PDA

View Full Version : Good chance I'll finally get to Dayton next year.

W1GUH
10-04-2010, 08:13 AM
Almost on a lark this morning I tried booking reward night with points in Dayton for that week, and got a room. 'Course, who knows what's going to happen between now and then, but at least, if I can, I'll be there. Yippee!

W3WN
10-04-2010, 09:27 AM
Looking forward to seeing you there.

NB3C has confirmation that our group (a combination of people from the Wireless Association N3SH & Steel City ARC W3KWH) will be staying at the University of Dayton dorms next year. I've already told Greg I'm going ($75 for 3 nights? Can't beat that these days!).

N8YX
10-04-2010, 09:38 AM
We'll be there.

'DSG, suddenseer and I turned Friday night of Dayton weekend into a fun gathering at the Exit 29 Tumbleweed. We welcome anyone else who is able to join us for dinner...

W4RLR
10-04-2010, 04:03 PM
I may wind up bunking with my son (he lives in Dayton now) but I plan to be there. I really want to have my own digs, it depends on how ambitious I get in making necessary repairs to my travel trailer.

suddenseer
10-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Since I live 35 minutes away, and can get free tix if I volunteer to be a VE, or something i have no excuse? How many of you who live in Gotham have not been to the statue of Liberty? It's almost the same. Things are looking better to attend next time. I will have been at the new job long enough for more vacation/personal time off.

kc7jty
10-05-2010, 01:24 AM
Maybe yiz all will see Fred & his Prevost!?

W3WN
10-05-2010, 07:41 AM
I always try to avoid that corner of the building.

W1GUH
10-05-2010, 03:26 PM
I was thinking that Pittsburgh would be a really nice overnight spot on the way out to Dayton. So if anyone around there isn't going to Dayton, we could do a mini-fest the night before.

Maybe Drink All Contenents? Don't think I"m up for Drinking All States anymore! :lol:

'Course, that's still, what, 9 months away. Anything could happen before then!

W2NAP
10-05-2010, 08:29 PM
99.999999999% chance ill still be a no show at dayton

W3WN
10-05-2010, 09:29 PM
I was thinking that Pittsburgh would be a really nice overnight spot on the way out to Dayton. So if anyone around there isn't going to Dayton, we could do a mini-fest the night before.

Maybe Drink All Contenents? Don't think I"m up for Drinking All States anymore! :lol:

'Course, that's still, what, 9 months away. Anything could happen before then!

Well... we usually head to Dayton Thursday afternoon & evening, so that we're at Hamvention bright and early... ok, early... Friday AM.

It's roughly 5 hours, give or take (depending on traffic, road construction, and meal/rest breaks) from Pittsburgh to Dayton.

Now: If anyone is travelling and plans to stop here Wednesday evening, we can definitely get together.

W1GUH
10-07-2010, 09:43 AM
If I can take the time off (never know til shortly before) I can change my plans -- I also think it'd be nice to be there Friday morning. Anything definite is defininitely premature.

KA5PIU
10-08-2010, 02:11 AM

Hello.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl4qn0IZ3_Y