 11:29 AM
Of course it's a joke--I don't even have any east coast cousins. And I wasn't advocating vigilantism, I was (jokingly) suggesting that the FCC hire some thugs to deal with a problem which the seem to be unable to handle on their own. I was also making fun of my own heritage, using common stereotypes.

N8YX
01-19-2011, 11:38 AM
Of course it's a joke--I don't even have any east coast cousins. And I wasn't advocating vigilantism, I was (jokingly) suggesting that the FCC hire some thugs to deal with a problem which the seem to be unable to handle on their own. I was also making fun of my own heritage, using common stereotypes.
Understood.

Continue on... :agree:

My $.02 in the enforcement matter: The Feds ought to pull the "Capone solution" on this clown. I for one would love to know the reason they've been dragging their feet for so long. Hell, they convicted Scott Peterson of murder with a lot less evidence and in a lot less time. :wtf:

W3WN
01-19-2011, 12:39 PM
Understood.

Continue on... :agree:

My $.02 in the enforcement matter: The Feds ought to pull the "Capone solution" on this clown. I for one would love to know the reason they've been dragging their feet for so long. Hell, they convicted Scott Peterson of murder with a lot less evidence and in a lot less time. :wtf:
Someone who knows how to work the system can drag it out for years, nay, decades. The system is slow and cumbersome. Add in that Amateur enforcement takes a back seat to just about every other radio service, since the FCC only pretends to occasionally care.

Baxter knows how to work the system.

Personally, I'd like to see a return to one thing from the 1970's... license fees to renew your ticket. But on the proviso that those funds NOT go into the US government general fund (like they did then), but specifically earmarked to go to the FCC. Those fees should serve two purposes: permit the FCC to hire staff to manage the day-to-day administration of the Amateur service (such as call assignments, plus answer questions, even provide tests -- don't hold your breath on that last one), and permit the FCC to hire staff to enforce the rules: staff monitor stations, issue pink slips, follow up on pink slips, assess fines if needed, collect fines, take them to court, shut down truly offending stations, etc.

It won't happen, but one can always hope.

w2amr
01-20-2011, 04:08 PM

Oh boy.:roll:

KA9MOT
01-20-2011, 04:57 PM

Yo! Frankie! Don even think aboudit!

Having been raised out East you never really knew who you were rubbing elbows with......and that was NE Pennsylvania! Image how it was in Philly, Brooklyn or Joisey City!

N8YX
01-20-2011, 05:15 PM
Oh boy.:roll:
We took care of it offline, George. S'alright. Thanks for your concern. I love ya, man! ;)

w2amr
01-21-2011, 03:32 PM
We took care of it offline, George. S'alright. Thanks for your concern. I love ya, man! ;)Tnx, you've always been my favorite too Freddie.

n2ize
01-24-2011, 05:11 AM

Not vigilantiism... They would just "talk" to the guy. Ya know... give him some "helpful suggestions" on how to run his station. :-D:-D

VE7DCW
01-26-2011, 01:52 AM
The clock is ticking down for Baxter ..... "tick.....tick..... tick......" :-D

In the matter of Glenn Baxter's license renewal application:

As Ordered by Richard L. Sippel, Chief Administrative Law Judge:

A pre-hearing conference will be held in Washington, D.C., commencing at 9:30 a.m. on March 3, 2011, at which a Hearing date shall be set.

http://www.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2011/db0112/DA-11-58A1.pdf

tick...... tick.......tick...... :yes:

n6hcm
01-26-2011, 02:21 AM
i don't get it. why can't the hearing be on 3rd march? it's not like you couldn't see this coming ...

N4VGB
01-26-2011, 02:46 AM
No money to be made there. I'm sure The FCC would love to see amateur radio just go away.

That's 2 of us that fully understand.

VE7DCW
02-18-2011, 10:45 PM
Some New info on Baxter's case as posted on K1TP's ..."As the world turns" info site .... advanced apologies for the KWW type cut and paste simulation!!

Baxter's pre-hearing conference has been rescheduled for September 7, 2011. Discovery will proceed with 25 interrogatories, 25 requests to admit, and 25 requests for documents, for each side. The Hearing is scheduled to take place after Baxter loses his collection case. Baxter has the burden of proof as to why he has the character to remain licensed.

Common Sense Guide to the K1MAN Case

Q: Is the FCC re-hashing old complaints in this hearing?
A: No, these are new complaints. They're essentially new instances of what Baxter was accused of in the 2006 Forfeiture Order.

Q: Is the FCC using the Maine collection case to determine Baxter's character?
A: No. Baxter has the burden of proof and his testimony and the new evidence will determine whether he's renewed or not.

Q: Does this case have anything to do with ARRL, the YL Net, K3VR, or ARNewsline?
A: No, these entities have not been accused of wrong-doing by the government and they are not on trial or scheduled for hearing.

