PDA

View Full Version : 6 Meters in SE USA

W4BD
10-03-2010, 08:47 AM
Well I would like to try some 6M digital (psk-31) WAY down here is SW Ga. and surrounding States namely NW FL or SE AL. Lets see what we can do on the "Magic Band".

W4BD@arrl.net or billysol@windstream.net

W4BD
10-05-2010, 07:50 AM
Well since nobody replied to the original thread lets see if ANYBODY wants to try 6M digital any mode. Email me and lets setup a shed. I just figured that with what antennas I have right now that any contacts would need to be close in to my QTH.

W4RLR
10-07-2010, 12:08 AM
I'd be up for some work on six meters...just have to get some of the other tasks around here done first. I could drive to your QTH in about an hour and a half. I used to live in Dothan and Albany, I used to go through Donalsonville a lot.

W4BD
10-07-2010, 08:40 AM
Richard

Well yes you can get from Crestview to D'vill in about 1 1/2 hours. I am about 20 miles SOUTH of D'ville on Lake Seminole.

I have a 6M j-pole for FM and I have a 6M beam about 8 feet off the ground for SSB and Digital. I hope to put the beam up on my 70 foot tower this week end along with a 2M beam and possibly a Tri-bander for 10-15-20M.

If and when you want to try some 6M email me or let me know and we will see if we can hear each other.