PDA

View Full Version : So now the DHS has naked pictures of me!

W1GUH
11-01-2010, 10:02 AM
I flew out to LA for the weekend and coming back yesterday "they" decided to put me through the machine that takes nice images of my body parts. Hope the enjoy!!!

So, OK, there's been a heightened security level lately & maybe they had a quota of "enhanced checks" they hadta fill. I'm happy to have helped them. But I can't shake the feeling that my check had nothing to do with dangerous stuff. It sure seemed like they were looking for an even greater threat to the nation...that killer weed!!!!!

Hope the guy enjoyed feeling me up!

N8YX
11-01-2010, 10:21 AM
The terrorists have won, plain and simple.

W4GPL
11-01-2010, 10:33 AM
Insist they give you a pat down and then act like you really enjoy it. You can opt out of the scanner, Denver has one, I've never gone thru it. I make them feel me up. ;)

W1GUH
11-01-2010, 10:38 AM
This guy did both. First the scan...THEN the feel-up. He paid particular attention to my rolled-up shirt sleeves. (Guess that'd be an obvious place for doobies...or, I guess, a ceramic knife.)

Anyway, the obvious message here is...don't take anything through security hat you don't want them to find.

W4GPL
11-01-2010, 10:42 AM
Again.. the xray is COMPLETELY optional. Do not let them tell you otherwise. If they insist, insist they're wrong. TSA are thugs, plain and simple. I fly dozens of times a year, I do not let those bastards intimidate me. If they do, sue them. The only way these thugs will stand down is if we all stand up.

Not to mention, if you fly as often as I do, it becomes a serious health concern.

W1GUH
11-01-2010, 10:48 AM
Oh, how I wish airport security people were as cool as a lady I dated for a while. This is back in '75, & she worked as a private security guard at a small airport. She told me that if the searchee looks a little uncomfortable when she went though his suitcase, she'd look up and say, "I'm only looking for bombs, relax!") Won't happen now!

But to reply to your words, he made no mention that it was "optional." He simply told me where to stand and all that... He didn't seem particularly thug-like...besides, in the state I was in...and all that...

(It was about 5:00 AM, and I'd stayed up all night after getting home from partying!!!)

W4GPL
11-01-2010, 11:03 AM
No, they won't tell you it's optional, but it is. They cannot force you to go thru the xray backscatter scanner. The alternative is a "full hands" pat down, which I find just as intrusive, but I make it as awkward for them as they do for me. I will not participate, and I will be as obnoxious about it as I need to be. I have a real chip on my shoulder for the TSA and I hope they all choke to death on their bullshit. But ask me how I really feel.

Prior to 9-11, I used to fly from Orlando to Newark every Tuesday morning and return late that evening. I'd drive up to the airport an hour before my flight, walk directly to the gate, check in, and fly the 2 hours to Newark. After 9-11 it became a two hour ordeal. I understand the need for increased security, but air travel needs to return to taxi cab status, as far as I'm concerned. We can't live forever. :)

N2CHX
11-01-2010, 11:11 AM
Next time I fly I'm shoving a plastic baggie in my twat with a note inside that says "Made you look!"

w3bny
11-01-2010, 11:16 AM
Next time I fly I'm shoving a plastic baggie in my twat with a note inside that says "Made you look!"

ORLY...Go for the gold and do that eggie thing that they do in the PI...or so I am told.

N8YX
11-01-2010, 11:35 AM
ORLY...Go for the gold and do that eggie thing that they do in the PI...or so I am told.
That takes balls.

Two of them, as a matter of fact.

Ben-Wa variety ought to do nicely.

NQ6U
11-01-2010, 11:36 AM
Naked pictures of me could definitely be considered a threat to homeland security.

N2CHX
11-01-2010, 11:38 AM

Linky? I have no clue what you're talking about.

N2CHX
11-01-2010, 11:38 AM
Naked pictures of me could definitely be considered a threat to homeland security.

Oh I dunno. I've seen you nekkid and you're not that bad.

NQ6U
11-01-2010, 11:39 AM
Oh I dunno. I've seen you nekkid and you're not that bad.

Shhh! You promised you wouldn't tell anybody as long as I wouldn't mention...well, you know...

WØTKX
11-01-2010, 11:51 AM
Besides, you both signed the release forms for the movie... you were NOT of sound mind and body, but you signed. :evil:

Rough concept sketch of Freedom Shorts, (clicky to enlarge).

NQ6U
11-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Are you going to print those shorts in some sort of radio-opaque ink so it shows up on the x-ray, Dave?

W5RB
11-01-2010, 12:05 PM
The shorts need fringe added , to accommodate the obvious puns .

NQ6U
11-01-2010, 12:10 PM
Besides, you both signed the release forms for the movie... you were NOT of sound mind and body, but you signed. :evil:]

I'm tellin' ya, you should have seen Kelli and Charles. I mean, I didn't think that was physically possible...

WØTKX
11-01-2010, 12:29 PM
Oh, you mean when Dance Like an Egyptian was blaring on the stereo?

http://cdn.wn.com/pd/4b/2c/daf589c70761b726d92d00856158_grande.jpg

W3WN
11-01-2010, 02:54 PM
I'm tellin' ya, you should have seen Kelli and Charles. I mean, I didn't think that was physically possible...
Da-yum. I always miss out on ALL the good parties.

