PDA

View Full Version : The Rangers?

W5IEI
10-20-2010, 12:46 PM
How strange,3-1 over the Yankees?

N2NH
10-20-2010, 01:02 PM
I'm not extremely surprised. I doubt if the Yanks won 10 games last month. They sort of slid in backwards on their butts getting a playoff spot. No pitching, hitting is iffy and what little chemistry they had is gone. Time to get some pitchers and a couple of hitters. They haven't been hitting real well since Mattingly left as batting coach. I think it's time they reconsider hiring him as manager rather than let the Dodgers get him.

w3bny
10-20-2010, 02:03 PM
Like nobody knew that the Yankees suck!

W3WN
10-20-2010, 02:25 PM
How strange,3-1 over the Yankees?
The Yankees peaked too soon, which is one of the reasons why they were the Wild Card and not the AL East winner.

And the Rangers are a very, very good team this year.

Don't look good for the boys in pinstripes, dagnabit. OTOH, now I can plan to root for Freddy Sanchez with a clear conscience.

Oh yeah, and the rest of the Giants as well, I guess, if I really have to.

W5IEI
10-22-2010, 10:24 PM
How 'bout those Rangers?
Go Rangers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NA4BH
10-22-2010, 10:27 PM
HI-O SILVER...... :lol: :lol:

w2amr
10-23-2010, 03:24 AM
It will be the Rangers VS the Giants, unless the Phillies can win 2 in a row. It don't look good be we are hoping. Oswalt tonight, Hamels Sunday.:pray:

W2NAP
10-23-2010, 03:51 AM
boo rangers

W5IEI
10-23-2010, 06:26 AM
It will be the Rangers VS the Giants, unless the Phillies can win 2 in a row. It don't look good be we are hoping. Oswalt tonight, Hamels Sunday.:pray:
I think I'd rather face the Phillies.

w2amr
10-23-2010, 06:38 AM
I think I'd rather face the Phillies.I hear you, We haven't been hitting much this year.

ad4mg
10-23-2010, 06:44 AM
Good for the Rangers! I'm happy to see them get their first shot at the WS. I know there are lots of Yankee fans around here, but to me, they're like the Braves to you guys ... they've won enough already, at least for a while.

Depending on who wins on the other side, this may be the 1st time I ever rooted for an AL team to win the big prize!

w2amr
10-23-2010, 07:24 AM
Citizens Bank Park will be jumping tonight. GO PHILS!

WX7P
10-23-2010, 08:55 AM
Viva el Gigantes!

I'm not a real big Giants fan, always been more partial to the A's, even back in the Mays/McCovey/Marichal era, but I really like Tim Lincecum. The guy is a freak as a pitcher and seems real down to earth, not an asshole like Roger Clemons. Nothing seems to bother that guy and truly seems to be enjoying the ride he's on right now. I expect him to pull a Koufax and retire by the time he's 32.

W5IEI
10-23-2010, 09:01 AM
I feel pretty satisfied they made it this far,whatever the outcome.

WX7P
10-23-2010, 09:10 AM
I feel pretty satisfied they made it this far,whatever the outcome.

Good for them, Mike.

Ron Washington was an A's coach for a long time. I saw him play for the San Jose Bees (Single A team then) in 1974.

Now that W doesn't own the team, I can (sort of) root for them. Unless the Giants make the Series.

W3WN
10-23-2010, 09:48 AM
Well, after seeing Phillies fans at PNC Park this year, the wife & daughter would be rooting for the Giants even if Freddy Sanchez hadn't been tossed aside like garbage traded to them by the Pirates last year.

N2NH
10-23-2010, 01:36 PM
Well the Yanks finally folded. I was glad to see them in the playoffs although they didn't have the pitching they needed and I think it's time to make some trades. Some of those boys are closer to collecting Social Security than they are to their first Rookie Day.

The Rangers played well, but IMHO, the Giants are the better team and despite deserting moving from here, I will be rooting for them.

WX7P
10-23-2010, 02:29 PM
Well the Yanks finally folded. I was glad to see them in the playoffs although they didn't have the pitching they needed and I think it's time to make some trades. Some of those boys are closer to collecting Social Security than they are to their first Rookie Day.

The Rangers played well, but IMHO, the Giants are the better team and despite deserting moving from here, I will be rooting for them.

Get over it, John. The move is older than you are!

Besides, you have the Mets. Which beat the Reds in '69 and lost to my A's in 1973.

w2amr
10-23-2010, 03:02 PM

Besides, you have the Mets.
Yeah, he sure does.:yuck::lol:

W3WN
10-23-2010, 07:33 PM

Hey, it's not all bad. The dysfunction of the Mets make the owners of the Pirates look good by comparison. OUR ownership group is just a bunch of cheapskates!

w2amr
10-24-2010, 03:27 AM
Well we are out and the Giants move on. It should be a good series.

n2ize
10-24-2010, 03:37 AM
Good for the Rangers! I'm happy to see them get their first shot at the WS. I know there are lots of Yankee fans around here, but to me, they're like the Braves to you guys ... they've won enough already, at least for a while.

Depending on who wins on the other side, this may be the 1st time I ever rooted for an AL team to win the big prize!

The Yankee's have to win. They can never have enough wins. If they don't win they'll just have to spend more money and make sure they win next time around. Money wins.

Actually I don;t care who wins. I have no interest in sports anymore.

n2ize
10-24-2010, 03:38 AM
I thought this thread was about the Texas Rangers"

http://www.lsjunction.com/facts/rangers.htm

ad4mg
10-24-2010, 07:06 AM
Well we are out and the Giants move on. It should be a good series.
Yeah, now I can root for the NL team, although I wouldn't mind a bit if the Rangers won.

