PDA

View Full Version : VK this morning on 30m...

W3MIV
10-12-2010, 07:11 AM
Merv, VK4EM, in Springside, Queensland from the East Coast under these condx is pretty good. Had to use an average of sixty watts on PSK31, and my wire is oriented north-to-south, so the path either way is long, long, long.3385

ki4itv
10-12-2010, 07:15 AM
Right along the gray line. Nice catch!

30m is full of surprises.

NQ6U
10-12-2010, 12:29 PM
I got turned on to 30m PSK31 by a guy I met on 40m one night. I'd never tried that band at all until he invited me over for a QSO and I'll be damned if it wasn't great. Far less QRN at my QTH and it opens up earlier in the day than 40m too. I just wish more people would use it.

ki4itv
10-12-2010, 07:11 PM
I just wish more people would use it.

A lot more people are using the band than used too. It's a funny band. You may not see them at any given moment, but they're there...somebody is there all the time. I personally spent a solid year and a half drumming up business, babysitting the frequencies we were promoting 10 hrs a day, and bearing the scorn and ridicule of those who didn't understand what we were doing.
No, it's not like the mess at 14.070, and I think it's better off for it.
I continue encouraging anyone who's interested to spend some real time there, use the tools available through psk reporter and the 30m digital group.