W1GUH
11-01-2010, 03:07 PM
Besides, you both signed the release forms for the movie... you were NOT of sound mind and body, but you signed. :evil:

Rough concept sketch of Freedom Shorts, (clicky to enlarge).

Y'know...it is my impression (mis-guided or otherwise) that the people reading the scans would agree and support that 100%. They're only doing their job, one that they probably really need. The guy who did me, once it was clear that I wasn't carrying that dangerous plant substance was the model of "good guy." I'm sure his bosses (and their bosses, and their bosses) are out to get the "monthly pot bust award." Hell, he, himself, probably goes home and gets high.

Which gets down to some nitty-gritty. The same kind of nitty-gritty that is still with us from the 60's. The people carrying out the orders of "those on high" are the public face of BS thinking and policies. That is, those who formulate those policies are so totally protected from those upon whome they're stupid policies are forced, that they're pretty much unreachable. They relegate the public interface to people just like us who probably find what they have to do as odious as those of us on whom they're forced to execute them. It used to be that, well, even if that's the case, "pushing back" will work. But, IMHO, not so today. Today I'm completely happy to just let them do their thing...they probably don't really want to...and let whoever picked me be embarrassed that he called it wrong. Political reading seems to say that there's enough of us rank and file grass roots who are really, really, really pissed off about what's going on that this just might be something that is about to come to a head. Well, at least I hope that's not just wishful thinking on the part of yours truly.

WØTKX
11-01-2010, 03:26 PM
Well, you can always ship things to a UPS store near your destination. Why carry anything now?

I started doing that a long time ago, because of ski gear, or equipment if it's for work.

What else can ya do? Show up in a hospital gown? :dunno:

N2CHX
11-01-2010, 03:30 PM
I've decided to re-think this... If I came to the airport sporting a couple of big round lead weights dangling under there, I wonder what they would do when they hit that?

WØTKX
11-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Break out the Geiger Counter?

W1GUH
11-01-2010, 03:47 PM
Break out the Geiger Counter?

That happened when I tried to take some 811's ;) into Canada. Well, not in Canada where it was (really) no big deal...but I was denied entry and had to present to the US Customs the document denying me entry. (I was not about to screw around with the system and try to "get by.")

That, too, was no big deal. Canada had already taken the 811's for their own enjoyment (Enjoy, guys!!!), AND had had the dogs out to make sure that's all I had. But as soon as an "unusual" case showed up at the crossing (Rainbow Bridge in Niagara Falls), all the bored types descended with Geiger counters, mirrors to look under the car...the works!!! As I had nothing to fear, really, and also because the people just doing their jobs were, actually, cool, it was kinda fun. Just time-consuming.

As the earlier reply said...the terrorists have absolutely and completely won. They're not dumb...they know the damage they've done to us. :cry:

W4GPL
11-01-2010, 03:51 PM
http://consumerist.com/2010/11/tsa-pat-down-feels-up-your-crotch-until-it-meets-resistance.html

WØTKX
11-01-2010, 03:54 PM
Bring back group streaking?

W1GUH
11-01-2010, 04:18 PM
Y'know....I could support ALL of this security, in the name of public safety...

IF ONLY THEY WOULD LIMIT IT TO OUR F'ING SAFETY AND NOT MAKE THIS A BOON FOR THE WAR ON DRUGS!!!!!

F'ing assholes!

kc7jty
11-01-2010, 05:14 PM

That's it!

The 2 most pertinent bumper stickers for America are that & Stupid people don't deserve freedom!

WØTKX
11-01-2010, 05:19 PM
Imagine a group of people arriving in the security line, wearing robes similar to ones from "certain" desert climes... festooned with patriotic slogans and symbols for the "right side" of course. Now, they all drop their robes, and approach security completely nekkid. :shock:

Maybe red white and blue body paint? Would that sketch be entirely too silly?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0f2aFhZ3Uk

kc7jty
11-01-2010, 05:23 PM
http://www.solarnavigator.net/history/explorers_history/Thomas_Jefferson_by_Charles_Willson_Peale_1791.jpg
Jefferson was a jerk off.

WØTKX
11-01-2010, 05:24 PM
Not always, he did sire a few kids, eh? :whistle:

kc7jty
11-01-2010, 10:13 PM
some black I hear...

n2ize
11-02-2010, 02:51 AM
It sure seemed like they were looking for an even greater threat to the nation...that killer weed!!!!!

Well, according to Glenn beck the BIGGEST threat to the nation is an education. An education is deadlier than terrorism. So I guess marijuana or drugs in general is about the second biggest threat with pot being the biggest threat of all possible drugs.

n2ize
11-02-2010, 02:53 AM
Y'know....I could support ALL of this security, in the name of public safety...

IF ONLY THEY WOULD LIMIT IT TO OUR F'ING SAFETY AND NOT MAKE THIS A BOON FOR THE WAR ON DRUGS!!!!!