I can't imagine a scenario where I could pull for the Phillies or the Yankees. And, now that Bobby is gone, I'll add the Braves to that list for pulling their AAA Braves out of Richmond. Maybe watching baseball will be more enjoyable again now that I don't have a favorite team!

al2n
10-24-2010, 05:40 PM
Rangers are going down!

Yes, they are going down faster than a hooker on a Navy base.

NQ6U
10-24-2010, 06:36 PM
I thought this thread was about the Texas Rangers"

http://www.lsjunction.com/facts/rangers.htm

http://www.lsjunction.com/facts/rangers.jpg

It is. That's the 2010 Texas Rangers starting line-up including the DH.

W7XF
10-24-2010, 10:12 PM
In before Cowthief...... :lol:

N2NH
10-25-2010, 12:04 AM

The Mutts aren't the Giants nor are they the Dodgers. The Mutts haven't got enough talent on the whole team to equal the blister on one of the subs on either of those two teams. So, we lose two good teams and get... DA MUTTS!

Oh, hate to break it to ya, but I was 4 when they moved. I still can remember the moans from Ebbetts Field when the Dodgers blew a game in Brooklyn when I was a kid. Not a sound that you can forget, it was a city in pain.

W3WN
10-25-2010, 09:20 AM
The Mutts aren't the Giants nor are they the Dodgers. The Mutts haven't got enough talent on the whole team to equal the blister on one of the subs on either of those two teams. So, we lose two good teams and get... DA MUTTS!

Oh, hate to break it to ya, but I was 4 when they moved. I still can remember the moans from Ebbetts Field when the Dodgers blew a game in Brooklyn when I was a kid. Not a sound that you can forget, it was a city in pain.

No, I disagree. The Mets have talent. But they don't have a team. There's a difference.

Then there's the Pirates, which have talent... at the AAA level. But until the cheapskate ownership gets replaced (and Bud Selig loves them, so it won't happen anytime soon) nothing will change.

...and just to bring this full circle, before joining with Nolan Ryan to buy the Rangers, Chuck Greenberg and the Lemieux Group (the Penguins ownership) made a serious bid to buy the Pirates. The Nuttings, however, have declared that the Pirates are not for sale, and that's that... so that's that.

N2NH
10-25-2010, 09:23 AM
No, I disagree. The Mets have talent. But they don't have a team. There's a difference.

Then there's the Pirates, which have talent... at the AAA level. But until the cheapskate ownership gets replaced (and Bud Selig loves them, so it won't happen anytime soon) nothing will change.

They have talent alright. Just not enough to fill a blister on a substitute player on the Giants or the Dodgers.

They need to get rid of Wright maybe Reyes and get a baseball player for those clowns.

WX7P
10-25-2010, 09:47 AM
Well, after seeing Phillies fans at PNC Park this year, the wife & daughter would be rooting for the Giants even if Freddy Sanchez hadn't been tossed aside like garbage traded to them by the Pirates last year.

Thought you might like this quote in the SF fishwrap...

-- Freddy Sanchez is as tough as an old leather saddle, just pounding out hits and playing hurt. Tim Alderson, the pitching prospect who went to Pittsburgh for Sanchez, has regressed so badly, Baseball America recently claimed "it's difficult to envision him making it to the majors." Another great move by Brian Sabean.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/10/25/SPC61G1D4T.DTL&ao=2#ixzz13Njcp9oG

W3WN
10-25-2010, 11:02 AM
Yeah, we know *sigh*

The arguably best double-play starting combo in the majors was Jack Wilson & Freddy Sanchez. Both got dumped because they were due to earn too much money the following year.

And the sad thing is, the money that each of them are getting now is quite reasonable, and both players had said at one point that they would have stayed with the Pirates if they'd been offered those contracts (agents bs not withstanding). But the Pirates ownership felt that those salaries were too much. For them.

Which is why the team will remain lousy. But profitable.

W3WN
10-25-2010, 11:06 AM
They have talent alright. Just not enough to fill a blister on a substitute player on the Giants or the Dodgers.

They need to get rid of Wright maybe Reyes and get a baseball player for those clowns.
Jason Bay should have stayed with the Red Sox. I don't know if he and/or his agent got greedy, or if they misjudged the team's management, but that was his opportunity to blow, and he blew it.

While he got a big contract from the Mets, that left field at Citi is not for him. He will not do well with it. And until he got hurt, it showed.

That's what I mean. The Mets have a lot of talented players, but often the wrong player for the position for the team.

w2amr
10-30-2010, 05:32 AM
Jayson Werth is a free agent now. He hired Scott Boris and is going for the big payday. He won't be back with the Phils.

suddenseer
10-30-2010, 12:54 PM
I hear you, We haven't been hitting much this year.What's this "we"? I watched almost every inning. I don't recall seeing you in a Phillie's uniform swinging a bat.

NQ6U
10-30-2010, 12:59 PM
So, Giants in four, you think?

I never would have ventured to say such a thing before the Series started but it's looking as if the Rangers have met their match.

w2amr
10-30-2010, 01:07 PM
So, Giants in four, you think?

I never would have ventured to say such a thing before the Series started but it's looking as if the Rangers have met their match.The Rangers have to win a game or two.

suddenseer
10-30-2010, 01:12 PM
I think it is novel to see the Rangers in the fall classic. The close up shot of Nolan Ryan, club president said it all. I hope they at least avoid the sweep. Being on their own turf might change things. It did not help the Red's