PDA

View Full Version : Got that elusive PS for my AF-67...

W1GUH
10-17-2010, 10:33 AM
And this, after I'd found a transformer and a connector for an HB supply. The bonus is it came with another AF-67 that's in much better cosmetic shape than the one I already have. Yippee!!!!! I've got one for the car and one to display.

The guy I bought it from ($200 for the radio and supply and manual repros) said it was from a Silent Key who fired everything up at least every year...so it should be ready go.

Wow....that Deerfield Hamfest (called Nearfest) is just awesome with the vast array of stuff you can find.

n2ize
10-19-2010, 10:27 AM
And this, after I'd found a transformer and a connector for an HB supply. The bonus is it came with another AF-67 that's in much better cosmetic shape than the one I already have. Yippee!!!!! I've got one for the car and one to display.

The guy I bought it from ($200 for the radio and supply and manual repros) said it was from a Silent Key who fired everything up at least every year...so it should be ready go.

Wow....that Deerfield Hamfest (called Nearfest) is just awesome with the vast array of stuff you can find.

Isn't it called Hosstraders anymore. I always wanted to make it up there one day. To camp out, get drunk, smoke weed enjoy good food at AM'ers know how, and play AM radio.

W1GUH
10-19-2010, 12:20 PM
Isn't it called Hosstraders anymore. I always wanted to make it up there one day. To camp out, get drunk, smoke weed enjoy good food at AM'ers know how, and play AM radio.

Sure wish it was still like that. You described it to a "T" in the early 90's, but I'm not sure the party is as good. But then, I didn't hang out til the Jamfest this year. I'm 20 more years into OFness & was dead tired and also copped out staying in a hotel in Manchester! Egad!!!

BTW...I believe it was me and Bob, KB2BSF, that did the original jamfest in Spring, '91. We just started playing, attracted a crowd & the rest is history. Only time I ever made $$ playing...by the end of the evening there was $2.50 in pennies, nickels, dimes and quarter in my case. Wasn't really expecting that....I'd just left the case open for easy access! I'll always keep that change in that case. Offered half to Bob, but he didn't really want it. Besides, he plays professionally regularly.

Played once more in Spring, '92 in the rain, then hung it up when the movable feast moved to Rochester.