F'ing assholes!

No, Obama's drug czar vowed to continue the fight against drugs, and in particular, the evil scourge of marijuana.

n2ize
11-02-2010, 03:03 AM
Y'know...it is my impression (mis-guided or otherwise) that the people reading the scans would agree and support that 100%. They're only doing their job, one that they probably really need. The guy who did me, once it was clear that I wasn't carrying that dangerous plant substance was the model of "good guy." I'm sure his bosses (and their bosses, and their bosses) are out to get the "monthly pot bust award." Hell, he, himself, probably goes home and gets high.

Which gets down to some nitty-gritty. The same kind of nitty-gritty that is still with us from the 60's. The people carrying out the orders of "those on high" are the public face of BS thinking and policies. That is, those who formulate those policies are so totally protected from those upon whome they're stupid policies are forced, that they're pretty much unreachable. They relegate the public interface to people just like us who probably find what they have to do as odious as those of us on whom they're forced to execute them. It used to be that, well, even if that's the case, "pushing back" will work. But, IMHO, not so today. Today I'm completely happy to just let them do their thing...they probably don't really want to...and let whoever picked me be embarrassed that he called it wrong. Political reading seems to say that there's enough of us rank and file grass roots who are really, really, really pissed off about what's going on that this just might be something that is about to come to a head. Well, at least I hope that's not just wishful thinking on the part of yours truly.

These days I refuse to fly any commercial airline. I refuse to be treated like I'm a criminal until I get scrutinized, xrayed, felt up, fondled, and screwed over. If I have to travel anywhere I'll drive, take a train, a boat, a bus, hitchhike, or use a horse and wagon if need be. If an employer wants me to fly I explain to them even before I take the job that I have an aversion to flying...which is actually true...I am claustrophobic and I feel rather uncomfortable and "trapped" in some airliners. I have no patience for this type of treatment of the jack asses administering it.

Only thing is that I wonder how long it will be before they start xray-ing you and fondling you just for wallking down a road or before boarding a train. We had a mini version of that here in NYC when they were searching passengers bags, backpacks, etc.

Of course it will all be justified either in the name of fighting terror or in the name of fighting drugs. Hey, nanny has to protect us from the evils of dope.

Heck, we now have the kind of society we asked for. As long as the majority of the sheep are contented they could care less about the few who complain about it.

kc7jty
11-02-2010, 09:39 PM
You're clearly not thinking of the children John.

W1GUH
11-04-2010, 11:23 AM
Again.. the xray is COMPLETELY optional. Do not let them tell you otherwise. If they insist, insist they're wrong. TSA are thugs, plain and simple. I fly dozens of times a year, I do not let those bastards intimidate me. If they do, sue them. The only way these thugs will stand down is if we all stand up.

Not to mention, if you fly as often as I do, it becomes a serious health concern.

Well, here's one guy who "opted out" (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Opt-Out-of-a-Body-Scan-Then-nytimes-3016411705.html?x=0)-- look what happened to him.

kd8dey
11-04-2010, 01:31 PM
I flew out to LA for the weekend and coming back yesterday "they" decided to put me through the machine that takes nice images of my body parts. Hope the enjoy!!!

So, OK, there's been a heightened security level lately & maybe they had a quota of "enhanced checks" they hadta fill. I'm happy to have helped them. But I can't shake the feeling that my check had nothing to do with dangerous stuff. It sure seemed like they were looking for an even greater threat to the nation...that killer weed!!!!!

Should have offered to Autograph the pictures........

W2NAP
11-04-2010, 02:29 PM

Indeed, welcome to the policed state known as america

W1GUH
11-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Indeed, welcome to the policed state known as america

And it's not only at airports. So many, many tourist attractions now have xray machines and metal detectors and LEO's that are going to ensure that you Comply!!! as you enter. They are NOT just looking for weapons or dangerous implements. Going over to Ellis Island earlier this year I had the first ORDER to put my wallet in the tray that went through the xray machine. When I had a surprised look on my face, the guard said, "You'd be surprised what we find in wallets." Drugs was the first thing she said.

Yea, I'm cynical. Yea, I'm suspicious of this kind of thing. But it really, really feels like we DO live right next to a police state where EVERYTHING we do is going to be how THEY want us to do it. Seems only a matter of time til they just "drop" the public safety issue and come right out and order us to COMPLY OR ELSE!

Meanwhile the elites (See the post in the Forbidden Zone about mortgaging our children and my link to an article in The Nation) get away with taking all of our money. Is it any wonder I no longer think there's any use to vote or be involved in politics at all?

W2NAP
11-04-2010, 05:06 PM
your right, I truly think we have emerged a policed state. we have the TSA thugs harassing young kids, DHS putting small children on "no fly lists"

The federal government is useless, it has become nothing more then oppressive. and should honestly be put down, so we can start over.

we live under tyranny, the feds have become tyrants .

hell, these days when people ask me where i live, I tell them Anderson, Occupied territory of Indiana

W1GUH
11-04-2010, 05:47 PM
:yes::agree::cheers:

NA4BH
11-04-2010, 06:08 PM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4018/4337230275_126be9078e.jpg