PDA

View Full Version : Rig control in Ubuntu

N8YX
10-28-2010, 08:04 AM
Any support for it?

Is an analog to HRD for Windows offered in any of the current distros?

Gonna start an upgrade project soon and I would rather load some form of Linux if possible - but at the same time I must have the ability to control a TS-940S/KAM combo. Or use a sound card interface for the digi modes.

W3MIV
11-02-2010, 09:21 AM
IIRC, Fldigi has rig control built into it; at least it does on the Winnders side. I don't know how Kenwoods link with the computer -- I am an ICOM user and so am familiar with the CI-V interfacing through the serial port.

I used Ubuntu for a good while in a dual-boot configuration. I never could get good utility out of it for ham ops, though. I believe Luke, AD4MG is an Ubuntu guy -- maybe PM him and ax if he has any suggestions. My only criticism of our wondrous forums here is that this particular arena often goes for long periods of inattention.

KC9ECI
11-02-2010, 11:50 AM
I don't recall but I think the Shackbox distro is Ubuntu based and there is a working copy of HRD in that package. It's been over a year since I messed about with it briefly so I can't say for sure.

KC2UGV
11-02-2010, 11:58 AM
hamlib has support for your rig, if I recall correctly. If it works under HRD, it should work with hamlib.