PDA

View Full Version : BMW and Rolls Royce recall

W5GA
09-30-2010, 08:39 PM
Henry Royce is spinning in his grave! Don't think I've ever heard of a RR recall before. All you guys here that drive one of these, be sure to get it back to the dealer.

http://money.cnn.com/2010/09/30/autos/bmw_brake_recall/index.htm?hpt=T2

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- BMW of North America announced Thursday that is preparing to recall 198,000 BMW and Rolls-Royce cars because a leak can develop in their power brake systems.
The following cars are involved in the power brake recall and are all powered by V8 or V12 engines:

NQ6U
09-30-2010, 09:05 PM
I'll have the chauffeur bring mine in immediately. Thanks for the information, old bean.

W4RLR
09-30-2010, 10:18 PM
Rolls-Royce motorcars NEVER break down. They only FAIL TO PROCEED.

n0iu
10-01-2010, 11:45 AM
Better to recall one of their cars than one of these!

http://www.boeing.com/news/releases/2001/photorelease/q4/011120a.jpg

W4RLR
10-01-2010, 04:43 PM
Looks like someone trimmed the back end of that nacelle with a pair of pinking shears.

My father used to say a circumcision done with pinking shears was known as a "fancy Dan".

PA5COR
10-01-2010, 05:19 PM
That was to be expected when R.R. got BMW engines shoed in, and not the good R.R. engine....

K7SGJ
10-01-2010, 05:44 PM
Looks like someone trimmed the back end of that nacelle with a pair of pinking shears.

My father used to say a circumcision done with pinking shears was known as a "fancy Dan".

We always called it a frilly dilly.

kf0rt
10-01-2010, 05:47 PM
We always called it a frilly dilly.

Now, there's something that truly won't "buff out." :rofl:

N5RLR
10-01-2010, 08:57 PM
Oh, bother. Why cahn't peons make a quality component anymore? It's as if they're not grateful for having employment, you know. :stirpot:

W5GA
10-01-2010, 10:53 PM
That was to be expected when R.R. got BMW engines shoed in, and not the good R.R. engine....
Uh, Cor....the recall is for brakes. A little reading, perhaps?

KA5PIU
10-02-2010, 12:32 AM
Hello.

The trouble is that the power assist might fail under some conditions.
Brakes work fine otherwise.

A few years back this may have been a very minor issue however now we have all manner of handicapped people driving the motor car upon the roadway.
Ol' Alfred might be just that, an old man with weak feet who simply may not have it in him to depress a pedal hard.

I have seen a semi truck equipped with a wheelchair ramp.
Yes, there was no way in hell he was going to load or unload his truck and he could not put it in a difficult hole (Dock) but he did drive.
I met him when it snowed in Chicago a few years back, he was making noise about being diabetic and that he needed food and was unable to go get any.
Not that there was any to get, everyone was snowed in!
But, power assist failure can hamper driving for some people.