Q: Is Baxter required to post a schedule?
A: No. A schedule's only required for bulletin stations operating on 5 bands and only if they want to pay their control ops.

Q: Am I required to know, be aware of, or avoid "Baxter's" bulletin frequency?
A: No. Baxter doesn't own or have legal claim to any frequency. HF bulletin stations are always required to yield to you, if you're operating there first.

Q: Does W1AW yield?
A: Reports indicate W1AW listens and moves, as required by law.

Q: Is it legal for a bulletin station to come on top of others using the frequency?
A: No, it is patently illegal for an HF bulletin station to willfully or intentionally interfere if you're on frequency first.

Q: What does "willfully and intentionally interfere" mean?
A: The FCC says he failed to listen and move elsewhere when the frequency was already in use. Failure to listen and move is a willful and intentional act.

Q: What if he listens and doesn't hear me operating?
A: That's very common. It's called incidental interference and it's not illegal. However, K1MAN is accused of willful and intentional interference.

Q: What's this "pecuniary interest" rule as it applies to Baxter?
A: The FCC says Baxter used his bulletins to drive people to his website where things are or were for sale.

Q: Do other stations do the same thing?
A: Possibly, but they aren't on trial and no amount of finger pointing and "but Jonny does it too" will get them on trial.

Q: Baxter says he's an engineer, has helped in emergencies, and has awards, doesn't he get a pass for good behavior in the past?
A: Nope. Baxter says a lot of things, but past behavior doesn't matter when you break the law.

Q: Baxter mentions Bill Pasternak and ARNewsline; is Bill in trouble?
A: Nope. Pasternak produces a bulletin, but he doesn't transmit it. All stations are responsible for their own transmissions and only their own transmissions.

Q: Is the FCC going to use evidence collected by average hams?
A: No. All evidence in both the Hearing in D.C. and the trial in Maine was collected by FCC personnel.

Q: Did the FCC encourage interference to the K1MAN bulletin?
A: Doubtful. If they did, Baxter will need to prove that to the satisfaction of the Judge.

Q: Are new rules necessary to clarify bulletin operations?
A: No. The rules are already clear enough for anyone willing to read and abide by existing laws.

Q: What is Baxter accused of now?
A: Here's the evidence the FCC plans to use against Baxter at the upcoming Hearing:

...the record before us indicates that Baxter has apparently willfully and repeatedly engaged in unlawful Commission-related activities, including causing interference to ongoing communications of other amateur stations, transmitting communications in which he had a pecuniary interest, failing to file requested information pursuant to an Enforcement Bureau (Bureau) directive, engaging in broadcasting without communicating with any particular station, and failing to exercise control of his station. Based on the information before us, we believe that Baxter’s apparent continuing course of misconduct raises a substantial and material question of fact as to whether he possesses the requisite character qualifications to be and remain a Commission licensee. Accordingly, we hereby designate his application for hearing.

On July 14, 2009, the Commission received a complaint that, at 1:00 p.m., Baxter willfully or maliciously interfered with other stations' communications by transmitting on top of ongoing communications."
On July 16, 2009, Commission personnel monitored Baxter’s station on frequency 14.275 MHz. During the monitoring, Baxter’s station began transmitting what FCC staff believed to be a pre-recorded program regarding amplifiers, but the transmission was unintelligible.

At 4:00 p.m. that day, Baxter’s station began transmitting again, disrupting ongoing communications on 14.275 MHz.
Commission personnel monitored Baxter’s station again on July 17, 2009, and at 1:28 p.m. determined that it was transmitting on frequency 14.275 MHz while other radio communications were ongoing.
At 4:45 p.m. on July 25, 2009, while a station in Spain was transmitting signal reports on the frequency of 14.275 MHz to amateur stations engaged in a contest, Baxter began transmitting on top of this station's communication, ultimately forcing the Spanish station to relocate to frequency 14.279 MHz in order to continue the contest.
:yes:

KA5PIU
02-19-2011, 12:42 AM
Hello.

And there is his defense.
He was transmitting on a pre published frequency and a pre published time.
True, the ARRL is not on trial, but they do the EXACT same thing.
That is his primary defense, and a very good one.
Amazingly enough, he was able to get the Spanish government to write him a letter indicating his complaint.
And, to add insult to injury, the guy can prove that he was on 14.275 prior to this contest.
The way he does it is to occupy the frequency pretty much 24 hours.
This is done with a low power transmitter that does the ID boogie once it detects a signal from a receiver.
This cat may be crazy, but he is smart!
14.275 is the known loony bin frequency of Amateur Radio.
The sooner the FCC deals with it, the better, but having hams key up only complicates matters.
The ONLY way to bust him is for everyone to stay off 14.275MHz, leave it free for him to do his broadcasts.
Make it very easy to prove that this is what is happening, broadcasting, and let the FCC do its thing.
Once this happens the FCC will be able to deal with him in short order.