PDA

View Full Version : Back to teargas.

KA5PIU
10-04-2010, 05:52 AM
Hello.

This is the first case of the taser being proven to be totally ineffective against the correct type of clothing in a real world situation.
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/04/new.york.police.shooting/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn
Note that it would appear that he wanted to die by cop.
Teargas spray would have been the next logical choice.

W3WN
10-04-2010, 09:28 AM
Don't cry for me, Argentina...

n2ize
10-04-2010, 10:00 AM
I don't know if NYC cops carry teargas cannisters on them. They do have teargas available but I am not sure if they have any small cannisters on them. In the short time they had to react and with the failure of the TASER the only move left was to take the perp out. Some may argue that the cops should have grabbed the knife and subdued him. But we'll leave that to Hollywood. LOL. In this case the shooting was justified.

As for the perp, it sounds like he got his wish. I guess he was suicidal.

I will say this... If he did manage to be subdued in a non-lethal manner the worlds greatest routine headbust would have commenced seconds later.

NA4BH
10-04-2010, 12:59 PM
Just ate a bowl of chili, teargas is in the making.

w3bny
10-04-2010, 01:04 PM
Just ate a bowl of chili, teargas is in the making.

Gotta luv dem whaiteboi intestines.:-P

KA5PIU
10-04-2010, 01:26 PM
Hello.

Yes I also do not know if NYC cops carry teargas, but they did prior to the taser, and the taser can be easily foiled.
To outwit the tear gas you need a gas mask or be totally blitzed.
The argument that the taser is 100% effective is now 100% wrong.

n2ize
10-04-2010, 02:19 PM
Hello.

Yes I also do not know if NYC cops carry teargas, but they did prior to the taser, and the taser can be easily foiled.
To outwit the tear gas you need a gas mask or be totally blitzed.
The argument that the taser is 100% effective is now 100% wrong.

The manufacturer wants police to believe its 100% effective. Conductive clothing, quick removal of the electrode "darts" can render it ineffective. But, another false claim by the manufacturer is the claim of it being a "non-lethal" weapon. Numerous cases have proved otherwise.

NQ6U
10-04-2010, 02:22 PM
The manufacturer wants police to believe its 100% effective. Conductive clothing, quick removal of the electrode "darts" can render it ineffective. But, another false claim by the manufacturer is the claim of it being a "non-lethal" weapon. Numerous cases have proved otherwise.

"Less lethal" is perhaps more accurate. In any case, if I absolutely had to get shot with something, better a Taser than a .40 S&W.

n2ize
10-04-2010, 02:27 PM
"Less lethal" is perhaps more accurate. In any case, if I absolutely had to get shot with something, better a Taser than a .40 S&W.

And what a choice !! The sad part is that it seems that such choices are becoming more and more commonplace in our free society. "Tazed or Shot ?... which shall it be ?". Would I be considered a wise guy if I said "neither" and instead opt for a routine headbust ? LOL.. Under those circumstances I'b probably get both... a tazing and a headbust. :lol::lol:

NA4BH
10-04-2010, 02:42 PM
And what a choice !! The sad part is that it seems that such choices are becoming more and more commonplace in our free society. "Tazed or Shot ?... which shall it be ?". Would I be considered a wise guy if I said "neither" and instead opt for a routine headbust ? LOL.. Under those circumstances I'b probably get both... a tazing and a headbust. :lol::lol:

And then shot because you didn't bleed good enough.

w3bny
10-04-2010, 02:44 PM

Rule 4: Doubletap

n2ize
10-04-2010, 06:50 PM

maybe... but in some cases plungers in ancient NYC police station bathrooms can cause significant bleeding... Especially when used in ways no tongue can tell...hey ho my back door.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51ZqqthQars